Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:32 pm
Again, Mtima's heart ached. She had this conversation before and it wasn't any easier with a stranger who was so frustrated and helpless against it. She wouldn't want to be seeing these horrible fights, either.. her only hope was that Sedare had gentler visions that simply didn't stand out the way these did.

"Sedare, you are a seer," she explained, "All mortal children of gods have this ability, but even some who have no connection to the gods have it, too. It's not a power We can have so I'm not able to help you more than telling you what I know. It can be controlled and that depends on you. Most are able to control if they have visions but some are able to control what they see."

Kilango had never spoken of her visions before she ran away, Mtima could only hope it had not tormented her daughter as it had her son. Wahabu had to learn to control his visions while he was young, though he had not succeeded until after she had left the Pridelands.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:35 pm
"I don't want to control it!" the lioness cried, knowing she sounded like a cub and not caring in the least. "I just want it to stop, to go away and never come back!"

She'd only heard about half of what Mtima had to say, the bits about having to learn control. It wasn't fitting for a Warrior to be cursed with such visions and Sedare refused to be any less a Warrior than her mother had been. She had completely overlooked and ignored Mtima's words about how she might be the daughter of a god.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:21 pm
There was no answer for such a frustrated cry than to go into mama-mode and offer the lioness a hug. She had no way of knowing she was from a strict, serious family who showed little physical affection (or showed it in different ways) .. but instinct told her this was the thing to do. It was OK to act like a cub sometimes.

So she came much closer and gently pulled Sedare close to her. Her wings spread out to surround them for a moment.

"You can make it stop," she said, the stern tone in her voice contrasting the compassionate gesture, "You have that power, too."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:42 pm
Sedare froze at the unfamiliar and unexpected touch. It was unlike anything her mother would have done. But in the embrace of the goddess, in the shadow of her wings, the lioness felt safe for the moment. Like her mother, Sedare wasn’t the largest of lions, being stockier rather than tall. Considering that the goddess was the largest lioness she’d ever seen, she felt like a juvenile or adolescent in comparison.

Surrounded by Mtima’s affection both physically and emotionally, Sedare broke down into tears, sobbing her frustration into the goddess’ shoulder.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:07 pm
When Sedare didn't lash out or tell her to get away, Mtima relaxed and held on quietly while the pink lioness got her frustrations out. It was an unusually strong response to this kind of revelation but she seemed like such a stoic lady.. and if she had seen Mzimu and Pepo's ends from Mtima's perspective, she could certainly still be working through that grief they accidentally shared.

After giving Sedare time to cry it out, she leaned back and smiled at her.

"I'm sorry you've seen so much hostility and grief in your visions," she said, "There's not much I can do to help except find other seers here, ones who know more about controlling it. Give me some time and I'll investigate. If you want to talk to me again, find Mstari and she'll be able to bring you to me."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:11 pm
Sedare was starting to relax, even to tentatively smile at the goddess, when Mtima said something she didn't want to hear.

"You'd...tell people? About my dreams?" Just because she'd talked to Eione didn't mean everyone knew - Sedare hadn't even told any of her siblings about the first one. Not really.

"You can't!" she exclaimed aloud. "If they knew..." Well, she didn't know what they'd do, but she didn't want them to think of her like that. Nobody in the pride. She was a Warrior and Warriors didn't have weird dreams!  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:31 pm
"I won't tell," Mtima said, staying calm even as Sedare began to panic, "I don't know enough but I have no problem trying to learn. I can see the souls of the lions living her, I can tell who the seers are."

She paused to consider this whole encounter. Sedare was carrying some heavy burdens and it didn't just start and end with a couple violent visions. Some might have considered being a seer a curse, she would wager Wahabu and Kilango both thought that at some point in their lives.. but it didn't have to be.

"This isn't a weakness," she said, "If the visions you recognize and remember are violent, it certainly needs to be controlled but this is not a personal failing. It's not rare, either. You don't have to be alone, but until you're ready for that, let me ask around."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:34 pm
"You...you can't tell anyone," the lioness choked out. "Especially not my family." She didn't want to be the weak one. Her leg may have healed, but it had still been broken. And she felt it placed an invisible stigma upon her to her siblings. It didn't matter if tehy acted on it or not, Sedare still felt it was there.

She still wasn't interested in controlling these visions. She just wanted them gone and for life to go back to normal.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:53 pm
"I won't, I promise," she said.

This was what she really needed, a distraction. The problems mortals faced when the world was not falling apart were so much simpler than the problems gods could face. She missed this, she regretted ever thinking she had to run away from the Pridelands and her family there.. she could still protect the mortals while they were here, even if she wasn't so sure anymore about what awaited in their afterlife.

"It'll be OK."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:55 pm
Reassured that Mtima wasn't going to spill her secret to anyone and everyone, Sedare finally managed to stop crying and calm down. But she still felt young and vulnerable when compared to the goddess as she looked up at winged creature.

"Really?" she asked, wanting Mtima to reassure her that everything would be fine and good and normal once more.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:26 pm
This problem seemed so simple compared to the problems that had been weighing on Mtima's mind. Some part of her knew better than to make promises she had no business making, but she was sure she could handle this. She only hoped explaining the workings of a seer to god, someone who couldn't truly understand, would be enough to help Sedare.. but maybe she would lighten up to the idea of letting a friend in.

"Yes," she said, "It will. But I don't suppose you really want to spend your night running around alone in the dark, do you? Why don't I walk with you for a bit, I'll tell you some of my happier stories so you have something else to think about than my brothers."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:34 pm
Sedare blinked, wondering why the goddess was so eager for her to forget the brothers. They hadn’t seemed of minor import, not given the strength of the feelings she’d felt in the dreams. And yes it was sad that they’d killed each other, but that didn’t negate everything. In fact, there’d been something beautiful and poignant about the combat to the death that appealed to Sedare’s soul, raised as it had been on tales of her mother’s prowess.

“Okay,” she said at last. Whatever Mtima had to say would surely be interesting at least. And she’d promised to keep her secret.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

[IC] Kitwana'antara Lands

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas