My first non-shitpost as HoH Captain.

In the wake of me reclaiming this guild and the general shenanigans afoot, it has came to my attention there are two parties attempting less than savory retaliation. In and of itself, that wouldn't really matter. Neither are the sharpest bulbs in the crayon box. I'm certainly not worried.

However, it would appear there is a Jihad mentality occurring regarding this. If you weren't disgruntled enough, you're also apparently a target.

There's a lot of bad blood regarding this situation and I don't expect nor really want any reconciliation. However, while my antics were limited to four Gaian fellows and a Discord login, if the hearsay is true and not just hot air threats from potatoes -- that's definitely not where this is stopping.

I really don't care what your opinions of me are and I certainly hold no small amount of disdain for this community; but I don't want the potential for legitimate harm coming to people as a result of internet drama. So here's some unsolicited but fairly useful advice.

https://www.privacytools.io/

This webpage has a long list of good security tips and software, prioritizing those which are open source.

https://help.bitwarden.com

This is a password manager. I recommend it over LastPass not only due to its open source nature, but because it only stores an encrypted form of your password - the only decryption key stored locally on your device. Meaning even if BitWarden were compromised, you wouldn't be entirely screwed. Also free to use and cross-platform with even its premium options you're unlikely to use only being $10/year.

Finally, if you have not changed your passwords on a service in one or more years, share a password between multiple services, etc - you should assume your information is compromised and the only reason you haven't had a problem yet is volume and luck. Two factor authentication (and three if you're comfy with bio-metrics) are not perfect, but also good additional factors. No matter how lazy you feel or how inconsequential something may appear, don't use the same password on multiple things, ever. It's just not beneficial to you.

Even if you have no interest in participating on Gaia further or think yourself uninvolved, or you think I'm Super Satan -- it's just smart to latch things securely. Please nudge people you know to do it. You can even blame it on the wrath of Hael Liquor!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.