13,425 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:04 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.-
-

The wind was foul.

Ro'kuna had barely managed to convince Golka to let her wander off from the valley of Spirits, let alone outside the canyon itself. It had even taken a silver tongue to get past Ahri'ok, who she had to remind just who was in charge while her beloved mate was away. She still hadn't completely forgiven him for...well...several things. the General, she knew, had little tact, but his words still cut her deeper than a claw could at the time.

With a heavy heart and now a nose full of what could only be a troubling breeze, she made her way outside of the pride's lands to determine the source. Such a foul stench, such a dark feeling...and no one else could sense it. It came with being the farseer sometimes, but still, something this strong could only mean trouble ahead.

And trouble ahead she found; A decaying corpse of a scout. Why no one had been alerted to this she didn't know, until she got closer to look. Not one of their own. No one that she knew. Just...eerily similar to a scout she knew had so far been trouble.

A sign? It was possible. Contemplation over the corpse was quick, and she busied herself then with burying the poor thing. Perhaps it was his spirit that was warning her? Carrying the message along the breeze? Whatever the case, Ro'kuna saw no point is not at least giving them a place to rest, and busied herself so much that she completely dropped her guard.

WC: 258

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:14 am
Kivras

User Image

There was a strange smell in the air. The smell of death.

Kati had found herself acquainted with the scent far more than she wanted to be. Blue eyes narrowed at the foul stench. Where was it coming from? She hunted a ways away from here the previous day, but she did not thing that could be the smell. It was coming from...was that the north? She should not go investigate it, but curiosity was getting the better of her.

Following the scent, Katika stumbled across another lioness, and the source of the scent. A frown was placed on her maw, did this other know the fallen creature?

"So that's where it is coming from," Katika said with a grim expression towards the other, ears flickered forward and back. "Did you know him?"  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

viatorai

Crystal Traveler

13,425 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:31 am
Any peon would have panicked. A grunt might have frozen. a Blood Guard would have attacked. The Farseer simply turned an ear in the direction of whomever was talking as an acknowledgement that they were, in fact, there. Ro'kuna sighed, softly, sadly. The fallen lion was buried, and she was asking the ancestors to watch over him and accept his spirit. It wasn't a rite, not a whole one, but with the circumstances, she could only do what she could. Though finished, the scent still lingered, and Ro'kuna had to deal with something else, now.

"No." She admitted, standing back up to turn to the other lioness. "I wish I had. Perhaps he wouldn't have met such an end." The poor lion's body was shredded, torn to pieces. It wasn't hunger that had driven his attacker, but rage.

"Someone was angry. I hope for both our sakes, whoever...or whatever... it was has moved on."

KasaiLoki

WC: 154

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:38 am
Kivras

The yellow lioness frowned. "Do you think you could have stopped such an attack if you had known the lion then?" She pondered, curious at her statement. "Surely by the sounds of it, I would not want to mingle with whatever have caused the death." Maybe the fallen deserved it? But did one really deserve to die? Who had the right to make that call anyways? Katika sure didn't, this lioness didn't either. No one should.

"I could not help but agree. I guess my travels down this path will be more cautious than before," the lioness said with a sullen tone. She needed to find a home if this was how lions treated others in this part of town.

"My name is Katika'peponi." She introduced after. "Do you travel these roads often?"  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

viatorai

Crystal Traveler

13,425 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:59 am
"He would not have been alone." A death while alone...Ro'kuna could think of few things worse. But it was not her place to spill the workings of her pride to a literal stranger, close to their lands as she was. And even the sight of green markings on the other made her feel uneasy, furthing her need and want to get back to the canyon and soon. So many bad omens, one right after the other...Surely there was meaning that she had to figure out? Were the ancestors angry?

With another sigh, exhaling through her nose in an attempt to calm her suddenly boiling emotions, Ro'kuna offered the lioness- Katika'peponi- a smile.

"Bonemaul." It would be the only name the stranger would get for now.

"...I do not." She admitted, "It took a lot of convincing to not have several others following behind me." she motioned to the small mound where she had buried the fallen lone lion. "I needed to see what had happened. The breeze was bringing trouble."

KasaiLoki

WC: 170

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:05 pm
Kivras

This other had a point. Juu did not die alone, merely in his sleep. Kati was resting right near him when it happened, although she did not know how long he was gone by the time she woke up.

"That's an...interesting name." Bonemaul. Okay, she could accept that. Maybe it was in her culture to have those types of name.

"Others to follow you?" Blue eyes looked around, as if to see the forms of others on the horizon. "Where is it that you come from?" The breeze was bringing trouble? What did that mean? The scent of death? Was that it?

"Are you not suppose to wander on your own to have an entourage?" There was safety in numbers, so why did the lioness not want to travel in a group?  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

viatorai

Crystal Traveler

13,425 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:35 pm
"Normally, I don't even leave the canyon." She sighed deeply once more. "There've been...omens. Signs, if you will. I didn't want to panic anyone else, so I insisted on coming alone to see what was going on." It was true that she didn't want anyone else to worry, but it was also a fact that, maybe, just maybe, she would have bumped into Garok out here. It hadn't happened.

"It's...hard to explain to someone not of the War Born, but I can only assume not everything is at peace around us. The death of this lion, a shortage, however small, of food, the skies growing dark mid-day, if even for a few moments...Would you not feel uneasy as well?"

KasaiLoki

WC: 119

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:43 pm
Kivras

Juu use to speak of things like that. Omens, or signs, as Bonemaul had described. Kati use to not think anything those words, but with his death still rather recent on her mind (it had been a while, but one could never really have that memory fade), she started to believe it more and more. Maybe there were things of this world she did not quite comprehend.

"War Born?" There was that term again. "Those are definitely some peculiar things going on, but maybe they are all coincidental?" She tried to use real reason behind some things happening. Death happened every day. A shortage of food? That could be contributed to the lack of rain the area had. Skies growing dark mid-day? Well.. she did not have an explanation for that one. "I can see where you would see it as uneasy, but sometimes there is a logical reason for everything."

"If there is this uneasy feeling, maybe bring someone that you truly trust, that would not panic at whatever could be going on?"  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

viatorai

Crystal Traveler

13,425 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:02 pm
"I was only to be gone a short while. Not worthy of a warband." Another smile was offered to Kati.

That everything happening was coincidental was not something she believed in, however. Too much was happening at once, and after being without the Warchief for so long, Ro'kuna could only interpret everything as things...well, things going to s**t. The ancestors were angry, the elements were uneasy, and the pride itself was growing weaker. The foundations were being shaken, and those who were learning shamanism were sure to be seeing the same signs. All in all...Not good.

"We shall endure. Signs or not, I can only take it as a good thing to have met you. I am more at ease now, speaking to someone with a fresh mind, than I was this morning." Truly, she felt slightly soothed and less ready to go back and snap at the first peon who tripped over a rock.

"Aka'Magosh, Katika'peponi. May your journeys lead you to where your heart may rest." A bow of the head, a final look at the impromptu burial mound, and Ro'kuna turned to head back. Counsel with Bloodtusk would have to happen immediately.

KasaiLoki
Another fin? :3c

WC: 195

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:10 pm
Kivras
Fin!

"oh..Well, I am glad to have helped?" I think? Kati added silently with a smile.

The last words the female said caused her to tilt her head. Aka...what? She blinked as the lioness turned to head for what she assumed was her home. The roguelands were a strange place, filled with strange characters. The last few days, Kati had found herself meeting quite a few different ones. All she knew was with the horrid death lingering on the lands, she did not want to stick around to find out who had caused them.

"Goodbye," She said quietly to the retreating female, offering an unseen waved as she headed opposite of her.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

[IC] Vita'Alizaliwa Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces