[Log] Dromio x Itri

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cajanic

Generous Unicorn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:33 am
Dromio felt like he hadn't been out in a while. Not on his own, at least. He had been doing a lot of work getting the pride back to normal, and it had been a difficult trial to get things back to some semblance of normality. Eventually, though, the pride started to feel like it used to, but... perhaps a bit brighter somehow, too. Like it had been re-built better than it was before. Maybe he was just being biased, considering he was the king and all and this was now his legacy coming into play. He hoped Bwana would be proud of him- though he knew better than to doubt that. Sighing softly, the white lion roamed the borders of his pride, just having a sweep of the land as an excuse to wander along and collect his thoughts. As he moved through the trees, he couldn't help noticing an unfamiliar scent nearby, and despite being the ruler and probably one to sit on the side of caution, he decided to check things out just in case. What if it was someone in need of help? It didn't matter what position he held in the pride- helping others was always something that would remain important to him. And it always came first.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:34 am
Itri was still wandering a bit, he had yet to settle down in a pride as of yet, so that was how he found himself in a new area he didn't know. He stopped at the border, not wanting to go into someone else's land without permission. He was still waiting before he headed back to the pride lands to see if he had been accepted and would be able to spend more time with Bembe. Unless he could talk her into leaving her pride to go adventuring with him. Itri wanted to find the place where he could become the adult he was meant to be. He still felt like there was a piece missing because he had not found his adult name.

He saw colors coming towards him and for a moment he thought he was walking towards a crystal wall and it was his reflection. He rubbed his paw in front of his eyes and looked again realizing it was another lion and not his own reflection. "Hello." Itri called out a greeting. He didn't want the other male to think he was there to fight since that was the last thing on Itri's mind at the moment.  

Cajanic

Generous Unicorn

Cajanic

Generous Unicorn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:34 am
Dromio was surprised to come across a somewhat similar-looking lion as he approached the clearing. He, mildly amused, was quick to offer a warm smile towards the stranger. Apparently he hadn't learned any lessons about stranger danger, or he had opted to forget them all just because this lion also happened to be purple and white. In any case, he was only being passingly friendly, when it came right down to it. He stopped a few feet away, giving himself plenty of room to react just in case this stranger decided to attack him.

He knew better than to assume anyone could be immediately trusted, if nothing else.

"Hello," he offered with a polite bow of his head, his soft mane bouncing lightly as he brought his head back up, his ears forward with curiosity, "my name is Dromio, and I'm the king of this pride. May I ask what brings you to the Suka'Fumo this day?" Generally, they were just wandering rogues passing through, but sometimes things of more importance ventured their way. Better safe than sorry.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:35 am
Itri nodded in a friendly manner at the lion and he listened as they introduced themselves as Dromio he grinned and bowed his head in greeting and then said "I am Itri. Nice to meet you Dromio. Or should I say, your highness?" He asked curiously he wasn't really sure what the protocol was with pride royals. Since Itri didn't remember if there had been any pride royals in the pride he had been born into. "I am here just traveling while I wait before heading back to the pride lands to see if I have been accepted by the royals there." He looked around the Suka'Fumo boarder and smiled it was nice. "I have been a rouge since the pride I was born in disbanded, as far as I know, it is still disbanded so I am now seeking a new home. I am considering joining the pride lands if they will allow. Otherwise, I will continue my search for a home." He wasn't too worried, it was a little sad if he couldn't join the pride lands but he had only just met Bembe she was not his mate yet. So there was always the chance something else would happen.  

Cajanic

Generous Unicorn

Cajanic

Generous Unicorn

Dromio chuckled lightly. "I think Dromio would do just fine, thank you though." He appreciated the sentiment, though it was still weird to be considered the king. How long had he been in charge now? How much longer until he actually got used to the title he now wore? It was difficult to say, but he was sure in time it would start to feel normal... eventually. "IT's nice to meet you too, Itri." It was an interesting name. "The pride lands? I believe I know of it. That's quite a nice place to live, so I hope your acceptance there goes well!" He continued to listen, frowning at the news.

"It's a shame when prides disband, though I'm sure you'll find the pride lands a lovely place to make a new home. I can't imagine they would have a reason to deny you, right?" Unless he was some kind of crazy cub killer, they were generally pretty good about accepting members into their fold. "I have never been, of course, only heard stories. I was born and raised here, in the Suka'Fumo."  
Itri smiled and nodded his head thankful that Dormio was a normal lion and didn't want to be bowed to or honored for Itri simple being in the area. He was also thankful that Dormio had not growled at him or been threatening in any way. He smiled and said "Thank you, I hope I am accepted as well, I have my eye on getting to know a sweet lioness there if I am accepted." He said with a grin. Itri nodded "I was born in the mountains, so for a long time I knew nothing but that life. I do not remember much I left on my journey to find my adult name and returned to everything gone. I shouldn't have stayed away so long, but I needed to find my adult name. Perhaps because I did not it brought a curse on my people." He chuckled since he didn't really believe the Swampies disbanding was his fault. "Something must have happened while I was gone to make them leave I do not know what the reason was." He looked in the direction where his home once was. Sometimes he missed it, others he knew it was time to move on.  

Cajanic

Generous Unicorn

Cajanic

Generous Unicorn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:36 am
Oh ho! Well, he supposed he might have expected that. "I see! A lioness, is it? Well, I guess that is what tends to bring the lions home," he chuckled lightly, amused at the thought of how things tended to work in the rogue lands. It always seemed like the males wandered around hopelessly until they happened upon the right female to lead them home. He wondered if it was always such a normal thing, or if he was just romanticizing it because he happened to be a pride-born lion and actually knew very little about the world beyond. He only knew as much as those who came to join his pride would explain to him. "I'm sure you didn't curse your pride," he assured him gently, "these things just happen. Not every pride can stand the test of time, and all things must come to an end eventually. Perhaps it wasn't even a bad thing: simply the world granting everyone the ability to broaden their lives with new places and new lions."  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:37 am
Itri grinned widely "I have to find a mate someday if I am ever to have cubs, and yea I know I could be a rouge and have my way with any number of females, but I want to know my cubs. See them grow into their lives and see them happy. I don't want to just have cubs and leave lionesses all over the land with my cubs to raise on their own." He nodded listening to Dormoi "I'm sure you are right, if my pride hadn't disbanded I would never had met Bembe, because I would never have had the reason to travel as far as the pride lands. Or gone to the jungle. I suppose it's just a longer journey to find my adult name." He said with a laugh.  

Cajanic

Generous Unicorn

Cajanic

Generous Unicorn

"That's a respectable reason to find a home- the want of family," Dromio replied with a nod of his head, "I'm sure you'll find something soon, even if it's not with this lioness. Not that I think things will go poorly, of course." He cleared his throat at that- boy what an awkward thing for him to be talking about with a stranger. He smiled all the same, tilting his head slightly to one side as he listened. "I'm glad you can see the bright side! It certainly helps in times of darkness. Perhaps you'll continue to gain new adventures as you go along." He didn't know what the other meant by finding his adult name, but he assumed it had something to do with his former pride. A rite of passage or something like that. In any case, he wasn't going to pry about it. "Well, it was nice to meet you, but I'm afraid I should really get back to my rounds. Is there anything you might have needed from me before I go?"  
Itri nodded he enjoyed the approval of the king, it was nice to know that someone of higher power then him agreed with his choice. Itri shook his head and then prepared to head back to the pride lands. "No, but thank you for the talk." He said with a chuckle it had been an intresting talk, but since Itri didn't know what had become of his father Dromio speaking with him had helped him feel right in his path. "Fair well." He said bounding off heading back towards the pride lands.  

Cajanic

Generous Unicorn

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces