Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Tianxia Lands
[PRP] So.... We have news. (Miyako x Belial x Kimondo)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:52 pm
User ImageShe was nervous. It's not like she had been expecting to have cubs so soon in her relationship, but here they were. Expecting.

And soon.

She had a hunch she had been carrying about halfway through their trip here but she hadn't been one hundred percent sure until recently. Now here they were about to tell her Aunt the news. Not that it was going to be bad news, but she knew she'd most likely be having the cubs while in the Tianxia and that wasn't going to be the best thing.

Travelling with them on the way back would be difficult, unless they stayed long enough for them to reach adolescence, then it shouldn't be an issue at all.

She was likely over thinking this but it was starting to get to the point her belly was noticeably larger and she couldn't blame it on eating too much.

Looking over at her mate she gave him a nervous smile as they approached Kimondo.

"Hey Aunt Kimondo.... We have something we need to tell you." She was pretty sure she had at least a hunch, if she had time to notice with everything else she had to worry about. If not, she probably would now.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:33 pm
User Image

After an.. unfortunate.. meeting with the Lord and Lady of the West House where Kimondo apparently put her foot in her mouth and had to come to terms with that whether or not she thought she was the only one to blame for how it went, she was suddenly approached by one of her nieces.. and the nervous look on her face said this probably wasn't going to make her feel any better. Still, she offered as sincere a smile as she could muster and braced herself.

"Miyako," she greeted her niece fondly, glancing to Belial with a friendly nod. When she looked back to Miyako, instead of looking to her face, her eyes immediately went to the lioness's growing belly. There were only so many things a mated pair would "need to tell [her]". After a few seconds of curious staring at her midsection, Kimondo looked up to Miyako's face expectantly.

Don't say it...

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:15 pm
User Image

The number of emotions Belial was feeling weren't limited to excitement and pride. Miyako wasn't just any lioness, no, she was the Queens niece and these were likely not ideal times to be starting a family. However the thought of having a family of his own had him nearly giddy - they would be the envy of the pride!

Belial could feel his stomach tighten slowly, but surely, as the pale pelt of their Queen came in view. Kimondo was a picturesque Queen in his mind. "Queen Kimondo." The lion swept lightly into a bow as he addressed her formally. They were family, by marriage, but he still felt compelled to be formal. He could still recall the day that she allowed him to swear his loyalty to her, a day he wouldn't soon forget. On that day she had been confident and driven by the need to know where everyone stood. Today she seemed concerned, but mostly in regards to where those pale olive green eyes went - he was in trouble.

The male stood next to his mate and tried to only wear the pride on his face, but he was sure some of the fear slipped through in his eyes.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:38 pm
For as calm as everything was she couldn't help but notice her Aunt staring at her belly.

Cat was out of the bag.

Literally.

Given how Belial introduced himself to Kimondo he wasn't going to be the one telling her. Though she was certain at this point she already knew.

"We are going to be parents soon." She just went out and said it, no reason to sugar coat it. She wasn't ashamed of this by any means. While it was extremely awkward timing there was no helping it now.

"And I would like to emphasis, we didn't expect it to happen so soon. We were thinking it would be later on that we'd have a family." While she probably didn't have to explain she felt it was needed given the prides current location.

"I realize what a strain this might put on the party."

Ecavi

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:51 am
Belial's formality made Kimondo's stomach twist, it was such a stark contrast to dealing with other nobles and a strong reminder that she did command the respect of many of her people and they were relying on her to be a good leader. Great Lion, she knew what was coming and it felt like the worst time to be dealing with something like this, not to mention the added personal guilt knowing Hodari would be here if she hadn't asked her sister to stand in her place while she was gone.

So she had to shake off her frustration and insecurity at that moment. Belial needed her to be the stable authority she had promised and Miyako needed her to be her aunt.

"Congratulations," she said, sounding wearier than she might have in other circumstances but smiling nevertheless. It only took that split second to realize what she was making into such a big deal in her mind, too, and that wasn't fair to the cubs or their parents.

"I knew this would happen, don't worry too much about it, Miyako," she added honestly, "I was expecting it a little later, longer after we got settled in and with better odds of reaching home before.. but we brought two married couples with us."

Ctrl F Greenie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:42 am
Whites of his eyes were likely showing in slight fear at the casual way Miyako dropped the news, but he supposed it was best. Like some dressing on a wound it was best removed quickly and he winced, but the Queen addressed the situation in an appropriate manner - one he almost hadn't expected.

Getting yelled at? He could handle.

Vulgar words thrown about? Sure give him a little bit of that.

The sweet ways of a lioness were something he found himself enjoying more and more, but it still set him up for these moments of 'huh?'. "Thank you." The lion managed to stammer out before he righted himself, eyes relaxing and heart beat slowing. She wasn't wrong - couples, especially of the married variety, started families and so this shouldn't have been a shock to the system at all. He wanted shout out with joy at the sudden relief, now he could fully enjoy the family they had started.

"What will these cubs mean for everything?" Belial realized that he hadn't really known what to do in the situation of cubs. He knew there were traditions, but never bothered to know them in and out - only protect the prides members, that was what he had been born into. Now he fed them, still not a reason to know the traditions surrounding child birth.

AstoriaFallen

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:58 pm
Ecavi

Her aunt was taking this surprisingly well given they were in a pride outside of their own. They were going to be here for a great deal of time still so she wasn't overly concerned about having to travel with young cubs on the way back as she thought of it more. She was actually relieved that she was so calm about this and it made her feel more at ease about the whole thing.

When Belial spoke up she looked over at her Aunt with a nod. "Yes, what does this mean. I know that we have a priest with us so would it be the usual routine? I know we're not on our prides lands but everything would still be done as if we were, yes?" She wasn't sure what else they could do. They based everything on the moons cycle and she didn't think it would change just because of where they were. They had all the lions they would need in order to do what they had to do to figure out what they would be classified as in their pride.

"This is a difficult situation it seems."  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:26 pm
Kimondo didn't answer right away, wanting to make sure she knew what the most accurate answer for right now was. Miyako was right, they did bring priests with them but one was a Historian and one still an apprentice.. and both were male. That meant she would have to handle most of the work-- oh, but then there was someone else!

"Antara and I will handle this," she said finally, "Shida and Badru would be out of their element, and they're both males. Antara and I are both trained to be able to step in when necessary, though she might not have spent much time on this.."

Midwives were never really a problem at home.. at least Kimondo had done this herself before.

"I'll find out if there are any rules observed here, too," she added, "We aren't from here but we should respect their traditions."

Ctrl F Greenie

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:52 pm
He'd heard it from Miyako, heard it in front of Kimondo and yet it was these words that finalized the reality of what was happening to their lives. There would be cubs within a few weeks time, more or less, and he would be a Father. A small gulp left the lion as he pondered the scenario. To top it all off.. the Queen would be helping with the birth of their cubs. "Thank you Queen Kimondo." He exhaled slowly and relaxed a little where he stood.

"Oh." He remarked. Belial was beyond thankful that the Queen was here to oversee things. He hadn't considered what traditions might be upheld in the pride itself. Would they be required to name their children differently? A second name? His thoughts whirled about as he recalled what he had seen and heard about before and during their stay.

"We appreciate your help with this, all of it."

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:02 pm
Ecavi

Oh good, her Aunt would be helping. This actually made her feel entirely better about the whole situation. "That is such a relief to hear." The feeling washed over her and she sat down and just let out a sigh of thanks. She had been so stressed out about the whole thing and hadn't realized it until now when it was completely lifted.

"Though, I think it would be fun to pull Shida's leg a little bit." She laughed at the thought, it would be entertaining to say the least, it would give her some humor about the whole situation.

"That would probably be a good idea. It would honestly be best if you found out the details given your authority and standing with this pride." Her Aunt might be a new Queen but she was still pretty wise when it came down to things. She had complete faith in her.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:30 am
Distracted from her trouble with the West House nobles and having come to realize there was an easy answer to the 'problem' being presented to her now, Kimondo was finally calm and smiling again. She didn't need to worry Miyako and Belial because they didn't have to worry about this.

She snickered at the idea of telling Shida he was responsible for this, but shook her head.

"I'm sorry, you shouldn't have had to worry so much about this," Kimondo said finally, "I am hoping we'll leave with a larger party than we arrived with, not all parents are married and shared blood is a good way to strengthen an alliance.."

Of course, that reminded her of Alizeti and the surprising ferocity of his loyalty to the Tianxia now. Still, she kept going.

"The Great Lion may be focused on those at home but He can still see us here," she said, "I'll make sure your cubs are just as precious to Him here as they would be at home."

Ctrl F Greenie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:38 pm
Belial shot a look towards Miyako at her suggestion of teasing Shida. "You have a cruel side to you I've never seen before!" Though he mimicked a tone of surprise he found himself smiling and becoming at ease with the situation. "The poor soul will be sacrificing the Great Lion himself to be able to prepare himself for the evening his has to handle that." This time a roaring laugh boomed from him.

"Truthfully, Queen Kimondo, my largest fear was presenting the situation to you." Belial found his gaze leaving the Queen briefly at his admittance, but he steeled himself and forced his gaze to return to her. "Travelling home was and still is the least of my worries. Between Miyako, myself, the pride members, and the Great Lion himself our family will be well looked after." His speech was followed by likely the most sincere look of confidence Belial had ever worn. Never while he was joining the pride had he seen himself face to face with a Queen and his mate, the Queens niece. If he had to admit it to anyone he would have considered himself fodder, dead before Shangyue fell from his title.

To say he was thankful would be an understatement.

"I'm sure He looks over us now." A small smile replaced his previous confident expression, but he was still genuine.

AstoriaFallen

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:23 pm
Ecavi
GOT IT UP! <3

She was pleased that her Aunt was so understanding about the whole thing, while it was going to be tough the fact she had her families support meant the world to her. "Thank you Aunt Kimondo, you don't know how much your words mean to me." She said with a smile and a bow of her head in gratitude as she gave thanks to the Great Lion mentally.

"I can't wait to see what new additions we might be coming home with."

She was getting tired though so she figured it would probably be best if she went and rested soon. "I'm starting to feel a little worn out, I don't want to cut this short but I should go rest."  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:04 am
Kimondo smiled at the both of them, wishing with all her heart that Hodari could be here with them but took solace in the fact that she could be here herself. Perhaps she would send a message back to the pride, they had made arrangements with some of the local avians after all..

"Of course," she said, stepping aside when Miyako said she was tired, "You're both new as Hunt Leaders so you haven't dealt with this before but your duties will ease as you get closer to giving birth. Belial, since you're a Hunt Leader and her husband, you'll be picking up most of the slack but I'm sure Kasai would be excited to help you out, too."

It was lucky, too, that the other Leader they had was Miyako's sister.

"I'm counting on the three of you to make sure we earn our keep while we're here," she reminded them cheerily, "You'll just have to delegate a bit more, Miyako."

Ctrl F Greenie

AstoriaFallen

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:36 am
Belial peered at his mates weary expression and knew it would be time for her to rest soon. If he had been aware before it was worse now. The weight of these cubs fell hard on him already and she had barely begun to show. They would surely have him wrapped around their little paws if he wasn't careful, but that was a future problem he would console himself about later.

"I'll do whatever is necessary." He stated, accepting what she had said to be true. Belial would be with his mate as often as he could, but with their duties would be his primary concern. The only time he would drop them was if rumor hit that he was to be a father. A Father. He blushed slightly beneath his pelt at the thought that began to whisper slowly to him then shout. A small shiver shook his body and he sighed softly, he only appeared to have nerves of steel, below that he was shaking like a leaf.

"We'll work at delegating and discussing our plans, but in the warmth of our den. Lets get you rested Miyako." He smiled warmly to their Queen. "Thank you for your support Queen Kimondo." He gave a small bow before looking to Miyako to usher her away.

AstoriaFallen

Ecavi

[IC] Tianxia Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces