[META PRP] Secret Screening [Deimos + Stryke]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:12 pm

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Surprise! You're being scouted.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:22 pm

All the people present were starting to really drain on his energy. Despite the fantastic mood he was in, he just couldn't help but start to feel like his nerves were fraying the longer he stayed immersed in other trolls. So, he'd excused himself for a little while to go hang out on one of the edges of the room and recuperate. He'd grabbed himself a couple of snacks and a water bottle on the way, too.

After a bit of searching Deimos managed to find an unoccupied table, and made for it immediately. He settled down onto one of the benches and sighed, letting all of the tension he'd been building up release. Finally. Some peace and... relative quiet. He opened up his water bottle and took a sip out of it, shifting himself to be able to watch the rest of the room.

leon_a_darkangel
STRYKE WHILE THE IRON IS HOT hahaha i'm funny i swear

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:45 pm
Chittentown.

The last time he was here, Stryke had been dressed in an orangeblood disguise...and had encountered Kursha. This town had once been his home before he became a wanted troll. Dressed to match his blood hue, Forger Specie had come on behalf of volunteering for the militaries space program. Thus far, it was going off with little issue.

Stryke was on a mission, not only to do all he could for the rebellion..but to investigate a lead Cerpin had informed him of. A tealblood whom he had found as promised relatively easily. The description the purpleblood had offered was impeccable. Stryke had kept an eye on the younger troll, waiting for the right opportunity to approach him.

Forera would be the one to actually recruit him, Stryke wanted to get a read for the other troll. If he was truly going to be part of their Initiative one day... he wanted to get a feel for him, and better determine the type of troll he'd be potentially working with. While he trusted Cerpin well enough, being able to relay back to Byakko what manner of troll this one was couldn't hurt.

Of course, this troll would not know him by his proper name, not now anyway. It risked blowing his cover. So when he saw the other break away from the crowd, Stryke casually sauntered towards the station that offered chilled water bottles. Oh, so gently he retrieved one, sipping on it as he broke from the crowded area.

Deimos, as Cerpin had labeled him, seemed tense. There was an awful lot of trolls. Stryke didn't blame him, it was awfully noisy. "Sure is busy." He began, chuckling as he shook his head. Forger's tone was much stronger than his normal speaking voice, it had taken practice to speak above his normal soft tones. "The whole space program seems awfully fascinating eh? Stryke inquired as he gestured to the seat beside the other as if asking permission to join him.

nepsah
B) /casually slinks over to

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:55 pm

Deimos had been looking in a different direction when Stryke came up to the table- he turned his head a little fast to see who was speaking, though his expression seemed to remain fairly blank. Figures, he'd move away from the crowd to be by himself, and then almost immediately get approached by another talkative troll. He nodded, taking the opportunity to look the yellowblood over. Second one that night... though this one was more.. whole. Than Engrav was. "Yeah, not that surprising though." He shrugged, then motioned for Stryke to take the seat at the yellowblood's nod. He ended up scooting a little further away on the bench, though. Deimos was not keen on being touched at the moment with how close he was feeling to being overstimulated. Hopefully it would just look like he was making room, or something.

"Are you here to learn more about... y'know, space travel? Or just 'cause it's somethin' to do?" He quirked one brow, then took another sip of his water. It was hard to tell who was present because they actually cared about space travel and who just wanted some free food or something to do. Or maybe to just make connections, networking and all that. "Deimos. You?" Ah, he'd forgotten introductions again. If Thypion were there he was sure he'd get a headbutt or something for that.

leon_a_darkangel
; )))))

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:06 pm
Stryke gave the other boy an apologetic smile as if he could decipher he wanted peace and solitude. It was almost impossible with how lively things were. Pursing his lips he glanced towards the crowd as he sighed slightly, sitting down giving the other plenty of space as he respected not wanting to be too close. Especially to a stranger. "I suppose..everyone has their reasons." He mused aloud.

"Hm?" Stryke gave the other his full attention then as he tapped his foot lightly on the ground. "I am intrigued by space travel I can assure you. The promise of going up there is exciting." He admitted. "It's more than something to do..I've always wondered if it would be possible in my lifespan." Stryke chuckled softly.

As if on queue the other introduced himself. Good, he had found the right troll after all. "My name is Forger Specie. A pleasure to meet you Deimos." He would have offered to shake hands, but with how tense the other troll seemed he instead bowed his head in respect for the other. Capping his waterbottle Stryke exhaled slowly. "I must say...there are one too many trolls here goodness. Worth it considering whats about to go down." He sighed a bit, shrugging. The realization how much more difficult his job would be weighing on him.

In all fairness, it was also to bait more conversation from him, as he wanted to get an idea what sort of troll he was.

nepsah

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:30 pm

He didn't really... need assurance. What a strange speech pattern. "I'm sure even if the military hadn't gone for it, individuals would've found a way." More like if he had no other choice he probably would've started delving into astro-engineering or something. Their species was once spread wide throughout the galaxy- surely they'd be the same again. He eyed the room again, biting at his lower lip as the crowd seemed to grow. This was getting pretty ridiculous... Did they need this many volunteers?

"Huh? Oh- yeah. More like twenty too many. You'd think... they'd like, get a bigger tent for the volunteers or somethin'. S'not like they coulda expected most trolls would wanna sign up for military stuff." He rolled his eyes a little. "But yeah, worth it to get a chance to get up there. What're you thinkin' they'll have us do?"

leon_a_darkangel

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:37 pm
Stryke looked mildly sheepish as he leaned back adjusting the hat he didn't use to wearing. It was bad enough his long hair hung without a tie of any kind. It was almost distracting..but it would have to do. The point was to look completely different after all. Listening closely to Deimos he nodded slightly as he spoke. "It ss..." He paused as he struggled not to stress the tense in his S. It was a habit, and natural for him. "Stands to reason sometroll would have. Our species have not always been on our home planet after all." He agreed finally, his leg crossing over the other as his foot swayed to an imaginary motion as they spoke.

"Only twenty you think? Seems like more. Trolls of all ages and walks of life no less. I have to wonder how many will volunteer and will stay down." Stryke frowned. He tapped his fingers on his forearm as his arms crossed over his chest. "Good question. I figure they are going to have us doing some sort of cleanup work suffice it to say. Why else send us up on the Queen's Beetles?" Stryke mused, before shrugging his shoulders.

As he watched trolls milling about he leaned forward, his arms unfolding as he placed his elbows on his tighs as he studied those around them for a long moment. "What's your take on going up there? If you don't mind my asking of course." Stryke inquired politely still wearing that same easy going small smile.

nepsah

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:40 pm

"Okay, twenty is an under statement." He shrugged, but he also hadn't been trying to properly estimate how many trolls were crammed into a too-small area. "Prolly not many. They got the kids to do groundwork stuff, 'less they start forcin' trolls to stay." He'd noticed that most of the ground crew seemed to be made up of younger kids with their lususes. Was that really wise..? Probably not, but as long as everything got done it didn't really matter, did it. "Eh... I guess clean up's not so bad if it's up there." That and if he was on cleaning duty he'd probably have more time to actually look at the ships.

He shifted to lean an elbow on the table they were next to, then rested his chin on his hand. "My take?" He hummed in thought, glancing over at Forger. This was a stranger, so he couldn't be as open as he would have with friends... but it was obvious that most trolls were only there because they had an interest in space. Or because they wanted a good meal, or something. Forger didn't seem like he needed a meal.

"This is a steppin' stone for better things. For me, an opportunity to learn more for... personal projects." He gave a bit of a half-shrug. He supposed that probably wasn't enough to condemn him to too much scrutiny. He had plenty of star maps at his hive, those could be the project in question. "I wasn't sure if it'd happen in my lifetime so I'm takin' advantage of it as most as I can. Sorta. Without unnecessary obligations as strings attached." He'd probably have more access to things if he was signed up as a military recruit, but... he just couldn't do it. Maybe if he'd never met Forera or Cerpin... maybe.

leon_a_darkangel

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:05 am
Stryke nodded grimly in response to the other trolls assessment of the situation. His gaze flickered around, taking in the variously aged trolls along with their lusus and those without. It was a mixture of blood castes...and likely walks of life he could only imagine. "Maybe..this is history in the making after all I figure." He mused quietly. "I guess we will see soon enough." He finally added.

While the yellowblood wasn't expecting him to open up or anything, at least this started the channel for their communicating. He listened to him patiently with a curious expression on his face. He provided the other his undivided attention. Deimos seemed like he was passionate about his pursuit of what he enjoyed. Even if the other skirted around the edge of the conversation, it seemed apparent enough he had personal attachments to the subject at hand.

"I've always wanted to see the stars...I use to read about space as a wiggler well into my childhood. So I envy you if you can make something of something as vast as space." He admitted, touching on the true nature of whom he really was. The winds of change would come for them all soon enough...he had been upon them for many a sweep now. Whether or not this boy would be one to be swept up remained to be seen. Cerpin had faith in him...could Stryke share that sentiment? Maybe.

"I agree." He suddenly said with a thoughtful smile. "I'm no expert, but a chance to venture like this?" He looked towards the tents, where people were beginning to be sorted. "I wouldn't miss it for the world." Plus they all had a job to do.

nepsah

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:24 am

He grinned at the idea of making something out of it. Oh, he would. Eventually, he would. "That'll be the goal. To make somethin' of it, I s'pose. Just gotta get the means to reach the next beginnin'." He nodded. This wasn't by any means an 'end' for him, oh no. This was very much a real beginning. "It's good they're lettin' regular folk get up there though. Guess they had too many ships to rely just on the military to take care of 'em. Too bad 'bout not bein' able to take stuff back, though." This was... dangerous territory, but he'd already made deals with a couple other trolls to gather information... why not branch out if it felt safe to do so?

Trolls were starting to form loose lines, it was probably getting close to time to go see if he could find a group or something. But... might as well talk things out a little longer. He'd go look for Cerpin first- they were going to work together for space travel, he wanted to see how things would play out in this sort of trial mission.

leon_a_darkangel

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:58 pm
Stryke noted the way the other grinned, it made him chuckle lightheartedly. The yellowblood shifted as he leaned back against the bench they had been seated at. "I think that is what anytroll could hope for...making something of your dreams and desires. Our hopes are what often shape our future, outside sources trusting interference wise of course." If he had been a different troll and followed a milder mannered way of life, maybe he would still be working for The Hole In The Wall serving coffee..perhaps he'd follow his artistic talent or..no it didn't really matter. That version of himself was still alive and real, but he had changed and grown passed that normal life.

Stryke looked thoughtful as he looked up once again as if contemplating the vastness of space. "I would think so. There is only so many military personnel compared to the civilian population. We have generations of trolls missing..our population is only just beginning to regenerate who knows what we will find out there." He added as he looked at the grouping of trolls milling about.

"You seem more open-minded than the average troll." He commented as Stryke shifted his weight, grabbing his water bottle and sipping from it as they chatted. "How do you see things as they are?" He brushed on the subject without outright stating the word Government or Military. Stryke did gesture towards the crowds and trolls in uniforms however as he glanced at Deimos. "Exploitive or logical?" He asked genuinely curious to see if he would share his views.

nepsah

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:11 pm

Deimos sipped on his water bottle, listening as Forger spoke. He quirked a brow at the question, taking a moment to screw the cap back on his bottle before answering... That was a tricky question, especially if Forger was a plant, or something. Engrav had mentioned that being a possibility. Then again, he supposed the question at hand could be more narrowed down to the matter of volunteers simply being around to do dirty work while receiving no real reward other than the experience itself. He hummed in thought, then shrugged.

"Both. More the former." He turned to look out at the crowd, then slowly back to Stryke. "When you control all the power and resources its logical to do things the way they are... but doesn't make it not exploitative to do it that way." Another pause as he shifted his weight, and stifled a yawn. "Why? How d'you see it?" He supposed if it was the question he thought Forger was asking, the yellowblood would probably have different thoughts on it.

leon_a_darkangel

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:31 pm
For a moment Stryke wasn't sure he would actually respond. In a world like they lived in, for all he knew this could lead to problems if he spoke ill of the system. It wasn't like he was asking him to demonize anything, he merely was curious to hear his take on things.

What came next made him hum thoughtfully as Stryke nodded.

A rather inquisitive expression came over Stryke's face as he listened further to Deimos give his account of how he felt things worked. Even if the other was not yet a member, it seemed reasonable that why somewhat apathetic in general he could prove to be a valuable resource. "I couldn't agree more honestly." He said suddenly after glancing around, looking from one direction to the next as if to ensure no one troll was listening to them.

"While it is logical, it is exploitative when you are the world overs main source of power in the eyes of the population...it's an interesting balancing act that is more tipped then anything I suppose one could argue." He drummed his fingers lightly against his arm in consideration. "It makes me wonder what they are sending us into exactly. I guess we will see, no?" Stryke concluded with a small sigh followed by a small smile.

nepsah

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:54 pm

Dei noticed the shifty glancing- that made them seem even more suspicious than if he hadn't looked around. He wasn't going to comment on it though, he'd said his piece and wasn't going to elaborate any further with a stranger. He nodded in response to his question, though. "Well, yeah, that's the whole point of holdin' all the power. You tip the scales in your favor, regardless a the consequences for others." Right- that was enough about that. No more needed to be said. "I s'pose we'll find out. We're probably just clearin' the way for the important people anyway." He shrugged, then finished off the last of his water. "Maybe we'll even be on the same squad. 'Til then, I'm gonna go figure out who's gettin put where." He pushed himself up, taking a moment to stretch - fingers threaded together as his arms went over his head. "Seeya 'round, Forger." With a small wave, he strode off into the gathering crowd.

leon_a_darkangel
figured this would be a good end!

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

Alternia RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out