[PRP] First Contact [Adanna/Tapana/Ayira]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:23 pm
It had been some time since the rogue party had ventured out and with no word from them, it was all they could do to assume things were going well. Tapana wasn't sure why she was getting so antsy over it. Was it because she was worried for their wellbeing? Or was it that she was anxious the mission might be a success and more of the pride might seek to travel beyond the sands to the world beyond?

She was torn.

Why did ruling have to be so difficult? Why did she have to face down such stubborn-headed colleagues? Why could her partner and magistrates not just agree to leave the outside world to their own devices? It was all about breeding for them. All about freshening the bloodlines. Diluting them. Tapana knew that in some cases this might have been useful - maybe even in her own - but she was stubborn and determined and one day she hoped to find a mate within the pride who could provide her with offspring. Well, mate wasn't really the term she would use, in all fairness. She had no desire for a mate. Only a male to father good, strong children. Truth-be-told, Tapana had never found much attraction in the opposite sex. They had their uses, of course,
but they'd never caught her eye.

She lengthened her stride across the sand to hasten out across the pride to where the hunting party was calling out their success, eager to see how some of the newer lions and lionesses had done on their first true hunt. The scent of meat was strong upon the wind which could only spell success.

Good news, indeed.

Ecavi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:57 pm
User Image

"I know you’re here! Show yourself!"

Adanna had hesitated when learning a lioness named Amaka was looking for her. It didn’t seem like much of a trap, rather she immediately knew what it meant and spent some time in denial. Finally, after days are arguing with herself she’d settled on an ultimatum. Either she would go and face this lioness, or she would get Adeyemi involved. It was only so long she could go without letting the mama’s boy in on the secret.

She was between the Hongshan Quarter where Amaka had been looking for her and where the hunters had settled. She was also completely oblivious to the proximity of Tapana. But Adanna knew she was here, even if she couldn’t find her.

Seemingly out of nowhere, especially from what Tapana might see, a bright red lioness appeared. She had an arrogant smile on her face and didn’t hesitate to approach the shouting lioness.

User Image

Adanna was genuinely surprised when a lioness appeared seemingly out of thin air (though there were a few stray feathers..?) The lioness before her was no stranger, either. She was built like Adanna’s lost sister but the eyes were a dead giveaway.

"Hello, Adanna," Amaka said.

Adanna growled in response, taking a threatening step forward but Amaka was unmoved.

"So you are here," Adanna said, stopping her approach when Amaka didn’t react but still fiercely glaring, "And you are.. you’re.."

While Adanna has never doubted her conclusion about her mother, seeing her mother’s eyes on her sister’s face in a plain red package was hard to swallow.

"I knew you’d have me figured out by now," Amaka said, taking a step back. As each paw hit the sand a part of her true form was revealed, from her back feet up to her front, ending at her nose. With a rough shake of her fur, she even seemed to grow larger. Her illusion was gone, and a winged lioness stood before Adanna, looking smug.

Adanna stared as it happened. This was the mother she remembered, but larger and with wings. If this was her true form, her disguise for life in the Hongshan hadn’t been especially creative.

User Image

Kimaria

((Written on mobile while at work, all fixed up now xD Couldn't get quotes to work at the time! Ayira is currently without her crown & cape, but she is in her god form))  

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:25 pm
The occassional raised voice might not have usually drawn her attention, but even at that tone and their distance, Tapana recognised the owner. The seer, Adanna. Curious. What could have riled her, so? She drew to a slow halt and turned to look, furrowing her brows in mild confusion. She could have sworn that the female had been the only one in sight and now there stood another. The lioness was not one that Tapana immediately recognised, though she could be forgiven for believing her to be of old blood. Her simple and bold Firekin colouration could have certainly linked her to one of the old lines - in a time before their pelts had been diluted with rogue-marks.

With a short huff, she altered her path, turning towards the females - not quite sure why she was drawn to the situation but unable to quell her curiosity enough to pass on by. Besides, she had been meaning to catch up with Adanna for a while, see how things were going on. See if she had discovered any other seers within the pride.

Maybe the plain but striking female was one of these seers? Maybe she was riled at being discovered? She supposed such a reaction might not have been unthinkable.

What happened next, however, was.

The plain female shed her appearnce like a snake could shed its skin. But instead of bright scale beneath there were, huge unfurling wings.

Tapana froze, heart pounding, not quite sure what she was seeing -- or rather, desperately hoping that this was the moment all her dreams would be answered.

"Finar-Si?" the name was uttered as a shaky whisper - the name so very rarely dropped from her lips. A forbidden thing. The lioness before her was large and fierce and ever bit of the goddess that Tapana had imagined - except perhaps for her sand-brown pelt. Suddenly she wasn't sure what her next move should be. She was out in the open and if one of them spared a glance her way there would be no hiding. And yet, though part of her craved to leap forwards and embrace this blessing, another part of her feared shattering the moment completely. So, instead of doing nothing, she continued moving towards them at a slow pace, her paws as cautious upon the sand as if she hunted the antelope herself.

Ecavi
No worries! Such gorgeous lionesses in your post~~

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:32 pm
A long silence hangs between mother and daughter as Tapana stumbled in her approach at the revelation that the plain red lioness was secretly a god. Adanna, clever and angry though she is, was at a loss for words so Ayira stepped up to start them off. She was peripherally aware of Tapana's presence but she knew enough about both Regents that it will not put her off.

"I've been waiting for you," she said, "I arrived after the Hongshan and I waited and waited. And here you are."

Adanna stared, scowling.

"Does Adeyemi know?" she asked, realizing that her idiot brother is detached enough to keep a secret like this. She would rip him to shred either way, if he'd been hiding something like this. But her fantasy of having an excuse to attack him was cut short.

"No," Ayira answered simply. If she had to explain why she would reveal herself to Adanna and not Adeyemi, well, the answer wouldn't be entirely clear even to her. Adeyemi was less likely to care, perhaps. Adanna was always more likely to see the potential.. despite her general preference to stay out of the affairs of mortals, Ayira was here for a reason.

"I assume Amara and Askari are dead," the goddess said, sounding almost regretful at the loss of her third child and once-mate.

"Neither survived the Nergui," Adanna confirmed, "They tried harder to keep Amara alive, but she would have none of it."

After her time in the Nergui, after realizing what she and Adeyemi were, what Amara must have been as well.. she understood why Amara had been such an attractive prize. The problem was that her sister was more stubborn than either of her siblings and more fiercely loyal to the Hongshan. She chose to die on the mountain rather than live as a slave to be converted.

"Pity," Ayira muttered, filling in the gaps on her own and understanding. Amara had been her favorite child, once. Knowing her survival instinct was so easily overridden was a disappointment. More and more she was realizing that daddy's girl Adanna was perhaps always the more impressive of the two.

Adanna looked affronted by Ayira's remarking, brushing off Amara so easily .. but she didn't get a chance to speak. Ayira's eyes finally went to the side, where Tapana was inching closer. Adanna turned and was shocked to see they were discovered by the Regent.

Not that this had been a well-concealed choice of locations for a surprise family meeting.

Kimaria

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:06 pm
Frustratingly, Tapana heard little more than a scrap of words passed between goddess and seer. Their expressions, however, were far from joyful. There was familiarity there. Tension. This was no joyful reunion. And then Adanna was looking across at her and their eyes met and the regent felt some small shame that she had been caught intruding. Still, could she really have walked away from this? Was her being noticed perhaps a sign that she was meant to be here at this very moment. Was her faith finally being rewarded after all this time? Her parents' faith?

And here she was. Moments away from first contact. Were they the first to set eye on the goddess since her disappearance all those years ago? Had the creator truly returned to the people who had turned their backs on her?

She stepped forwards slowly, moving as if she feared the ground might shatter beneath her paws and send her tumbling off into a dream. And then, when she was within quiet speaking distance she gathered herself a moment and said:

"Is it truly you? Finar-Si? Returned to us after all this time?"

Ecavi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:15 am
Ayira and Adanna both waited silent as Tapana approached them. The goddess was smiling but Adanna's expression transitioned slowly from shock to blank. They both knew what Tapana was thinking before she said it, and Adanna silently looked to her mother to see what her answer would be. If her physical disguise was simply a slightly smaller, wingless version of herself.. could she be anything but Ayira?

"I'm afraid not, Regent Tapana," Ayira answered, "Though we are connected. You could say Finar-si is like a mother to me, I'm sure she once was."

"What does that mean?" Adanna asked, not hesitating to demand answers while she expected Tapana to be more cautiously reverent. She had no fear of her mother, and her respect for the lioness was low after she disappeared before the Nergui conquered the Hongshan. Tapana was likely to be wise and respectful while Adanna was reckless.

"Finar-si governs Change. I govern Evolution, gradual changes in the name of survival," Ayira explained, looking to Adanna as she did and then back to Tapana with a smile, "You may call me Ayira."

Kimaria

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:37 pm
Tapana absorbed the information slowly as if trying to deconstruct the words. As if to find a hidden meaning within. "Evolution. Change." She paused a moment, nodding. The terms were familiar and linked, for sure. And yet, part of the regent wanted to be disappointed that this was not her revered goddess before her. A big part. And yet...did this not make more sense? That a younger generation of their creator would come amongst them now to support the younger generations? To give them back the faith they had sorely been missing? Tapana wanted that so badly that she would have signed them up to serving the goddess straight away...if it had not been for Adanna's manner.

The seer's behaviour made no sense to the regent.

No sense at all.

"Ayira, then," Tapana smiled, lifting her head as the caution began to slide away. "Let me welcome you here to the Motoujamii. Welcome you amongst your kin." For it did not seem that Adanna would welcome their goddess.

"What...brings you here at this time...? If...you do not mind me asking."

Ecavi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:21 am
"What indeed," Adanna muttered, looking to her mother to see how she would answer. She could sense the hesitation in Tapana, and she understood how one who longed for something to believe in, for proof of what they did believe in.. it had to be hard to see a lioness who only saw her mother standing before her. A mother that had abandoned them before war broke out and their family was torn apart.

Ayira smiled pleasantly, well aware of what Adanna had on her mind and finding that, luckily, she could answer her unspoken questions with Tapana's.

"I followed the Hongshan," she said, focusing on Tapana first, "In truth, I arrived not long after the first set of refugees. I don't often interfere with mortals but the Hongshan were interesting."

For the first time in a long time, she had found a lion worth connecting with. She missed Askari more than she would say, but she was a practical goddess who knew she would outlive him by far. For the rest of her explanation, she looked to Adanna.

"When the Nergui arrived on the mountain, it would have been foolish for me to stay," Ayira said, a hint of regret in her voice, "The Hongshan had no use for a goddess, I wouldn't rally the warriors half as well as Jianjun. I can fight but not enough to win such a war myself. Even with magic, without a strategy prepared, I would have been overcome like any lion."

Adanna wanted to be skeptical but.. it made sense and her mother seemed as sincere as she had ever heard her. The tension in the guard's body began to relax, but she still didn't look especially happy. The Nergui would never have taken Ayira as a slave, somehow they'd have known what her family failed to realize. Maybe her only options really had been to fight and die, or run and live.

"I don't often interfere with mortals," Ayira repeated, looking again to Tapana, "Especially in matters of life and death."

Kimaria

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:01 pm
Tapana blinked, fixated. The goddess said she did not interfere and yet, here she was before them now. Why show herself now if she had been in the pride for so long already? Her mind worked over a number of theories - though she could barely focus on them at that moment. There was goddess standing before her. A marvel. An opportunity - though for what she could not yet grasp.

"And if there had been a strategy and your abilities better employed, would you have remained then?"

She chewed on her lip a moment, cast alook between the goddess and seer and then asked: "why have you appeared to us now in your true form? What purpose would it hold if not to provide some aid?"

Ecavi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:45 am
Ayira looked silently at Tapana when she asked her questions. She had said enough about the Hongshan that the answer to the first should have been clear.. but it was truly her final statement that said the most. For the Hongshan, the conflict with the Nergui was life or death.

Adanna returned Tapana's look and then stared expectantly at her mother. She guessed the answer before the long silence confirmed it, but the second question remained. Was she only here to see her surviving children? She could see them fine from hiding, obviously.

Suddenly, the goddess looked off into the distance. They would not be alone much longer, this was a rather central spot in a large pride. She looked back to Tapana with a smile.

"If you want to chat again," she said, her wings spreading and wrapping around her, "You can find me with the Bird Clan."

Her body seemed to twist beneath the wings and when they unfurled again, she was in the form of a large hawk. A few flaps of her wings and she had shrunk down to a more believable size. Without another word, she took off, purposefully brushing her wings over Adanna's face as she went.

User Image

Adanna frowned, snuffling back the urge to sneeze at the tickle from her departing mother, and then looked at Tapana. The regent was clearly uncertain, but Adanna herself had never been more self-assured. It was a strange feeling after such a strange reunion with her estranged mother.

"She's exactly as I remember," she said, "I wondered about that, if we had ever known the real her."

Kimaria

(( Translation: If you get lost figuring this out, I can help.

OOC note: Sososo tempting to have Adeyemi walk by, say "Hi Adanna, hi Tapana, hi mom" and then keep walking. ))  

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:40 pm
Tapana fell silent as she watched the goddess transform once again. In that moment, watching the shape of the large diety shift into the form of a bird, she did not think she would ever get used to seeing such a thing. It was awe-inspiring and bewlidering and her head struggled to believe what her eyes were seeing.

Then, when the goddess was gone and Adanna spoke up, the regent turned towards the seer with a solemn expression.

"Perhaps you will get a chance to know her better," she replied, "if she wishes to aid us, this could be the beginning of something great and powerful." A goddess on their side. Just think of the possibilities! Even if she was not a talented fighter, she could mask herself with ease. A spy. A seeker. She could travel far and wide in a matter of hours on those wings and move unseen between unsuspecting foes or allies.

"I'll take her invitation to find her as a good sign, though perhaps this is better kept from the rest of the council for now." She was unsure how they would react. Unsure if they'd even believe her. "Until we know more of her motives, at least."

Ecavi
haha that would be so hilarious. Adeyemi: knowing all the things XD

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:53 pm
Adanna nodded at Tapana's evaluation of how their discussion had ended, and the decision to try to figure out the motives she had before making any real plans with the council. She wasn't a political lioness, it wouldn't be up to her to decide how to use this opportunity. As for weighing in on what Ayira's motivation might be, she wanted to speak to Adeyemi first. She didn't think of her brother as particularly intelligent, but he knew their mother as well as she did. It was likely that they would have two similar but different perspectives.

"She definitely didn't say no," she added, "I could hazard a guess, but I'd like to talk to Adeyemi about this first. What I will say is that she clearly doesn't think our fight with the Nergui is life or death."

If Ayira didn't get involved in matters of survival, then she didn't think they were in serious danger. On the other paw, that meant it wasn't life or death for the Nergui, either. Maybe that shouldn't have been surprising, knowing what she had seen and how they had survived against the Firekin so far.. but it was a bit surprising.

More to think about, then, after the strange reunion with her mother.

Kimaria

((More like Adeyemi: Doesn't Care rofl

I think that's a good place to stop! o: yay! ))  

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

[IC] Motoujamii Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas