Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Motoujamii Lands
[SRP] Future Proofing (Asyria, Paschar, Uriah)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:13 am
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:42 am
"You're up to something," Paschar was leaning against the den entrance with a raised eyebrow. The red lioness had been missing from their usual gossip sessions after their working day and both Asyria and Paschar had wondered what she had been up to. Given Asyria was still finishing up her duties for the day it was the resident interrogator who arrived first, finally locating the Waterseeker in the home she usually shared with Haru. Alas, for the time being the den was empty - he'd been one of the lions who had taken part in the expedition into the 'unknown' as it were and Uriah had made the active decision to remain behind. The red lioness had never given reason for staying behind, but it likely differed from that of her new found friends.

...After all, Uriah and Haru had been established members of this pride for quite some time. The red lioness didn't have much more to learn, nor did her mate; it was only Asyria and Paschar who were continuing to find their paws and understand the more nuanced aspects of society. Asyria was making remarkable progress with that as well, the black lioness had come along in leaps and bounds, often making observations regarding certain sects of society that Uriah had never even noticed before. As for Paschar, well, her learning curve was a touch different. Evidently the different professions exposed them to different information and the politics Asyria was so aware of wasn't quite so pronounced where Paschar wandered.

Still, it all made for some very interesting discussions when they eventually found time to come together again.

"Am I...?" Uriah had finally acknowledged her as she came back into the main area of the den. She seemed flustered, though Paschar couldn't exactly place why. "I've just been very busy, why, have I missed anything important?" she asked. The younger lioness took this as an invitation to come inside and did so.

"Not really, but you have been avoiding us," Paschar pointed out.

"Mmmm, almost like you had other plans," Asyria had obviously finished her own work and had finally been released from her duties. Thus she soon stepped through the threshold as well and regarded the den with interest - she'd never been in here before, all in all it looked quite homely. That being said, it was a little big for just one lion and that may have been the cause of Uriah's peculiar behaviour. Asyria surmised that there was a distinct possibility the lioness might be missing her significant other, something that Asyria wouldn't blame her for, even if she didn't entirely understand a bond that was quite so deep.

"I haven't had any other plans," Uriah chuckled and took a seat. She wasn't going to be able to escape the two lionesses that had comfortably adopted her as a friend. Or perhaps it would be more accurate to say that Paschar had adopted them both and as a consequence the friendship had been born. Without the bubbly teacher, none of them would probably have associated with one another, it seemed Paschar simply wanted to know everyone and learn everything. "It's just a little quiet around here without Haru, that's all," she explained and released a sigh. "Wanted to keep myself a little busier than usual and my working days are slightly different to your own," she pointed out.

"True, but you could have just dropped in to say hello," Paschar wrinkled her nose and tutted. "I can at least have visitors, I don't really know about -"

"I can have visitors," Asyria said with a wry smile. "I don't do anything secretive, there's no reason why someone can't drop in," she pointed out smoothly. "Nor is the work terribly complex, nothing of significance has happened as of late that needs it to be difficult," she added. No doubt that when the expedition returned this would be subject to change, but for now her role involved the day to day running of certain aspects of the pride. She could afford to take stock of the day and converse with others, in much the same way that Paschar could... After all, the young lioness had yet to receive any pupils.

"Eventually you'll not be so easily accessed, Paschar," Uriah raised both brows. "You'll have classes to take and records to maintain."

"All of which I'll do," Paschar gave a dismissive wave of her paw. Tisk, did they think she couldn't multitask? She'd already given this thought and she'd already worked out how to use her profession to her advantage. "I can simply have guest speakers in to explain their roles, what they like about it, and why they think it should be considered," Paschar raised both eyebrows. "It seems that the natural discipline for the majority of Firekin is to pursue military roles, I'd like to show the younger cubs there are other roles that may fit their skills better."

"You might get some push back on that," Asyria warned.

"Well, I might get pushback on a lot of things," Paschar conceded. "But times are changing and the cubs will need to realise that there's nothing wrong with favouring other professions. There's value in everything, if there wasn't, we wouldn't even have them... They should realise that," she gave a wave of her paw. "It means the clumsier won't feel so out of place -"

"The smaller won't feel so weak," Uriah agreed with a gentle smile.

"Exactly. I'm not saying they all need to preach peace and love, but knowledge can be powerful too and I'll be damned if the cubs think otherwise," Paschar gave a haughty sniff, to which Asyria and Uriah exchanged glances.

"So what are you going to do if someone disagrees with you, talk them down?" Asyria asked curiously.

"Hell naw," Paschar grunted, Uriah gave a small laugh at the expression. "I'm going to smack them, then make them sit their fluffy butt down, and then I will educate them."

"...I think you've definitely got the Firekin vibe down," Uriah conceded and shook her head in amusement.

"I'd agree to that observation," Asyria mused.

"Damn straight I do," Paschar sniffed and then smirked. "They'll not know what hit 'em!"

Words: 1040

Epine de Rose

[IC] Motoujamii Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces