Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hivestuck

Back to Guilds

Homestuck inspired troll related b/c 

Tags: homestuck, troll, breedables, mspa, alternia 

Reply Historical & Archived Events
=>[EVENT] RP Contest - (Holiday Blueblood)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hivestuck
Captain

Alien Datemate

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:05 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
EVENT
Rp Contest

Premade blueblood.
Gender can be chosen by the winner. Growth is templated.
For more information on the festival associated with these trolls go here!

The chilly Alternian winter warms for a few nights, as do the hearts of trolls. A breeze hinting of spring whispers through the air, and the night of feelings, Quadrant's Day, begins. And you, a troll who was hatched sweeps ago on this very same night, set out into the world to make some friends.

It makes sense that you've never been drawn to the concepts of kismesissitude or matespritship - after all, you're still just barely past wigglerhood. Everyone always assures you that as soon as you get older, you'll start to get into the spirit of miracle romance. As it is, you don't really care about the two most glamorized quadrants. For you, friendship, moirallegiance, is what you really crave. A good strong bond, two pals against a world gone mad. Or maybe just having a fun time. Bros. Buddies. Besties. For you that is the ideal quadrant, whatever others say.

How do you feel about people's reaction to your disinterest in the concupiscent quadrants? Do you hope to unlock the mystery of their appeal as you get older, or are you stubbornly certain that you're forever a friends-only troll? Speaking of, who is your ideal best friend forever? Do you think about them? Fantasize? Or do you go out into the world and actively search? If so, how successful are you on a night-to-night basis? And of course, what are you doing tonight on your Wiggling Day?

Entries must be 250 words minimum, from the viewpoint of the troll you are writing for, in third person past tense. Please don't edit your posts after submitting!  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:06 am
Entries will close on February 17, 12pm EST.
Entries are judged on creativity, potential, ingenuity, and relationship to the prompt, not word count.
Please submit entries in this thread!

These rules apply to every part of this event unless explicitly stated otherwise.
1] Only one troll and one art edit may be won per person per event.
2] Users cannot compete in events for others, or give away their prize.
3] Staff reserves the right to withhold event EP, it is a reward and a bonus, not an obligation.
4] Premade events will always favour newbies (0-1 trolls owned).
5] Premades will be rehomed if users take over the time allotted to get them approved.
6] Users cannot claim a won custom/premade if they already have three child-stage trolls.
7] Users are never able to gift in-character prizes between their own trolls.

We will favour users who are visibly active in the shop community over those who are not.  

amicableAggressor
Vice Captain

Versatile Vermin

smolderingskies

Adorable Autobiographer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:02 pm
        Putting together his last few treat bags, stuffed to the brim with sweets, was exactly where this blueblood felt at home. Amicus loved his wriggling day most of all - and not for the things he received, but rather for the things he wanted to give away. These particular gifts were bundled up in scattered fabric, plundered from dumpsters and washed gently by hand, adorned with hand-painted designs of quadrant symbols. This was the first sweep he’d come up with the idea to do such a thing, and he was acutely excited. He’d begin distributing the goodie bags the moment the sun went down, without a name tag or any other calling card. But he was nobody’s secret admirer - or secret despiser. Honestly, Amicus just thought it might be nice to think you were wanted by someone in some sort of way.

Amicus knew that exchanges of gifts were common for Quadrants Day, although he had yet to receive a gift of his own. Sometimes the lack of receipt could be a troubling notion, but most of the time he felt relieved. After all, he certainly hadn’t yet met anyone he’d particularly want in one of his quadrants, and the added pressure from a wrapped-and-tagged gift would be uncomfortable. But he often daydreamed about allowing someone into his life - a moirail, perhaps. Moirallegiance was unequivocally his favorite of the quadrants, to the surprise of nobody who was acquainted with the peppy little troll. He often thought the ideal moirail would be someone brave and powerful, able to protect him from any of his neighbors who might think he was too kind to be a worthy representative of the troll race. Someone who could lift him up on their shoulders, and maybe carry him around for a bit. And, of course, Amicus would feed that moirail all the sweets they could ever want in diamond-adorned bags, and they’d play video games together, and just have a nice, peaceful life. Maybe a moirail like that could help him be less nervous about poking his head out of his hive while other trolls were awake and about.

But what about the other three quadrants? After all, it was Quadrants Day. Quadrants plural. For multiple quadrants. But Amicus found that he did not really have the desire to daydream in the same way about a kismesis or a matesprit. He didn’t find them icky or anything, just… not in his emotional picture at the moment. He often found himself, when discussing the topic with his online forum comrades, saying sure, he’d give it a shot if the right troll ever came along and they both felt that way. But he never wanted to push it - he was okay with only ever wanting feelings of the conciliatory type. Nobody had ever roused those more guttural feelings of red or black in him, and he doubted one ever might. Others had said that he’d grow into the other quadrants sooner or later - it was something he wasn’t old enough to understand yet, or they had felt that way when they were younger. But for now, just dreaming of a moirail was plenty for Amicus. Maybe one day, when he felt good and ready, he’d go out and find the right one for him, bring them home and keep them there forever. But he truly hated to leave his hive, and the idea of adventuring sort of gave him hives. Amicus wasn’t in any kind of rush to move along his process of filling those quadrants, he thought as he put the finishing touches on his last gift bag. No, not any rush.

Checking the bows holding the bags shut once more, Amicus considered the ease his life might have if he had a moirail around. The gift bags certainly wouldn't have taken him all day to finish, and he wouldn't have those awful soft spots under his eyes right now. But best of all, he'd have someone with which to distribute the bags - for of course, it's not like he would stop giving bits of his own kindness and affection to others just because he had someone to fill his favorite quadrant! He loved the idea of walking through the streets with said moirail, hand in hand, passing out the bags together. Oh! What an image.

Amicus hummed a bit of a tune he thought he heard once to himself as he wrapped himself in the scarves he’d hastily stitched together from scraps, gathering up his goodie bags and double checking the time. His lusus, shaped like a canid with long corded hair, stretched and panted heavily by the door as if encouraging him to get a move on if he wanted to avoid any people at all. "I know, I know, I'm moving," he said with a gentle giggle, laying a hand on the lusus' head for balance as he pulled on his warmest boots. Yes, the sun should be down by now - and his neighbors just waking up, but not quite ready to leave their own hives and go about their daily forays. It was perfect. Amicus bustled through the streets, leaving his presents beside every entry port to a hive he could find, until he was no longer carrying a multitude of bags. And when he returned to his own abode, Amicus couldn’t help but feel that perhaps he’d brightened someone’s day, which made him happy in his own right.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:10 am
Cadeas Arcach

càirdeas: Gaelic for friendship
iomarcach: Gaelic for excessive

Cadeas sat at his desk, grinning at the big calendar that covered the entire surface. A sweep was a long time, and the callander was not only large, but thick as well. He flipped through the months of this upcoming sweep, looking for something. He picked out a teal marker from the pile and twirled it around in his fingers, his eyes searching the calendar for the day he had in mind. There it was, the 39th of the 16th month of the sweep. Cadeas drew a big star on that day and grinned, kicking his feet under his desk. He flipped a few more pages of the calendar and giggled as he came upon another important day, this time filling the box with a big teal diamond. It continued on, the boy finding a day, and then marking said day with one symbol or another, grinning and swinging his feet each time he found said day. Once Cadeas gave the last moth of the sweep a look over, marking one of the days with the bright teal marker again, did he flip the large calendar back to the first month once again. The blueblood went over the sweep 3 more times, one month at a time, marking days and wiggling excitedly. Once using a red marker, once with a green marker, and lastly with a yellow marker. Once finally finished, the boy brought out a single sheet of paper, and drew a guide for himself. Days with stars were "First meeting celebration days", days with circles were "Visited their hive for the first time holidays", and triangles were "First time we had lunch together event" days. The guide had many other symbols, some unique to only one color, some that had foot-note reminders with some important detail written in, and some that indicated that an event or holiday lasted more than one day. All in all it was quite an elaborate system. Cadeas flipped to the month that tonight currently resided in and put the calender back on the wall, his guide taped up next to it. The blueblood put his finger on today's box. Two boxes over a big teal exclamation mark dominated the space. Cadeas put his hands on his hips, grinning at the calendar. "Two more days, mum, two more days until it's the holiday of "the first time Xxxxxx smiled at me"! Oh I need to get them just the best gift." Mum gave the troll a sleepy look and wrapped her trunk around the boy, pulling him closers to herself. The Lusus grunted and Cadeas giggled, hugging her long snout. "And in five days its "First time mum made me flapjacks" holiday. You didn't forget, did you?!" The Lusus paused for a second, and a drop of sweat beaded on her brow, she had indeed forgotten. None the less, she nodded her trunk, trying to reassure the boy. The blueblood bought it. "Good!?"Cadeas said with a grin, "Cuz I have got so much fun stuff planned for that day, your gonna love it! But I gotta get my gift for Xxxxxx's day ready!" With that the blueblood turned to the closet where he kept countless types and varieties of craft supplies. As soon as the closet door opened an avalanche of things came pouring out, burying the blueblood. "Woah!!" Cried the troll as he was lost in the pile. Mum's long snout searched through the mess, finding her troll and pulling the boy out. She grunted at Cadeas, and he laughed. "Okay okay! I'll actually clean up this time." Mum rolled her eyes as the troll scurried to work, but smiled when he wasn't looking. She knew Cadeas would be here working for hours, might as well get some snacks ready.

Micillia

Dapper Duck

quiet delegation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:41 am
Kaldru Dajale

kaldru - from estonian kaldruut (diamond)
dajale - from albanian djalë (son)

lusus - a huge, snake-termite hybrid 'queen'; she is attended by a huge number of mindless workers who are connected to her telepathically and work as extensions of herself, particularly in dealing with Kaldru, as she cannot move easily herself

Quadrants Day.

A grumbling sounded out from a certain blueblood's respite block, followed by the slamming of a door and a half-whiny sigh. It really should have been a fun day, but Kaldru couldn't help himself from being morose on at least one day of the year. He was always so cheerful, always doing his best to make friends and have fun, but on this day, when the whole world seemed wrapped up in their - ugh, such vivid quadrants! Didn't they see how ridiculous the whole thing was?

The young troll paused as he stomped around his room, glancing down at the floor; a bright red, irritatingly cute plush lay discarded there, and with a sulky scowl the boy gave it a swift kick. It slammed into the wall with a hearty thump, though it simply landed with a light whump, crookedly turned to offer its smiling face at him. This only made Kaldru more distressed, and soon he was on the floor as well, having thrown himself down on it to stare up at the ceiling. It was strange, honestly, how much it bothered him; all year, he could handle the condescending reassurances that he'd "get it" when he was older, but on this day it bore down on him tenfold, or so it seemed.

The whole idea was a sickness. He knew as much because his lusus told him so, and his lusus was never wrong about anything! It made perfect sense, anyway; with all the focus on those self-absorbed concupiscent quadrants, how many trolls spent precious time chasing relationships and romance when they could be dedicating themselves to something else instead? Hate and pity took attention away from more important experiences! How far into the stars could they be, how much more advanced could they be, how much better could trolldom as a whole be if everyone took all the time and effort spent on romance and dedicated it to working towards the good of all of them?

Kaldru didn't really understand all of it, of course, but it had been drilled into his head enough for him to know it was absolutely true.

He rolled over then, settling onto his belly and folding his arms under his chin as he stared at the soft, black carpeting covering the floor. He shifted one hand, picking at it absently, and he wondered how everyone was so obsessed with being flushed or caliginous when being pale or even ashen was so much more useful. While he had respect for the idea of auspisticism, being as it kept trolls out of hate, moirallegiance was, to him, the clear ideal state of relationship. That bond! To have another troll to truly understand, to work with their pale partner, to look out for them, keep them in line, help them out...

The blueblood sighed, almost wistfully. To him, that was truly the best quadrant. There was nothing negative about it, at all! There was no distraction, no selfish motivation, only support when needed and a mutual understanding. The only thing that could possibly do would be to help individuals be better, if not encourage them to push their moirail to be better as well. He wanted so badly to experience that connection, but... Dark eyes lifted and settled on another toy across the room, this one inky black in tone, and his mouth drew into another deep scowl. Several had shown up on his hive's door that morning, and it was not helping the situation any; the young troll whined under his breath and buried his face in his arms, enveloping his sight and hiding his gaze from any more of those awful toys.

He couldn't stand Quadrants Day!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:04 pm
Diazze Ishipp

Diazze: Diamond + Dazzle
Ishipp: Taken from the phrase "I Ship It."

Note: Diazze uses they/them pronouns

Lusus: A chubby crystal encrusted rat, simply called "Mom"

Diazze would have liked their Wiggling Day a whole lot more if it didn't coincide with Quadrants Day. They always ended up alone, no matter how much planning they put in advance with their friends or what reservations they made where or when. There was always something that made their friends cancel or otherwise ditch them, and it always had something to do with wanting to go somewhere else with another troll who was slightly more special than they were.

It always left them with a sour taste in their mouth.

"Again with the stupid excuses!" They shouted as they stomped down the sidewalk, their lusus draped over their shoulder. "You would think because I'm their best friend that they would consider me, just this once, on my Wiggling Day, but no! They'd rather go to some cruddy movie and hold hands or something! It's so unbelievably gross!"

They paused abruptly, huffing and grumbling under their breath, and listened to the squeaks being peppered at them by their lusus.

"No, mom, I don't think I would feel better if I had a crush on someone, that's not what I'm complaining about." They quipped, kicking a rock and watching it skip away. "And it's not what I want, either. Not now and not ever. All I want are some decent friends who won't skip out on plans, espescially on a day so important to me! It's like all they care about is themselves!"

Despite further chatter from their mother, Diazze continued trudging along their way home, their hands shoved into their pockets. They'd heard all of this before, and no amount of squeaking was ever going to convince them that romance was anything more than disgusting nonsense. The very idea of one day falling in love, either way, made their stomach turn. Everything about it felt so wrong. Holding hands, snuggling up by a fire, kissing... Why would anyone in their right mind want to do that? And furthermore, why would you fall in love with someone you hate? That made no sense what so ever, no matter which way you looked at it! All of it was completely lost on them.

"Listen to me, the day I fall in love is the day that flying hog-beasts over throw the Queen and this planet explodes." They grumbled, giving Mom a flick on her nose. "There is no way you can convince me that it'll happen. I'd rather have a million friends than waste my time with romance. You've got to give up on it, mom."

There was a considerable silence that followed, one that lasted most of the walk home, until Diazze found themselves stopping again. ... Why were they so keen on heading home after being ditched? There wasn't anything fun to do there, and they hadn't stocked up on snacks in a while. What kind of Wiggling Day celebration did they expect to have cooped up in a place without friends and good food? They put on a grin and turned themselves around.

"You know what? I'm taking myself out tonight!" They exclaimed, throwing a fist in the air. "If my so-called-friends want to be all mushy and lovey-dovey together, that's fine, but I won't let their dumb romance get me down! It's my day to shine and I deserve a massive cheeseburger and an ice cream sundae! Let's go!"

They rounded the corner swiftly, hoping to get to their favorite restaurant before it got too busy, and only paused once to laugh at mom's high-pitched squeaking.

"Of course I'll share some with you! Moms count as friends, too!"

Bouquet of Diamonds

Fantastic Kitten

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:25 pm
Filian Lamhan
Filian- from "philia", Greek term for friendly love
Lamhan- the Gaelic word for "hands"

Filian readjusted the spotlight, pointing it where a performer was supposed to appear to start the show. High above in the rafters, no one would look up towards the hidden catwalk or the blueblood tinkering with the light fixtures. Helper came up behind them, crawling on fingers nearly the size of Filian themself. Filian had to swooce around their lusus, ignoring the huge eye staring at them from the base above the five digits (if one counted the thumb) the creature stood on. The blueblood then rushed around to different lights that had just turned on and off, switched out the color filters, and paused.

The first hard strum of electric guitar shook their bones. Filian couldn't help but shiver. The crowd roared below, nearly enough to drown out the performer's opening dialogue. A standard question, one that came up at probably every performance at the venue: how are you doing tonight?

The crowd screamed in response. Filian just said, "Fine, how're you, buddy?" as they tilted another light. No one would hear them, even if they spoke up at a decent volume. Hard rock concerts were often too loud for that. Not as loud as metal shows, which usually left Filian's spongeclots ringing for hours. Fortunately everyone got shaken up at those concerts, so working the merchandise booth post-show never got weird even when Filian would greet customers at a rather high volume.

The blueblood took a step back from the fixture. Exhaled. Their work was done for the next few minutes. They leaned on the side rail, intent on watching the show while they could. Sure, they could have taken the night off and joined the mosh below. It was very tempting! Especially on an important night like this one! But hovering up above was the best way to check out the audience, they thought. Spy on the trolls from afar. Hope. Dream.

Helper skittered over. Their large eye stayed primarily trained on their charge. The gaze only broke to flick down where Filian was looking, then right back up. They brushed the blueblood with the side of one of the fingers they stood on. Fili.

"Mm?"

So far the music was in a soft interlude. Otherwise Filian wouldn't be able to hear the soft grumblings from Helper's maw, a lamprey-like maw on the palm hidden on their underbelly. This is a very....strange....game you like to play, Helper commented.

"I guess." Filian replied with a soft shrug. They didn't look away from the swaying mass so far down below. "I like it, though. Hey, do you see that greenblood? They have some good dance moves. And I like their style." The young blueblood had clearly been keeping track of at least the people near the front and the way they dressed and acted before the lights went down. Then after. "I wonder..."

Helper blinked. Are there no other ways to do this? Perhaps among the friends you already have? You could have only one friend over for once....

"But that's weird. What if we don't have everything in common? I don't wanna waste my time on that. Not, you know, without a group." An exit strategy.

There's nothing wrong with being alone with people.

They fidgeted in discomfort. "I don't like it."

It was hard for them to explain how awkward it was. Filian liked people. They loved talking to others, just being around them even. Crowds were the best, especially in shows like this where everyone would be in a good spirit. Like now! That or gladiaterror matches. High energy. But being with just one other troll...that was a lot of pressure. Especially with the idea of romance attached to it, something to hound their relations as the blueblood got taller and older. For some reason they had to find a special troll, for feelings they didn't really get? Black feelings. Red feelings. Filian knew other trolls were super into it, even from a young age. Especially tonight. It was Quadrants day, after all.

Easy to tell with all the teen and adult couples in the crowd. They weren't tough to spot; there was almost a force field around each pair in quadrants, with the space that kept them apart from everyone else but close to each other. Also, kissing. When Filian pushed some lights over the masses here and thee, the blueblood could see lips meet during the flashes.

Love was a weird thing.

At the same time, though, as weird as the notion of quadrants were... Filian would like a friend who understood them. And that's why Helper watched, confused about Filian's conflicting attitude. Maybe their lusus expected them to be able to tell them how they felt, but it was tough. Filian just wanted to have fun, not struggle to explain themself.

But if they had to explain...well...the thing was, Helper didn't seem to get them, not fully. If they did, the cumbersome creature wouldn't ask these questions. They would just...get it. Or it would just be easier to talk about things? Filian had no idea. But something was definitely missing. Same with everyone else they knew, really. As fun as it could be, there were still these holes they could never fill. Interests that didn't mesh 100%.

But there was someone out there that was supposed to be perfect for them, right? And as a bestie, the bestie, that would be cool. Nothing would ever get awkward. They wouldn't argue about anything! It would be all fun all the time.

Filian couldn't get wanting someone in red or black quadrants, but pale? Yeah, they kind of could. But it was hard when everyone could be your friend. As a blueblood, who wouldn't want to be? Filian knew they were cool. Everything they did was cool, that's just how it was. But someone on that level....would be super hard to find. So it was best to look places where Filian themself would love to be. Night after night, whether while working or moshing too. Maybe they'd spy them from up above, or bump into them during a show. But maybe, maybe tonight they'd get a good shot at it.

Filian could feel their pumpbiscuit as they let the stage lights dim so the venue could brighten up for intermission. They watched as the mass of gray bodies shifted, dispersed. People coming back with drinks. Trolls chatting with one another. During this time, they could take a break and maybe mingle a little themself.

Down below, someone spilled their drink on another troll. After an awkward apology, the two started to talk a little.

Fillian didn't notice as Helper continued to stare them down. There was a spark in their charge's eye, but the hand-like lusus just couldn't find the words that would let them in on it. With nothing else to say, they uttered, Happy Wiggling Day, Fili.

It wasn't much, but it did pull Filian away from Filian's daze. They smiled toothily as the showblock's interior started to dim. "Thanks, Helper."

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:01 pm
Tantoe Vierin

Tantoe felt his stomach tighten as he rolled the neatly wrapped gift in his hands, fingers gently nudging at the wrapping paper. Quadrant Day had always been a day of excitement and disappointment for him. Excitement for the thought of, finally, handing over the gift he had been holding on to tightly for that special someone, and disappointment when he realized he didn't have that someone yet. He was alone, minus his lusus, who would be glad to have Tantoe for the evening. It wasn't as if Tantoe was particularly shy, he just had a hard time connecting. Something always felt off. Perhaps his unending energy unnerved others, or maybe it was something wrong on his part, but he was alone and lacked a strong bond with anyone other than his parental lusus.

All he wanted was a moirail. That was all he cared about, despite the concerned scrunches of faces and exclaimed gasps. Nothing else mattered. He didn't want love, or hate, or anything in-between that wasn't a best friend. He wanted someone to drag into his games with, pulling them along on his harmless pranks and sharing treats he stole from adults. He wanted a hand to hold when he was sad, and someone to gossip with. None of the pressure that followed with the other quadrants (or, rather, pressure he perceived followed). He just wanted to meet his other half, and Tantoe tried. It wasn't lack of effort that led him to this day. He met plenty his own age, introduced himself to any and all trolls who would entertain the idea of meeting him. Nothing. Nothing ever sparked.

And, honestly, he wasn't sure what would cause that beautiful spark. Whenever Mow, his lusus, gave him that look he'd respond carefully, saying it just wasn't time. He daydreamed, of course, of meeting his future moirail. Someone that would listen endlessly to his hobbies and include him in theirs. He didn't have a set personality in mind, he felt that was unfair and limiting to whoever his moirail could be, but he knew he wanted someone comforting. Someone kind, or at least kind to him! As long as he was special! Someone who would stick up for him.

Someone who would just include him in their life.

Yet, the gift in his hand went untouched. He had prepared a present, hoping he'd meet his moirail and give it to them. What if.... what if he would never have one? Was that possible? He held the gift, hands tightening around it. No. That couldn't be! That wouldn't happen to him. It just.... couldn't! Tantoe's hands balled around the small gift, pulling it to his chest. That.... couldn't happen. Mow wouldn't let it, right?

Movement behind him caused his spine to twitch as a massive cat about the size of two stories settled around him, oozing into the ground around them. The slime creature set their head beside him, their transparent green skin pulsing as they purred. Gently, Tantoe reached back to touch Mow.

"I'll find them soon, right?" Tantoe questioned softly. Mow let out a soft, whirling chirp in agreement. Tantoe smiled faintly, uncurling his hand from the wrapped present.

"Thanks." He murmured softly, nodding. Alright, this wasn't going to get them anywhere! Pushing himself off his knees, he looked around at the open world around him. If he was going to sulk outside then he'd never find his moirail!

"I'll be back!" He called to his lusus, waving briefly before dashing off towards.... well, anywhere! He'd find them! Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but someday.

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

blackbird cake

Adorable Gekko

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:53 am
Recently, Phelix had made a new friend. Like all of his new friends, they were definitely, undoubtedly, without question the one. Ever since he emerged from the caves, he knew his number one mission was to find that special someone- that special platonic soulmate. Although, to Phelix, anyone who showed him attention immediately gave him sparkly, diamond eyes. Truthfully, in every troll he found some kind of electric connection. Every one of them had their own special qualities in their own unique way, and he wanted to celebrate that.

On this night, it so happened to be his wriggling day. His lusus ran an errand to pick up a cake up in town, leaving the blueblood to his plans of visiting his perfect new friend. They played lots of pranks on him, had kind of a scary voice when they yelled, and sometimes he ended up with a pretty healthy amount of scraps and bruises after their outings. But hey, he enjoyed their company and the interesting purpleblood let him perform his tricks! Sometimes they even clapped!

It wasn't a long walk to their meeting place in Four Fronds, and he was quick to engage in silly conversation. He produced a deck of cards, ready for a trick to reveal his feelings.

"Look-look-look- I've learned a new magic trick!" The blueblood shuffled his deck of face cards, grinning with excitement. The purpleblood groaned. "Not this again-"

"Haha! No, seriously! Pick a card! Remember it! And then put it back!" Reluctantly, the purpleblood did pick a card, then put it back in the deck. Phelix shuffled them once more. He gave them a slight eyebrow wiggle.

"Now! Behold! Is this your card?" Phelix flicked up the ace of diamonds.

"No."

"Hah! ... Huh? Really?" He stared at the card, then looked up at with a hopeful smile. "Are you sure? Because I really think it should be."

"No. Its not." Well, that's not how the trick was supposed to go. Phelix frowned dramatically, calculating all he did wrong with the trick until the purpleblood smacked the cards out of his hand. Fortunately, he managed to keep hold of the most important one. "I'm tired of these games! Don't you know what night it is?"

"Hahaha... uhhh... I mean, I guess its my wriggling day-" Phelix put a hand against his neck and forced a laugh.

"Its quadrants day!"

"Th-That, too, I guess!"

"And I have something to say to you."

"Haha, whoa, what! Man, me too!" Both trolls huffed in preparation.

“I hate you.” “I like you!”

An awkward silence. The two young trolls blinked at one another.

“What.”

“What.”

“Eheh! Uhhhhhh… no seriously, what?”

“I hate you! From the moment I saw you- with that hideous hairstyle-your dumb magic tricks- even the way you’re always laughing! It’s the worst thing!”

“Haha! You think my hairstyle is hideous?-oof!” Phelix’s abdomen tightened in response to a jab to their gut.

“You’re not getting it! You never take things seriously! I’m being serious!” The purpleblood’s face turned sour with a puckered face and purple flush. Presented to him, was a box shaped in what looked like... a spades?

Phelix blanched. His face slowly transformed into pure mortification; an agape frown, widened eyes, and brows raised to the stars. Paralyzed, he stood there dumbfounded by the turn of events. In his gut churned disappointment and all of his being immediately screamed to run. His lip twitched up into a crooked smile. He swiftly stuffed his card back into his pack. “Hah-hahaha- is that my lusus calling? Gotta go!” Turning on their heels, the blueblood booked it as fast as their little feet could go in the opposite direction. Yikes. Yikes. Yikes. It wasn’t long until he could hear heavy footsteps barreling after him. Oh gog.

"Phelix, you come back here! Don't you dare run away from me!"

After hopping over a log, the young blueblood swiveled himself around a tree for cover. Perhaps he could talk with them about it? Phelix emerged halfway from behind their hiding spot, nervously laughing with a tense grin. “I thought we were just friends? Hrrgk!” A spray of bark flew in his face as rock collided into the tree. Panic swept his features, and the blueblood fell back into a sprint. The intentions of his new friend were becoming quite clear by their physical expression of dissatisfaction.

“How could you think that after all the times I tried to sabotage you? You don't feel any sort of black for me?!” The palm of Phelix’s hand smacked right in the center his forehead. He slowed to a stop, debating whether or not to confront them or continue running. He looked up. Or maybe there was a third option. With haste, Phelix reached for the nearest branch and pulled himself up into the tree, climbing a ways away to be hidden by foliage. Clinging to the large branch with his arms and legs, the blueblood peered down at the scenery below him with terror in his lookstubs, hoping he wouldn't be spotted. His grip tightened naturally when the purpleblood came into view, appearing perplexed and aggravated. His body began to mold into the branch.

“Phelix! Phelix?” There was a moment of silence. “Did I come off too strong?” The figure below huffed in frustration, then slumped in defeat and sauntered off. The blueblood continued to stare in waiting. When the purpleblood disappeared from sight, it was only then that they relaxed, leaning back against the trunk and sighing in sweet relief.

After a moment to breathe, he managed to riffle through his pack and revealed the ace of diamonds. Raising it up, he peered at the card wistfully with a disappointed smile. “You'll have a home sometime soon, little guy.” He murmured softly. To Phelix, the ideas tied to other quadrants simply did not compare to the way he felt about the support of a moirallegiance. Like his purpleblood friend, others his age were beginning to think about the more vivid quadrants, and while Phelix could see the use for them he... just... couldn't feel it. Often, his lusus would reassure him that this was normal, and perhaps things will change later when he is older and meets more trolls. But for now- all he wanted was someone he could belong to and help. One day...

A sudden bark jolted Phelix from his perch. After catching his wobbling self, he smiled down at his lusus. Tail rattling furiously with joy, Papaw gazed up questioningly at his charge, practically begging for all the details of his wriggling day hang out. In response, Phelix belted out clamorous laughter.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:24 pm
Yep, she didn’t want romance. she didn’t really care at all, but those around him did. I mean, she’s not totally against those who want love, good or bad. It’s just she doesn’t know if she wants that kind of relationship with people. Now, that doesn’t mean she hates all those relationships. she would love to see a good pal find some love, she just thinks that isn’t for him. she would much prefer a friend to chill out with. Like friends forever, never apart no matter what. Yep, she would much prefer that over having someone to love and someone to love her back. she didn’t think she was weird but apparently, she is.

In all honesty, though, she did kind of want that kind of relationship from time to time and would feel himself straying from her “BFF” way of thinking. If everyone said it was so great, how could she not want some romance, even a little bit. she didn’t want that kind of romance now, perhaps later in the far future her “one” would come. Still, she thought of himself as stupid every time her mind wandered off to thinking something like that. she didn’t want to do something foolish like that. she just wanted her moiral to come along.

Man, when was her BFF going to come? He’d want someone who’d accept him for who she was. Yep, that was very much preferred. They also better like what she liked. Maybe, they should help him when she was feeling down. They should also be huggable she really did like huggable people. They were the best! Maybe she was being too unrealistic, but she had tried looking every night. He’d go to try and find a good friend, but now all she had was a bunch of friends but not one that fit all the requirements.

Welp, it was her Wiggling Day tonight. Another night for him to go and try to meet some new trolls. she walked out into the cool night air. Today was quiet. It was nice. Sometimes it was just nice to stay by yourself. She wandered along and thought about her past. She was mistaken for a boy quite a lot. That did not settle well with her. Maybe that was what caused her to change her view entirely about romance. She’d always wanted someone to just be her friend and not care about her romantically, like in a best friend way. Since she looked like a guy for most of her past and she still does, she’d tend to hang out more with the guys. She wished she were more feminine, but she wasn’t and that was all there was to that. It did probably, lead up to her in search of that best friend she could tell everything to. The guys did tend to leave her out of some boy stuff and well, she was just too shy to talk to the girls.

As she walked along her neighborhood area, she didn’t quite find anything interesting to do. The air was chilly and felt good, but really, she was just plain bored.

She glanced up at the sky. Tonight, the sky was clear with no clouds whatsoever. ‘What a nice night,’ she thought to herself. It felt nice too. Why shouldn’t she go to her roof and just watch the stars and ponder about life for once. Her life had always been so fast pace with making friends and such. Sometimes taking a break would be good. That pretty much was her peaceful Wriggling day.

(sorry i couldn't get this up ealier my internet was down ^^;

CascadingRayn

Adorable Noob

amicableAggressor
Vice Captain

Versatile Vermin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:21 pm
quiet delegation
Congratulations! You have won the blueblood troll! Feel free to start a quest thread for them. Please keep in mind our rehoming policy.

And as always ty everyone for the entries! Blueblood feels the love. You have all received 1 ep, that has been recorded in our vast records.  
Historical & Archived Events

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games