Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:53 am
Name: Amila
Sex: Female
Sexual Orientation: She likes boys. Pretty boys especially -SHOT-
Craft: None she's good at so far if you asked her. She is, however, able to weave and sew, and look after animals. She justthinks she's terribad at it.
Physical Description:
Hair- Jaw length, platinum blond, very fine. Her bangs tend to cover her eyebrows at worst.

Eyes- Round/oval mix, with thick lashes and silvery-blue eyes.

Skintone/Build- Tanned, with a medium build. Amila is a bit of a hardy sort, but nowhere near the stockiness of most larger boned people.

Clothes- The usual plain fare. Most of it is browns, beigesm and off-whites since she won't attempt saving for any dyes.

Personality: Self concious and sweet, Amila's a girl who tries her best to tend to others, She's sort of shy and self aware of her position as a candidate and that she's not assured a life partner, and she feels at peace if only because someone ekse might need a dragon. Amila is the girl wanting to see those around her happy, often to her own detriment. Her favorite times are spent looking after firelizards, feeling them non-judgemental and entirely loving and forgiving of her own mistakes. To that end, however, she does feel somewhat detatched from other humans -- growing up with expectations and plans made for her, especially since those since went out a window, she doesn't know how to connect well with others. That doesn't mean she doesn't try -- often, she merely acts on what she sees or hears - being quite willing to feed someone else her share of a meal, or making somebody a lovely little outfit to be just that much more comfortable when chores and time allows, or just letting people know she's there to listen and lean on if needed. She doesn't think it means much... But it does, and she generally needs to pull herself up to see it.

Positive Trait List Kind, Compassionate, Charitable, Animal Lover

Negative Trait List Low Self Esteem, Lonely, self sacrificing (to detriment of herself)
History: Amila grew up in a family as the only daughter to a couple with very traditional gender role views and perspectives. She was raised according to her gender and given little thought of going beyond it. She often admired the tales of Riders as she went about her chores, but was quickly discouraged with the admonishments of her family via description of only the risks and hardships with little positives. To a degree, she was discouraged from daring dream, at east until she found afirelizard clutch.

Animals were long an exception, as care and maitenence led to better profit at trade (Her family being all about material value as well), and Amila had a knackfor tending them. While nothing of note, she presumed herself to be merely another forgotten face until she was selected as a Candidate.
Other: Amila <3 Fire Lizzies and every other creature. If allowed she'd rival Menolly in number f fire lizards. Don't let her be Menolly.

Amila's parents and family.. Did not fare well when Thread returned. Although Amila was in a safe locale, most of her family was out working when it came and were among those whom perished. Although treated with rigid goals and rules, Amila was saddened by the blow, the girl feeling quite lonely without aunts and uncles and fussy cousins. While some survived, the family wasn't the same, talking less. When the Search came, Amila and her surviving family were quite surprised when she was Searched. Although discouraged from dreaming, with her parents Threadfood and her cousins, and remaining aunts and uncles aware of the need for riders, she was given decent wishes for luck in Impressing -- mostly with hopes she might help rid Pern of Thread by the anxious folks.

Candidate Specific Questions
Do you want them to have an official Search RP?I'm good with or without -- but if staff want to why not?
Do you understand they will age every passing year regardless if you're there to RP the or not? Yes (THANK YOU.)
Do you want them to have a possible Stands Impression? No
- - - > Please keep in mind that Stands Impressions are very rare. This means that not everybody will get an opportunity to have a surprise Impression, and you lower your chances of being picked by a dragonet. Given the character is not ICly an official Candidate, they will need a reason to be at the Weyr of their choice long-term, or at least for every Hatching.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:27 am
Hey Nova!

Real quick before I have to go back to work. gaia_star A really good start but I'm wondering if you could try to develop her just a smidgen more?

Her Rank would be Candidate.

Looking at her personality, do you think you could go into her loneliness, self-sacrifice, and charity a bit more? I think if you just fleshed it out, gave some examples, that would be great. We base Impression entirely on personality so making sure that's filled out well is important.

As for her Craft, or lack there of, did her parents not teach her anything? Did her parents have crafts or were they just workers to a cothold or minor hold? While not everyone on Pern has craft training, and that is totally okay, what did she do for marks? Was she simply groomed to be potentially married off to someone of high rank? Was she taught domestic duties such as cooking, or weaving, or anything? A lot of folks on Pern tend to study something to be able to have a livelihood. If she was discouraged to take on a craft, if you could go into that in her history and explain that she was meant to be marriage fodder, or a drudge, or kitchen help or whatnot, that would be great. yum_cupcake

The only other couple of things missing in her history would be when she got Searched. That's usually a really big deal. With her parents having objected to her dreaming of becoming a rider, did they try to object to her going to the Weyr or were they happy to see her go?

Furthermore, what happened when Thread returned? Thread came back just under a year ago, and it devastated the planet who was mostly unprepared. A lot of people died, a lot of Holds were wiped out. How did her family fair? Now, if she Impresses, she'll be expected to go up and fight it. How does she feel about being a Candidate now that that's a real life expectation?

I think if you can just try to fill in some of the stuff I asked, she'll be able to be approed. I know sometimes a lot of things are better worked out via RP, so sorry to ask for just a little bit more to her. gaia_diamond

Masterharper
Vice Captain

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:06 pm
Masterharper

Updated! I... Think... I got everything? It wasn't terribly hard. XD

I figure since I didn't note age she was recently Searched/This' about the time since with Thread the Ridrs would be looking to bolster numbers, so things have hit 'panic mode', including but not limited to kidnappings by less scrupulous Riders (Ah, canon Lore).

I'm only noting since I'm entirely up for a Search RP, but it's not an OMG NEED as a 'If Staff wants sure!'. I'M OPEN TO ANYTHING LOL.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:47 pm
Approved.

Just so you know, no Western Weyr rider would kidnap someone just to get them Searched. I understand a rider might claim someone is Searched in hopes of pursuing a relationship with them later, but there wouldn't be any actual kidnappings.

The thing about Echoes of Pern is that though Thread was a surprise, Western Weyr was one of the Weyrs that actually still a functioning Weyr. So they weren't hurting for Candidates since they were picking up Candidates for clutches well before Thread returned.

gaia_star

If you want a backdated Search RP you can ask and see if anyone is available. Good luck!

Masterharper
Vice Captain

Approved Characters

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces