East of Eden Hiring Thread [OPEN]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

East of Eden Shop Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:38 am
Welcome One and all to the hiring thread!

Currently we are looking for a few full time and part time colorist to help kick off the shop's activity. We are also looking for a certist, guild manager and RP manager

Still interested in working with us? Then proceed to the next post to find out more about the positions.

Hiring closes on January 10th

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:40 am
The Colorist Positions.

Universal Requirements ||
○ Every colorist must maintain a standard of quality equal to that shown upon application. This means that you color as if your job depended on it every single time. Avoid repeating patterns too often, avoid sloppy markings, avoid rushing anything. Every customer deserves the best every single time.

○ Colorists may not show favoritism! This is the fastest way to anger our patrons and the owners of this shop. If you continue picking the same people for freebies, flatsales, and breedings it will result in a warning. If the dice do it- then that's hardly your fault. You are free to gift your credit-earned customs and breeding foals as you wish however.

○ You must have your own folder in the shop's photobucket. In which you keep your freebies, breedings, customs, etc. in their own folder. If there's a month where you need one of us to post your growths, let us know so we can do that!

○ All colorists must finish ALL default stages (Foal-adult) before giving out a litter or custom. Make sure the growths are uploaded into the shop's photobucket. This prevents falling behind if life happens.

○ Colorists must abide by all rules of the shop.

○ Colorists must maintain a growth list (List out what months their Ponies will grow along with additional notes such as 'bi colored eyes, marking on the left, etc.) in their growth subform.

○ Colorists must post in the quota check thread every month using the format we will provide. You must wait for Little Yellow Jacket's or Caitlyn Hellstorm's approval before you are awarded your points.

○ Colorists must maintain a point claiming post in the thread provided.

Code of Conduct.
East of Eden is a different kind of RP shop. We hold ourselves and our staff members to a very high standard. Every shop member represents the shop and the community as a whole. We aren't forcing anyone to apply- but if you do, be aware that your conduct as much as your work will come into consideration.

► No crude/foul language.
This includes signatures. It's very hard for someone who doesn't know you/understand your humor to approach you with an issue if you have hostile, inflammatory, or crude language in your sig or you in-thread speech pattern. Someone may have a concern about their cert that needs correcting but may be afraid to say something.

► Be polite and respectful to /everyone/.
It's no secret that people have different opinions on everything under the sun. A disagreement is no reason to treat anyone badly. Keep your cool, and if there's a problem that your temper can't handle- direct another staff member that way.

► Be professional.
This means you don't share sensitive info with the rest of the shop. We'll be creating a photobucket account specifically for certs and cert artists to access. There shouldn't be any private info in there, but you will gain access to the staff section so you can claim your monthly rewards. If you disclose sensitive, private info- you could face termination from the staff.

► Don't badmouth other shops and/or users in the shop.
We all have people, places, and things we don't like. Say what you want in PM or IM but keep negativity out of the main thread.

Quota Requirements ||

Full Time Colorists

► Monthly Quota: Must do 3-5 sale Ponies and at least 2 freebie Ponies [they can be adults or foals]
► Event Quota: Must do at least 3 Pony for any major events held
► Breedings: May open up 1-4 slots every other month
► Customs: May open up 1-4 slots every other month (alternating with breedings)
► Bribes: May open up 1 bribe slot each month, providing your quota is finished

Part Time Colorists

► Monthly Quota: Must do 1-3 sale Ponies and at least 1 freebie Pony [they can be adults or foals]
► Event Quota: Must do at least 1 Pony for any major events held
► Customs: May open up 1 custom slot alternating each month
► Breedings: May open up 1 breeding slot alternating each month
► Bribes: May open up 1 bribe slot providing that quota is met for the month

Pay

○ Customs, breedings and bribes – 100%
○ Flatsales – 100%
○ Auctions – 90%
○ Raffles – Paid per pet with a price TBD

RP Manager ||
RP Managers read through every role play and make sure that the content is acceptable to the shop, it's respectful, non-godmodey, and accurate in word count. The RP manager is essentially the quality control of the community. They communicate gently but directly with the customers if there is a concern, a breach in world canon, or if their word count is not accurate.

Duties ||
xx→ Read all RP's, report to the customer if there is an issue with canon, violations in content, or word count is inaccurate.
xx→ Report to the staff if there is a concern with a customer, journal post, or rp.
xx→ Verify word count for rp perks such as Magi, breeding, or Sages.
xx→ Assure that all content within the guild is within both gaia and the shop's TOS standards.

Rewards ||
→ 1 custom a month for completion of monthly duties.
→ For additional duties, customs may be offered as a perk by the colorist who extended the task.

Guild Manager ||
Guild managers maintain the guild. Essentially, they keep the lists up to date, ensure that events are opened and closed on time, remind colorists of deadlines, and check for any problems in the guild's written information or formatting.

Duties ||
xx→ Maintain the Lifemate Agreement lists.
xx→ Maintain the table of contents for the owner's list.
xx→ Maintain lists for any and all events.
xx→ Run events as requested.
xx→ Ensure that all information is posted, non-contradictory, and none of the formatting or images are broken.
xx→ Report any problems to staff.

Rewards ||
→ 1 custom a month for completion of monthly duties.
→ For additional duties, customs may be offered as a perk by the colorist who extended the task.

East of Eden Shop Mule
Captain

East of Eden Shop Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:44 am
Still wanting to apply for a colorist position? Awesome!

In order to apply, we ask that you please download the sample provided then submit at least 3 colored ponies with markings! We want to see what you are capable of doing! (feel free to try editing on other samples. We just want to see 3 coloring samples and whatever else you can offer) and if you have any other samples please feel free to show us. We also ask that you please use the code below when applying.

Download the application lines here

Please note the hiring lines are not the East of Eden official lines but lines that are similar to the shops!

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Do you have Aim:[/b]
[b]If not would you be willing to get it:[/b]
[b]How often are you online:[/b]
[b]Do you currently work for any other shops:[/b]
[b]Which position are you applying for:[/b] (Full time or part time colorist)

[b]Samples on our lines:[/b]
[b]Other samples:[/b]
[b]Can you edit:[/b]
[b]Edited Samples (if you can edit):[/b]

[b]Why do you want to work for the shop:[/b]
[b]Anything else you think we should know:[/b]

Certist Application ||

[align=center][b][size=24]I wanna help![/b][/size][/align]
► [b]Your SN ||[/b]
► [b]Do the terms & Conditions seem fair?[/b]
[color=white]xxx[/color]◘ [u]If not, why?[/u] (Payment, work load, etc. complaints/suggestions)
► [b]Can you open .psd files?[/b] [Yes/no]
► [b]Can you save in .png and .jpg?[/b]
► [b]Do you agree to uphold the rules of the shop?[/b]
► [b]Do you agree to the rules of conduct?[/b]
► [b]Any other concerns/comments?[/b]

RP Manger and Guild Manager Application ||

[align=center][b][size=24]I wanna help![/b][/size][/align]
► [b]Your SN ||[/b]
►[b]Position applying for?:[/b]
► [b]Do the terms & Conditions seem fair?[/b]
[color=white]xxx[/color]◘ [u]If not, why?[/u] (Payment, work load, etc. complaints/suggestions)
► [b]Do you agree to uphold the rules of the shop?[/b]
► [b]Do you agree to the rules of conduct?[/b]
► [b]Any other concerns/comments?[/b]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:46 am
Applicants

East of Eden Shop Mule
Captain

closed account 2018

Friendly Tipper

11,475 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:48 am
I wanna help!

Your SN || geeking out
Do the terms & Conditions seem fair? Certainly
xxxIf not, why? ...
Do you agree to uphold the rules of the shop? Most definitely
Do you agree to the rules of conduct? Yes.
Any other concerns/comments?Just to be clear I am to be word counting all the roleplays or the ones done to make a specific quota?

Also I noticed the certist application did not come with an explanation of that position / the payment for it.

Lastly was the payment for both jobs one custom or each job separately gets a custom? That I was a little confused on.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:38 pm
Username: Valdmir Talamore
Do you have Aim: No it does not seem to work for me anymore
I have discord, telegram, skype, twitter, etc etc just not aim
If not would you be willing to get it: If it will work its a little outdated as far as what it uses to run so my computer is not found of it
How often are you online: I work from home so all the time save some weekends
Do you currently work for any other shops: No
Which position are you applying for: part time colorist

Samples on our lines:
Natural
Galaxy
Other samples: I dont have any other current colorings I can dig up some art if you like but I did extra samples so I hope that helps, but I am coloring two poodles for myself in another store so I will have those as a sample later if needed, as well as I am willing to color another sample if you need
Can you edit: yes
Edited Samples (if you can edit):
Simple Hair edit on Galaxy
more complex Hair edit
Heavy Edit
Why do you want to work for the shop: I always wanted an EOE in the past and I couldnt seem to get one XD, but I took a break from gaia and just wandered in and you gifted one to me. So I suppose I thought it was nice and I love the lines and just want to be part of bringing the store back to life!!
Anything else you think we should know:
I work as a free lance artist for a living so deadlines is nothing new for me, my quotas will be met quickly as I am a fast worker.  

Valdmir Talamore
Crew

Savage Shapeshifter

10,250 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Jolly Roger 50

Rainhowl
Crew

Tipsy Prophet

9,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:17 pm
Username: Aurrie Beaues
Do you have Aim: Not currently.
If not would you be willing to get it: Sure thing! I've also got Skype on my computer and phone, so I can easily be gotten ahold of there as well.
How often are you online: 1-2 hours a day if just goofing off, but I've got spare time I can devote to being online if needed. smile
Do you currently work for any other shops: I do! I was at Tales of Watership Down before going on hiatus and will be returning as staff once Roserain has time to start it up again.
Which position are you applying for: Part time, although I can increase my workload on occasion if needed.

Samples on our lines: Silver Femme, Grape Lady, Sassy Lass, Blue and Gold, Valentine
Other samples: Mega Ampharos, Balefur, Foxfeather I colored on Nyao gryphon lines, Super quick ringtail cat doodle, That time I turned a dog-thing into a dog-chameleon for a RoD customer, Applied at Dickens once, Uncut Blue Dickens, Another Aershaa from RoD
Can you edit: To some degree. I prefer to do more natural edits and would like to avoid putting clothes on horses until I can practice and am used to putting clothes on horses. Expression and ruffled fur and feathers should be fine, but I'll need more practice with complex hair edits in this style. I've done some edit work in ToWD, but again it is all natural. I also used to be a colorist for the Realm of Dreyrull and did more realistic edits there. These can be seen in my Other Samples selection.
Edited Samples (if you can edit): Sassy Lass, Grape Lady in a Cape

Why do you want to work for the shop: I somehow missed EoE in my old Gaia days, but it looks like a fun place to be. I want to get back into the BC world and I'd love to brush up on my coloring abilities.
Anything else you think we should know: While I have time to be a full time colorist right now, I don't want to overextend myself. I was very ill throughout the past couple years and have finally finished up healing from surgery. In good health now and I've got a lot of time on my hands, but I'm also trying to regain the muscle I lost and am a sleepy noodle after my workout sessions. I keep my phone on and can be reached through Skype or FB messanger at most any time, regardless of where I am.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:54 am
I wanna help!

Your SN || StarshineAngel01
Do the terms & Conditions seem fair? Yes
xxxIf not, why? They seem fair
Can you open .psd files? [Yes]
Can you save in .png and .jpg? Yes
Do you agree to uphold the rules of the shop? Yes
Do you agree to the rules of conduct? Yes
Any other concerns/comments? Just thought I would give it a try  

StarshineAngel01

Interstellar Moonwalker