Recently split from my best friend.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Eddie7766

Adorable Kitten

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:03 pm
As the title suggests I parted ways from my good friend which I wonder why I still call him that at this point either way he didn't want me to leave but I needed to at it was a toxic realtionship meaning. I would entrust him with information about my life and tell him things I wouldn't tell another soul he used them to either piss me off or just kinda chip at me, I kept it under wraps but I have told him to stop and that it isn't helping but it only stopped for a while and then he continued and for about a few months we had a repeating cycle of spliting and getting making up although I now I have cut ties for good and dont seek to regain anything from him. I've told him alot of things but it always came around to bite me. Anyway if you'd like to give some advice on the matter I wont stop you (And I cant really XD) but right now I am just looking for a group to help me avoid the mental toll this has taken. But in all honesty making a public statment like this was my last option and I've tried to make friends but honestly its feeling hard to even begin to make friends. I am quite fond of the lime light meaning I seek attention.

The reason behind that being I was close with my best friend so much so the majority of the time I spent was with him and with him no longer there to absorb any of my time, problems, etc. It has left somewhat of a hole and a need for someone else like that I know that it seems extremely optimistic but. You honestly never know other than that please believe what you will and as I said don't hesitate to give me some advice.

Thank you.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:04 pm
Eddie7766
As the title suggests I parted ways from my good friend which I wonder why I still call him that at this point either way he didn't want me to leave but I needed to at it was a toxic realtionship meaning. I would entrust him with information about my life and tell him things I wouldn't tell another soul he used them to either piss me off or just kinda chip at me, I kept it under wraps but I have told him to stop and that it isn't helping but it only stopped for a while and then he continued and for about a few months we had a repeating cycle of spliting and getting making up although I now I have cut ties for good and dont seek to regain anything from him. I've told him alot of things but it always came around to bite me. Anyway if you'd like to give some advice on the matter I wont stop you (And I cant really XD) but right now I am just looking for a group to help me avoid the mental toll this has taken. But in all honesty making a public statment like this was my last option and I've tried to make friends but honestly its feeling hard to even begin to make friends. I am quite fond of the lime light meaning I seek attention.

The reason behind that being I was close with my best friend so much so the majority of the time I spent was with him and with him no longer there to absorb any of my time, problems, etc. It has left somewhat of a hole and a need for someone else like that I know that it seems extremely optimistic but. You honestly never know other than that please believe what you will and as I said don't hesitate to give me some advice.

Thank you.
Yeah, sometimes its best to know when to walk away. if he's been abusing the trust you placed in him, it was probably long overdue. I'm here for you, in at least three guilds, so if you ever want to talk, I hope you know I'm just a PM away. 3nodding  

Priestess_Kelina

Hilarious Gaian

1,275 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

Eddie7766

Adorable Kitten

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:50 am
Priestess_Kelina

Yeah, sometimes its best to know when to walk away. if he's been abusing the trust you placed in him, it was probably long overdue. I'm here for you, in at least three guilds, so if you ever want to talk, I hope you know I'm just a PM away. 3nodding

Thanks forthe support honestly didn't excpect you to comment on this of all people but thanks reguardless.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:41 am
Ironically enough, I've been dealing with the same situation for the past month. I had 3 toxic relationships that I had to break ties with, and one I'm still trying to do that with. I'm here for you. Therapy might help if you're a kind of person who likes talking out your problems, but everyone is different! But know that the end of your relationship isn't the overall end, but instead a beginning. And if someone treats you the way this person did, and uses your weak points, they are not a friend. Friends care and would never treat you that way. You can find more people! I did! biggrin Stay strong, and know I'm here for you, as well as everyone here. That's the point of a guild is to support each other! Online groups, MMOs, and basically any activity that involves multiple people can be a great way to find new friends!!  

Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Vampiric Paladin

16,125 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Charging Power 75

Priestess_Kelina

Hilarious Gaian

1,275 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:51 pm
Eddie7766
Priestess_Kelina

Thanks for the support honestly didn't expect you to comment on this of all people but thanks reguardless.
How can you say that? You're the only one who ever posts in my guild anymore. Of course I would be concerned about my only active member. If you've got a problem, I'd love to hear about it, cause talking makes things easier, and what are friends for if not to listen? Speaking of friends, I think it's time I added you to my friendslist. I've been meaning to do that for a while now, but I've been super busy trying to revive my Lilac Academy rp, (see my sig) and I've been a bit preoccupied with that. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:57 pm
Thanks and I am sorry to hear that and hopefully you can sever the other one aswell although I'm not fond of therapy I rather talk amoungst someone who isn't payed to care. And rather cares with their own concern much like people like you who come to aid people like me when their down and I thank you for that.

Paladin Magnus Dawnguard
Ironically enough, I've been dealing with the same situation for the past month. I had 3 toxic relationships that I had to break ties with, and one I'm still trying to do that with. I'm here for you. Therapy might help if you're a kind of person who likes talking out your problems, but everyone is different! But know that the end of your relationship isn't the overall end, but instead a beginning. And if someone treats you the way this person did, and uses your weak points, they are not a friend. Friends care and would never treat you that way. You can find more people! I did! biggrin Stay strong, and know I'm here for you, as well as everyone here. That's the point of a guild is to support each other! Online groups, MMOs, and basically any activity that involves multiple people can be a great way to find new friends!!

Eddie7766

Adorable Kitten

Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Vampiric Paladin

16,125 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Charging Power 75
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:30 pm
Eddie7766
Thanks and I am sorry to hear that and hopefully you can sever the other one aswell although I'm not fond of therapy I rather talk amoungst someone who isn't payed to care. And rather cares with their own concern much like people like you who come to aid people like me when their down and I thank you for that.

Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Thank you very much!! smile I really appreciate that, honestly!

And if it's any reassurance, in therapy, it isn't that the people are payed to care. It's that they're payed to help you with your problems because they care if you're alright. A therapist's career is built on care, and if they didn't have any then they'd be a bad therapist who shouldn't have the job at all (which there are a few from what I've heard, but it takes a few tries to find the right person!). It isn't unusual to go to a few different therapists to find the right one, but they will care about you if they're the right one for you, and they will sincerely want to work with you. I'm not saying you have to go to therapy because again, everyone is different, and everyone has different needs! I'm just giving this as reassurance if you need any.  
Life Issues Forum [[ You got a problem We can HELP]]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games