[SRP] Family Ties (See Inside)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Summer Raaven

Garbage Trash

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:27 pm
This is a solo-RP featuring Vanilla Swirl, and her children, Rainbow Sherbert, Tiramisu, and Rocky Road. Please do not post.
||Summer Raaven's Teepee||
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:35 am
"You told me I'd never have to see her again."

The air was crisp, the sun barely peeking over the horizon, as two mares stood side by side, waiting for the arrival of another. The youngest of the two, Tiramisu, stared at her old sister with an expression that screamed pain -- panic -- and pain. How could she do this, without asking first? How could she....put them both at risk, without knowing how she felt? The small mare frowned, letting the air between them pass, silently, so many words yet unspoken. Her sister had always been her guardian, her protector, and above all, her friend....and now? Oh! She could yell, and she would, if she had the strength. She was weak, and although life had tossed her its fair share of lessons, she could not raise her voice against someone she loved.

Someone who loved her.

But this was almost...inexcusable. The torment of years past was something that Tiramisu had learned to put behind her, and it felt like a punch to the gut now -- all of the raw, childlike emotions came rushing forward, and if she was strong enough, she'd have let it all come out. But she wasn't, and it was going to fester. She'd rot from the inside out. Just like all those times before. Life was a constant battle of hurt and escape, and she was always on the losing end. Another glance at her sister told her that Rainbow Sherbert was beginning to understand the impact of the decision she had made, which made Tiramisu more confident. She could do this, she could reprimand her beloved protector. Yes, this was possible.

"I trusted you....," she whispered, "you know what she did to me. Us. How could you?" That was it. Nothing else could be said.

More silence. Tiramisu couldn't bring herself to say everything she wanted to, regardless of the fire that burned in her heart. Bertie was her sister, and it was an honest mistake. Or was it? So much doubt, even after all these years, of who was really there for her. She had always had one Soquili on her side, and then there were two....and now.....maybe she was back to the army of one. A sad, lonely life it was, but one that she had grown accustomed to. Things had started to look positive for a while, and then...this. How was Tiramisu going to face her, face her past, and not fall apart? Her walls, her shell, was finally starting to break away, and she feared it all coming back in full force. Vanilla Swirl would be the downfall of her growth, once again.

Another stare at the mare standing beside her, and then a sigh. Rainbow Sherbert had yet to respond, and instead just stared back, every silent moment giving way to understanding and realization. This would be the breaking point of their relationship, if this did not go well, of that she was sure.

Summer Raaven

Garbage Trash

Summer Raaven

Garbage Trash

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:29 pm
A blink. Her younger sister's words hit her like a truck, and realization flashed across her face before she could stop it. Had she given thought to her own sister's feelings? Tira didn't seem to think so. But...she had, hadn't she? She was thinking about the future. About what could be, if things went the way they were supposed to. All of their lives it hadn't gone the way it was supposed to, so together they ran, and never looked back. Now Bertie was asking to go back -- to face their fears.

To see their mother. To hear her apologize.

To begin again. Would it work? She had no real way of knowing except faith, and Bertie had always had plenty of that. Tira, however, lacked faith in every single aspect of her life, and now Bertie felt like she lacked faith in her, as well. It was heartbreaking, but they'd....get through it together. Bertie had her own life, as did her sister, as did....their mother, and the mistakes they all made had shaped them to this point in their lives. Maybe Rocky was right, maybe this was how it was supposed to happen.

The pair of them let the air around them linger, and Rainbow Sherbert wondered if what she had done was truly a mistake. No. It couldn't have been, she was the hero in her own story, the hero in her sister's story, she couldn't possibly be the villain. She had made the right decision. Closure, that's what Rocky had called it, and it seemed good enough. On a usual day, the crazy little mare would have laughed it off and pretended she didn't know what he was talking about, but this had to do with Tiramisu, too. Her beloved. She couldn't let it go, let it slide....without an attempt. So she agreed, and here they were. Yes. This was the proper decision. Bertie swallowed hard, turning again to meet Tira's gaze, and whispered, "...you...haven't met him yet. What he said, it...makes sense. Trust us, trust me....this will be for the good! The demons from our past can't hurt us anymore....right? We have each other, if things go wrong, I promise we'll be okay." Words that fell flat, words that were very little in the grand scheme of things, but she meant them. Bertie had always been there for her younger sister, even when she wasn't physically there, and that would never change. They'd always have each other.

"She's my mother, Tira. Our mother. I couldn't just drop her. If it's true, and I believe him, then we owe it to ourselves to try," the usual peppy, sing-song tone that she carried in her voice had gone soft, apologetic, and worrisome. This would most definitely break them a part if it didn't work, but they had to try. Especially since now they had a little brother, who apparently adored their mother. It was worth it to at least try. It had to be.

A smile, and the colorful mare tried again, "he's coming to get us in a little while. Trust me, Tira. This is good."

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games