Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:57 pm
User Image

Nkera made his way towards his den with slow steps, feeling tired and grouchy - only half of his usual state of mind. He grumbled a bit under his breath, not really paying attention to anything below his eye-level. His shift was over after he'd faced a rogue that had seriously lacked determination and Nkera had been left with the feeling that the challenge hadn't been worth his time and energy. He'd also seen a leopard and that always put him in a bad mood - it bothered him that there were so many of those creatures out there, right next to the border. Right now, all he wanted was to find some shade and take a long, well-earned nap.

He half-yawned, half-growled exuberantly, the loud sound carrying in the wind. Rolling his shoulders as if to release some tension, his slow steps turned into a light trot. Nkera snorted to himself. He needed to sleep soon and lazying about wasn't going to get him there, now was it?

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:45 pm
Mogami

User Image

Scampering around the young cub darted from the safety of her families area. She was, currently, unaware of the stigma that cool colors had within the pride. It seemed that she might find out later in the day. While she had only a small portion of blue upon her body, one of her sisters was entirely colored in it. She thought she was pretty. Though she thought all of her siblings looked nice. Not a single one of them seemed to care about their looks. Little did she know that would change with age. As she padded along, not too far away from home she thought and saw someone white and grey up ahead. She didn't know who they were but she was still curious. She did tell her mother she needed to get out and socialize more. "Hello!" She called out to him.

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:20 am
AstoriaFallen

Nkera looked down at the young cub with a slightly tilted head. He didn't really know how to handle cubs but a greeting was greeting and its answer was simple enough. Hopefully, he could get away from her quickly because he really needed to get his weight off his legs.

"Hello." He returned, slowly. The cub was mostly black but she didn't seem terribly affected by the heat. Maybe it was because of those blue swirls on her black. Well, she wasn't going to be around for long then... "Where is your den? Shouldn't you be with your parents... Or training?" She was going to need it, after all.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:54 pm
Mogami

She flicked her tail behind her as she watched him and cocked her head when he asked her a bunch of questions. "Probably. And it's not that far away." She interjected. She wasn't sure what it mattered though. They weren't going to train until later anyway. "What do you do in the pride?" She asked him curiously.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:23 pm
AstoriaFallen

"I guard the borders. Keep the rogue lions away. And fight those who wish to enter." Nkera said, repressing a yawn. Belatedly, he realized maybe he shouldn't speak of his duties so much. After all, she was going to become one such rogue in the future, someone he'd have to keep away... He felt kind of bad for that. Splitting up a family because of something like coat color had always seemed odd to him. Especially when yellow cubs that could easily blend in the desert were sent away but black coats that absorbed the heat were considered a desirable trait. Even his white coat wasn't exactly considered ideal. Oh well, he wasn't planning on having cubs in the near future so he decide this wasn't really his problem.

He gave in to the notion that the cub wasn't going to tire of his presence soon and sat down. Politeness almost made him ask what she wanted to do in the future but he decided that it would be insensitive to do so in this case.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:28 pm
Mogami

"That sounds like a pretty important job." She said wondering if she'd be able to be a guard when she got older. "I don't know what I want to do when I get older just yet." She said thinking about it. "One of my parents is a medic and the other is a water seeker." She wondered what else she could probably do in the pride. "Can females be guards?" She asked him curiously.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:32 am
"Uhm, yes. It's important." Nkera said, very slowly. "Females can be Guards, too. They are just as strong. I've lost against several of them in combat."

His own mother had ben a warrior of his former pride so he held no notions of separate gender roles. He paused, briefly, to give de cub a proper look. From above, her blue swirls seemed all the more prominent. It didn't sound like her parents had already give her The Talk... well, The Firekin Talk.

"But you should focus on your training." He said at last even though he probably shouldn't. "You'll need it later when you're alone in the rogue lands."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:05 pm
Mogami
I couldn't figure out what pride the firekin was. Sorry for the wait!

When he spoke she could feel her hopes getting up. They could! Really? That's great! She wondered if she'd be a guard one day! She did have to learn what else she could be first though. "Oh that's awesome!" She said happily with a grin. She looked up at him when he said she should focus on her training. He was right, she should focus on it, she needed to grow up big and strong so she can-wait.. What? "What do you mean alone in the rouge lands?" She asked him. Was there a part of growing up that would put her there? That sounded kinda neat. "What will I be doing out there? Do you know?" She asked him curious to know more.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:25 am
AstoriaFallen

Oh, perhaps she hadn't been given that particular talk yet. But anyone with that amount of blue was bound to be drawing attention. She should probably be warned though, granted, it could be argued that such a revelation should be done by someone with some degree of social graces and a minimum of sensitivity which Nkera sorely lacked at times. And probably a family member.

"Well... you will leave eventually, won't you?" And as if to prove he could always find the stupidest thing to say around females - even one as tiny as this one - Nkera added. "I mean... you are a Huria."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:12 am
Mogami

It was quite unfortunate that she hadn't been given the talk yet and he was about to give it to her for her parents. Though the debate on her colors was still in the air and whether or not she would stay was still on the table she had no clue of this, not a one. "What is a Huria?" She asked him with a rather dumbfounded look on her face. She had no idea what he was talking about. Why had mom and dad waited to tell her and her siblings that some of them wouldn't be able to stay in the pride. She'd find out soon enough but her blue sister was destined to leave, she on the other hand had a fighting chance. But she had no idea of any of this. "Why would being a Huria make me have to leave?" She was thoroughly confused.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:10 pm
AstoriaFallen

So she really hadn't been given that particular Talk yet. The question was so direct that Nkera felt he could not in good conscience avert it even if he did have the sudden image of an angry mother berating him for his 'helpfulness'. But the cub had asked and, tired as he was, Nkera lacked the clear mind necessary to refuse the innocent inquire.

"The lions of this pride care very deeply about the color of one's pelt. If you look around, you will see that most lions are red, black or white, with few exceptions." He started, almost academically. "Huria are lions - and lionesses - who have unacceptable colors. If they are adults, they are not allowed to join the pride. If they're cubs born within, they are trained until they become adolescents but they can't stay."

He looked down at the cub and his eyes softened. She was so tiny still. Nkera had rarely been around cubs her age both in the Firekin and his former pride.

"They are not hated." Nkera added with an unusual gentleness. "But they must leave when they become strong enough to fend for themselves. Blue is not accepted so even if your pelt is mostly black, I assume you are a Huria." He braced himself for the reaction. He hoped she wouldn't wimper and cry. Oh Gods, he should've kept his mouth shut.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:59 am
Mogami
I read this the day you posted it and then never responded back. /dies

She listened as he spoke and she finally began to understand. But she didn't have that much blue! Right? She glanced back at her pelt, taking in the vibrant colors that matched her sister. So her sister had to leave? She looked back towards him and gave a small frown but said nothing. "Well, I'm still going to be a Soldier!" She proclaimed to him with a firm stance. Though she didn't want to see her sister have to go. At least they would have time together, at least until they were all adolescents. "I think I should go home now." She said to him, needing to process everything she had learned.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:52 am
AstoriaFallen
lol, it happens. Last post, I think.

Nkera simply nodded, either to her bold declaration or to the warning of her departure - perhaps, both. He still doubted she would be in the pride a few months from now but it was hardly his place to say it and it gave him no pleasure to antagonize a cub.

"Go on, then." Nkera said quietly, offering the cub a parting nod before he turned to leave. He wouldn't believe he was allowed to rest until he was actually laying down in a den.

[IC] Motoujamii Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games