Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Comic Con, Sci Fi, Horror, Fantasy, & Disney Genre
Everything Disney Official Thread

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:52 am
"Everything Disney"

This is a special thread dedicated to and for posting about everything related to Disney, the Disney Franchise, and the Disney Genre. Due to the growing popularity of Disney related Cosplay Outfits and the growing number of Disney character Cosplayers I decided that we needed a thread worthy of the name Disney.

Personally I have always liked Disney, it's characters, and especially it's movies. Tinkerbell and Mickey Mouse are two of my all time favorite characters. I grew up knowing who Walt Disney was and what he did for the World. I have watched over the years as the Disney Genre has grown and what it has become.

This Thread begins with a tribute to Walt Disney himself. Walt Disney and his legacy has changed my life. Before Star Trek, Star Wars, and Anime their was Disney. Before most Manga their was Disney. Walt Disney is an American Icon who has fallen into history but his legacy remains. I wonder what he would think of Cosplayers portraying his most loved characters that he created.

Tribute to Walt Disney

Walt Disney was a Visionary and an Innovator. His wish was to bring Joy to the World. The beginning of his Legend was drawing Mickey Mouse in a Black and White cartoon called "Steam Boat Willie".

In the early days Walt made animated features with wonderful characters in them. One of those animated movies was called "Peter Pan". In the movie Peter Pan Walt created characters like Captain Hook, Tinkerbell, Lost Boys, Pirates, Wendy and her Family. A live action Movie was created later on.

Other Early Characters included Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, Pluto, Goofy, Scrooge McDuck and Nephews. These characters were in both Animated Movies and Comic Books.

Disney Icons:
a. Mickey Mouse - Seen in Disney Land (In California) and Disney World in Florida he can be seen near Cinderella’s Castle in the Magic Kingdom.
b. Tinkerbell - The "Wonderful World of Disney" TV Show had Tinkerbell flying around Cinderella’s Castle in an arc and then it looks like she fly's up to the “TV Screen” and you see her up close and then does a Pixie Dust flick of her wand. This is seen in the Opening Credits of the Show. Tinkerbell is also seen in Disney animated cartoons featuring herself and she introduces you to Disney Animated and Live action DVD's and Blu Ray.

Early Movie Classics included Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Winnie the Pooh, The Jungle Book, Alice in Wonderland, Pinocchio, Beauty and the Beast, and others.

Next Live Action Movies like Mary Poppins, Bed Knobs & Broom Sticks, Herby the Love Bug, and Peter Pan came onto our "Analog" TV sets. In addition to movies their were live TV shows for kids as well. The Mickey Mouse Club TV series for Kids and Kids at Heart is one of the legendary ones (Walt Disney appears often when the show first started). Later on the show helped to mold the future of stars like Britney Spears and Christina Aquilera.

Many thanks goes to Walt Disney who has created Joy for everyone and most people in the World know exactly what the word Disney means which means that his legacy will go on for many years to come. smile

Feel free to post anything related to Disney on this thread. Below is a list of suggested topics to post about.

1, Cosplay and how Disney has recently Influenced it.
2. TV Shows and Movies both Animated and Live Action.
3. Video Game Disney Characters like those included in video game systems like the "Infinity" game system and related video game series like Kingdom Hearts.
4. Disney marketing and "Elsa" from the movie "Frozen" quickly becoming Disney's third Icon (Mickey Mouse and Tinkerbell the first two).
5. Disney Princesses and Disney Fairy's.

Show your Love for Disney and post what you think about it in this thread!! smile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:12 pm
I watched a lot of Disney growing up. Seriously who remembers Ducktales.

I also have for sure future plans for cosplaying:
Elsa (both Ice Queen and Coronation)
Merida
Rapunzel
Belle (Ball Gown and peasant)

I do want to work through all of the Disney Princesses one day.  

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:55 am
angelmage99
I watched a lot of Disney growing up. Seriously who remembers Ducktales.

I also have for sure future plans for cosplaying:
Elsa (both Ice Queen and Coronation)
Merida
Rapunzel
Belle (Ball Gown and peasant)

I do want to work through all of the Disney Princesses one day.

I watched Duck Tales a long time ago. Also I have taken Cosplay Photos of all of the characters above. One of the photos is at the beginning of this thread. smile One of the best Cosplay photos that I have ever taken!!  
Comic Con, Sci Fi, Horror, Fantasy, & Disney Genre

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games