Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] First Encounters (Aruna and Flidais)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

HoneyTeaTree

Anxious Goat

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:20 pm
User Image User Image

This is a private rp between HoneyTeaTree's Flidais and Lady_Ourania's Aruna. Please don't post unless you've been invited to do so.

HoneyTeaTree's Teepee | Lady_Ourania's Teepee

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:47 pm
In a forest filled with old oaks and large cedars that stretched up to the sky, dwarfing any and all who walked beneath them on the forest floor, Flidais walked a graceful path as she wandered through the woods. The tree tops were so thick and full that the sun light had a difficult time reaching the ground, an occasional, thin tendril of light shining through a gap in the trees and only enhancing the mystical atmosphere. Morning in this forest was able to take on the appearance of the evening light and the nights were some of the darkest Flidais had ever encountered.

This forest was one that she came to frequently. For Flidais, the forest was a perfect spot to feel most in tune with the spirits of the woods and she often paid her respects to the strongest of them in the forest of oak, pine, cedar, and birch. She had been spending her time finding herbs for her home remedies of topical ointments and salves, amassing a good amount of materials before finally deciding that it was time to take a break from her activities. The mare craned her head, stretching her neck from sided to side, sighing as she felt her muscles loosen.

Flidais lifted her head to gaze at the dark boughs that were high above her. It was amazing to her that she could feel so small, surrounded by the great, towering giants and still feel so... significant. There was a gentle gaze in her eyes and she continued moving through the forest. The sun was already setting and the darkness was rapidly spreading like a thick, heavy smoke. Whatever remained of the day would pass quickly.

Lady_Ourania
Here we go~ yum_puddi I hope this alright for a first post v u v;

HoneyTeaTree

Anxious Goat

Lady_Ourania

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:46 pm
So much of the southern landscape was overrun with forests, most of them flowing into one another until they became nearly indistinguishable. He stumbled through one such place now, muttering quietly under his breath and casting about for some obvious landmarks. Had he not passed that very same white-barked tree an hour ago? Ah, yes, there was the lewd image he'd perceived before, its features shaped by whorls and knots in the wood. With that revelation weighing on him, the stallion paused to try and regain his bearings, one ear cocked to listen. He suspected his pursuer had given up some miles back, having successfully taken his pound of flesh. The scales around his injury were growing slowly, and Aruna sent mental thanks to the eccentric, easily flustered little stallion who had attended to his wounds all those weeks prior. Without him, the scar tissue alone likely would have prevented new growth, not to mention left an unbecoming hole in his hip. Fortunately, the fleet of miniature discs were beginning to peek out of the previous wreckage, most of them matte black with the lone red or white interloper to break up the monotony. It would be a while before they reached the maturity of those around them, and he would use the evidence as an excuse to tell his harrowing tale of Kalona encounters in the meantime. Many a being had been wooed with less, of this he could personally attest.

Supposing he ever ran across another intelligent creature again. As a stallion accustomed to rubbing shoulders with his peers at all times, Aruna found the silence of the current setting a bit unnerving. Most of the southerners seemed happy enough tromping about these places, though, with nary another soul to be seen. Used to keeping their own company, he supposed. At least night was the same everywhere, and while he would never admit to a sense of homesickness, he drew comfort from the weight of the darkness as it settled over his shoulders. Now if only there were fewer blasted trees about, perhaps he'd actually be able to find his way out of this green labyrinth by starlight.

He started forward again, still sparing half an ear in case his rampaging Kalona friend decided to make an appearance. Focused on the path he'd just walked, it took him a moment to realize that there was movement coming from in front of him, a modest ways off yet but drawing closer. Aruna immediately melted into the shadows provided by another tree, this one's branches covered in thick tufts of needles that left a muffling carpet underfoot. It took some time for the other to come into his line of sight, and his misgivings receded slightly. Despite the antlers, it appeared to be a mare, her coat the deep red of crushed berries with a smattering of darker bands across her legs and muzzle. Not a predator of any kind from what he could see, though it was sometimes difficult to tell among the natives. He surveyed her from his hiding place, admiring her long, lovely legs and the beckoning lift of her tail, but also noting her preoccupation with the surrounding woods. She appeared tranquil, calm, and he weighed such temperament against the dangerous points that crowned her skull. Eventually, he slid from the eaves and deliberately posed himself in a patch of weak moonlight. Better that she see him coming than think he was attempting to sneak up on her. "Why, hello to you, milady. I hope you'll forgive my audacity when I say what a welcome vision you are, even at this odd hour."

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:36 pm
At times she wished she could see the stars above in the old forest, as the stars were beautiful on cool crisp nights such as these. Flidais had no worries of loosing her footing for she was so familiar with these woods that her footing was always sure and strong, unafraid of misstepping. A gentle breeze rolled through, gently rustling the leaves from their spots above. The scarlet mare's ears flickered at the small gust that passed through the forest. With the passing winter season, nights could vary in temperature. It seemed this night would be a cooler one.

Flidais took evenly paced steps, in no hurry to return to the camp she had set up when she had arrived to the magnificent forest, eyes surveying the night scene with a calmness that rivaled the most placid of lakes. Her emerald orbs went from canopy to forest floor, from the great pines on her left to the might oaks on her right, from the soft hoots of owls to the quiet skittering of mice on the few dried leaves, ears perked and alert at the sounds of life around her. There were few who understood Flidais' fascination and connection with the natural world, though she was more than happy to clarify and answer any questions regarding her habits and interests, but that was all fine with her. If the Cerynei could simply tell her story she believed it might one day instill the same fascination and respect that she had.

There was the soft sound of footsteps approaching her and Flidais lifted her head to see who, or what, was upon her. In a soft beam of moonlight, a stallion stood before her. His eyes were a bright red that reminded her of the spider lilies that she had seen in a place much further from here. Her expression was quizzical as she looked him over, head tilted slightly with one brow arched and the other furrowed. His back was covered in an array for scales, primarily black with a few spots of red and white, though it appeared that part of his body had been injured recently, as there was an area among his scales that were thinner and shorter than those around them. This stallion, while a stranger, did not seem to be one that would impose harm upon her.

With a soft hum and a small smile, Flidais gently bowed her head in greeting. "Hello, stranger. I am surprised to see another out this late in these woodlands. I am Flidais." With a lift of her head, the mare gazed at the stranger across from her. "You were once injured recently. I hope your recovery was swift."

Lady_Ourania
And here's a response for you v u v

HoneyTeaTree

Anxious Goat

Lady_Ourania

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:21 pm
It probably hadn't been the most tactful approach he'd ever tried - complimenting an unaccompanied mare at so late an hour. There was disarming, and then there was cause for alarm. Fortunately, the mare in question seemed more perplexed by his appearance than apprehensive at his words, her dark brow streaked with the feeling. Aruna stood still beneath her scrutiny, in no hurry to test her temperament by drawing closer without invitation. Southerners could be sensitive about invisible boundaries, after all, and he'd already had to learn such lessons the hard way. He sensed when her attention fell on his scars, a brief prickle running over the affected area that served as an echo of the previous pain. Such marks made for easy identification if relayed to someone searching for him, but there was no helping it. He could no more hide them than he could forgo flattery.

When she deigned to smile at him, the stallion grinned jauntily back, privately relieved that she seemed to be one of the more civil creatures he'd encountered. "You might say I keep odd hours, lady, though I'll admit the woodlands aren't my preferred venue for a nightly romp. Necessity sometimes drives us down the road less traveled, however, and far be it from me to complain about the current company."

He had her name without undue wrangling, and he acknowledged as much with a slight nod. Flidais. Unusual, yet suited enough to one who walked and arrayed herself in greenery as she did. "Call me Kieran," he lied smoothly, borrowing the name of one of his previous acquaintances without so much as a pang of conscience. Pseudonyms were a regular part of his travels, a simple way to confuse anyone who meant to track his movements. To the musicians who had bequeathed him so much of their time and talent, he had been Finn; the Kalona who had taken a chunk out of him had needed no introduction, and so Aruna had forgone the exercise. Still, better safe than sorry, even in a place so removed from civilization.

Flidais' straightforward mention of his wounds made his expression flicker slightly, an almost unnoticeable hesitation before he chuckled warm as wood smoke. His head turned to eye the marred flesh himself, tone slightly wry as he replied. "Ah, yes. It remains somewhat unsightly, does it not? An unfortunate misunderstanding. I have it on good authority that it should look much improved with time, and the healer appeared to know his craft well enough." He returned his focus to her, and winked at the well-wishes, amused by the earnestness strung throughout. All this saying precisely what you meant business could be a balancing act of sorts for someone with his unique proclivities. "I appreciate your concern all the same. It is a refreshing change from the last few days."

Stepping lightly along the forest floor, he considered their surroundings. The play of shadows through the trees made it difficult to see anyone coming, but he figured a Kalona crashing through the underbrush would have been sufficiently noisy warning. "If I may counter your question, what brings you here so late at night? A tryst, perhaps? Or an errand far less enticing?" She did not seem the type, but assumptions were dangerous if indulged in too frequently. Plus outrageous questions could sometimes provoke truth more easily than polite probing.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 12:00 am
Flidais hummed in response the stallion's statement. Odd hours indeed. It was unusual to come across another such as her in the woods so late at night, she could only think of a few chance times she had encountered another Soquili out in the forest and when she had, she had stayed far from them. Usually those that were lurking during the night were predators and the scarlet mare had no intentions of becoming a meal any time soon.

She tipped her horned head at the name given, voice calm as the most placid of lakes. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Kieran." It was a strange name that felt odd as it rolled off her tongue. Too sharp for her tastes, but he was someone from a foreign land and she knew how different names could be from place to place. Cultures always varied with the languages and customs, she knew that what was odd to her was beautiful to someone else. Perhaps she would grow to appreciate the male's name as she used it, only time would tell.

A slight smile pulled at the mare's lips, watching with a somewhat amused gaze as he spoke of his past injury. His use of language was certainly different from what she had grown used to. It was more poetic compared to how many of her herd members spoke, too refined for anyone of a simpler background to obtain. The smile only grew as the mare caught the quick wink that Kieran gave her and she shook her head as she huffed a light laugh. "I hope your days continue to be better from here on then. No one should have to face ill-will on their travels."

As Kieran posed his own question, Flidais began to walk once more, headed to her small camp as the night went on. There was no sense in standing still and she could only assume that Kieran would enjoy a rest depending on how far he had traveled after his dangerous encounter. Even though his injury had already healed, there was still treatment that could be given to the area to quicken the healing process and the small scales that budded out on the still light pink flesh would be fully matured much sooner. With a glance over her slender shoulder, emeralds glanced warmly back at her new-found acquaintance inviting him to walk with her.

"I am here searching for reagents for making medicine, a hobby of mine, and on a pilgrimage of sorts, I suppose." Flidais watched the path before her, steps soft and graceful as her hooves hit the ground. "This forest was once my home, I spent many a night here to reflect on my life and the world around me. I try to return here every so often to thank the spirits that have guided me so far."

She glanced to the stallion beside her, ready with a new question to ask. "When was last you ate and rested? I have supplies and rations at my camp that you are more than welcome to use should you need it."

Lady_Ourania
ahhhh I'm so sorry for making you wait so long. Life and school decided to be a bit crazy, but it's sorted out now!

HoneyTeaTree

Anxious Goat

Lady_Ourania

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:15 pm
Flidais' voice seemed cast to soothe at all times, to relax any who heard it. Intentional? Aruna wondered, or simply habit borne of wandering predominantly in quiet places? In another, it would have provoked a healthy sense of wariness; the softest speakers were usually the ones that went unheard until they were behind you. But studying her in the sparse light, the kirin could find nothing dangerous about her. Too maternal, judging from her immediate interest in his injured side. Horned, yes, but also beflowered. It could have been that she was an immensely clever hunter, one who knew to hide what she was, but none of his usual alarms were ringing.

"Likewise," he replied as she repeated his fake name, not missing a beat. It sounded stranger in her mouth than it had in his, and for a moment he wondered if she suspected it to be a falsehood. His mind worked double-time while he kept his expression up, trying to find the trail that might have led her to his deception. But it quieted at her smile, her words serving to calm him further. No, she believed him. Good. That would make anything that followed much less complicated.

And she didn't appear to mind his minor flirtations, either. Her laugh, more breath than sound, pleased him. He'd been starting to wonder if his humor translated or not. "My hopes run in a similar vein, lady. Entertaining as it is to run from certain death, it isn't something I'd advocate on a regular basis. At least your goodwill dispels the rest."

She turned away, and he fell silent, wondering if he'd misspoken. But Flidais did not leave him alone for long, her backward glance laden with suggestion enough to spur falling into step with her. No warm-blooded stallion would willfully turn down a lovely creature on a cold night. And it was growing cold, he realized, a barely-restrained shiver running from spine to tufted tail. Still, he angled his ears in her direction, listening to her explanation. Nothing so distracting as a midnight meeting, then, though mention of medicine and a pilgrimage piqued his interest. The first dovetailed nicely with his other observations, her sympathetic bearing and the way she'd immediately zeroed in on his injuries.

Her admission was followed by a reference to spirits, and he carefully kept his face vacant. The real Kieran had invoked something similar during the nights they'd spent together. A local superstition, most likely, not that he was one to spit in the eye of someone else's god. "My luck does seem to have turned around, to meet two healers in such short succession," he remarked lightly. "Though I must admit to some curiosity regarding your pilgrimage, I'll say that you do seem suited to this place." Her soft steps were akin to his own, though he doubted she bore a drop of kirin blood. "It's difficult to imagine you against a different backdrop." She would have been terribly out of place up north, for instance, bright and floral enough to draw attention. Nothing green lived well in his homeland.

Her questions drew a short laugh, his mottled tail flipping in her direction so that the furred end caught her deliberately on the thigh. "Careful, Flidais, all that hospitality will earn you a permanent guest. Really, though, I must ask that you not trouble yourself over me." He used his horn to push aside a low-hanging bough, allowing her antlers to pass by before releasing it to the twang of green wood. "And I would not compromise your work, pleasant as it is to have someone fuss," he confided in a stage whisper, smirk unrepentant. The other healer had fussed, too, though the foal he'd had in tow had obliterated their chances at any extracurricular activities.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:28 am
"No, I suppose not. Avoiding certain death does sound a tad tiring, I must say." The mare continued her path with even steps. She had walked it so many a time she need not truly look where her feet stepped to know where she was in the old forest. Flidais had found that spending so many years in a place that was ever changing with the seasons made one more inclined to learn the twists and paths all the more quickly. After all, while food was plentiful in certain seasons, getting lost could become a fatal mistake. "I find that many people in this area pay their goodwill forward, so I do hope that trend goes in your favor."

The chill of the night air hardly bothered her anymore. She had grown accustomed to it's cold bite and the scarlet mare simply continued on her way. While the thought of the warm fire at her small campsite was a comfort, she found no great urge to rush off, instead taking her time as she guided Kieran through the dark wood. Perhaps it was a tad cruel to make the creature wait to warm himself, but she found herself oddly curious about her new companion. She found it strange that she had come to find him at such an odd hour of the night, though she wasn't one to question the habits of others, and she knew that quiet walks could often be the most efficient spur for conversation.

Her ears flickered at his voice and she gave a nod of her horned crown. "I suppose it is a tad uncanny," she hummed, a breath of laugh passing her lips. "Though I find many here take to medicinal arts in some fashion. I have found many a teacher and taught just as many my ways. There is always something to learn." Her curled hair bounced as she turned her head and smiled at his comment. Yes, she could understand the curiosity. There were many a time she had considered returning to her home in the forest, but it was not her path, not yet. The herd she had joined had much to offer her and she had much to offer it; truly a symbiotic relationship. "Ah, there are many nights I think of returning here, but I find that I enjoy the company of others. The solitude of this great wood is peaceful, but I believe it best to have someone to share stories with. While trees make wonderful listeners, they do not offer much in return."

Her skin jumped as she felt his tail graze her thigh and she simply shook her head, amused with his antics. "Ah but I must. It is simply my way," She replied coolly, ducking her head as he bent a still young branch out of her way, glancing back at him in silent thanks. Though his words were smooth and laced with the hints of something more sultry, she simply gave an amused huff, a roll of her shoulders, and turned her head away from his speckled complexion to resume strolling along her unmarked path. "I can only wonder how true that is, Kieran," came her soft reply. It seemed he was not one to withhold his flirtations.

"We are not far off from my camp and I do insist on treating your injuries. I feel I must do my part in your recovery now that we've crossed paths. Do allow me the small placation of my worries." Her emerald eyes looked to the great trees above her before looking back to the stallion beside her, a sparkle lighting the green depths. "Now then, Kieran, what can you tell me of where you hail from? I do enjoy the tales of travelers."

Lady_Ourania
I just realized I never quoted you when I replied to this thread last, omg... OTL I'm so sorry. I hope you didn't think I forgot about this, I love Flidais and Aruna's interactions in this thread so much ;u;

HoneyTeaTree

Anxious Goat

Lady_Ourania

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:01 pm
"As a stallion who does not tire easily, let me be the first to agree with that assessment," he said, a suggestive smile still tracing his mouth. Aruna had already resolved to stick to harmless flirtation, something in the mare's mannerisms warding against anything more physical. Despite the occasional flare of something akin to intimacy in her expression, and the environment around them practically begging to be utilized for a lovers' romp, the exchange felt off. It might have had something to do with her vocation: healers were a sensitive lot, and one so isolated might misunderstand that they were a brief preoccupation. Or maybe she understood that perfectly well, and had no desire to engage beyond sporadic rejoinders. Regardless of the reason, Aruna could respect that she continued to weather his company with good humor.

"I'm afraid I have no head for healing, myself. I suspect it's for the best, given my aversion to pain in general." A kirin who preferred to steer his talents elsewhere was hardly of note in his homeland, but Flidais' words implied that choice to be uncommon in these parts. Claiming squeamishness seemed the simplest deflection, not so invested in his own masculinity as to concoct an involved lie. "No doubt that it's an admirable profession; and I don't say that because I would be in a much sorrier state without it... though that does lend a keener appreciation, I suspect."

He listened to her own explanations with half an ear, a quiver of warning tickling its way across his ribs in subconscious recognition. Threat, it said, and Aruna carefully moved only his eyes to assess the situation, casting his attention outward without being too obvious. Was that a shadow moving deeper out in the forest, another's scent catching on the edge of his senses? And if so, was it something tracking them, or a creature minding its own business? Hard to tell, though the affected silence implied that they were not, at least, the same bellowing kalona who had so recently left him with a lasting mark. The stallion made note of it anyway, unwilling to be taken by surprise a second time. No need to frighten his companion with needless speculation, not without basis. If it became a problem, Flidais appeared to know these woods well enough to make an escape, though with her striking color and the wreath of fragrant flowers she wore, tracking her wouldn't be an issue.

The lilt in her voice called him back, recognizing a question that required some form of response. As with anything, Aruna had to pick and choose the narrative he wished to stick to over the course of this encounter. It couldn't be too outlandish, nor so packed with deceit that he might trip over it from one sentence to the next. But if traveling this far south had taught him anything, it was that most could be put off with a little truth and a healthy amount of misdirection.

"I wish I had something of interest to share, Flidais, but my homeland doesn't have much to its name," he intoned with just a touch of mock mourning, a real enough grimace gracing his features. "We've nothing like the greenery you enjoy here, that's for certain. More sand and stone than anything truly alive. And the people... well, it's little wonder that I elected travel over other kinds of work." He shrugged, the scales that rode on his shoulders glinting in the diffused light in case their friend was still paying them any mind. Such a gesture cultivated just the right amount of casual ambiguity he was going for, and also showcased what an unappetizing target he made. Nothing like having to crunch through scales before hitting flesh, after all. But he needed to keep up the flow of conversation, make it normal by virtue of aimless chatter.

"Now if you want a fantastical tale, you need not look too far from this place. Take, for example, a herd I encountered some months back, cut off from the world by mountainous regions, under cover of a persistent mist. I'd been lost for days at this point, mind you, turned around by unfamiliar landmarks and the weather. Imagine my surprise when I stumbled across a group of them after leagues of featureless fog, only for them to pay me no heed. Apparently they view outsiders as little more than illusions, and worship man-made gods as a matter of course." He chuckled to himself at that, shaking his head slightly. "It takes all kinds, I know, and far be it from me to question someone else's belief system. But it was strange, to be treated like a shadow, a trick of the eye and nothing more..." He trailed off wistfully, using the borrowed second to peer between Flidais' antlers for further sign of pursuit. "Not an experience I'd choose to repeat any time soon."

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:41 pm
As the pair promenaded through the woods, the occasional sound turning her ear. Flidais was practiced in her nights out in the woods, having done so for several years prior her joining of her newest herd, and she knew better than to relax on even the most pleasant of nights. There were always creatures lurking, some friendly and some not so much, and while it was easy to keep her presence unknown by just herself, having the company of another made it difficult to conceal any sign of existence. Though it seemed Kieran was also rather guarded, perhaps even more so than she was; she could understand the unease since Kieran was in an unfamiliar area and had endured injury.

"Healing's not for everyone. Though herbalism has many paths and those that have difficulty with creating healing concoctions sometimes have better luck with making poisonous salves and potions," came her reply. Though most would consider her explanation trivial and unnecessary, she had no idea how much knowledge Kieran had of the area and what things he had come to learn. Flidais had little care if someone was capable of healing or not. In fact she found those that partook in other talents far more interesting and enjoyed encountering them, the rare gems that they were in her world. "I find the task of healers far more paltry compared to those that service the community in other ways. Scholars, protectors and their ilk, offer much more to me through both their stories and talents. Though it is always nice to know my skills will be appreciated." There was a playful glint in her eyes as she glanced at the black and white Kirin that was accompanying her.

A sound made her pause and the scarlet figure cocked her head to better hear it out. The mare's emerald eyes scanned the area before coming to the conclusion that it was nothing harmful, merely an owl. She daintily began to move along the forest floor once more at her smooth gate. There was no reason to hurry her pace, in fact it would be foolish to move much faster than the pairs current rate of movement. "We should reach my camp momentarily. I'm sure a warm fire will do you well after a no doubt stressful day you've endured."

A huff of a laugh escaped her as his words caught her ears. "Come there must be something interesting. Even the smallest morsel of information, something more than stone and sand, would be heaven to my ears. Customs, culture, anything interesting at all, Kieran?" Flidais mused as she continued to guide him the rest of the way. It wouldn't be too much further now; it was all muscles memory at this rate and the forest's path was like a well known friend at this point.

The mare looked over her shoulder once more as her companion went on and told of his grand excursions. Flidais had never heard of such a place, but perhaps that was incredibly intentional. "My, that sounds unnerving. I could understand distrust of outsiders, but to ignore them completely like they were never there... I would love to know about their reasoning behind it."

"Ah, it seems we're here! It's nothing fancy, but it's cozy and has a fire to keep back the cold at night." Flidais carefully tread to the small fire pit and stroked small chunks the flint and steel to get the fire going, adding more kindling and stray pieces of wood into the growing pit of embers and flame. Two beds of thick pine needles, moss and foliage resided near the base of an old, thick oak tree, a few satchels filled with food and collected materials from the day resting beside one of them. "I know it's nothing terribly fancy, but they're quite comfortable. Now please, settle down and let me take a look at your wound. I should be able to apply some healing salves that will help your scales recover." She gestured to one of the beds with her antlered head, already heading to one of the pouches to retrieve the medicine in question.

HoneyTeaTree

Anxious Goat

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces