Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:36 pm
User Image

What a gorgeous day. The sun shone bright and hot, and the cool breeze blowing in off the sea kept the air from getting too warm. The water crashing against the cliffs provided a beautiful beat for the melody of wind whistling through the fjord. The delicious scents of warmed highland grass and mint were carried by each gust.

To Kirabein, the day couldn't be more perfect. Unless Tryggr was here to enjoy it with her.

It had been a few weeks since her loving mate had 'captured' her while viking, and the skeletal lioness was settling in nicely. She had happily adopted the tasks of hunting, keeping the den she shared with Tryggr tidy, and helping around the pride with cub-sitting and general labor that the Freeborn and Reavers shouldn't be bothered with. While some of her pridemates were less than polite with her, for the most part, they were all decent - and Tryggr was usually there to beat off the disrespectful ones. There was only one thing she had yet to do since coming to her new home, and with Tryggr away again, now was the time to do it - meeting her mate's mother.

As she padded to where the lioness stood waiting for her, she marveled at how beautiful her mother-in-law was. She reached the pale warrior and smiled.

"Sebor? I'm Kirabein. It's nice to meet you."

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:29 pm
User Image Sebor had heard from a few fellow Reavers that one of her sons had brought home a Thrall not too long ago. Initially she was appalled, especially when she found out that Thrall was female. She had raised her children to respect females and males alike and it was a surprise that Tryggr, of all of her children, had brought someone back as a prize. He was so mild mannered and under the radar that she had half a mind to go smack him around. Thankfully Tryggr's sister, Fastny, had gotten to Sebor before she had gotten to him, and she had explained what was actually going on.

That sat much better with the older lioness. Taking someone in as a Thrall to use them as a slave never felt right to her, but taking someone in that wanted to come for protection was something else entirely. And the fact that he seemed quite taken with her was another bonus.

And so it was that Sebor was heading to meet this new member of her family. She had no doubt in her mind she was a nice lioness. Tryggr wouldn't have taken anyone less than that. When she was approached by a rather striking lioness, though, she had to admit she was taken aback.

"You're Kirabein?" she asked, raising a brow as she surveyed the hellish markings. Skull and bones...a good pelt for a Stormborn to be sure, but one that was kind and quiet? A bit ironic.

"I was expecting someone a bit less fearsome looking," she admitted, finally meeting the other lioness' pale gaze.

Rennekae

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:02 pm
Kira's immediate reaction was something akin to despair; her beloved's mother had just looked at her, and already seemed to disapprove! Relief flooded through her as Sebor finished her thought, and Kira realized the lioness was more shocked than disgusted. She laughed gently, her smile softening her rose eyes.

"My pelt is quite deceiving," she chuckled. "I'm grateful for it, though; its helped me avoid a lot of unwanted conflict. You're just as pretty as I expected, if you don't mind me saying."

Kira dipped her head respectfully to the older lioness, hoping her compliment wasn't overstepping some line. She had been raised to pay compliments to everyone, but it seemed that a lot of the creatures she had met reacted poorly to them. The dark lioness wanted to make a good impression, so she defaulted to her mother's teachings.

"I'm glad we finally get to talk to each other. I promise I'm not as savage as my fur suggests."

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:15 pm
Sebor snorted softly at the compliment Kira had given her. No one had ever called her pretty, not while she was a rogue nor while she was in the Stormborn. She didn't brush off the compliment, though, knowing that the younger lioness was trying to make nice with her.

"Oh, I wouldn't have minded if you were," she said without shame. "Surprised, yes, but that's all. Tryggr isn't as much of a go-getter as his siblings, so a wild mate really wouldn't suit him. You...you seem like the perfect fit though. Having known you all of two seconds."

She tilted her head before circling the female slowly, taking her in. She wasn't sickly, she didn't have any massive scars, and she was a decent size. "You're all right with your rank, are you?" she asked as she returned to Kira's front, her eyes narrowed. "I won't stand for it if Tryggr brought you here forcefully. Thralls aren't the happiest lions here and I won't have my son turning into a chauvinistic delinquent."

Rennekae

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:49 pm
"Oh, well, thank you," Kira all but blustered. It was nice to hear that Tryggr's mother thought the two went well together. The little statement on the end wanted to make it less special, but Kira shrugged it off. It's not like she was hiding anything about herself, so that opinion shouldn't change.

The oddly marked lioness stood calmly as Sebor inspected her. She had kind of figured it would happen, and it wasn't exactly an uncommon occurrence since she'd joined the pride recently. She was a bit more muscular and maybe a little larger than several of the other rogue females she'd met, but she figured in a pride like this, it was kind of a bonus.

Kira quirked her head at the initial question - I thought captured rogues couldn't rise in the ranks? - but any confusion was cleared up as Sebor explained her query. And Kira couldn't help but laugh.

"I'm sorry, but the idea of Tryggr being chauvinistic or a delinquent is just too funny. He's much too sweet for that," she chuckled. "Of course I'm happy here; we talked about it at length before I agreed to return with Tryggr. While I know it isn't glamorous or respected, I'm content with my duties and Tryggr makes sure I don't get hassled too much."

Kira was touched by Sebor's concern. Though, she supposed it should have been expected from the lioness that raised her Tryggr.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:06 pm
Sebor gave a quiet 'mm' as Kira spoke. Good. She knew she had raised her cubs right, but there were outside influences that she had no control over now. She knew Tryggr and Fastny had gone out on their first Viking with a less-than-savory Captain, so she had been a bit worried some of his thoughts and views might have rubbed off on them.

"Well, if he does ever do anything to upset you, feel free to come tell me. I'll set him straight," she said seriously. "Not that I feel that he will. He's a good boy." She finally sat down, indicating she was growing comfortable with her new daughter in-law. "So. Were you a rogue your whole life before coming here?" she asked. She had been born in the rogue lands and lived her whole life there up until a few years ago. It was only then that she decided to try out pridal life.

Rennekae

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:51 pm
Kira blinked slowly and nodded at Sebor's offer. She didn't feel that she needed to respond, especially since the pale lioness had taken the words straight from her mouth. Tryggr would never do anything like that.

Taking Sebor's change of position as a cue, Kira also settled back onto her haunches. At the question, she shifted a little uncomfortably, but her expression remained neutral and she tried to keep any awkwardness out of her answer.

"For the most part, yes. My mother was a rogue, and I never met my father. I was her only child and we lived together until I was almost an adult. Unfortunately she was killed and I lived alone after that until I was approached by a nice lion looking to start a pride. I agreed but all the other felines dispersed before it ever really got started. Not long after, when I was on my own again, Tryggr found me," Kira paused, hoping she hadn't rambled too much. "Have you always lived here?"

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:30 pm
From the way Kira reacted Sebor could tell she had touched a raw nerve. She didn't withdraw her statement, though, and sat expectantly waiting for an answer. When she got one she nodded a bit, able to see why she might be reluctant to answer.

"I'm sorry about your mother," she said, her gruff voice sincere. "And for Tryggr's sake I'm glad the other pride didn't work out. I've been here for a few years now," she added when asked about her own past. "But before that I was a rogue, born and bred. When I joined here there was a stigma against females, that they were weaker and only good for cub rearing and den minding, which was part of the reason I joined. I wanted to show them females could do anything males could do, and then some. Thankfully a new Warlord took hold and now things are much better. There's still some that think females are beneath them, so keep an eye out for those males."

She rolled her shoulders a bit, an amused look on her face. "But I'm sure Tryggr's warned you about that already. He seems pretty keen about keeping you safe and happy, which is good. That's the way I raised him. He takes a lot after his father, too, so that always is helpful."

Rennekae

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:20 pm
Kira nodded gratefully to Sebor - she truly appreciated the condolences, but her mother's death still stung after all these years, and she'd prefer to let that subject pass. She smiled at the amber-eyed lioness' response to her previous 'pride' falling apart. She hadn't seen it that way yet - although, to be honest, she hadn't thought about that pride since meeting Tryggr.

"You're very admirable. While I don't have the disposition for fighting, there are plenty of females like yourself that could easily send a lot of males running with their tails between their legs - or removed." Kira smiled teasingly at Sebor, even while thinking the statement could very well be true.

She nodded at her mother-in-law's next statement. "Tryggr has definitely warned me - and even pointed a few out. He wants me to try to defend myself, but I don't know if I have it in me." Kira finished with her head dipped, a little embarrassed about not having any real 'spit-fire' in her, especially in this pride and in front of a lioness so full of spunk.

Her skull-painted head raised quickly, however, at mention of Tryggr's father. It wasn't a common topic between the two. "Is Trygrr's father in the pride as well? I haven't heard much about him."

SilverLutz
Not to say Tryggr is embarrassed. It just actually hasn't come up, so now's a good time to rp her finding out he's a demi-god lol

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:03 pm
"Yeah, you seem a bit soft," Sebor said bluntly. Kira cut an imposing figure with her build and her pelt, but it was easy to see just in the way she carried herself that she wasn't a fighter. That was good, though. Thralls that put up a fight were put back in their place by others. Thralls that kept their heads down and did as they were told were left alone. Once the pride got to know her and could see that she was sweet and would listen, no one would bother her.

"But don't you worry. Tryggr's got a big family. If he's not around, one of his siblings or I will be to smack some idiots around for you," she added with a snort. "They'll learn."

At the question she tilted her head, wondering why Tryggr had never told her. It wasn't as if Talfrid had played a huge part in their lives, so she supposed he had never come up, but with how curious Kira was it was clear she'd been sitting on the question for a while.

"No, he's not. He's the god of chivalry," she said with a small hint of a smile. "Which makes sense when you know Tryggr. He gets his determination from me, but everything else comes from Talfrid."

Rennekae

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:39 am
Kira smiled warmly, the idea of being offended never even crossing her mind. She was soft, and she saw it as a perk, not a flaw. Her mother had impressed that upon her. Besides, how could she be upset when Sebor had all but welcomed her to the family? Her joy at being accepted and, better yet, offered protection was not going to be dulled by being called "soft".

Kira had to admit, the answer totally stunned her. A God? That was unexpected. Although, it did totally fit, now that Sebor mentioned it. Kira had to laugh, a short, elated bark.

"Well, that was a bit of a shock, but also completely understandable," she beamed. "I wanted to ask Tryggr, but with how much he talked about you and his siblings and the fact that Talfrid never came up, I thought his father might be a sore nerve. I guess it was more "out of sight, out of mind" though."

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:29 pm
The surprise was amusing and it made Sebor chuckle softly. "It's fairly common among those in this pride. You'll find quite a few large lions walking around that can claim some sort of god as a parent. But yes, he and his siblings are all quite concerned with doing the right thing. Some with more gusto than others."

She gave a little hum before standing once more, glad she had met her new in-law but ready to move on. She wasn't one for small talk, after all. Once she learned what she wanted to know she wasn't usually interested in talking.

"It's been very nice meeting you, Kirabein, and I do hope to see more of you in the future. Maybe some little skeletons running around?" she added, arching a brow. "I'm not getting any younger and some grandcubs would be nice."

Rennekae

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:16 pm
Kira nodded, intrigued by the fact that God-relations were so commonplace with other lions. She had never met anyone that had admitted to having God's blood in them, and yet Sebor acted like it was nothing special. Perhaps it wasn't. Who was she to know how often the Gods took mortal mates?

Once again following the older lioness' example, Kira rose to her paws as Sebor did, assuming that this meant their little meeting was over.

"Yes, this was nice. We should meet again with the rest of the family around." Kira's pelt warmed slightly at Sebor's forthright question. She and Tryggr had been trying, but that wasn't something she really wanted to discuss. Instead, she said simply, "No need to worry; we're hoping cubs are a part our lives quite soon."

With a respectful bow, Kira turned away; with a flick of her tail meant to be a wave, she padded back toward the den she shared with Tryggr, planning on shaking out the pelts they used as a bed. They were getting rather dusty.

SilverLutz
Finit. :3
Thanks for the roleplay! Sebor is a great character.

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games