Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:06 pm
AstoriaFallen

User Image

"And make sure that when you see Raja you tell him -"

"Yes, yes," the lion gently pushed the lioness's paw away from his cheek and hazarded a wry smile. Some way, some how, she had managed to locate her son in the middle of nowhere and when he'd least expected it. Frankly, the fact his mother was even near the Stormborn territories should have had alarm bells ringing in his ears, at least briefly, but for some reason it didn't... Perhaps it was largely due to the fact that she had a way of getting herself out of trouble and she was immortal.

"And if you see your sister -"

"I know!" he said with a laugh and batted her paw away again with a brief shake of his head. "I promise I'll let them know about your party," he reassured her and lifted his own paw to bat at her forehead. "And I'll tell them where it is as well. We'll all show up, I promise," he continued and cleared his throat. "But it's been nearly six months mother, I really do need to show my face so that the pride don't think that I'm dead."

"I suppose," the petite goddess agreed. "You're sure you'll remember?"

"Yes," he repeated.

"One hundred -"

"Mother," he interjected and prodded her with his paw. "I promise, now as much as I love you, you really must let me go," he said with just a hint of exasperation.

...He received a tut in response.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:14 am
Epine de Rose

User Image The relationship his siblings and he had with his mother should be counted as a blessing to him. He hadn't known that he had other siblings elsewhere, though that was due to the fact that they had been born first and quite a long ways away from where his mom and Primitus now lived.

Still, he realized that he should take that as good fortune that his mother had raised them to be just and kind, despite their lineage. Though there were times in which Areo was reminded of who had sired him and his sisters and it made his lip curl with distaste at the thought.

Enough of that. It was on to other things. He was mainly scouting the area, looking for trouble and on the look for lost souls that needed a home. The pridelands were always looking and always open towards those in need and he was your friendly neighborhood lion just trying to make a little difference in the world.

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:29 am
AstoriaFallen

He finally managed to escape his fussing mother after a few more reassurances, and once she had flown out of view he made a beeline for the nearest route home. He really had been out in the 'wilderness' for much too long, and given the Bahari'mtoto, they would be liable to think that the world had brought misfortune upon him. It wasn't that they were a negative pride, it was simply that he often forgot to send word via passing rogues or merchants, that he was still very much alive.

...That, and he hadn't really been sending back his findings lately either.

He'd gotten distracted to say the least and he had failed in his attempt to persuade the lioness he had accompanied not to embark on such a dangerous quest. Thus they had gotten separated and while he had tried to find her, his success was limited. He'd only heard hints and rumours of her whereabouts and they had turned out to be dead ends. Unfortunate, but he saw no way to recover her at this point and could only assume the worst.

It was with a heavy heart that he had started on his journey back home after that, both due to the loss of his companion and the knowledge that he hadn't exactly done his job while he was out here. it was just as well that the Bahari were benevolent!

Nevertheless, it wasn't long before he caught sight of the approaching lion on his trail. Frankly, it wasn't difficult to spot something that was similar to a walking shadow in the distance... All things considered, he was a bit of a polar opposite to this one...

"Good morning!" he chimed pleasantly.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:58 am
Epine de Rose

So far things had been fairly quiet, which was good. He liked it when things were peaceful, though he didn't mind having to put his paw down once in a while and putting others in their place. He liked the authority a little bit.

He did have to say he was pleased with his overall relationship with his mother and siblings. There were those that had no connection with their family what so ever so he considered himself quite fortunate.

A voice tore him from his thoughts and he smiled warmly at the male. "Morning! It's nice to see a friendly face."  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:25 pm
"Indeed," Solomon agreed as he was acknowledged and took a moment to assess the black lion. Clearly he had knocked Areo out of his own thoughts, but the darker lion seemed to have taken it in his stride and he wasn't too bothered. No doubt when he was ready, he would be able to sleep back into his own musings and Solomon would politely leave him to his own devices.

"There's quite a few of us," Solomon added and shook his head. "At least I've had the pleasure of meeting quite a few while I've been out here," he continued. He'd been travelling for quite some time himself but he wouldn't boast to being an expert on any area other than his own home. Still, he knew enough to know when he was in a good or bad area...and so far he had stuck to being in the safer areas.

...That generally meant he had friendlier encounters.

"Clearly you've been heading in the wrong direction if you've met less," he finished with a chuckle.

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:48 pm
Epine de Rose
Ya know... It's been two years since we started these rps.
AND THAT is my fault. orz.......

He was quite thrilled to hear that most of those around here were friendly, as he had mostly found out by visiting the Kizi recently. He had moved on this way just because they had talked so much about it.

"Clearly I have. Perhaps when I strike out again you can point me in a more friendly direction." He chuckled, "I'm Areo."

"So this is the Bahari'Mtoto?" He was fairly certain he had said it right, though he could be wrong. Either way it was close to what he remembered others talking about before he had headed this way.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:13 am
"Correct," Solomon replied simply and tilted his head to the side. "You've stumbled upon one of the nicer, more hospitable prides in the region," he confirmed and glanced about him. While there was no one immediately nearby, it probably wouldn't be difficult to find someone else to converse with if one felt so inclined. Whether it was on the borders, or by the sea itself, there was usually someone doing something.

...Even if it didn't necessarily look like they were doing anything useful at all.

"I'm Solomon," he added after a moment or two. "I'd ask what brings you to the region but that feels like a rather generic question, and it's one you've probably heard more than once by now," he cleared his throat. "So perhaps I might suggest you get your paws on some food instead, we have a fair few delicacies you might be interested in."

There, that was reasonably different, wasn't it?

AstoriaFallen
No comment. =P

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:42 pm
Epine de Rose
I am never doing en mass rps again lol. I burned myself out >>

That was quite fortunate for the dark male, he was hoping to run into a peaceful pride and not a hostile one. While he was certain he'd be able to hold his own at least now he didn't have to worry about thoughts like that.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Solomon." It was such a strong sounding name, an honest name of sorts. He liked it and he liked this lion so far.

"While it is a question I hear often I wouldn't mind talking about it while we check out this selection you have to offer me." Food did sound wonderful right about now and it would give him a chance to see some of this pride.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:43 pm
really internet??? >> another dbl post  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:09 am
Solomon chuckled as he motioned for the lion to follow, food was the better conversation starter in this case and it would prevent the discussion from becoming too mundane. They'd be allowed to talk to one another regarding the standard, cliche topics... but this would be in the midst of introducing Areo to exactly how this pride lived and hunted. To say that he would have an experience in the process would be an understatement to say the least!

"Then you can regale me of tales of your adventure as we make our way to the shore," Solomon wouldn't ask pointed questions, merely listen to whichever conversations that the lion felt comfortable discussing. Whether that be where he was from, why he left, or where he was going would be entirely up to him... Solomon would provide him with information as and when it was asked for.

...Except for when they started fishing; when that happened, he'd provide the full explanation whether Areo wanted it or not!

"We won't be offering you anything," Solomon warned with a smirk. "Everything tastes better when you catch it for the first time yourself," he pointed out. "It'll be a rite of passage for you, and a story you can take with you on your travels," he finished as he continued on his way towards the spot he had selected for Areo to fish in...

AstoriaFallen
Almost done with most of them at least! Most just need closing posts. n_n

Epine de Rose

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:12 pm
Epine de Rose
I guess fin here? I suppose you could post again but really this seems done :3

As he followed along after the male he gave a smile, "I would be more than happy to share my adventures." There was much he had seen and done so there was going to be a slew of tales for him to choose from, though his thoughts were stolen away when the male mentioned there was no offering of food but a 'hunt' so to speak.

This was quite the lovely twist to the already good time he'd been having in the water loving pride. "I am all for the task at paw, I can honestly say I've never fished before so this might be a bit comical for the both of us." Who was to say, perhaps he'd get lucky on his first go.

"You may have to give me a few pointers if I look like I'm struggling at any point." Proud to be taking part of his first fishing he hoped the ordeal went over well enough.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:18 am
"You would not be the first or last to make a clown of yourself when you first enter the water," Solomon shook his head as he moved with purpose towards their destination. "Our methods are a touch different than hunting on land, there's a certain amount of finesse to it that can take a while to master depending on what you've decided to hunt." He paused briefly and moved down another beaten path, one strewn with sharp and wind battered grass.

"We'll start simple and once you have that down, we'll see what else you might be a natural at," he chuckled. He'd be curious about how this ended, some took to it like a duck to water while others struggled indefinitely. Areo could end up as one of the best hunters he'd seen and it would be a shame to have him leave again!

Alas, adventurers had their own destinies to fulfill and Areo's was unlikely to be in the Bahari.

"Once we get there we'll do a couple of stretches and dive right in, we're not far off," he finished and with that lapsed into silence as he continued to navigate towards the lagoon. It would be here that they would test his skills and explore a potential new hobby...and then after that the world would be Areo's oyster in regards to wherever his paws might take him next.

AstoriaFallen
All finished! =D

Epine de Rose

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas