Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:43 am
AstoriaFallen

User Image

Pilgrims were allowed to take as long as necessary to find themselves, to become the adult they were meant to be, and when they had done so they were meant to return home. Unfortunately for Septsis, the events that had occurred during his departure had put a spanner in the works. You see, during the period in which he had been away the Swamplands had been destroyed and his family had 'vanished' for want of a better word.

He didn't know where they had gone, whether they were still alive, all he knew that they were not where they should have been and thus he couldn't go home. Fortunately he had considerable faith in his pride though, and deep down he knew that they weren't dead, he simply needed to find them again. Thus his pilgrimage continued and he once again found himself in the a** end of nowhere...

Legitimately, he had no idea where to go, or where to even start searching for them.

...Although he was fairly certain that staring blankly into the distance wasn't going to do him any favours.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:04 am
Epine de Rose
I need to do a pilgrimage for my two Swampies still (though I think they're called mounties as they live in the mountains) BUT they are bringing life back to the swamp. XD -maybe i'll find my two swampies a new home- hmmmm

User Image As of late something had been troubling him, what it was he didn't know. So this was irritating him a little bit because he didn't know what the issue was and therefor could not fix it.

Perhaps he could find other things to occupy his mind, though that would take him finding something to do or someone to ta- there! He was instantly relieved when he spotted the white and grey male not to far ahead of him. Thank mkodi for travelers, he would be lost this day if not for the male up ahead.

With a new found pep in his step he moved forward towards the male with his best, 'I promise I'm friendly' look and gave a slight smile as he approached and spoke to the male. "Hello there! Have you travelled far?"

Simple enough question right?

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:38 am
AstoriaFallen
Swampies are yet another pride I need to catch up on. @_@;

Sepsis gave a start as Areo approached - far be it for anyone to say that he was the best and most observant scout in the world! Fortunately, it wasn't long before the lion regained his composure and despite his somewhat flustered expression, he hazarded a semi-convincing polite smile. It wasn't that he didn't trust Areo, he had bought in to the lion's pleasant demeanour, it was just that he didn't do well with people sneaking up on him in this particular manner. Given he wasn't the best at defending himself it did him no favours to be taken by surprise!

"Erm," he pondered the question for a while and then nodded slowly. "You could say that," he said at last and released a sigh. Taking a seat, he finally afforded a closer look at the lion. Suffice to say that Areo was a lot bigger than the ones he had seen in his travels and it did beg the question as to where on earth he came from. Giant lions were uncommon near the rogue lands, and for the most part, in other prides.

"Technically speaking I've been all over," he tilted his head to the side and snorted. "Except the desert, I'm not sure I can see the appeal of the desert..."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:32 am
Epine de Rose
guess you dont have to catch up on them anymore lmfao. You gonna throw him into the Nezi?

It almost seemed like he had traveled more than he had, which wasn't a bad thing or anything. It just meant they might have similar things to talk about. "I didn't find the desert all that appealing either, and I spent some time wandering through there." He gave a small scuff of a laugh.

"You out traveling for the heck of it?" He was curious, some liked to wander but sometimes there were those that did it for the good of their pride or for some other reason.

"I'm just out getting to know the lands more so I know what to better expect back in my pride when or if strange things happen."  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:55 pm
"Finding uh...my name, actually," Septsis confessed and shook his head.

"It's a thing my pride do, or I suppose, used to do," he explained and cleared his throat. He truly couldn't comment on whether they were alive or not, but given they had simply disappeared from where he should have found them, he wasn't entirely sure what had become of them. It was better to simply refer to it in past tense to ensure that the grieving process wasn't disrupted... If he received favourable news in the future, then even better.

"We send our young out into the world to find who we are," he pursed his lips. "We're given a name by our parents but we're supposed to select a name ourselves as we come of age, something we no fits us -" he sighed and shrugged his shoulders loosely. "I haven't found mine yet, I'm starting to think the one I have already might be my actual name which is pretty much unheard of for us..."

AstoriaFallen
He's an Ela now. n_n

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:50 pm
Epine de Rose

What an interesting custom. "Finding your name?" He was about to question it but he seemed to already explain it. He had heard of other prides doing similar customs, when they come of age having another name to go by. He personally liked having just one name.

"That seems like an interesting custom. I have had the same name since birth. I don't get to pick a new one." Though he was ceratin HE COULD if he really wanted to. But he was pretty set on the name he was already given.

"Well, if it turns out to be your name then I guess all the hard work is done and over with for you." he chuckled with a warm smile. "Do you think you're journey is about done? How long have you been searching for?" He was curious now.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:21 am
"I don't know," Septsis was being honest in his reply. He'd been out here for what felt like forever and so far, he hadn't felt like he'd managed to make any in-roads. Everything seemed to pose an obstacle, from his own dismissive nature around something he might take inspiration from; to the literal land itself. For all intents and purposes he really was beginning to suspect that the name Mrengo had chosen for him when he had come into this world really was his name.

...But how was he supposed to come home with that news?

"I've been searching since I barely had a mane so you can imagine it's been a while," he murmured. By now his mane had grown in spectacularly and he looked rather impressive to say the least. "Maybe it is done," he said finally and shrugged his shoulders. "But I haven't quite worked out how I'm supposed to tell everyone at home that my name hasn't changed," he remarked.

"It could prove controversial," he admitted. "In a way, I think on this occasion I would have preferred a name like yours... You know, one where it doesn't change... Not unless I specifically want it to anyway," he mused.

"It would make life much easier..."

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:36 pm
Epine de Rose
my New years resolution was to make myself finish these. I don't know where my muse went for them. I started off so strong too orz...

That was astonishing how long he had spent outside of his prides lands searching for a name. That's incredible. "I'm sure so much will have changed for you by the time you get back." If the male went back? "Have you thought of not going back?" He felt like it was a fair enough question to ask, it must have crossed the males mind at some point or another.

Areo knew it would have crossed his.

"At least you'll have gotten to see so many wonderful and interesting things." That was the plus side to the whole adventure.

"If anything you're going to have a wonderful conversation starter."  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:40 am
Septsis hazarded a smile - to say that not going back hadn't crossed his mind had been a bit of an understatement. He'd thought long and hard about it, concluding that he couldn't simply abandon his family and leave them in the dust. At the very least he needed to find them, to speak to his parents and let them know that he loved them... even if the Swamps simply weren't where he was meant to be in the future.

"It's something that I've thought about," he confirmed and released a sigh. "But I won't just disappear without a word," he explained gently. It had been a long time, but he knew his family were all too aware of the fact that unless there was a body there was always hope that he was alive. Admittedly he had yet to discover that the swamps were no more and the lions of his pride had been forced to flee into other territories to survive.

...That would certainly make it harder to find them.

"Once I've found my way back home again I need to at least tell them why I'm leaving," he explained gently. "They'll understand, but it's not fair that I leave them without saying goodbye," he pointed out. Clearly he was rather family orientated, even across such a huge divide. "But even then I still have no idea where I'd go," he added.

"Food for thought and more reason to explore further," he mused and waved his paw. "Alas, while my journey is at a standstill while I find the direction I'm meant to be heading in I think you already know yours so I'll not keep you," he remarked with another wry smile. "At least I can wish you luck on yours and have confidence that you'll get there," he finished.

...It was an opening for Areo to go on his way again, although he could opt to stay if he wished. Septsis wasn't adverse to company, he just knew that when trying to find something, time could sometimes be of the essence.

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:46 pm
Epine de Rose
we can fin in your post

"Oh no, I could completely understand that. If I was in a situation like yours and decided to take root somewhere else I'd be sure to let my family know so they wouldn't think something terrible happened to me." He definitely wouldn't suggest someone to just take leave and not let their family know where they were going. He could only imagine how his family would feel if he did something crazy like that.

"Exploration is good for the soul, so I'm sure in time you'll find what you're looking for." Giving the male a reassuring smile he hoped that things turned out well for him. "You definitely aren't keeping me but it should be about time for me to get going. Especially if you have a long journey back home." He was gracious enough for the males luck. "I appreciate your words, I hope that you have safe travels of your own." With that he gave the male a small bow of his head and gave his leave.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:39 am
And with that, the lion was on his way. Septsis would remain for a short while longer as he considered his options, but it really was about the right time for him to be getting a move on. If worst came to worse he would simply follow his mothers old advise and follow his paws, eventually it would lead him to the right location... or so his mother had claimed.

Admittedly it hadn't worked so far, but perhaps he was looking at it the wrong way.

He'd give it another attempt at least, and if luck stayed with him, perhaps he'd turn up something useful on his next 'great' adventure...

AstoriaFallen
All done!

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces