Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands [IC]
[PRP] So THAT'S what you look like. (Viher x Calder)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:47 am
AstoriaFallen

User Image

Soooo many visitors~!

They'd come and gone, held the occasional conversation, and then been on their merry way again to wherever they had declared was their next stop. It was quite the anomaly in his usually quiet days and the leopard did have to wonder what on earth had caused such a sudden spurt in movement between the various regions. He admitted that he lived a reasonably insular life but he had assumed that anything catastrophic would have given more...hints?

Here, there was nothing!

They were happy, they were healthy, and overall they barely complained. With the exception of finding the jungle to be a bit of a novelty to them, they did little more than admire the view and move on but he somehow doubted that they had all decided that it was tourist season. Frankly, there hadn't even been a tourist season until...well, now...really.

It had given him pause for thought and as he peered idly in to one of the many rock pools that lay scattered around him, he did wonder if perhaps now was one of those times when he should stick his nose out into the land-of-the-dull.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:03 pm
Epine de Rose

User ImageThis was new. Lots of trees, lots of water.

Yep, this wasn't anywhere he had been before.

Pale eyes looked around as he moved his way through the area listening to the sound of some water nearby. Perhaps he could get a drink. He was finding that he had grown quite thirsty and the more he thought about it the more he realized he needed to drink.

He licked his lips as he approached and let out a huge sigh of relief as he brought his face over towards the cool waters in the pool of rocks. THIS was what he needed right now and was half tempted to pour his whole body into it when he realized he wasn't alone and he looked up.

There was a rather large leopard not to far from him. His mother was a leopard she he knew what he was right away and didn't really have any first inclinations of fear run through him. He wasn't sure what to do. Was he trespassing? "Is this your water hole?"

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:59 am
AstoriaFallen

"Technically speaking, it's everyone's pool," Calder replied breezily, opening one eye to regard the Leotah. He'd never met a hybrid before, but he knew instantly that not everything was what it seemed. It wasn't that Viher was small, for the most part he was fairly average in size, but he was less bulky and didn't seem to have quite the same bulk to him that Calder did. Thus, without expending too much brain power, the blue leopard had concluded that Viher was not of pure blood.

Fascinating, he had mixed blood, he was one of those rare creatures - although Calder was aware there were consequences to possessing such blood and he wasn't entirely sure he wanted those consequences.

"So if you're thirsty," he waved his paw. "Have at it, no one is going to tell you off." he pointed out and then tilted his head to the side. "Except for a couple of the birds but you can ignore those, they complain about everything."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:55 am
He watched the blue leopard curiosly and was pleased to hear that he wasn't trespassing, at least as far as both of them were concerned. "Thank you. I'm sure the birds won't be THAT much of a bother." He said with a small smile in regards to the birds. He took a moment to drink from the cool pool and once his thirst was quenched he looked back over towards the blue male.

"This is a lovely place." He said in generally having seen a bit of it on his trek through the surrounding landscapes towards the pool. It wasn't terribly muggy in here and yet it was almost cool in a sense. It was nice. "You wouldn't happen to know if we're near any prides do you?" He was trying to find his way afterall, perhaps the male would know a place or two that were close.

"Yes, yes it is," Calder nodded agreeably at regarded his home with very noticeable fondness. To say he didn't love the jungle was an understatement, it would take a cataclysm to get him to leave it. While he might wander or explore now and then, he always came back to it and this was highly unlikely to ever change. Frankly, it was perhaps one opinion or request that might annoy him if pushed too hard on it... he was a jungle dweller and that was that.

However, when Viher asked about the prides he did pucker his lips and give it some thought. It had been a while since he had been out for a jaunt and in that time things may have changed. He'd met some swampland lions, some rogues... But had he met any noticeable other prides or packs that would have been of use to Viher? He wasn't entirely sure, although he did vaguely recall one with some birds in it.

"Hm...Well there was one with birds about a days travel north of here on the slopes, I vaguely remember them," he said slowly. "I'd hardly call that 'near' though," he remarked. "Although admittedly most individuals who pass through here seem to moving away from prides," he said with a chuckle. "I've heard more warnings than good stories."

He made himself comfortable and shifted slightly as he adjusted himself and then relaxed. He gazed up towards the leopard as he spoke and figured he'd probably just have to go back the way he came. He didn't mind, it was all good in his mind. It just meant more to learn, more to see. "Well, that's rather unfortunate. I'll be sure to not head north." He said with a firm nod.

"My name is Viherminttu, but you can call me something shorter if you wish." He had so many nicknames it was hard to keep track of them all. "Thank you for your input on the prides located not too far away." He was grateful to that, it would save him time. At least he wasn't going to travel north just to find out he was WAY too far in the wrong direction and have to turn around. This leopard just saved him quite a few days travel.

"Name's Calder," he returned the favour of an introduction and stretched, his tail stiffening a touch as he listened to each little bone in his spine ripple. Ah, but if that didn't feel amazing whenever he'd been lying down for so long... although as soon as he was finished he immediately lay down again which some would have argued probably defeated the purpose!

"And I'll call you Viher," he smirked and shook his head. "With a name like that you waste two whole words in a sentence," he pointed out teasingly.

"Don't mention it though," he waved a paw and then rested his cheek against it. "I mean, it's still a good jaunt away but I'm pretty sure that one won't get your killed," he continued reassuringly. "Although I would say you better be careful near the 'ocean' thing I heard some of them talk about, some dangerous folks on that end that could cause some trouble."

"It's a pleasure to meet you Calder." He gave the male a nod and a smile as he gave him a shortened version of his name and chuckled. It was true, his name was awfully long. But he had heard of longer. You couldn't help but shorten them. You waste so much time saying them afterall. "You are right, which is normally why I stick with nicknames."

He was glad for the others report of the prides and locations of which to avoid. He definitly wanted to keep his skin in tact. One could only imagine if his mother found out something bad had happened to him. It would be the end of all things to come, that was for sure. "I'll make sure to keep those places on my stay away list." He flicked his tail softly against the ground.

He gazed around the scenery a bit and then returned his gaze to Calder. "Do you live here?"

"I do indeed," Calder smirked and raised his free paw to motion to the area surrounding him. "This is my spot, typically invaded by passersby on an intermittent basis," he confirmed and shrugged his other shoulder. He soon set his paw down again and regarded Viher for a few moments. "On the otherhand, anyone who lives in the jungle is fairly laid back about these sort of things," he explained.

"There's enough food and water for everything and everyone, so sharing is a fairly standard procedure," he continued. A momentary pause and he pursed his lips, truthfully if Viher wandered deeper in he'd probably stumble upon Calder's mother somewhere!

"I think the only thing most of us would say is that you probably shouldn't bring your drama with you, danger is just...so inconvenient."

"It's a nice get up." He wouldn't mind living in a place like this if he didn't already live in a rather decent pride with his family. Plus he had a very important job skill, at least he thought so anyway.

"I would have to say there seems to be a good quantity of both here." One definitly wouldn't have to worry about going hungry or thirsty here. Though he was certain there were probably other dangers located in the jungle he wasn't aware of.

Wise words tumbled forth from the leopards mouth and he felt like his mother might say something like that. "That is a very noteworthy saying. I'll have to keep it and use it sometime." He was certain there were many individuals who needed to hear that bit and use it. Drama was definitely not something he wanted ever in his life. "Do you have any suggestions of some places I should go while I'm in the area?"

Epine de Rose

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:23 am
AstoriaFallen

Calder had never been the best tour guide, but he did have a knack for putting himself in the paws of others. Considering what the Leotah may have wanted to see, he assumed he would want to see things that were not quite like anything he had the pleasure of seeing at home. Thus, the leopard began to draw upon points of interest that the hybrid would probably enjoy, well, hopefully enjoy.

"Let me see..." he clucked his tongue and dropped down from his perch, pressing forward with a flick of his tail until he was positioned to face the right way to provide directions.

"We have a gigantic waterfall down that way," he pointed with his claw. "If you follow it down there's a river as well, wide enough and deep enough to have fish in it that are bigger than you," he continued. "It even has a rainbow across it."

"Then you have a number of dark caves... They have bats in them but they make some interesting music." He popped his lips. "Then there's a couple of gigantic groves of flowers, some that smell lovely and others... Not so much. Nice to look at, but don't eat any of them no matter how pleasant some of them might smell..."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:11 pm
Epine de Rose
This one can be wrapped up whenever XD

He listened as the male gave him a set of descriptive locations and directions and he made careful note when he mentioned things that might be of importance, like the very large fish. He didn't want to get eaten today. "Well, you've definitely given me a number of options, which would you recommend I go towards?" Never hurt to ask one who knew better than he.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:04 pm
"If your end game is to bed someone, then I'd suggest the flowers," Calder could be relatively shrewd when he wanted to be. It was a quality that came from his mother and charming as Viher might be, when it came to most males, that was usually the aim when they encountered a female... not that many came by Calder's path as of late, but he wouldn't fault anyone for trying either.

"If, by pure chance, you have a female waiting for you and you're looking for a place to charm her," he smirked and leaned down ever so slightly. "Swing by the grove for some of those flowers and then head for the waterfall, you're in for so much more fun if you bring a gift and the view," he pointed out. "The choice of course is yours, it's down to preference."

"I tend to go by mood," he explained. "And if I'm truly stuck, I gamble..." he added. "So go with your gut on this one." He finished.

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:35 pm
Epine de Rose

He kept the males words in mind. "Well, not right now it's not but that definitely sounds like it would work."

"I think I know where I'll go." The caves sounded most interesting and that's where he figured he'd go since it sounded by far the best story teller for future purposes.

"Hopefully I see you around again. I thank you for your advice!" The male had been quite helpful on a few accounts.

With that he headed off.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:37 pm
thanks internet for dbl posting  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:47 am
"If you're back round this way I suspect you'll find me again," Calder gave a relaxed wave of his tail as the hybrid wandered off towards the great unknown. Truth be told, he was becoming a bit more like his mother as the days went on, resulting in him being a touch more lazy. Though he wasn't completely unhealthy, he did need to be careful that his lifestyle didn't result in him ballooning in size!

Food for thought perhaps.

Nevertheless, the leopard was fairly confident that he would still be around should Viher wander by this way again in the future. Unless Calder saw the need to wander, he'd remain here for now. Perhaps in time he'd find a reason to explore and go on his next great adventure, but at this point in his life he wasn't really aspiring towards grand journeys.

Home comforts were much more appealing.

AstoriaFallen
/Fin!

Epine de Rose

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out