Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:36 am
AstoriaFallen

User Image

She had a problem.

It was a very "first-world" or rather "god-world" problem, but it was still a problem , and she couldn't help but regard what lay beneath her feet with just a little exasperation. You see, even if she were to take a 'mortal' form, she was left with the unfortunate issue whereby she couldn't quite mask what she was completely. She was sprouting flowers again, or rather, the very, very, very barren ground was sprouting flowers and foliage that simply shouldn't have been possible.

For all intents and purposes, where she was currently sat would have been considered barren until the rainy season flooded it once more and turned most of it to mud. Couple this with the fact that she was a very, very white lioness and you had something that stuck out like a sore thumb for miles. Granted, she would have stuck out anyway and others would have known she was amiss given the effect she had on most plants... but today she was at a particular disadvantage.

She was going to attract attention at some point and it had been a while since she had spoken to mortals.

She elected to forego the 'mortal' form for the time being, somehow it seemed more sensible not to take the form of prey in a barren region where most individuals might be a touch hungry...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:49 am
User Image

Areo was positive the lithe yet massive form that stuck out like a sore thumb with wings was a God. Or rather, Goddess. He was familiar with them, his mother was mated to one and he had met a very lovely female on the pridelands not to long ago. She had been very nice.

He knew that wasn't the case for all of them, but still. He figured he'd try his luck today with this one. Though he found it rather odd that she chose such a muddy place to inhabit.

As he got closer he realized that where she stood wasn't barren, but growing stuff. Gods made stuff happen all the time so he really didn't find it that odd. If he was someone who had never met a God or Goddess before then he might find this whole ordeal a bit odd, but since he wasn't new to the ways of the world he wasn't taken aback by anything.

"You chose an odd place to grow things." He said with a smile as she came within speaking range.

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:10 am
AstoriaFallen

"Oh, I didn't choose to grow them here," she said easily, as if she had been conversing with the lion the entire time. "It just sort of happened," she cast a disapproving glance down towards her paws, sat on her hand legs and then shrugged. She soon cast a helpless, and somewhat sheepish smile, to the black lion who had approached her and held up her two forepaws as if in surrender.

Truth be told, she was a small deity in comparison to her brethren, but probably much larger than any mortal might be. Truth be told, she hadn't really given it much thought or taken much notice... to her, it had never been an issue and no one had ever made the observation on her behalf!

"It's like breathing," she said finally and wiggled her paws. "All I have to do is sit here and look pretty, and I can feed someone for weeks," she confessed, finally setting her paws down. "It's a bit of an inconvenience, I stand out whenever I'm trying to be discreet...Now being a perfect example..."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:54 am
Epine de Rose

How queer, though he was quite unfamiliar with how things with Gods and Goddesses worked to be honest. Even though he had grown up with a God for a father and as a sire.

He knew little about them despite all that.

Mysterious beings they were sometimes.

"That has to be handy though, being able to provide in such a manner." He gestured his paw towards the flowers that grew around her. "At least it was my passing through and not someone who is savagely hungry." Chuckling he took a moment to look at her clearly.

"You are quite dainty compared to others I have met. So you don't particularly stand out, aside from the wings." He hoped she didn't take her words to be offensive in anyway, he found her slim size to be beautiful in a way. Other God's he had met had been huge and just massive, but she seemed feminine and lithe.

"You are no less beautiful though." He added. He wasn't trying to flirt with her or anything, just stating facts. "Do you want some company? I can assist you if you might need anything, I'm just wandering through and could use the distraction."  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:02 pm
"Dainty?" Arimathras gave a small nod as thought accepting his observation, she was certainly much smaller than the average deity and this was, in large part, due to her stunted growth. While she may not have been aware of it on an immediate level, her subconscious had purposefully delayed her body from maturing, thus securing arguably more 'energy' for her divine abilities. Granted, she could confidently say she had never had to utilise these skills, but they were at her disposal if she ever happened to need them.

"I am much smaller," she agreed and gave a way of her paw as if to invite him to take a seat. They could look odd together, a dark being and a light being surrounded by a small 'pond' of plant life. "I don't suppose you'd like some fruit?" she offered with a shake of her head and gave one of the plants a 'bonk' to knock one of the unusual treats to the ground.

"What's got you wandering around all over the place anyway?" she asked curiously. "Something fun I hope? Every time I've met someone recently they've all been very dramatic," she confessed.

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:08 pm
Epine de Rose

"I think your size suits you." He commented with a hearty smile.

He liked her a great deal, her personality was just overflowing with good vibes. It made his heart sing. He missed good company like this.

"I would very much like some fruit." While he was more often drawn to meat he did like the occasional sweet snack. He wasn't afraid to admit that either.

"I'm out tracking down some of my distant relations and getting to know some of the nearby prides just so I have the knowledge to take back home with me." He said selecting the fruit she had knocked down from the ground. He looked it over a moment before scenting it. "I can eat the skin on it?" He had done that with one before that had been awful, but it was always a gamble.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:46 am
"Knowledge?" She seemed intrigued. Like many of the others she had greeted, he was seeking something, but she was rather relieved to hear that he wasn't on some dramatic quest that could result in pain, suffering or the overall end of his life. She'd rather had enough of lions referencing their own expiration dates, it had all gotten rather depressing and she'd wished they could find a way to lighten up.

"Oh you can eat the skin if you like," she waved her paw dismissively.

"What sort of knowledge?" she asked finally and pursed her lips. "Are we just wanting to meet your relatives so that you can educate your family at home, or are you looking for something else?" She was being nosy and she knew it, but she enjoyed a good family reunion, they were normally happy occasions! "Ooooh and what prides?" She knew a few, but not all, and those she had stumbled upon so far had been quite pleasant.

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:26 pm
Epine de Rose

"Yes, I find that knowledge is by far one of the most useful and powerful things to have." He said taking a bite of the fruit, with the skin intact. Chewing on it a bit he found that while it wasn't meat, it was good in it's own way.

"This is pretty wonderful." He commented as he ate some more and then thought about how to answer her next question.

"Anything I can get my paws on really. Sparring tips, breed traits for specific species, information about my family as well." He did like to know more about his other family to tell his siblings back home when he came back in between his trips.

"The Bahari and Kizingo'zaa mostly."  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:35 am
Sparring tips she wasn't entirely confident about, she hadn't encountered a set of lions that fit that description yet...though she had heard rumours of some of the more dangerous sort that existed near where the two prides he'd mentioned were. The rest of it though? Well that she couldn't answer as she didn't really know who he was... Or who his family might be.

"Oh I know those two! One more than the other, the Kizingo'zaa are neighbours to the Bahari," she announced enthusiastically and then puffed up her chest with a hint of pride. "My son happens to live in the Bahari," she explained and eventually lifted her paws to pat down her fur. She had only just left him to his own devices (much to his relief), but in her time with that particular pride she'd grown rather fond of them.

...Granted, she wasn't quite as good at some of the skills they utilised to live there, but she'd learned a fair amount about them in her time there. She certainly knew enough to give directions and some reassurances that they were lovely places.

"They're not actually that far away, rather different from one another, but they're both very friendly... I can point you in their direction if you like and maybe they'll even know some of your family!"

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:23 pm
Epine de Rose
Probably finish in your post and a last response from me smile

"Oh that's fortunate news! Funny how that worked out." He commented when she said she knew both prides and had family that lived in one of them. "If you could that would be much appreciated! If you want, if I happen to run across your son, I could tell him that you say hello?" Unless she frequented the pride enough to tell him herself, it was just a thing he figured he'd offer to do since he was going to be heading that way as it was.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:30 am
She chuckled, if there was one thing her darling son didn't need it was a reminder that mummy-dearest was talking about him and sending her love. She tended to drop in largely unannounced, and often at the most inopportune of times. While he loved her and doted on her, he probably didn't appreciate the lack of warning, particularly when he was in the middle of something that required the vast majority of his concentration.

"Oh he'll be fine without a hello," she waved her paw dismissively. Whether Areo elected to mention her anyway was entirely up to him, but she'd leave Solomon be for the time being... Until she had the urge to delve into his life again and see how he was doing. To her credit, she'd done well not to meddle in his affairs, otherwise he'd have been married off long ago.

"His name is Solomon though, if you need a point of reference when you get there," she offered. She could at least rely on her son to be sociable, and though he wasn't in a position who would see many outsiders pass through, he'd at least know where to point Areo when he got there. "He can introduce you to the others who might know your family, or he might even know them himself," she said with a nod.

"Or you might just stumble on your family by accident, that tends to happen fairly regularly too..." she mused. "Either way, I've confidence you'll find them!" she finished.

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:44 pm
Giving a nod of his head he made a note that it wasn't exactly needed, but he'd likely mention her if it happened to come up.

"I'm sure I'll find them one way or another as well, It was a pleasure to meet you." He would remember this meeting for time to come. "Well, I must be off. I wish you the best in all your future endeavors." The dark male turned and walked off.

-fin-  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out