Submit

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:23 pm
Ta-lem heaved a sigh as he stopped pacing and flopped heavily to his side. It was starting to get warm, and the birds were singing loudly, a few hours after dawn on the third day - the third day that he'd sheltered under a large tree just outside his father's pride. He couldn't see them, of course, but he could hear the din and smell the individual scents of a great number of lions. Oddly, a couple seemed familiar, but he couldn't quite place them when they mingled with so many others.

His brother had left him here shortly after they had found the pride, once he was assured that Ta-lem would be okay. Since then, Ta-lem had spent his time pacing and grumbling to himself, debating on how to approach the pride, and if maybe this wasn't a bad idea after all. Honestly, he was blind, and knew nothing of their ways.

He pulled himself to his paws and took a few steps toward the overwhelming sense of the pride, pausing when he noticed that at least one of the scents was much closer than the others... and the brush of paws through the grass.

Lithiasaur
I figured that, with the vantage point that the royal castle summary describes, Talfrid would have been able to see Ta-lem and keep an eye on him with Ta-lem's knowledge. I imagine he would know he was his son. If that idea doesn't work, you can chalk it up to he's a God and he knows stuff lol
And I left it open in case you wanted some rp for the sister.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:40 am
Rennekae

Talfrid had been keeping an eye on his son, though not the one he had been so focused on as of late. Uther was dealing with the death of his mate the only way he knew how, and unfortunately, Talfrid could do little else to help him. This war had to wage now, and whatever happened... well. They would have to handle each day as it came now.

These were mortal choices. He could only do what he could to keep them from harm from that evil Goddess.

In any case, he was watching Ta-lem and making sure he stayed safe as turmoil shook the pride. He was worried, because he had not taken long to notice the lion could not see. Though Talfrid had not been a large part of the lion's life so far, he was still protective of his children.

He noticed that Ta-lem was on the move again, coming toward the pridal lands, and he made his move. Flying over, he landed lightly nearby, so he could walk the rest of the way toward his son and make some noise on the grass to announce his approach.

"Welcome to the Tokakinji," he said gently, looking his son over now that he was closer.

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:17 am
His ears had swiveled in the direction of the whispering blades, and he had opened his jaws slightly to taste the air. The scent was definitely feline, and male; Ta-lem thought lion but he couldn't be sure, there was a weird.. tinge to it, yet somehow a familiar one as well. The paw falls were too heavy to be anything but a lion - even if the steps were light, no other feline was that large.

Ta-lem lifted his head and turned to face the voice, letting his eyes roam up and down as if he were inspecting the speaker, a trick his brother had taught him to try and fool people into thinking he could see. He had no idea if it worked, seeing as he'd never met anyone who didn't already know of his blindness - until now.

Based on where the voice had come from, Ta-lem kept his gaze where he thought the other lion's face would be and responded with a brief and shallow bow, "Thank you, It is not my intention to intrude; I only wish to find my family."
Even though his brother had cautioned to be guarded when he arrived, Ta-lem saw no reason to disguise the reason he had come here. Besides, the way he had heard it, his father was rather respected among the pride lions. If anything was to keep him from being attacked, mentioning his relation was a good bet.

Lithiasaur

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:23 am
Rennekae

Talfrid, of course, was well aware of his son's condition, and was not expecting the other to get much out of 'looking' at him. He was not masking his appearance, anyway, as he never did. He did not have the massive wings some Gods had, but he was still a large lion, and had a regal, Godly air about him. It never took strangers long to ask what he was, or at least figure out he was not normal.

He wondered if it was different without the ability to see. This was, of course, not his first encounter with a blind lion, but still. He had never had to deal with it, personally, so there would always be things he wondered about.

"Your family, hm?"

Talfrid could not help the smile that crept into his voice, though he tried. He shook out his mane a bit, relaxing and sitting down heavily.

"And who is your family? Perhaps I can help you find them."

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:36 pm
Ta-lem twitched his tail tip a little nervously; while he couldn't see it, he definitely heard the swish of fur as the other lion's mane swayed, and the way the earth shifted beneath his paws as this stranger's rump hit the grass belied just how large he was. There hadn't been any hint of aggression yet, and Ta-lem couldn't sense any hostility when he tried to probe the other lion's thoughts with his own, but one could never be certain.

"I can't say if it's necessarily a "them" I'm looking for. I only know for sure that my father resides here - Talfrid." Though he'd never met him before, Ta-lem had no issue remembering the name. It had been foremost in his mind since the day his mother had told him he'd left the pride.

Lithiasaur

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:25 am
Rennekae

"Talfrid, hmm?" He said with a rumbling laugh in his tone, light hearted and kind as always. "I can say I am familiar with that name. You've done a good job finding him. I am Talfrid."

The God of Chivalry watched his son, curious and feeling passive. It was always a concern, of course, when someone he cared about had a disability. Even though he did not know Ta-lem personally yet, he knew enough to see that he was blind, but capable. Still, Talfrid would undoubtedly fret and keep a close, watchful eye on him.

Just in case.

"God of Chivalry and stalwart knight of this pride. Who, then, may I ask are you?" Not that he needed to ask, but he knew when tact and grace were more useful than anything else. Finding one's father could not exactly be an easy thing, though it was not something Talfrid had ever been faced with.

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:08 am
Ta-lem started and his ears twitched as he was caught off guard. Although, he supposed that would explain the slightly familiar scent - he was family. Shaking his mane out a little, the slate-and-golden lion regained some composure and pulled his lips back in a smile. Then he faltered. How does one greet their father for the first time?

"I'm.. your son. Ta-lem. My mother is Umeme. I have a sister, and a brother, but they.. are not here." Ta-lem stopped abruptly, having no idea what he was supposed to do now. As much as he'd thought of this moment, he hadn't actually planned it out. He pawed at he grass in front of him awkwardly, his ears swiveling constantly, back in discomfort, forward in hopeful expectancy.

Lithiasaur

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:32 pm
Rennekae

"Ah, Umeme," he said, smiling fondly. He nodded his head, watching how awkward and unsure Ta-lem became. Not that the God could blame him. After all, the young lion was meeting his father, who was also a God, and one of the ruling family of the pride. It was a lot to take in, surely.

Talfrid moved closer to the other lion, bumping his head lightly against Ta-lem's in a warm and friendly greeting.

"Welcome to the Tokakinji, Ta-lem. I am delighted to finally meet you. I thought I might never get the chance, though I have considered, once things calm down here, going out and checking up on the families I might have out there." Of course, as a Chivalrous God who did what was asked of him, some of those females might not want him to visit them. And some of that family might not want to know about him. It was a thin line he had to walk, and he tried to do so carefully.

Their happiness was, always, the most important thing to him.

"But you are wrong about one thing, my son," he said, realizing what Tal-em had said about his family, "one of your siblings does live here. Bedwyr is your sister, and she is a Knight in this pride. I could take you to meet her, if you'd like."

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:33 pm
Ta-lem accepted the nudge warmly, returning a little pressure of his own. He was grateful that his father had taken the first step into otherwise unknown territory for the young male. Now that awkwardness was out of the way and he knew how his father would prefer he treated him.

He paused in shock - with perhaps a little fear - at the mention of his sister. He didn't remember much of her, and what he used to know had most likely changed as his sister had grown. His worry, however, didn't stem from another awkward family meeting; Ta-lem had spent enough time in his mother's pride to know how they viewed males, and he was terrified that his sister would have retained that disdain. He would like to get along with his family, and that would definitely put a wrench in his plans.

"My si-sister," he stammered. "Yes, it would be nice to see her.. Is she.. How is she?"
Unaware of just how much his father knew of the Amazonian pride, Ta-lem wasn't sure how to voice his concerns or word his questions. "Is my sister a hostile male-hater?" seemed inappropriate somehow.

Lithiasaur

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:19 pm
Rennekae

Talfrid was a very kind soul, and he had plenty of room in his heart for family. Really, he wished he had more time to spend with them all, as he loved meeting and experiencing his mortal children, and learning about their unique personalities and lives. But his duties often called him away, and even now he was not entirely at his leisure.

But he was not going to let that get in the way just yet. For now, he wanted to just focus on this unexpected, but welcomed, reunion. Of sorts.

"She's doing very well! She loves her pride and she... male hater?" Talfrid was caught off guard by the question, then shook his head quickly. "Oh, no, certainly not. Here in the Tokakinji, females and males are equal. There is no hate between the genders, as far as I am aware. Of course, that does not mean we are not without our problems but ah. At least that is not one of them."

And Bedwyr herself was a very nice lioness, though she had some strong beliefs about the rights of the Toka and the roles of the Druids. Even so, she took after her father, and at least tried to offer what patience and understanding she could to any new situation.

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:29 pm
Ta-lem smiled warmly and relaxed. It was genuinely relieving to learn that Bedwyr hadn't adhered to the teaching of their former pride.

"I meant no disrespect, it's just.. our mother's pride wasn't like yours. At all. In fact, I don't know that I'd have left to find you so soon if I wasn't forcibly told to. Part of me worries how deeply that lifestyle is ingrained to my sister." Ta-lem bowed his head briefly, a bit sheepish for having been so forward.

"I.. know we just met, and it is a bit of a stretch but, I'd like to join your pride. Or even just stay with you for a while. I would like the chance to get to know what's left of my family."

Lithiasaur

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:14 pm
Rennekae

"I know. It cannot have been easy, then, if they treated you unfavorably simply for being male. Here, I hope, you can find a more accepting home, even for just a little while." He would not force Ta-lem to stay if it did not suit him, after all.

The cub was not a cub any more, and Talfrid had no right to boss him around just because he was his father. Even if he did immediately feel connected to the young male, and wanted to make sure he was safe and comfortable.

Talfrid was a knight, after all, and it was sort of his job to make sure those he cared about got to live full, happy lives. It was his duty, but more than that, it was an honest investment of his.

He smiled when Ta-lem said he wanted to stay, though, as that saved him a lot of internal struggle and fussing. He could keep an eye on his son and not have to worry about flying to another pride to do so.

"You are more than welcome here, my son, and I will do all I can to make sure you are happy here. Bedwyr will be happy to see you, as well, and there are many other members of this pride that you should meet. More family, distant or otherwise."

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 7:23 am
Ta-lem bowed his head with grateful respect, a beaming smile tugging at his lips. He knew that Talfrid had no obligation to allow him into the pride; a lot of lions didn't care at all for their offspring, and some were even hostile. His heart swelled at his father's ready acceptance.

With his previous pride's.. less than loving treatment, Ta-lem had thirsted for an "ideal" family. While he knew he would never be able to complete the fantasy, he was glad that at least he would have a father (and hopefully sister) to share affection and protect each other. Not that I'll be much use for the latter, he thought bitterly, still not quite fully okay with his blindness. A trait he would need to break to his father, and new pride, at some point.

"Thank you, Talfrid. I'd love to meet my new family."

Ta-lem had no idea of the strife writhing within the pride, but in his current bliss, he hadn't the thought to clarify his ignorance. The young lion would need to learn how to fit into a pride where he actually had a role, an idea that both excited him and made him anxious - he wanted nothing more than to help, but wasn't sure exactly how useful he'd be.

Lithiasaur

[IC] Tokakinji Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff