Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Sikukuu Lands [IC]
[PRP]Surprise! We are moving in!!! (Darnell/Kanani and Cubs)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

StarshineAngel01

Interstellar Moonwalker

15,915 Points
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:05 pm
User Image
Kanani looked around curiously, her life was coming together she was a mother now of 3 beautiful cubs and now she was in the same pride as Darnell, now they could actually be a family and the cubs could grow up with a mother and father and they could be a happy family. It was a big change for her from being one who ran races to now being a stay at home mom of sorts. It was a brand new adventure for her and one she was looking forward to. Besides the fact that they were moving in Darnell had yet to meet their cubs This was a big step for them and their children. She watched Driscoll bounce around "Driscoll..stay close please" she told him as she watched her son the spitting image of his dad.

User Image
Driscoll followed his mother closely, this was new to him and he was going to be his father, as far as he knew his dad didn't know that they existed because their mother had not told him yet. He swished his tail to and fro idly "Okay Momma!" he said as he bounced around and stayed close to his mother's heels at the same time intrigued and wanting to explore! but his mother had told him he could do that later once they met up with their dad. He was eager to meet him, his mom had told him that he looked like his father.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:49 pm
StarshineAngel01

User Image

A dark female, nearly identical to her mother, followed the duo. Bright red eyes took in the fun and games of those lions, leopards, and cheetahs she saw here. There was even hyenas and wild dogs here! They all looked to be having fun playing the games. Yaro heard one leopard calling for them to come join a game. Her paws turned the booth almost against her will. It looked so fun! And the prizes were pretty. She heard her mother call for her brother to stick close, though she turned back toward Kanani, she still looked wistfully at the booth.

"Mother, can't we go play?" She had no idea why their mother had dragged them all the way to this pride. Surely there was a reason, but Yaroslava couldn't see it. The female was a bit more independent and tended to walk several feet from the family group. If she could have snuck away to go explore or perhaps play some of the games, she would have.

User Image

Slim springing legs moved with practiced grace under the green cheetah. He'd learned to flow like grass bending on the savanna. Sticking out like he did it was always a good impression. Darnell looked around with delight. Preparations for the Lover's Revelry were well under way with some of the booths open early. They had just been taking the old booths down when he'd left on his rounds. Love was in the air and he could smell it. The season could really bring it out. The green cheetah laughed to himself.

Coming down a path, a familiar black and white cheetahess caught his attention. At first his mind denied what his eyes saw. Kanani couldn't be here. She was back at home expecting their cubs. Darnell wrinkled his brow when he saw how slim she was. Quickly he hurried over. Afraid that bad news had brought her to the pride instead of waiting for him at their meeting spots like she usually did.

"Kanani! What brings you here?"

magnadearel

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:17 pm
User Image

Viiva paced elegantly along next to her mother. She was neither independent nor bouncy, content to follow her mother's lead. This didn't mean she wasn't terribly curious, though! Her big, dark blue eyes scanned the area, taking in the colors, the variety, the glitters and sparkles. Oh, she liked the sparkles! But she was an obedient child, and preferred to stay right beside Kanani until bidden to go explore and play.

Truthfully, she was very cold. They'd traveled on winter plains, but there hadn't been... well, this weird white stuff! Whatever it was! She picked up her paws daintily to try and keep them out of the wet, shivery stuff as much as possible. She stopped and stared when a bright green male came rushing up. Could that be... why, he looked so much like her brother, it had to be! "Daddy?" she ventured in a soft, restrained voice, delicately raising one paw as she leaned forward uncertainly. Was this the proper time to greet him with affection? What if... what if he didn't like her?! So she paused, paw in the air, trembling both from cold and from worry.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:32 pm
magnadearel

Talencia

Kanani glanced back at Yaroslava "Not, yet Sweetie. You and your siblings need to meet your dad" she told her "you can go play and explore after, your dad has not met any of you and i would like it if you did meet him" she explained. She glanced down at Viiva "Not, to worry your meeting with your father will be short and you can go play and explore with your siblings" she said and then glanced towards the familiar green cheetah "Hello, my dear Darnell. I have some cubs for you to meet" she told him politely. She nudged Driscoll forward "go on my Driscoll" she said. Then glanced back at Yaroslava "come Yaroslava, and Viiva meet your father" she said nodding to the green male cheetah that stood before her.

Driscoll stood still long enough to greet his father politely "Hi Daddy!!" he said and glanced over at his sisters. He was a little distracted with all the colors and sparkles but was still enough to greet him. He swished his tail to and fro idly. He sat down and waited for his sister to catch up and glanced at Viiva.

StarshineAngel01

Interstellar Moonwalker

15,915 Points
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:25 pm
StarshineAngel01

Talencia
Thanks for joining!

She watched her obedient siblings. Yaro gave a soft sigh. She hoped her mother wouldn't keep them from the games all day. The way Viiva picked up her feet, like she was high prancing, made her want to giggle. It definitely looked funny! "Walking like that won't make you any taller Viiva!" Yaro teased the other female. She rather liked the white stuff herself. It was cold, and felt funny against her paws. It was especially fun when it fell from the sky and she tried to catch it on her tongue. A flick of her ears showed she was doubtful they could find him like their mother claimed in all this hustle and bustle. He could be anyone!

A bright green cheetah rushing over to their mother made her puff her tail out. Who was this?! Yaro glanced at Viiva when she spoke softly. Could it really be? Was this why they'd come here? It almost seemed too easy. When her mother called, Yaro strutted forward. He was definitely bright green! The young cub looked her father up and down. Yes he would do. "Hi daddy," she added to the group of hellos. Maybe this wasn't such a bad move after all.

~~~~~~~~
Worry turned instantly to joy. She hadn't lost the cubs, she'd had the cubs! Darnell broke into a wide grin as three beautiful cubs were brought to his attention. He nuzzled his mate. "Sorry I couldn't be there. Now who are these little ones?" A soft voice drew his attention. For a loud boisterous male, he payed attention to the quiet ones too. "My dear you look cold!" Darnell scooped up the little white and black female that was a mirror image to his mate and tucked her against his side for warmth. "Hello to you too young son! Did you enjoy your walk here?" Another darker female drew his attention last. She sure was confident. He liked she had her mother's bright red eyes.

A beautiful litter of cubs. He couldn't have asked any better of his mate. Darnell looked over at Kanani. "You sure came a long way on your own to show them too me. I'm grateful you did, but wouldn't it have been easier to wait for my visit?" True, he would have been sad to miss so much of their early lives, but he knew the distance. A single mother with three cubs traveling must have been three times as hard!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:40 pm
Viiva gave a little gasp of surprise when she was summarily swooped up, letting out an involuntary squeak of alarm. It was one thing to be told one was meeting one's father, it was entirely another to be immediately picked up by said stranger! Her pupils dilated hugely, and she turned to gaze at her mother from her father's embrace, seeking reassurance. Still, she was more mannerly than to protest or ask to be put down. Plus, it really was warmer up here, with her paws out of the snow. So she slowly relaxed and warmed up while watching and listening to the greetings going on.

She considered Darnell thoughtfully, watching how he treated everyone. He seemed a likable person, affectionate and loving. He seemed to like each of them for what they were, though he obviously still had a lot to learn about them. Still, as fathers went, that was a pretty good thing to begin with, in her humble cubbie opinion. "Daddy, can we stay with you, please?" she asked suddenly, before mama could say anything. She tensed up, clearly worried he wouldn't want them... wouldn't want her. "We promise to be good," she earnestly confided in her soft voice.

((Forgive the lack of quotes and color... I'm just happy I'm able to tag at all!))  

Talencia

Blessed Friend

StarshineAngel01

Interstellar Moonwalker

15,915 Points
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:46 pm
Kanani nodded her head "I did travel quite a ways with them at such a young age, but there was another reason why we made the journey and that is so we can come and live with you in the Sikukuu pride, where we can actually be Together as a family. Also because I wanted Viiva, Driscoll and Yaro to grow up with both their parents around" she explained. "that and you had yet to still meet them, and I figured it was worth the trip, if anything the trip wasn't that bad" she told him.

Driscoll sized his father up before replying "Yes, I did enjoy our walk, it was most intriguing" he said and glanced at his father nodding his head "besides, I wanted to meet and hang out with you" he said his eyes going big as he gazed at his father. His mother was right he was in a way the likeness of his father.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:51 pm
StarshineAngel01
Sorry for the wait guys! Muses took a vacation.

Talencia

Yaroslava wasn't sure what to think when the male picked up her white sister. On one paw she was indignant that she didn't get picked up first, on the other maybe he was taking pity that Viiva was cold. Now that she thought about it, she didn't really want to be picked up. She couldn't go where she wanted if she had been. Yaro grinned at her sister from her vantage point on the ground.

"I want to go play. Can I now?" She'd done as her mother wanted and met him. Still a young cub, she was much more interested in playing and games. Her sister's question made her pause a moment. Now that was a fun idea! "I'm Yaroslava daddy." A wide grin spread across her maw as their mother spilled the beans. They were staying! She was gonna enjoy playing so many games all the time!

~~~~~~~~
Darnell chuckled as the dark cub wanted to go play. "There's plenty of games to keep you occupied. I can show you where they are." He had a feeling the cub wanted to go find them on her own. The green male looked a bit startled as the other female asked to stay with him. "Um well... That's really up to your mother how long you'll be here dear." He nuzzled the chilly female to reassure her and make sure she was warming up. While he would be overjoyed to have them stay for several days or indefinitely, he was still clueless to the change in situation back at Kanani's pride. Darnell didn't want to put any pressure on his mate to stay with him.

"Oh?" He blinked as what Kanani said registered. Live. Together. Family. His mouth was hanging open for sure. It was his most desired dream come true! "Really? You and the cubs will be staying? Are you sure that's what you want to do?" He sounded hopeful. Darnell ruffled his green son's top of his head. "We'll spend as much time together as you like!"

magnadearel

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:17 pm
She held very still as he was told by mama what the plan had been. This was the critical moment, the moment when either she had no home, or she had a place in this vast world. She shivered again, this time for a different reason. But she needn't have worried. Her eyes remained huge as he seemed to almost explode with delight and affection. She smiled slowly and tentatively, looking from him to mama and back again. "We get to be a family then?" she asked wistfully, her hopes and dreams made clear by her tone. For little Viiva, the world could be a scary place, and having a daddy along with a mama, plus a home with so many others here to help protect her, that was the answer to all her fears. She peered over their father's back to beam at Yaro, who was practically dancing to go play. "Did you hear, Yaro? We're home!"

StarshineAngel01

[IC] Sikukuu Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff