Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Pokémon Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's #1 Pokémon Guild. Come talk, trade, battle, or just hang out! 

Tags: Pokemon, Black White, HeartGold SoulSilver, ORAS, Nintendo 

Reply The Official Pokemon Guild
Well my team looks funny...Help please?.... o w o

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vellvett

Cute Bookworm

12,250 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Generous 100
  • Divine Donator 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:50 pm
Kinda Ev breeding/training for the first time...
I played pokemon for years but usually lean more on the fun aspect...

Right now Im currently breeding
They are all lv 1...
Mareep Miltank Piplup
ATK 5 6 5
DEF 5 6 6
SPATK 6 6 6
SPDEF 6 6 6
SPD 4 7 6
HP 12 13 12
Team set up
Mareep(Q)-static Miltank(G)-thick fat Piplup(M)-torrent
+++++++++++++++++++
Murkrow(?)-??? Togepi(?)-serene grace? Pumpkaboo(?)-frisk  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:53 pm
yum_pizza  

Vellvett

Cute Bookworm

12,250 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Generous 100
  • Divine Donator 100

Vellvett

Cute Bookworm

12,250 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Generous 100
  • Divine Donator 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:02 pm
yum_donut  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:04 pm
yum_hotdog  

Vellvett

Cute Bookworm

12,250 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Generous 100
  • Divine Donator 100

Hunter of the dusk

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:52 am
What kind of input are you looking for specifically?

To check their IVs, talk to the guy in Kiloude city's pokemon center, pictured below. He only tells you what stats are highest, and they have to be exactly the same for him to say multiple ones, so it's only helpful if breeding for maxed out IVs
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:29 pm
Hunter of the dusk
What kind of input are you looking for specifically?

To check their IVs, talk to the guy in Kiloude city's pokemon center, pictured below. He only tells you what stats are highest, and they have to be exactly the same for him to say multiple ones, so it's only helpful if breeding for maxed out IVs
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

For mareep I want him to be good in spatk as well as a bulky tanker.
Im quite aware that he wont be very fast so I need a pokemon with whirlwind or trick room (forgive its a wind move that allows the the team to go first....I forgot what its called....whirlwind.....?)
Miltank being the bulky one as well as being the cleric with a mix of atk and Piplup being the defensive one with spatk.
This other half of the team I am not sure....
Murkrow due to being a mix atk/spatk. Though I have an alternative to use ducklett since it has the move to increase speed of the whole team and is faster than murkrow's evolution.
Togepi with spd and bulk
Pumkaboo with the frisk ability. Gothitque also has frisk I think...  

Vellvett

Cute Bookworm

12,250 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Generous 100
  • Divine Donator 100

Hunter of the dusk

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:37 pm
Is this for Singles, Doubles, Triples, or Rotation, and do you plan on evolving them to their final evolution?

Tailwind is the move you're thinking of (it doubles all of your pokemon's speed for the duration), and that is amazing in multi battles of any kind. It's a bit lackluster in singles though, as it only lasts for 3 turns. Frisk is a great ability in doubles and triples, because it now reveals the items of the entire opposite side, and knowing what items they have can be a great asset as it can often times (if you're knowledgeable enough) let you guess what moves they'll use and how they're trained; life orb usually means that it's trained in atk or sp.atk and speed, focus sash means they have a set-up move, etc.

I've always liked Miltank; it has a nice mixture of hp, defense, speed, and a great support movepool. Also, repeated body slams usually induce paralysis, which no one likes. All of it's abilities are great; Scrappy prevents you from having to switch out if a ghost is sent in, Thick Fat gives you two resistances, and Sap Sipper gives you an immunity and a nice boost in attack with the right prediction. I think Miltank is undervalued by a lot of people.

Empoleon is a generally good bulky sp attacker. Not much to say on that, I think it's a good choice. Steel typing brings a lot of great resistances, and it synergizes well with it's water typing.

Togekiss can be really irritating with the serene grace para-flinch combo, and it's got pretty decent bulk alongside it. Immunity to dragon is a nice asset as well.

Honchcrow is interesting, as it has great base attack, and access to Super Luck and an increased crit move. With an item that increases your chance of critical hits, it can get 100% crit rate. Unfortunately, that relies on a single move, but you can still benefit from a 50% rate for your other attacks, which include Sucker Punch (which will hit like a truck. It can be a great sp attacker, as it's movepool on the special side is much more diverse and includes Nasty Plot. It's a bit on the slow side though, so would need some support to really shine.

Don't really have an opinion on Pumpkaboo  
The Official Pokemon Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff