Sareibear

Eloquent Explorer

10,950 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:53 pm
User Image

Cima was quite enjoying this snowy lands he had stumbled upon in his quest. And since having met such a kind little rabbit not too long ago, who apparently lived with a pride that made it's home up here, he had decided to stick it out a little bit longer and see what other kinds of wonders were hidden up here in this beautiful snowy abyss. It wasn't any weather that his rather jovial, large belly, and excessive fur for a plains goer couldn't handle anyways. He was actually rather comfortable up here.

Though he hadn't stumbled on many others yet, he was happy to explore on his own, and although Cima always longed to tell tales and share in company of others, he had learned a lot being up here- all the more fuel for his extravagant tales once he returned home! Not that he had much to go back to these days, his mate had been gone a lone time, and his cubs long since grown, but he was a happy lion once again, roaming free as he was meant to, with nothing to hold him down. Not that he had considered his family a burden, but it was better for him to be free and alone, that was certain.

The snow had ceased falling for a while, and Cima dredged his way through deep snow, though it was soft from fresh fall. He was happy to learn about the snow, since it was something he had not much experience with, though he was often caught off guard and unawares by other creatures he had met up here. The large purple lion moved himself along, singing to himself in a quiet, but warm and hearty tune. Cima was well-known for his singing voice where he was from.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:09 pm
User ImageLawine was in a pretty happy place. He had just brought in a very timid but pretty female that lived in the mountains to his pride, and had managed to make her feel comfortable among his family and friends. Having grown up as a prince, Lawine hadn't ever really had a job he had to learn how to do, like how the other members of the pride did. He was just...a prince. Perhaps that would have been enough for some lions, but Lawine couldn't help but feel rather useless. As a prince, even if he wasn't going to inherit the throne, he should at least have a positive affect on the lions in the pride.

So he took it upon himself to get to know everyone, to help those who needed it, to figure out how to do every job at least slightly so he could assist if someone was too hurt or ill to work. His warm personality made him a favorite among the others of the pride, and for that he was thankful, even though he still felt a bit silly at times for his title.

He was currently patrolling the borders of the pride. New snowfall meant a higher risk for avalanches, so it was always necessary to check out the trouble spots and either cause a controlled avalanche or let the pride members know if it was getting dangerous. A little tune made the prince flick his ears this way and that until he located the source of the sound: a purple lion with wings on his back. He grinned just a bit, thoughts of the female he had brought into the pride returning. She had been concerned about her own wing markings, that she'd be mocked for them. He found markings like that rather unique and pretty, and this male was no exception.

"Afternoon," he called out softly, making his way towards the male. "A lovely voice you have, my friend."

Sareibear

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Sareibear

Eloquent Explorer

10,950 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:02 pm
The large purple lion was albeit slightly startled, as he hadn't noticed any others around upon his last surroundings glance, but he laughed happily at the others' comment, his big belly giving way to a comical wave that accompanied his deeply booming laugh.

"Ahhh, well thank you, friend." He said, shaking his fluffy mane away from his face and shifting his weight a bit. "Afternoon 'tis indeed, and quite a nice one." He added his own to the conversation, admiring the pale colors of the impressive lion before him. This other male had a regal air about him, but Cima detected kindness and compassion in him as well. It was nice that those he had stumbled across up here had so far been rather friendly. Well...he assumed that paying a stranger a compliment upon first meeting bode of friendliness.

With a huge grin, Cima took a step forward and offered the other a little half-bow, half-nod. "My name is Cimacikew." He said softly, his ears twitching backward slightly. The old lion supposed that this other belonged to the pride that the sweet little rabbit he'd met had mentioned, but he figured he would leave it open for the younger looking male to introduce himself as such, if he pleased.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:25 pm
Lawine nodded slightly in agreement: he was quite fond of the snow, especially when it was this light and fluffy stuff that was falling. Sometime there were awful storms that made it hard to even walk in, but this kind of weather was his favorite. A little flurry just to keep the flakes coming!

"Very nice to meet you, Cimacikew," Lawine said with a smile, giving a little bow and bob of his head to match the purple lion. Just because he was a prince within his pride didn't mean he had to act high and mighty, especially around those who didn't know his parents. In all honesty, he'd rather those on the outside didn't know he was a prince. Sometimes it scared off potential friends. Cima seemed as though he was an easy going guy, though. The title wouldn't scare him off, he was certain.

"I'm Lawine," he added, giving his own name with a flick of his tail to get some of the snow from it. "I've not seen you before, so I can only assume you're not native to the mountains. I just wanted to let you know that, while your voice is quite wonderful, it would be best to keep it quiet around here. There's a rather high risk of avalanches in this area and sometimes even the slightest noise will set them off." He nodded up to a large peak that towered over them, the sheer face of the mountain covered in snow. It was either white or grey, depending on when the last avalanche was, and right now there wasn't a speck of stone to be seen. Dangerous to say the least.

"It's due to drop with this storm coming and I'd say we're out of harms way, but still! It's quite startling to see that much snow coming down at high speeds."

Sareibear

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Sareibear

Eloquent Explorer

10,950 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:10 pm
Cima smiled again at the other, whom he had just learned to be Lawine. That was a different name. The old lion was beginning to become quite warm to this winter land, and he figured this lion seemed friendly and meant the best. He had had no clue about avalanches, this was all new information to him, and for a moment he felt guilty. Cima just loved to sing, but he understood about holding back if it was dangerous. He nodded knowingly to the younger lion.

"Of course, I didn't know..." He trailed off, nodding some more. "I appreciate it, anyways, I wouldn't want to cause trouble in a place not my own." The large purple lion shifted his weight again and flicked his own fluffy tail. He couldn't resist the curiosity anymore, though by the fact that this other lion knew a lot about the area, Cimacikew figured it was fair to assume.

"So you are from around here then, I'd wager, young man?" He spoke kindly, his indication of Lawine's age not condescending at all, and with his ever-present smile. Cima shook himself again slightly and his belly set to jiggling again. He could feel bits of snow falling from his coat.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:40 pm
Lawine nodded, his expression not at all accusatory or upset. It wasn't as if Cima had been belting out a tune, after all. He'd been singing loud enough for the prince to hear him and that was it. "Of course. I wouldn't want you ending up in a sticky situation, either," he said with another nod. They had had an avalanche when he had been just a cub, and a few of his siblings had been caught in it. Not something he wished to relive with anyone.

The question made Lawine laugh a bit. Young man! He certainly was a young lion, having grown into his mane just a few months ago, but he hadn't been called that since he was just a cub. Still, he knew it wasn't said to be rude. He wasn't sure the jolly male before him could be rude if he tried.

"I am," he said, smiling a bit still. "The pride I call home lives here in the mountains. Technically I'm out of their borders right now, but I came to check the various peaks since it's been snowing the past few days. That's when avalanches become more common, so we keep an eye on the more active mountains and areas for them to occur."

Sareibear

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Sareibear

Eloquent Explorer

10,950 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:47 pm
The old male listened with care to Lawine, he was full of cub-like curiosity and excitement, hearing what he had to say. Cima was always eager and happy to learn new things, which was one of the main reasons he travelled so. In some places, it seemed like the love of knowledge was quieter in the younger generations, and so the large purple and green lion was impressed to see this younger lion so full of it.

"Well, I imagine then..." Cima said, giving way to a small cough and having to clear his bangs from before his eyes before he continued, "the little critter by the name of Miri that I happened upon belonged to a pride up here. Just a wee thing, a rabbit." He said, his bright eyes resting on Lawine.

"Very noble of you to keep an eye out for others." He added with a wink and a soft chuckle.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:12 am
At the mention of a hare named Miri Lawine grinned just a bit. "Yes, she belongs to the pride," he confirmed. "It's quite common for pride members to take hares as familiars, as they can get about fairly well in the snow." He himself didn't have one, but that didn't bother him too much. If one crossed his path and wanted a lion to be friends with he wouldn't turn his nose up, but he wasn't actively seeking one out.

"Thank you," he said with a little bob of his head. "I don't really have an assigned position within the pride, so I feel as though it's the least I can do. Others are always busy making new dens or hunting, so I can take some time out of my not-very-busy day to check on the hot spots and make sure things are safe."

And, once he reported back, he was sure there would be a few lions that would venture up to cause one of the controlled avalanches so travelers - or their own pride members - weren't taken by surprise and injured or killed. He wouldn't mind going with them: as he was still fairly young, he had yet to go on such an expedition, even though he knew they happened from time to time. It seemed like a rather fun adventure!

"So what brings you way up here? It's always interesting to see where everyone comes from if they manage to brave the snow and cold."

Sareibear

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas