Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Kizingo'zaa Lands [IC]
[PRP] You Are My Sunshine (Cetus x Sunshine)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:24 pm
User Image Cetus' first night in the Kizi didn't disappoint. He certainly hadn't wandered over the border with the intent to stay, but upon meeting Sunshine and the lovely evening they spent together, he knew this was the place for him. Back home wasn't too far so he could always go visit if he wanted, but here...this was where he wanted to be. Pretty girls, amazing surf, and a whole new land to explore. That was exactly up his alley.

Beyond that, though, he really didn't know anything about the pride. He needed to get the lay of the land and learn the new customs and...ugh...pick a new role to play. The Gypsies were sure to have some fun jobs, though. Right?

For now, Cetus shook himself as he left Sunshine's den to peer up through the canopy of trees. It wasn't quite midday yet. Good...he hadn't slept the day away. He sat down at the mouth of the den, content to wait for his new friend to wake up and join him.

Painted Moose

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:31 pm
User Image

It was weird, spending time with a male that she actually liked for him and not for what she could take from him. Sunshine wasn't even really sure if he knew of her ulterior motives, or honestly, if he cared. At first it had been kind of sweet, then irksome because she was used to her own company, and then sweet again. She flip flopped so much she wasn't sure what to believe.

The bright lioness had been awake for a while now, though she had been content to pretend to stay asleep. It was easier to watch him that way, and to see what kind of patterns she could make out of the dots in his mane. With a sighing frump she gave in, knowing he was already up and at'm, so she might as well have joined him.

"Good morning, Starfall." Sunshine yawned, stretching her forelegs out infront of her. It took all of her effort not to groan when he joints popped.

SilverLutz

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:40 pm
Cetus' ear twitched a bit as he heard movement from behind, and when he turned his head to see, he was greeted with a stretching Sunshine. He let her stretch out before responding, knowing that it was always nice to wake up at one's own pace.

"Morning, Sunshine," he said, chuckling just a bit. It worked on two levels, how lovely. "Starfall?" he added, quirking a brow at the nickname. It took him a moment to remember his pelt and the likeness it shared with the night sky before giving a soft 'ah' of understanding.

"Slept well?" he asked once Sunshine was done loosening her joints, an amused look on her face. There was just a hint of a teasing tone to his voice, since they had both slept like logs once they were done fooling around. Having that much fun took a lot out of you, after all!

Painted Moose

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:35 pm
When she was feeling awake enough to move she crossed the space separating them. Without her usual scarf about her neck Sunshine was able to move freely, without anything holding her back. The lioness sat close and cozy with the darker male.

She had to grin at the double meaning. Normally she would have been annoyed, but coming from him it was almost endearing. "Would you prefer something else? It isn't common to call a lion their first name in these lands. Calling you Cetus seems so...personal." Even as she spoke Sunshine was running her claw up his foreleg.

"I did. Did you? The ocean wasn't calling you home, was it?" She could only hope that he had enjoyed their little games as much as she had. Sunshine supposed he would be running off back to the Bahari now, and that thought irked her.

SilverLutz

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:53 pm
"Personal....right," Cetus said with a little chuckle. Gypsies had their 'gypsy name' that they gave to those who weren't close, although he had no idea why. Probably to keep that air of mystery about them, he thought to himself. He rubbed his chin with the paw that wasn't currently being stroked by Sunshine, pondering the nickname. Starfall was nice...but if he got to pick?

"I was named after a great sea monster," he said, motioning to the marking on his arm. Only one constellation on his entire body had a second outline, the dark blue a bit hard to see, but it was certainly there. A monster with the tail of a fish and the front half of some kind of zebra with talons was there, his namesake.

"Maybe Sea Monster," he said with a little grin. "Since I love the ocean. And...under the right circumstances I suppose I can be a monster..." He gave a suggestive wiggle of his brows before standing, keeping close to Sunshine. His answer was a while in coming as he turned the thought over a few times.

"The ocean is here as well," he said, nodding in the direction they had come from the night before. "And it's calling to me...but these beaches look rather interesting. As do these jungles. And I've only just met you," he added, giving her a charming smile. "I wonder what it would take to be told your real name, hm?"

Painted Moose

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:45 pm
SilverLutz

She looked down at the marking on his arm, and thought it sort of ominous. It was either a blessing or a curse from some Sea God, she figured. Depending on the day and his mood it could be either. "Sea Monster." Sunshine snorted and rolled her eyes on a grin. "Not what I would have picked, but..you do have a point. It rather suits you." She stuck out her tongue, and smirked.

Sunshine stood as well, moving towards where her scarf lay. With nimble paws she wrapped it around her neck until the longest point barely touched the ground before her paws. "It's never quiet here, that's for sure." There were always parties, arguments, passionate embraces and schemes. She adored it all.

Looking at him, she gave him an arch stare. "The only soul I am ever going to give that little tidbit too would be a mate, and I'm a little too hard to pin down for that."

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:08 pm
Cetus watched with interest as Sunshine wrapped her scarf around her once again. He had seen a few of the Kizi wearing them and wondered if it was part of some sort of uniform, or identity code they had. He wasn't so sure he'd like one, since it would weigh him down while he was swimming, but if he left it on land while he was in the water...

"Really now? You don't have parents or siblings that know your true name?" he teased with a smile. Surely someone else had to know her name and, while he doubted he'd get to know it any time soon - not that he was planning on taking her as a mate, no way! They'd just met! Even though she was pretty and kept him on his toes, which was exactly what he was looking for in a female - the thought that no one in the entire world knew it was rather sad to him.

"So, are those standard issue for gypsies?" he asked, moving forward to bat at her scarf, catching it in his paw and ducking down to let it drape over his head. He lifted it and came nose-to-nose with Sunshine, his blue eyes reflecting his grin. "Purple isn't really my color...I hope they have blue."

Painted Moose

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:48 pm
SilverLutz

Sunshine shook her head with a teasing grin. "I'm the one and only. I've never known my father, I was an only cub and my mother passed away when I was young. It's just me, sweetheart." The one and only! Not that it had really bothered her; her lot in life was just as it was and she wasn't lonely now, so why dwell on it?

"What, this old thing?" She had been about to swipe it away from him when he pulled his adorable little move and stop the moment. It was unfair, really. Almost criminal how adorable the whole damn thing was. "A nice, light blue I'd say. With a few moons and stars to match your eyes." Something simple to take off when he went into the water. Oh, she had so many ideas....

Taking the moment, she moved closer to him, pressing her nose against his and moving to push him onto his back. "I'm not sure you can handle a scarf. They're sort of a big deal. Do you think you've got he guts to wear one?"

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:22 pm
Cetus' grin faltered a bit as Sunshine confirmed she was the only one that knew her real name. He came from a huge family so the thought of having no one in the whole world that you could be close to was a bit sad to think about. He shook it off as bright eyes moved closer to him until their noses bumped. He let her push him back just a bit, but soon dug in his paws and pushed against her nose, his smile returning.

"It's just a scrap of fabric. I think I can manage. Back home we have lots of decorations that we like to wear...shells and rocks and things the ocean brings in. I don't wear them because they can get pretty heavy," he admitted, pulling his head back from both Sunshine and her scarf. "But these scarves are pretty lightweight. And easy to put on and take off, from what I've seen."

He tilted his head just a bit, flicking his tail to kick up a bit of dust. "I've got the guts to swim with sharks," he purred, moving forward and brushing his shoulder along Sunshine's side. "And let pretty gypsies lure me into their dens. I think I can handle a piece of cloth."

Flirtatious? Of course. That's just who he was. He turned to face her once he passed, a brow raised and a grin on his face. "Do you have the guts to swim with sharks, Sunshine?"

Painted Moose

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:42 pm
SilverLutz

By holding his ground Cetus had managed to surprise Sunshine into an actual laugh, and a real smile. Both of which were as rare as snow in the Sahara. "It's the symbolism behind it, you dolt." She bit at his nose before he pulled back. "Shells and rocks? Shells I can see as decorative, but rocks? No." She shook her head, unable to truly see the beauty in something as plane as a rock. Though, the ocean did bring in a bounty. Maybe she could make something with things she found on the shore?

"You'd better watch out. Pretty gypsies can be just as vicious as sharks." She crooned, leaning into his brush. Oh, ho! He had turned it all around on her so magnificently that she was captivated by his rhetoric. "Swim with sharks? Ha! They're just glorified fish. I'll strap one to each paw with my scarves and ride them."

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:49 pm
"Symbolism," Cetus said with a laugh. "Perhaps not, then. I wouldn't want to do the scarf any disservice. I'm new to these lands, after all...perhaps when I'm accustomed to the laws and the lions, then I'll don one." Oh yes, he had every intention of staying. Especially with a lioness like Sunshine to hang around with.

As she wove a story of riding sharks the curly-maned lion shook his head in amusement. Ah, there was nothing a gypsy couldn't do, it seemed. "Why don't you prove it?" he challenged, pawing playfully at her tail before circling around her to stand before her once more. "Come swimming with me. I'll show you how to do so safely."

There was just a hint of challenge to his voice: he didn't want a female that was all talk and no action. He doubted that would be an issue with Sunshine, but it was only fair to push the limits and see what she was made of. She had certainly pushed him the previous day, now it was his turn.

Painted Moose

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:01 pm
SilverLutz

"Oh, really?" He was staying then. That brought a curled smile to Sunshine's lips. She had been detestably mulling over what she would do once she sent him back, but now she wouldn't have to. She could poke around this male for a little while longer.

Swatting him with her tail, Sunshine stood to the challenge. "I'll come with you if you can teach me how to ride sharks. I'm not a female of empty promises." If she said she could do something, she would either do it or die trying. Though in this case she was obviously teasing.

Stepping past him, she lifted her tail to brush against him coyly. Sunshine walked with her head high, and nothing, but pure confidence in her stride. When she looked over her shoulder her eyes were bright. "Coming, Sea Monster?"

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:24 pm
Ride on sharks? Cetus did his best not to laugh at the idea. He wouldn't put it past her to be able to tame the beasts of the sea and have them carry her around. Her personality was as tough as a stone and as fierce as the sea in a storm. Not even sharks were safe when those massive waves smashed into the rocky coast. That's exactly what she was...her name was rather deceiving.

"Coming, Sunshine,' he echoed back, an easy grin on his face as he followed her down to the shore. This was going to be fun, to say the least.

Painted Moose
Fin!

[IC] Kizingo'zaa Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces