Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Sikukuu Lands [IC]
[PRP] Beauty is in the Thought (Eloran, Damu)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:46 pm
User Image

It was the last night of the Firefly Festival, and Eloran had to admit, he was enchanted. He wasn't really one of the most imaginative or creative of creatures, and often what others called "art" went straight over his head. He knew beauty when he saw it, but generally that had less to do with the outer aspect and more with the inner aspect. Aside from the obvious examples of sunsets, ocean waves, and thunderstorms, of course. Major natural events always were beautiful, even when they were dangerous.

But at this moment, he was overwhelmed by many examples of what he could only call beautiful. Many large firefly lanterns were on display, as well as more intricate little ones. The one Eloran stood before was stunning. It was a hollow log, turned on its end. Many holes had been whittled into the dead shell, and bits of rocks, cloth, and other unnamable substances were laid over or stuffed into the oddly shaped holes. The result was a very large and very glittery sculpture of light, color, and movement. It was filled with so many fireflies, it must have taken several families all night every night to catch them all!

He then turned his gaze down to the small creation he held in his paw. He'd used twisted branches stuck together with sap, then a scrap piece of cloth over that. It was tucked in and stuck down in crevices, his attempt to make it resemble a flower. A lone firefly roamed the small space inside. His expression was somewhat defeated, as he'd made it painstakingly for his beloved, but now he was wondering if it was even worth presenting to her. Wasn't it rather paltry in light of the beauty all around him? He sat on his haunches with a sigh and looked around, slightly dejected. Maybe... maybe he just needed the opinion of a female. Yes, that might help.

Hopeful, he attempted to flag down the nearest female creature, a warm colored leopardess. "Pardon me, miss?"

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:09 am
Talencia

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Damu had to admit, she was impressed. Amazed even. She hadn't expected in the slightest to come across a pride on her travels and she certainly hadn't expected said pride to be... This incredible.

She walked with her usual stoic face, but on the inside was flabbergasted at the beauty and elegant manner of which this festival had been arranged. Fireflies danced in objects that otherwise were not meant to be bright. They shone and lit up the area in all sorts of amazing cocoons of glittering lamps. If she could, the leopardess would have stood with her jaw slightly opened and a face of shock riddled with excitement.

Instead she looked unimpressed. Had it not been for the excited tone caught in her voice one would think exactly that.

"Pardon me, miss?" The voice of someone speaking to her compelled Damu to turn. A dark manned lion was the source of it.

"Ah, yes?" She asked back in reply.

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:18 pm
CaliWolfe
My apologies for the lapse.

Now that he'd begun, he felt a little timid about showing his handiwork to a stranger. Still, once begun, he might as well press on. It might have been amusing, this big, burly lion looking sheepish and uncertain as he held a delicate if roughly-made trinket in his paw.

"I was wondering if you might tell me what you think of this?" He held up the twig-and-cloth flower. It glowed dimly, but the soft light brought out the color of the cloth and the complex pattern of the framework. He gave it an anxious look, ears folded slightly. "I made it for my mate... but I don't know. Should maybe I get her something made by someone else?" He fastened his eyes on the face of the pretty red leopardess hopefully. Surely she'd have the right answer... or so he hoped.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:31 am
Talencia

"I think it's beautiful." Damu replied. She was fascinated by the creation and her violets eyes scanned the cloth in curiosity while trying to figure out where the firefly was hiding. She lifted her head to look at the lion who appeared to be anxious. His mate must have been quite something to cause this intimidating lion to be so nervous.

Then again, nerves got to everyone at some point. He was probably just nervous for the sake of trying to give the perfect gift. Damu knew she'd be nervous if she was trying to impress somebody. "You put a lot of effort into this didn't you? I'm sure you're mate will love it."

She didn't want to hurt the lion's feelings and pride but in reality she was evading saying what she thought the object was because she wasn't certain of what it was. Though her curious nature made it evident that Damu couldn't resist but to eventually ask. "Is it..." She stared hard at the cloth and it's little folded sides. "It's a flower isn't it?"

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:06 pm
CaliWolfe

He first perked up at her praise, then his whiskers drooped as she made a guess at what it was supposed to be. He winced inwardly, as this was exactly what he had worried about. Still, she'd said it was beautiful before she had known what it was... that had to count for something?

"Yes, it is a flower," he answered her ruefully. "I just worry that it is... not enough." He gave her a mournful look. "We are newly mated, though we are not young lovers. We both have had mates before this. It's just...," he trailed off and waved his free paw in a vague motion of anxiety, "I don't know yet always what will make her smile." He stared down at his little rough creation. "She is very beautiful, and I want something beautiful to give her."

He turned his face towards the places where many such trinkets, more cleverly and well made, were available for purchase. "Do you think she'd rather have one of those? Or... this and one of those too?" He cast her another worried glance. "I just can't tell, and I had hoped... perhaps, since you are of the same gender, you might have an idea of what she'd like?"  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:18 am
Talencia

"I see." Damu nodded thoughtfully while listening to his predicament. Truthfully she didn't think being the same gender had much to do with whether or not his mate would be pleased with the gift. She figured that being mates would be enough for her to see he had poured much effort into the trinket, even if it wasn't the most... Identifiable object.

Damu then put herself in the shoes of this lion's mate. What would she like? Would she appreciate the gift even when all the others were much prettier?

"I think she'll like your flower, but if you really want to impress her maybe you could make more of them?" She would have cringed at having said that should her faced allowed it. Damu's goal wasn't to breed a potential insult. "I mean, does she like things really big and flamboyant? Over the top in a way? Or is she more simple and down to earth?" These were important for the leopardess to know, because even if she wasn't the most romantic adventurer out there, she could still try her best. Depending on what his mate was like Damu could come up with a half-decent plan.

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:55 am
CaliWolfe

Eloran's brow wrinkled as the leopardess suggested making more of what he held in his paw. The very idea made him wilt, because it had taken much effort and error in order to create just the one flower. To make more was hugely daunting, and completely impossible as well. Tomorrow was when they would all be set free, so that he had no time for making more than perhaps one more.

But at her questioning about Madakata, he paused for thought. "She is more simple," he answered her slowly, "preferring quiet happiness to loud merrymaking." Perhaps she was right, he was looking at this the wrong way. He was worried about disappointing her, but he was getting to know her pretty well, and who she was would give him the clues he needed. His ears swiveled as he mused, fragile flower lamp still gingerly cupped in his paw. "She leaves the flamboyant things to others." Even though she had been queen, she had never been big on flashy, extravagant things.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:28 pm
Talencia

Damu felt herself smile at his words, his mate being simple and not hard to impress. "Then that's perfect, you don't need to make more or change anything!" She expressed loudly. "Er, I mean..." How to explain it? Damu wasn't certain, she wasn't used to being in charge of romantic things, or planning them for others.

Even if the lion had approached her under the assumption that since she was a female she could help him; Damu felt obligated to do her very best in the advice department. "Look, you know it's a flower, and I know it's a flower, and I'm betting your mate will know it's a flower too! Even if she doesn't by some off chance, it's still beautiful, and... You made it yourself. I think any girl would be happy to receive something that was specially made just for them, and your mate being down to earth and all; yeah, she's going to love it."

The leopardess for once in the department of love, was certain of this.

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:51 pm
CaliWolfe
Thank you so much for your patience! You rock.

Eloran gazed earnestly into the leopardess' face as she began speaking. He found it reassuring she seemed so very confident. He was certain that he too should have been confident, but how he felt about Madakata was too intense, too important, and he feared to disappoint her or cause her any further unhappiness. But how could a gift from his heart make her unhappy? He really should know better!

His heart eased, and perhaps that is why, as she rushed on to reassure him that Madakata would know it was a flower, his face convulsed with a surge of humor. It probably was pretty silly of him to worry about whether she'd know what it was meant to be, and this helpful lady had a point. It was a little something pretty, flower or not, and Madakata was going to love it.

He rose, beaming at the stranger who had saved his sanity with her kindness. "Thank you so very much for your help," he told her sincerely, leaning forward to give her the lightest of brushes with his whiskers as a gesture of chaste affection. "I need to go give this to her now!" Eagerly he tucked his creation into a pouch around his neck and, with a last glance and cheerful wave, went bounding off into the crowd.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:35 am
Talencia
No problem, I don't mind waiting. :3

Damu allowed the grin on her face to stay as she watched the lion bounce off into the crowed. It was nice to know she had helped someone, even with her stone cold expressions that usually made people avoid her.

"You're welcome!" She called back to him as he vanished from her view.

Tonight was going to be a good one, she thought humbly to herself as she strolled away from the area. A night filled with fireflies, the delightful hum of an audience who watched the bugs in awe; and of course, she laughed, one of romantic endeavors.

Perhaps on her travels Damu would return to this pride, it seemed welcoming and fun riddled it's atmosphere. That was always a nice surprise, as the adventuress could tell you, not everyone was as friendly as those who lived in prides were.

So tonight she would lurk around the area, and in the morning she would take one step forward away from the pride. "Onto the next adventure." She spoke.

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

[IC] Sikukuu Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces