Welcome to Gaia! ::

Once Upon A Time.... A Multi-RP Experience

Back to Guilds

A multi-rp experience. If you want it, we have it. 

Tags: Goodkind, Sword of Truth, Role Play, Star Wars, Je'daii 

Reply Chatterbox
Fantasy RP, anybody? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

scuttlefish

Lady Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:40 pm
Shifting Fool
scuttlefish

... I can't do Applications, given that I suck at using the code.
The Ranks would just be the general... No. No, I think it would be better if no one was really in a seat of power, unless you, I, or someone we agree on is... Maybe... I think this would be better as everyone being Adventurers or new recruits for the guilds, legion, or stormcloaks. What do you think?
I could use some help on the plot background and other things, if you'd like to give out an idea or two.

I can definitely help with the applications, setting up the thread/making it look pretty and anything else that involves coding. If you're any good at making graphics/banners and suchlike that'd be cool, if not I can just rip some images off the wiki or something.

I do agree with you about the ranks, it's not really necessary in this sort of RP. If for whatever reason we do need someone in a position of power we can just introduce them briefly as an NPC, and have our characters move up in the ranks of their guilds/factions/whatever over the course of the RP. The only thing I'm concerned about is how we would do pvp combat without a level/ranking system....  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:30 pm
scuttlefish

I've always seen myself as a writer, not an artist. I suck at art.

As for battle, why not usse the Dice Roll action? If not that, then we just have the people discuss who they believe should win, based on skills prior to that... I think that the Dice Roll would be easier, y'know? Like, each person, in an OOC Thread, posts an 'Attack Post' and has the Dice Roll Action on the post. Whoever wins, wins the battle between characters.

Soriel Trash

Dapper Dabbler

scuttlefish

Lady Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:49 pm
Shifting Fool
scuttlefish

I've always seen myself as a writer, not an artist. I suck at art.

As for battle, why not usse the Dice Roll action? If not that, then we just have the people discuss who they believe should win, based on skills prior to that... I think that the Dice Roll would be easier, y'know? Like, each person, in an OOC Thread, posts an 'Attack Post' and has the Dice Roll Action on the post. Whoever wins, wins the battle between characters.

Well in DoaNA we have a dice-based combat system that works fairly well (still has a few kinks that we've been working out). It's posted in here if you wanna take a look at it. I know Rahl would let us use it if we want to, but I think I'd like to take the general system and add a few tweaks here and there to better suit it to this kind of RP. I'd lovelovelove to have attack modifiers based on primary/secondary skills like the ones in the games, but that might be a bit too complicated to implement.
I just had a thought, since you can choose the warrior/thief/mage stone at the beginning of the game, instead of having aggressive/defensive/balanced styles we could have different combat styles for warrior, thief, and mage. I don't like boxing characters into those kinds of archetypes like that since obviously no one is going to be purely one of the three (I preferred the large variety of classes in Morrowind, but yeah too much stuff to remember and way too complicated), but if we're going for a simplified combat system it could work, and of course if one chooses the "mage" stone it doesn't mean that they have to exclusively use magic and so forth.
Sorry if I sound too rambling or confusing! I get excited sometimes! sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:59 pm
scuttlefish

No no, that actually made sense to me.

If we could tweak the health values of characters, the system you've suggested would work nicely. I wouldn't want people to die from an accidental high hit.

Boxing would work best, however. I feel like we should. It might not be the nicest of ways to categorize, but sacrifices must be made in these situations.

I also like the ideas of each character having a buff. I'm a sucker for the older games using the basic stereotypes, so like, Mages could have high magic, low attack and health, Warriors have low magic, but high attack and health, Thief have high attack and low health and magic, but also high stealth. Crap like that, y'know?

Soriel Trash

Dapper Dabbler

scuttlefish

Lady Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:13 pm
Shifting Fool
scuttlefish

No no, that actually made sense to me.

If we could tweak the health values of characters, the system you've suggested would work nicely. I wouldn't want people to die from an accidental high hit.

Boxing would work best, however. I feel like we should. It might not be the nicest of ways to categorize, but sacrifices must be made in these situations.

I also like the ideas of each character having a buff. I'm a sucker for the older games using the basic stereotypes, so like, Mages could have high magic, low attack and health, Warriors have low magic, but high attack and health, Thief have high attack and low health and magic, but also high stealth. Crap like that, y'know?

Yeah, I'm going to do some work on it tonight and show you what I can come up with, along with the character sheets and all that, and you can give me your input. I like the idea of warriors having the highest health and highest success rate for attacks but with a mid-range damage output, thieves having high critical hits but low success rate for attack (but also higher dodge/evade chance), mages being of the "glass cannon" variety with low health but very high damage output. It's difficult to create a completely balanced system but we can always beta test it and make changes to it as we go along.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:30 pm
scuttlefish

Alrighty~
Whenever you get everything done, let me know and we'll start getting some stuff cracked out!
Yeah!

Soriel Trash

Dapper Dabbler

Cuteness Squared

Generous Poster

8,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Generous 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:30 pm
I love fantasy roleplays so much >w<
DEADPOOL!!!!!!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:25 pm
Cuteness Squared

You still looking to Rp? If so, I'm still up for it.

Soriel Trash

Dapper Dabbler

Cuteness Squared

Generous Poster

8,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Generous 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:21 pm
Shifting Fool
Cuteness Squared

Heck yea, I'm always up for an rp but, today I can't do much of nothing. Going to a friends.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:29 pm
Shifting Fool
Cuteness Squared

Lol not to be a nag but you still haven't posted in the Skyrim RP.... XD  

scuttlefish

Lady Lunatic

Soriel Trash

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:30 pm
Cuteness Squared
Shifting Fool
Cuteness Squared

Heck yea, I'm always up for an rp but, today I can't do much of nothing. Going to a friends.

Alrighty, then. Just PM me whenever you get back or something.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:33 pm
Shifting Fool
Cuteness Squared
Shifting Fool
Cuteness Squared

Alrighty, then. Just PM me whenever you get back or something.

YAY!!!! okay, might be tonight or tomorrow...most likely tomorrow  

Cuteness Squared

Generous Poster

8,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Generous 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Chatterbox

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash