Submit

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 1:41 am
User Image

User Image

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 2:03 am
Already she had grown into a fine lioness and with the death of her uncle, she had grown in an empress. Of course there were nobles among them that call out against their new empress in secret, laying false claims as she had planned her uncle's assassination to claim the throne for herself.

Still, even though these claims were false, they stung at the still grieving lioness' heart. Perhaps the fresh air would do her well. Tailing behind her was a leopard of staggering beauty while a plain necklace dangled from around his neck. On it was her family's design; something so unique, it could be considered something akin to heraldry or unique markings a family possessed. Around her own neck was another necklace bearing the same design though far more extravagant. It was made of gold and it had once belonged to her grandmother. Now it was her's and she wore it proudly.

The pride was vast and there was hardly time to mingle, but there was time in the diamond quarter at least. Getting to know one's nobles was of the utmost import of course, lest they turn and slit your throat for denying their request for tea.

"Safi," Celene called behind her, her light green eyes fluttering in the mid-morning sun. "Is there anything planned for today?"

"No, Your Radiance." The leopard responded quite promptly as his step tried to keep up with his mistress'. It was an honor to serve the royal house, more-so then any noble's home when one day you could have a job and the next you were on the street because some other noble decided they didn't like that house and had them killed. It meant a job for life and a cushy place to live, even if it did mean a life of servitude.

"Good. I would very much like to find my brother and discuss a possibly feast in his honor."

"What honor might be, Your Radiance?"

"Why the honor of being my brother, of course." Celene responded cheerfully as she proceeded through the diamond quarter to try and locate her brother. Where he was though was a whole other matter. For all she knew, he could be a lioness' den in a brothel or dead in an alley with a snake clinging to his arm.

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

Ritikine

Fashionable Risk-Taker

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 5:23 am
Jioni made his way steadfastly up the hill, purpose in every step of his stride. He had left the hill early in the morning, word having reached him of some rather unsavory characters lurking at the edges of their lands, however upon talking to those who witnessed these characters his search came up empty. They were either frightened of nothing, or whoever it had been that they saw had retreated from sight. Jioni made sure before departing that the others would be on look out, but doubted anything would really come if this.

The large male would not be nearly so quick to jump to these cases were it not for whispers against his sister's life. He knew that many spoke against her, quietly of course, and was set to defend her should the need arise. No harm would befall Celene whilst he was present.

Past herds and their Keepers he strolled, up the path until the herds of prey turned to herds of lions, leopads, cheetahs and any mix of the lot milling about within the market area. The calls of vendors hawking their goods rang through the air, and still he strode on, moving with swift determination. Soon he had made his way to the top of the hill, and the common folk were replaced by the various nobility.

"Your Radiance!" Jioni called out, spotting his sister some distance away. He was at least glad to see she wandered about accompanied by someone, even if it was only a servant. However as he got nearer still he frowned at her. "I gave fine suggestions for guards for you, I wish you would at least give them a chance." His gaze shifted to Safi for a moment, before resting back upon his sister. The frown only deepend as he continued, voice lowering as he spoke once more. "You know thre are those that would see you gone. I simply want to make sure that their attempts do not succeed."

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 5:31 am
"You give my claws too little credit, dear brother." Celene called back to him with a bright smile as she approached him to rub her head against his while completely ignoring his obvious displeasure in her being out without any real supervision. "Where have you been? We missed you at the morning meal." Though there were other things to speak about, she was glad to see her brother. Every day nobles died and other replaced them. She hoped her brother would not be among them any time soon.

Her leopard companion shrunk as he saw the obvious disappointment on the prince's face. Safi knew he hadn't done anything wrong, but still. Seeing someone so high so unhappy didn't see well in his mind. Keeping his mouth shut tightly and his head down, he let the two siblings talk while he kept his ears open for danger. That, of course, was one of his jobs as a servant to the empress. He was a bodyguard in some ways and a substitute for blows meant for her.

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

Ritikine

Fashionable Risk-Taker

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 5:42 am
Jioni replied with a noncommittal grunt, before returning the affectionate head rub. His posture stiffened once more and his frown lessened. "I got word of some shady looking outsiders around our borders and went to check it out. I wanted to quell any talk of Darkspawn at our borders before it sent a panic through the commoners. The last thing we need is a fear induced riot spreading through the pride." He snorted. "Of course there was no one there, shady or otherwise, upon my arrival. Probably just come jumpy Keeper crying hyena."  
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 6:11 am
"Let us hope that's all it is or else it might not be the commoners I need to worry about." There were too many among the nobility that thought her incapable as a leader during peace; one could only imagine how horribly wrong the situation could go if she proved incapable during a darkspawn attack on her capital. Though the thought of putting many of the nobles in their place and shredding any doubt in their minds was a delicious one.

"Come." Celene spoke as she turned to head back towards the royal dens. "I'm sure there are a number of matters I need to attend to before I can finally sleep with a snake under my pelt tonight." These political war games were tiring but at the same time amusing and terrifying fun. They had both been raised on them from the very moment they were born thanks to their prince father and emperor uncle, rest both of their souls. Still, nothing could prepare them for the amount of backstabbing and rumor spreading that taking position of prince and empress would bring.

"I would also like for you to talk to me about your time on the plains. You know I hardly get to venture much passed the diamond quarter; mostly thanks to you of course." Her words paused for a moment as she stared him down, "And I do not mean about the hyena a keeper thinks he saw. I mean of the grass and the beauty. All I see are dots and a sea of green." Or at least she thought it would resemble a sea from the tales her nanny used to tell her.

Safi quickly ducked behind the two, glancing over his shoulder from time to time to be sure no one was following them. It was interesting to hear what the nobles spoke of in comparison to what the commoners talked about on a day to day basis. There was such a huge difference that sometimes it still amazing him even after all these years as a royal servant.

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

Ritikine

Fashionable Risk-Taker

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 6:40 am
Jioni gave a nod of agreement. "I have given word to keep an eye out, just in case there is something more to this rumor than mere words and fretting." Celene had not been Empress long enough to gain any trust within the nobility, and he knew that should anything happen so soon that they would likely take that as an opportunity to outright oppose her. For now they spoke in whispers and behind den walls, but subterfuge was as much a part of their daily life as breathing and eating. Trust was a hard thing to come across, and such a frail thing when one finds it.

Another nod and he followed after her, stride steady and in pace, though he always kept a step behind. If he noticed her comment, or perhaps the intent behind it, then he gave no sign. "What is there to tell?" He asked, as if it were such a boring subject. "It's grass. It has been relatively quiet lately. A few merchants here and there coming in with wares from other prides, but really nothing more interesting that than." Jioni did not lie, but nor did he share his discomfort about this peaceful time. It seemed too quiet lately. Like a calm before a storm.

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 11:19 pm
"You insult me," Celene frowned as she turned quickly to face her brother, her eyes narrowed. "You know exactly what I meant. I want to know about the smells, the people. What where they doing? What of the herds? Have they grown in size or shrunk?" All she heard about the outside world was that it was dangerous and she should never go there, especially now. Even as a cub she hardly ventured passed the upper commons before her brother or mother would find her and take her back to the dens.

The nobles never told her anything that wasn't just honeyed words in attempt for her to swoon and marry them or one of their sons. She wanted to learn more about the outside world. Perhaps it was time for an empress to leave the confines of the hill and explore the world. Of course just the idea of such a thing would send her brother into a fit in which he would likely tear his mane out.

"Safi," She spoke quickly, looking passed her brother to glance at the leopard servant. "What do you see when you go down into the commons?"

His ears went back as he shrunk at the question. Safi quickly looked towards the prince for help in the situation. Was he supposed to tell her of the blood running from the mouths of those that fallen in the markets or of the cries of now-widows upon finding their husbands dead. Still, there was so much beauty and color in the pride that any traveler who didn't know where to look would think the pride a paradise.

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

Ritikine

Fashionable Risk-Taker

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 2:38 am
As his sister rounded upon him he came to a halt, sighing at her as she continued to press the matter. However then she turned to her servant, that rainbow leopard always shadowing her sister. Jioni looked at him as well, raising a brow as the smaller feline. It was clear that Safi was unsure how to answer, especially as looked to Jioni. Sure, the lands down there could be lovely, but they were also so brutal. Celene was in enough danger in her own home, but who knew what could happen out there.

So many unknowns moved about, stalking the shadows. There were dangers enough for commonfolk, let alone one of nobler blood. And Celene was no simple noble, but an Empress. And for that reason alone her life was always in constant threat of an attack. The lower commons were crowded, filled with any manner of shadowy and distasteful types just waiting to spot someone to take advantage of. Nobles face threats in their own homes, inviting in entertainers who could very well end up taking their lives.

Of course he could explain the dangers, but Jioni knew it wouldn't matter. His sister was far too strong willed to let it be. But the matter was pressed, and she sought her answer from her very own servant, and Jioni smiled coldly at him. "Yes, what are the commons like?" It was clear that he would give no aid, and the large male watched the leopard closely.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 1:39 am
"It..it is exactly as your brother says, Your Radiance. There is nothing of interest except merchants, grass and a smell most foul." Of course Jioni would not help him, why would he? Safi's ears stayed back, his tail down but his eyes turned to look at the maned royal. He might be a servant but he was loyal to the most influential lion in the entire upper class. He would remember this.

Celene would have none of this though. She huffed loudly and stared them both down with obvious displeasure. "You both are horrible, I hope you two know that." Maybe she would have to just go against her dear brother's wishes and see the commons for herself. Soon, but not today. He would surely be keeping an eye out for her in the weeks to come since this was the subject of much discuss over the last few days. The young empress turned away from them both but walked nowhere. No, instead she spoke, an obvious playfulness in her voice that started to turn more serious the longer she spoke. "You are lucky you are to be my guest of honor at a feast, brother. Or else I might just have you put in the herds to tend them with the keepers as a punishment. Perhaps an entire herd to yourself? Yes, I think you could handle that." What of Safi? No, she needed him. She could hardly function without her favorite servant.

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

Ritikine

Fashionable Risk-Taker

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 2:27 pm
It seemed the servant got the hint and stuck with Jioni on this matter, though he would not be surprised if at some point later Celene cornered the leopard again for the truth, or worse yet, tried to find out for herself. A slight nod went the leopards way as the servant looked to him. A small gesture of acknowledgement.

Jioni let out a small sigh at his sister. She was certainly not acting very Empress-like at the moment, more like a grumpy child. He could deal with the mild insults certainly, but now she was tossing threats against his position around. His body stiffened at this, ears perking forward. "Your Radience," He spoke firmly, frowning deeply. "There is no need for this. I am simply looking out for your safety." He doubted her serious about them, but he was proud of his position, and it certainly ruffled his fur at the thought of tending herds like a commoner.

A slow exhale left him as he closed his eyes, waiting a few moments before looking at her again, even if she was not facing him. "Now, what is this feast you spoke of? I heard no talk of a feast in the works."

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games