[PRP] Do Something (Tallskog & Gaved)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:48 am
User ImageIt was a risky move, going to his fathre to complain about Thorgrim's decision to marry his grandson off without first consulting the grandson in question. It was possible Gaved would not only side with his father, but be angry with his son for questioning an arrangement that had been made with the family's best interests in mind. Even so, Tall was desperate. Arranged marriages were an archaic practice and he couldn't believe that he was now stuck in one.

"Dad," he said to a rock that bore no resemblance to his father whatsoever. "You have to talk to your father. Dad, I would appreciate your help in...no, that sounds weak. Dad, I don't want to get married."

He sighed and kicked the rock. It was small enough that his blow could send it rolling unevenly downhill. Maybe he should try practicing on something that looked more like his dad. Or maybe he should grow a pair and just talk to his dad. It's not like he was coming to him with an unreasonable request.

Tall sighed, then he shook his mane, squared his shoulders, and set off in search of his father.
troll toll

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:24 am
User ImageGaved wasn't patrolling, but neither did he feel like slopping around the den chewing mint and getting in Stygg and Dalla's fur. They were always bustling around looking busy, even if they weren't doing very much. It was a female thing. So, Gaved was going for a stroll, looking for something to do that didn't involve eating mint or getting into a bruising brawl, neither of which sounded terribly appealing. Not when he had a date with Dalla to look forward to.

Gaved had heard about Thorgrim's arrangement for Tallskog. When he saw his son approaching him wearing a troubled look, Gaved had a pretty good idea of what was up.

Well. This would be interesting. And difficult. Raising the cubs hadn't been too bad. You basically just had to keep them from killing themselves doing something stupid for the first bit. After that there was just teaching them to fight, or in the case of the girls, terrorizing the young male lions away from them until they could fend for themselves. Gaved really hadn't had many sticky parenting situations until now.

He squared his shoulders to match the younger lion marching towards him and met Tallskog with a very stern look on his face. He remembered complaining to Thorgrim about marrying Dalla, and tried to channel that stern old lion. "You're marrying her and that's final," Gaved growled, fixing Tallskog with his most Thorgrim-like stare.  

troll toll

Bashful Bookworm

9,750 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sunny Side Up 100

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:33 am
Tall stopped abruptly upon observing his father's stance and expression. If he'd caught him at a bad time, he was completely fine with coming back later, when Gaved was in a better mood. Unfortunately, he didn't have time to pretend he had not been looking for his father and beat a casual retreat before he was being growled at and informed that he was apparently getting married.

"You know that's not fair, right?" he argued, doing his very best not to come across as whiny. Just...asserting his dissenting opinion. "I'm a freeborn. Freeborn. That means I'm allowed to decide for myself if I want to marry, and when and to whom. I'm certain it's illegal to force me to get married against my will."

Probably that was not the best tactic he could have taken, but he had honestly thought that he'd at least have a chance to lay some groundwork before bringing up the real issue. Stupid fathers being stupid and omniscient and looking like his stupid bossy grandfather.
troll toll

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff