Crew

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:23 pm
Princess_Feylin

Gyllene couldn't help but chuckle lightly at that accusatory glare. The little laugh grew into a very innocent-looking smile before she stepped back from the dark-pelted Captain.

"I don't take payment. I do this because I enjoy it. It keeps my paws and my mind busy, and it helps others. I'm always working on ways to make my salves and poultices better."

She chose not to draw attention to the way he put his paw over his tail. There was no reason for it. The lighter banter was far more entertaining, and she'd realized long ago that every lion had their little quirks and idiosyncrasies. It had been a long time since he'd been in the pride, and Gyllene figured it probably hadn't been easy for him out in the rogue lands, attempting - and succeeding - to complete an impossible task.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:10 am
Ru adapted the opinion he was forming of the lioness to include mild insanity. Nobody liked dealing with sick and injured people. Nobody in their right mind, anyway. Not that he would hold it against her. Who held it against someone that they went around helping people?

"One of the lionesses, I guess she's a priestess now? The one with the creepy blue eyes whose name completely escapes me at the moment. She keeps a thrall on hand just to test her concoctions on. Is that standard?"

He was settling into a comfortable position, as though he anticipated staying and talking for a while. When he caught himself doing that he began to reverse the process as subtly as he could. He barely knew this lioness, and certainly had no business making himself comfortable in her den. Particularly since he had been semi-kidnapped and dragged here.

"I probably don't want to know, actually. But I should ask if there's anything I need to know about the goop on my face." Not an actual question, but it was implied.

pinchmonster

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

bipolar bee
Crew

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:31 am
Princess_Feylin

"Yes, you probably don't want to know."

Gyllene shook her head. The priestesses of the pride were a little odd, despite their rank in the pride. She did her very best to keep away from them. A few of them were quite terrifying, the blue-eyed one that Ru spoke of was amongst them. There was also the one with the bells, and then Brynja herself.

Shaking herself from her thoughts, Gyllene offered Ruzanski a smile.

"It will prevent infection. Do your best not to cause more trauma to the wound. Give it time to heal, just enough so that the bleeding stops. I can give you some to take with you, or," she cleared her throat, "you're more than welcome to come see me again and I can apply it for you. Nicely."

It was an odd, roundabout way to deliver an apology, but there it was.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:49 am
"I think I'm capable of smearing gunk on my own face, though I appreciate the offer."

He was pretty much oblivious to the apology part of the offer. As far as he was concerned, all that had been taken care of already, and any need for an apology from her had been done away with when he nearly attacked her.

"I'm not actually heading home from here, though, and I'd rather not carry the stuff around with me all day. If you have time tomorrow morning you could stop by and drop it off."

He could spar later in the day. It wouldn't kill him. He really didn't want to have to carry medicine all through the pride as he continued his quest to hunt down Aesir's missing family members.

pinchmonster

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

bipolar bee
Crew

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:03 pm
Princess_Feylin

Gyllene couldn't really get a read on Ru, which wasn't really out of the ordinary because she could rarely get a read on anyone.

She felt a little foolish for having offered him the salve now. Of course he had things to do. He was a Captain, not some silly freeborn. The tips of her ears burned, but Gyllene merely dipped her head.

"Certainly. I make my rounds in the mornings, so I can stop by on my way. It will be no trouble."

Gyllene's tail flickered idly as she watched him, a comfortable smile on her face.

"Until tomorrow, then."  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:13 pm
He grinned quickly, probably looking a little nightmarish with the salve smeared on half of his face and his teeth showing like that. Still, he meant well, and ordinarily it would have been a very good grin.

"Excellent. My thanks."

He stood up and inclined his head to her, taking his leave. Not for the first time he wondered why there was no phrase for bidding non-warriors goodbye. Encouraging them not to die in bed seemed a little strange when logic suggested that was exactly where a non-warrior would die. Or maybe they were expected to fling themselves off a cliff when they felt themselves nearing death. He had never heard of anyone doing that, but he supposed it happened.

Ru would later spend some time trying to come up with something that would make suitable recompense for a healer who claimed not to want payment. He didn't like to be in anyone's debt, and he thought he might like to be friends with this lioness. It could be nice to have a friend who wasn't half-obsessed with fighting.

pinchmonster
Finished, I think?

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands [IC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items