bipolar bee
Crew

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:54 pm
User ImageIt had been quite some time since Hans had seen Astryd, and the male thought it important that he find the lioness if only to check in with her. His family had never been very close; his mother was stand-offish to her sons, but cherished her daughters. His father hadn't spent much time at home until recent days, and there was usually a tension between his mother and his father.

He knew it was because of the thrallborn half-siblings that Hinoko had fathered, and to be honest Hans still wasn't sure what his father saw in the dusky lioness.

Catching sight of Astryd in the distance, Hans moved into a slow trot, calling out as he drew closer to the lioness.

"Astryd. It is a good day to die."

Jovi of Shadows

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:52 pm
User Image She was window shopping, sort of. All grown and ready to make her way in the world, daydreaming of a handsome reaver that would eventually take her as a wife. After all, why wouldn't they? She was pretty. Right? Yes, of course, what a silly question. And if she was going to attract the right kind of male, someone strong and handsome, and warm, and... did she already say handsome; then, she was going to need to prove that she was the lioness to wed.

On today's agenda just so happened to be picking out the right den for her. Something big, but not too big, inviting but mysterious, with enough light to see all her beauty and none of her flaws. Did such a den exist? It absolutely had to! Astryd was certain it was a key component to attracting a good male; just, you know, not that certain.

It was during her contemplating that a familiar voice called out to her, causing the young lioness to jump slightly in surprise. Astryd was quick to turn around though, positively beaming. "Hans!" she called back, closing the gap between them with an excited step. She was quick to bump her forehead against his chin in greeting, but just as quick to pull back and smack him lightly on the shoulder with her paw. Not enough to hurt him, she was certain (after all he was male), but it made a satisfying thunk. "Don't sneak up on someone like that, okay? Its been too long!" Indeed it has been! She adored her siblings and her brothers were not spared any part of her affection.

Jovi of Shadows

Dangerous Werewolf

7,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Team Jacob 100

bipolar bee
Crew

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:08 am
Jovi of Shadows

Hans smiled at his sister, going so far as to chuckle when she swatted at him. It didn't hurt, and he didn't mind the light thwap. It was too good to see his near-twin, and he did not waste any time in showing his affection. Hans leaned forward to give Astryd a brotherly nuzzle, his chuckle deepening to an outright laugh.

"It has been," he agreed softly, golden eyes warm on his sister's face. "I did not think to find you here. What are you up to, sister?" In truth, he hadn't been certain where he'd find her. Hans had assumed she might still be living with their mother and father, and so his first thought had been to check there. When she had been nowhere to be seen, Hansulter had taken to wandering the pride.

It had been blind luck that he'd stumbled across her.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:07 pm
His laughter got an excited snort from his sister as Astryd looked up at the lion her brother had become. They were nearly twins, so it made sense that he'd be at least somewhat handsome. "And just what have you been up to, hmm, Hans?" she retorted playfully. In truth she didn't know what her brothers got up to for the most part, and part of her wondered if any of them had been thinking of finding a wife to settle down with. Ooh, that would be cute.

His question got an exasperated huff in return. "Well, its gotten a bit cramped at mother's", she explained with a dismissive shrug. Astryd loved her mother and her sisters, but she was grown now, and she needed some space all her own, after all. ... Not that her brother needed to know the other reason for her wanting to get away. Ick.

Her face lit up once more a thought popped into her head, and Astryd once more nudged her brother in affection. What good timing her had! "I don't suppose you'd know of any good den spots, would you? I'm having the hardest time finding something suitable for-" she almost said 'husband hunting' but quickly bit her tongue. "Me?" she covered with a smile.

Jovi of Shadows

Dangerous Werewolf

7,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Team Jacob 100

bipolar bee
Crew

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:53 am
Jovi of Shadows

Astryd got a very solemn look.

"I've been thinking about becoming a Reaver," he couldn't decide if he liked how the word tasted on his tongue. "Other than that, absolutely nothing." He shrugged slightly. Life in the pride was kind of boring if one did not have a skill or particular duty, and Hans needed to feel as if he contributed in order to prove his worth.

"Yes, well," Hans continued, switching topics to speak about their mothers, "now that we've all grown, I wouldn't be surprised to see mother fat with cubs again. More daughters, probably."

Did he sound a little bitter? He didn't mean to sound a little bitter. He loved his mother; she was a fine freeborn lady, and while they were not old blood, Hans was proud of his mother's brutish instincts. She was big and bold, and Hans knew he'd be lucky to find a wife of his own that might measure up.

"I know of no good dens," Hans watched Astryd carefully, a smile creeping along his muzzle, "but I've nothing to do for the rest of the day, and so I would be happy to help you find one suitable to your needs, sister."  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:47 am
"A reaver?" the words left her mouth with a bit of surprise, brows raising as another smile played on her lips. Oh, Hans was a strong male to be certain; after all, he was her brother and how could he not be? "Well, I'm certain you'll make a fine one if you decide to try it, brother. You have iron in your blood, I am certain of it." Astryd liked to think that they all did really. Her, Hans, Bren, Rolf, and her dear sister Cani- they all had iron in some way or another. Their half-siblings, well, Astryd was still uncertain with some of them, but she loved them all nonetheless.

The idea of their mother having more cubs, not to mention little sister, got an excited squeak and a little, cute hop from Astryd. If he'd sounded bitter, she certainly didn't notice it. "Do you think so? Goodness, that would be adorable. And all the more reason to find a place of my own!" If her mother did have cubs again, the current den would be even more cramped than it already was.

Oh, he'd help her? Her ears flicked back and forth as the thought for a moment, wondering she should risk him finding out her real motive for looking. Hmm. In the end, she nodded her head and gave him a grin, "So, long as I'm not keeping you from anything, Hans, I'd be happy for the help." She'd turned to lead the way but paused in her step to look back at him. "And Hans, if you become a reaver you should introduce me to some of your friends." Did that come off too forward? Oops. "I... never mind, let's go."

Jovi of Shadows

Dangerous Werewolf

7,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Team Jacob 100

bipolar bee
Crew

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:06 am
Jovi of Shadows

"I hope so, sister. I do not have any other skills to speak of aside from my size."

He sounded a little despondent, but seemed to shake it off. It was nothing to be upset over. Other lions in the pride seemed perfectly happy to laze about and live their lives secure in the knowledge that they were safe and looked-after. They were happy to be the hunters, the gatherers; duties better suited to thralls, as far as Hansulter was concerned.

He would be more than that.

"Yes, adorable," Hans did not sound convinced of any adorableness that might result from more siblings.

"You are not keeping me from anything, sister, I swear it." He followed dutifully after her, narrowing his eyes when she mentioned introductions to his friends. Certain things began to click, and Hans couldn't help but tease his sister.

"Are you in the market for a husband, Astryd?"  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:18 pm
She glanced back at him, the excitable Astryd catching a bit of his downtrodden demeanor. Her poor brother. He'd make something of himself, she was absolutely sure of it, and only wished he had as much confidence in himself as she did. Still, she offered him a smile nonetheless, just happy to have him around. He'd see it one of these days.

Astryd did manage to snort a little at his response to more siblings, amused by him. "They're fluffy and cute, that's all I'm saying", she responded with a short cheerful, laugh. She wanted some of those, too. Not right away, but goodness did she want them! Little furry bundles of chaos to fill her life with joy and purpose.

She nodded at him, happy to not be keeping him from anything. She had quite the afternoon planned and another set of eyes would definitely come in handy. His question made her falter, though, and she paused mid-step to glance at him. "Should I not be?" she managed to retort, hoping to deflect the question back at her brother. Regardless, she did seem to have that 'I've been caught' look plastered onto her features.

Jovi of Shadows

Dangerous Werewolf

7,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Team Jacob 100

bipolar bee
Crew

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:29 pm
Jovi of Shadows

Hansulter started laughing, then, an outright husky chuckle. Astryd was his favorite sister, and why shouldn't she be? She was happy and smiling, and Hans felt his spirits rise by simply being in her company.

"Fluffy and cute," he choked out past a laugh, "and Astryd is looking for a husband!"

She was going to pop him, he knew it - all in good nature, of course, and rightly deserved - but it would be worth it just to needle her a bit. That was what brothers were for, was it not?

"Of course you should be seeking a husband, dear sister," Hansulter chuckled again, "though none of my friends would be worthy of calling my sister wife."

The last was said as a peace offering. He'd been poking fun, but it was harmless, and he hoped she realized that.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:49 am
At first she quirked a brow at her brother, making a face at him for laughing at her, but then he started talking really loud. Okay. It might not have been all that loud, but what if someone over heard him? A moment of panic flew across her face as she took a quick look around them, hoping to find no one in the immediate area. She was unlucky. "Hans! Shush!" she breathed at him, something of a hiss out of sheer embarrassment. The fur at her hackles twitched and she was quick to shoulder into him, hoping to get him turned around in the other way so they could walk away from the scene, quickly.

Of course, then the thought came. What if they're watching? Stormlords balls! She stopped suddenly, straightened, attempting to make herself look like a proper lady that hadn't just flipped out at her sibling. Did anyone see? She looked over her shoulder, and no one seemed to be watching. At least no one she could see. She breathed a sigh of relief. Gods, that was horrifying. What if... what if... gods there was all kinds of what ifs! Like, what if no one wanted to take her to wife now- okay, that was stupid. She was awesome and she knew it.

Astryd huffed at her brother, having settled down somewhat, but still managed to pop him half-heartedly again. "Well. I'd say after that, you're definitely STUCK with me for the rest of the afternoon. As punishment", she told him, sticking out her tongue. Gods! She loved her brothers but they could be such a pain in the arse. Luckily for them, they were lovable pains in the arse.

Jovi of Shadows

Dangerous Werewolf

7,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Team Jacob 100

bipolar bee
Crew

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:27 pm
Jovi of Shadows

Looking properly scolded, Hansulter whispered a soft apology as he attempted to squelch further laughter. The way she looked around evoked a new set of giggles that he did his best to choke down, and he was pretty proud of the fact that he only failed a little. Only a little.

"Sorry, sorry, sister. I just. Well. You're my sister, and it's my job to make fun of you," his tone turned a little more serious, "and my job to make sure that whatever husband you find makes a suitable match for you. Someone that will take care of you, and treat you like a treasure."

Sure, Hansulter probably didn't take his own advice and treat each and every female like a treasure, but hey. His sisters deserved nothing but the very best, and he would make damn sure that they got it.

He grinned at her when she stuck her tongue out at him. Being stuck with Astryd all day was hardly a burden.

"Now," Hans bumped his shoulder lightly against hers, "what kind of den are you seeking?"  
[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games