Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Sikukuu Lands [IC]
[JRP] Dance of the Ice Pop (Meinir/Darnell)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:06 am
User Image

Sometimes when she felt the soft snows around her paws it reminded her that she was really built for the colder weather. Granted, she'd come a long way from the mountains and sometimes there wasn't any snow at all, but this time of year it FELT like it could have been anywhere.

Meinir ran at full capacity, feeling the chilled wind eat at her fur, and trail her before skidding to a stop inside the pride she'd heard so much about. Apparently they celebrated seasons, which was odd, but did she have anything better to occupy her time with? Her pride was disbanded, her brother in a lost state of mind...she needed something to do with her time. Something productive.

magnadearel
Sorry it took so long!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:09 pm
User Image

Darnell was dallying around the pride. He'd decided to take a month off traveling and his crier duties. The cheetah expected he'd be bored within a week and left within two. To keep himself in shape for the long hauls he usually did the male had taken to patrolling the edges of the pride. An easy run really. Not much more than a warm up and to stretch his legs.

Bright green eyes spotted a dark female cheetah heading his way. He gave a grin and hailed her. "Greetings! Looking for a good time lady?"

magnadearel

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:35 pm
magnadearel

It hadn't taken as long as she'd thought to find someone of this area, of which she was thankful for. Meinir approached the green cheetah, taking in his pelt like a child of darkness when looking at Spring flowers. To her it was a little loud, and flashy, but it wasn't like he could change it.

"Bonjour, monsieur." Speaking the language of her old pride she greeted him, then remembered she was far from home. Meinir frowned and cleared her throat. "That is, hello, and it depends heavily on what you call a 'good time'." She'd heard of the loose morals of rogues and other prides, but to ask a lady right off! How rude!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:56 pm
Painted Moose

The male pulled up short at the funny greeting. "Bon-gore mon-sir." He rolled the unfamiliar words around in his mouth. Oh a hello! "Well Bon-gore mon-sir to you too!" He gave a laugh. "My names Darnell! What's yours?" The bright green cheetah turned and started walking toward the pride grounds.

"Hmmmm well there's usually lots of types of games going on. It depends on what you like really. I know this one leopardess who's great with coming up with new games. Just watch out! She might test them on you." He glanced over his shoulder at her with a wide grin.

magnadearel

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:09 pm
magnadearel

Oh Gods above, she shouldn't have said anything. Frostbite felt a little tick start up on the corner of her mouth as she forced a polite smile, even though she badly wanted to correct his pronunciation. "Frostbite." She spoke with a notable accent, and didn't dare give her first name. Names held weight, and she wouldn't give it to a cheetah she'd just met!

Still, she followed after him. He seemed a little weird, but not bad, just weird. "Well, what kind of games are they? I might like to see her test them out." She was pretty bored, after all, and had come to be entertained! "What is your position here? And have I made it to the right pride? The season - party- thing." She waved a paw in the air.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:16 pm
Painted Moose

"Sounds chilly," the male seemed unfazed by her name. "Pleasure to meet you Frostbite. Welcome to the Sikukuu! Uh well.... They are fun!" Darnell tried to figure out how to explain it. "During a festive there's lots of different types of games going on. And there's usually some in the off times too."

He padded along contentedly as he talked. "I'm a Crier. Oh yes, yes you have. That's us!" Darnell gave a bob of his head. "Games can be almost anything. Races, searching games. One time there was a sour fruit eating contest!"

magnadearel

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:22 pm
magnadearel

"Ah, well, it's good to know I'm in the right place." She moved around to his side, walking with an air of poise, and distance. Frostbite acted as if she were royalty, and with her bloodline she might as well have been! She'd been a Noble not too long ago, but now...ugh, it as so odd to think about.

"So you have them often then? The festivals?" Frostbite questioned, trying to wrap her mind around the idea. They seemed cheery enough, which was a good sign. If they were all like him it would be hard to get used to, but not impossible. "And what is a Crier?" Did that mean he wept alot? Maybe it wasn't so cheery after all.

"So, just anything to match the time of year, then?"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:48 pm
Painted Moose

He nodded. And for once he didn't have to go to the edges of beyond to find her. All in all it worked well. Darnell was almost her opposite. He had an open easy walk with a bit of a head bob. Movement attracted attention, and he loved attention. It was his job after all.

"All the time! There's always something going on here. Yea the festivals usually relate to the season and like, but sometimes there's random games in thrown in." He gave a small chuckle. "Like that leopardess' I told ya about. Random stuff that one. Yeah and if she's looking for someone to test out her games watch out." His warning came with good humor. Yathy would never do anything to harm.

"Eh its m'job. Basically I go out and find other to come and share our festivals. Kinda like I'm doing with ya now." He gave an easy nod.

magnadearel

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:11 pm
magnadearel

Really, she couldn't tell, even this close up, if the marking on his rump was supposed to be some sort of flower or a bug. It was kind of odd, how much he resembled grass, even at this time of year. And that little happy walk of his...Ugh, if only everyone could be so blissful. She envied whatever quality allowed him to be so damn cheerful.

"So watch out for her, is what you're saying?" She chuckled, quirking her lip in a little snarky grin. "I'd like to see them, the festivals. Life gets a little boring in the rogue lands." She was planning on using these activities to keep her mind off the horrors of the world, and her brother, and his melancholy.

"Huh, so you're in a pride, but you don't have to stay? Such a thing would have never have been permitted in my home pride." Even the merchants had a set of rules to follow.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:28 am
Painted Moose
Fin with yours?

He gave an easy laugh at her comment. "Unless you like being volunteered for games. You'd be more than welcome to come and participate. That's why criers are sent out. To draw in the crowds. The bigger the crowd the more successful a festival." Darnell pranced along beside her. Oh boy did it! "I can promise it won't be boring here."

He had a laugh that started deep in his chest and seemed to bubble its way out. "I'm rather expected to leave! Is that so? I'm dreadfully sorry to hear that, and I'm glad you decided to come." The laughter and fun seem to fade out of him for a moment. Being confined didn't sound in the least bit fun. He shook it off. "I hope you'll enjoy yourself here."

magnadearel

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:19 pm
She wasn't so sure how she felt about being volunteered for games or not. Events of chance were not her forte, though she wouldn't mind seeing what the common folk did for fun. "If you say so, then I will join you." Meinir said in her thick accent, a little hint of a smile on her face. She was quite happy with the idea. A festival!

"I hope so as well." Was all she said. In truth the young cheetah didn't know what she wanted of life, or where to find it, but she knew that this was as good a start as any. She would join him for a few evenings, prod out how the pride worked, and see if it fit for her.

The worst that could happen was that she laughed, and would that be so bad?

(fin)

[IC] Sikukuu Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff