Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cheyriddle4

Shameless Kitten

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:28 pm
User Image

Looking out upon the still surface of the lake Nebula's mind rests uneasy. Secrets upon secrets twist and turn in his mind as he sorts them into compartments. As a young foal he has always been trustworthy. Never has he told another's secret. Nor does he ever intend to do so. A gentle breeze shifts through the strands of his purple and black hair causing them to sway back and forth along his neck. It feels pleasant and slowly starts to coax him back from his thoughts and into reality. There are things in which he could be doing besides going through the secrets in which he keeps close to him. The ones in which others have confessed to him so burdens could be lifted from their shoulders.

Turning away from the lake, Nebula makes way towards a small field. Grass is pushed down against the earth as others are pushed aside as he traverses towards a destination which he knows. Stopping at one point he lowers his neck to break off a mouthful of grass before he starts to walk again. Chewing thoughtfully he goes back to mulling over the most recent secret he is keeping. None of them are too bad, yet each secret is something another held close for different reasons. Fear, Nervousness, pride... those are just examples of why secrets are held inside. Nebula finds happiness in helping others and helping to carry the burden. To lighten the load if you will.

Hearing a gentle clucking from between his legs he looks down and see's Aria between his front hooves. A light chuckle comes from him as he nuzzles the top of Aria's head. His dear friend Aria. She may be a chicken and scared of pretty much everything, but he still loves her anyway. His right ear twitches and turns to the side as he catches the tune a mockingbird is chirping. He starts to softly hum along and soon is singing softly to Aria as he once more makes his way towards the other side of the field.

Nikkichomp

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:40 pm

User Image

Sable's hide twitched, flecked with sweat, as she walked. Her eyes were wide, whites showing, tail tanged, and she smelled strongly of soot and smoke. She didn't know how long she'd been running, or where she was. She'd long ago left behind any familiar territory.

The lightning strikes had been beautiful, their bright, jagged edges illuminating the dark, starry night. The trees were stark silhouettes, contrasting wonderfully with the flashes of light. It was a bit spooky, but thrilling at the same time. The whole herd was gathered to watch the show that nature was putting on, and the foals were especially excited about it as they got to stay up late. Sable had smiled at them, glad to see the youthful joy and exuberance. And when the storm ended, they all shuffled back to bed.

She was so tired. She stumbled down the path, tripping over her own feet, head hanging low. She had not searched for water since she fled, and her stomach had ceased to remind her to eat. She was too spooked to realize she needed to stop and recover.

Sable awoke suddenly. "Why am I awake?" she wondered. Although she was fairly sure it was still night, it was somehow bright outside. She took a deep breath, and immediately started coughing. What was this thick, foul-tasting air? She stood up and pushed through the branches that sheltered her sleeping area. She blinked heavily, as her eyes were not adjusted to the bright light. "...Bright light??" she thought. Her eyes squinted as she tried to see. All the trees were somehow glowing, giving off light. A sharp, acrid smell filled her nostrils, and from a distance she heard someone squealing. Although her sleeping area was not far from others, it was strangely hard to hear. There was so much crackling...

Her hooves picked their way over roots and branches, carrying her through the forest as her mind tried to understand. She didn't even notice the trees start to thin, long meadow grass taking their place. The ground sloped downhill into a secluded meadow, and the angle caused her to lose her footing. She slid down, scrambling to regain her balance.

Suddenly, she realized what was going on. "FIRE! The forest is on fire!" she yelled aloud. She spun around, looking for others, but saw nothing except for flames. "I have to help everyone get out of here," she decided. Sable turned in the direction of the screams, but abruptly, they stopped. Her heart sank as she realized that others were already dying. She took a few steps forward, just as a huge, flaming branch fell from above her. She jumped to the side, narrowly avoiding being hit, and took off running, not looking back. She was no longer in control of herself. The fear had taken over.

Miraculously, she managed to stay on her feet. She stood at the bottom of the small hill, swaying unsteadily. And like many other things that had escaped her attention, she failed to notice a stallion walking across the field in her direction.

Cheyriddle4

Pijrrh

Magical Gekko

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Flatterer 200

Cheyriddle4

Shameless Kitten

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:25 pm
Nebula was having a peaceful day. Yet as he walked closer to the hill he noticed a brown mare lose her footing and slide down the hill. That hill has caused many to lose their footing. Unless you know it is there, it is pretty easy to lose footing. The mare scrambles to her feet. She doesn't seem to notice him. His eyes start to fill with concern. She is shaking like a leaf! What has happened to this mare? Why is it that she is afraid? He moves closer and calls out to her."Hello! Please don't run! I won't hurt you. Are you alright?" He see's the whites of the mare's eyes as he nears. What has this mare been through that has her this spooked? Soon he might find out.

Stopping a few feet away his nostrils flare as he gets the distinct scent of smoke... He can only guess that this mare was running from a fire. Judging from how worn out she looks she has been running for a long time.Compassion and worry are easily seen through his body language as he speaks softly to her."I don't want to do you no harm. Rest. You are safe here. Perhaps get a drink of water. You look as if you ran for days and you must be thirsty. You can drink, eat and rest here. No harm will befall you." He can only hope that he is calming the mare, but with how spooked she is.. well it is hard to know if he is getting through to her.

Nikkichomp

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:36 am
Cheyriddle4

Sable jumped at the sound of the stallion's voice. She still hadn't seen him, even as he grew closer. Her brain tried to push her into motion again, to make her flee, but her muscles wouldn't budge. Her ears flicked slightly as they took in his words, but she only registered some of them. "Don't run.... alright? ...safe... ...water...rest here..." She stood in place, still swaying on her feet, the fragments of sentences slowly registering.

"Water," she said hoarsely. She coughed, her throat dry and rough. Her head lifted slightly and she really looked at the stallion for the first time. He was a surprising, but lovely, shade of purple. Or was it pink? She couldn't quite decide. Either way, his face looked kind, and his eyes held concern. A small part of her relaxed unconsciously, recognizing that he was not a threat. Maybe she was safe now.

Pijrrh

Magical Gekko

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Flatterer 200

Cheyriddle4

Shameless Kitten

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:41 am
He stays still as she slowly starts to register his words. He doesn't make any sudden moves until she starts to relax. It wouldn't be a good thing to startle her. Especially in this state. He moves forward after she relaxes. Moving to walk beside her he gently nudges her side to get her to walk with him." Water is this way. It isn't far at all. Just across the field then the stream is straight ahead." He moves forward never once completely leaving her side. He doesn't know the mare's name yet that information can come later. Right now his priority is to help her in any way he can.

It doesn't take very long to get to the stream. Thankfully the field is not a very big field. Yet there is enough grass to graze contently. He notices Aria further down the stream resting among a outcrop of rocks. As long as he can see her he is fine. Nebula looks over at the brown mare beside him. Red feathers seem to come from her mane. It really is interesting. He can only guess what the mare thinks on his coat. "I'm Nebula's Hymn. Over there on those rocks is my friend Aria. We aren't going to hurt you. Perhaps you will tell me your name? I only wish to help."

Nikkichomp

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:46 pm
Cheyriddle4

She stared at the stallion, who seemed unreasonably calm to her frantic mind, and before she could even register it, her body took over and followed the stallion to the stream. She turned her head and observed the surroundings, starting with his friend. This 'Aria' seemed to be some sort of bird, but had no idea what to call it, having never encountered a bird of this sort before. It looked like it wouldn't fly very well, with such a big body. Her eyes moved past the bird to the grass, and as she finally realized that the trees were mostly gone and she was on the plains she stopped in her tracks, blinking in disbelief. Her herd had lived deep in the forest, and she'd never ventured outside of it. The herd... Another look of sadness and pain flicked across her face as she thought of all the friends that were lost forever. She hung her head and began moving in the direction the stallion had been taking her. Mercifully, he seemed to be waiting for her, letting her take her time with everything.

Pijrrh

Magical Gekko

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Flatterer 200

Cheyriddle4

Shameless Kitten

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:51 am
Nebula wonders if the mare will speak once more. Yet she doesn't as she seems lost in her own thoughts. Wherever she came from... where this fire was... it must have been farther away from here. He calmly waits for her as she seems to be following at a slower pace."It's ok. You are safe."
Nikkichomp

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:49 am

The sun reached its peak in the sky and began to descend back toward the horizon as the silence stretched on. Sable's eyes were closed and she stood still as her mind settled bit by bit, bringing her back toward reality. She took a deep breath and let out a huge sigh. Her eyes opened, and she shook her hide to loosen the tension of the soreness that had begun to settle in.

"Sable. My name is Sable," she said roughly, her voice hoarse. She didn't know how long it had been since Nebula's Hymn had asked her the question, but she supposed it would be rude to leave it unanswered. She looked over at him, and feelings of embarrassment washed over her. I'm normally calm and settled. I've never been so hysterial, let alone in front of a stranger... she thought. It's much too late to change the past though.

"Where are we?" she asked.

Pijrrh

Magical Gekko

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Flatterer 200

Pijrrh

Magical Gekko

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:59 pm
Cheyriddle4
(oops sorry, forgot to quote)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:57 pm
Nebula looks out over the small river that they are beside. His thoughts going to everything that he can deduce from the mare. A slight tilt of his mouth is the only hint that he is happy about the company. Being alone in one's thoughts for too long can be a dangerous thing. Kind eyes turn to look at the mare as she speaks her name. "Sable." Testing the mare's name out he gets a contemplative look on his face as he goes over origins of the name. Something which has become a habit over the years. "It is a pleasure to meet you. Though I only wish it was under better circumstances. " Circumstances where they didn't meet when she was so frightened. Though it is probably best that it was him that she stumbled across in that state. Some others wouldn't be so understanding nor patient. Some can be downright mean!

Sable asks a question and glancing over at her he moves to dip his front hooves in the water."We are currently by the river that comes from the mountain down to the sea. This place is my home. I don't know of any specific name for this place." Giving an apologetic look at the mare he only wishes he could have been more helpful. "I apologize for not being as helpful as you probably hoped." Dipping his muzzle in the water he takes a drink of the cool water quenching his thirst.

Nikkichomp

Cheyriddle4

Shameless Kitten

Pijrrh

Magical Gekko

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:25 pm
Cheyriddle4

Sable sighed heavily, both to let out stress and to express her disappointment. If she didn't know where she was, she couldn't get back home again. "Not that there's much to go back to..." she thought, angry with herself for fleeing rather than staying and helping. Several quick expressions of unease and discontent crossed her face before her features settled into their typical smoothness.

She shook her head, mane feathers ruffling from the movement, and a small puff of soot flew into the air. Her head lowered toward the water, reaching for another drink. The cool water tickled her muzzle, invisible currents twisting and shaping the movement of the liquid. She closed her eyes as she drank, focused on the sensations of the simple act. Everything seemed a bit dreamlike; seemed unreal to her exhausted mind. Finally, her thirst was sated for a bit. Sable turned and looked at the stallion. "I...must apologize for invading your home then, especially in such a frantic state," she told him, feeling somewhat embarrassed now that she was calmer. "Do you know of anywhere nearby that is not occupied, where I may spend time getting my bearings? I am a long way from where I live, and I've no idea how to get back."

She paused. "I should say, where I lived; it has burnt down by now," she stated bluntly.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:37 pm
Nebula looks at the mare and ponders her questions. He doesn't really know where an unoccupied place is. Though this meadow is big enough for more than one stallion and mare. Though he hasn't the slightest clue on how the mare would feel about that. "I am sorry to hear of the loss of your home. I am sure there are places nearby that are unoccupied. One further down the river for sure. Though this meadow is quite big enough for more than just me. If you wished for privacy I would certainly not hassle you nor pester you. I myself am quite content with having my alone time too."

Nikkichomp

Cheyriddle4

Shameless Kitten

Pijrrh

Magical Gekko

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:41 pm
Cheyriddle4

Sable glanced at the stallion. Was he...offering her a place to live? He barely knew her! His spontaneous and generous offer caught her off-guard. "I don't think I could intrude on your lovely meadow for any length of time. I don't even know how I ended up here in the first place," she said softly. "Um...what is your name, anyway?" She blushed as she asked, although it was hard to see through her dark coat. Although a part of her wanted to take him up on his offer, she knew that she needed to keep moving, to have time to heal and recover, both physically and emotionally, before she called any place home again.

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games