Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
How to date?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xXbelovedXxx

Lunatic

12,350 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:00 pm
So I'm in college and I met this girl that I am interested in. Here is the problem: I don't know how to start a relationship at all-like even how to talk to her. So U see her almost everyday and I can't find a convenient way to get ahold of her so we can talk and get to know each other better. I added her on Facebook, and she never gets online. I don't have texting. So I need to actually talk to her in person.

How do I do this?
Advice?
Stories?
Jokes?
Pitty?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:01 pm
Track her down! Or work around both your schedules. sweatdrop  

Emo Kuromi Nui

Everyday Loiterer

Purple Robot Queen

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:37 am
xXbelovedXxx
So I'm in college and I met this girl that I am interested in. Here is the problem: I don't know how to start a relationship at all-like even how to talk to her. So U see her almost everyday and I can't find a convenient way to get ahold of her so we can talk and get to know each other better. I added her on Facebook, and she never gets online. I don't have texting. So I need to actually talk to her in person.

How do I do this?
Advice?
Stories?
Jokes?
Pitty?

Just go up to her next time you see her, and ask her if she'd like to grab a cup of coffee and chat (or something similarly casual). Something along those lines is easy, friendly, and innocent enough that it's not likely to scare her off. And if she agrees, it will give you a chance to actually sit down and get a feel for the lay of the land before trying to advance any further. If she's not willing to make even super casual plans like that with you, then she has no interest and you can safely move on (note that having a scheduling issue is not the same thing as "unwillingness" unless said scheduling issues persist to the point that they begin to feel like obvious excuses).

The most important thing about dating, though, is to try to get to know the other person and be yourself so they can get to know you. Obviously we all like to make a good impression, so there's nothing wrong with softening the rough edges, but don't pretend to be anything other than what you are, because then even if things go well then she'll just like the person you're pretending to be and that won't end well.

Also, don't worry about how you're "supposed" to date or handle a relationship. Every situation is different, and if you end up actually dating regularly you just have to do what works for you. Remember, dating is supposed to be fun. It won't be all fun and games down the road if it gets serious, but spending time together should be a positive thing in both of your lives if it's working right.

Those are my 2 cents.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:03 pm
I don't think there is a set way to do it.

It's something you have to tailor to yourself, to that person, and to the life you lead in general. <******** Hell, I've yet to even come close to figuring out how to flirt with people I like.

Just don't over think it.

Saint Sims
Crew

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

11,865 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash