Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Holy Crap, Russia!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Purple Robot Queen

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:14 pm
We've all seen and heard the various news stories about Russia's homosexuality laws and how they're going to affect LGBT individuals from around the world at the upcoming Olympic games.

Well that stuff has been bothering me just like it does the rest of the community, but this pushed aside that basically political outrage and caused me to feel some visceral, deep-seated disgust.

I'll warn you that this article is quite disturbing, so if you don't feel up to that, don't follow the link.

Kidnapping, Torture, and Death  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:24 pm
THIS IS SO HORRIBLE!!!!!  

Raeiko

weswissa

4,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:38 pm
This is horrible, I know why they are doing it though, they don't understand, and they are afraid, of what they don't understand. Though, I want people to understand, don't boycott the Sochi Olympics because of this. Then all the work that the athletes have done, will literally be for nothing, and they will have wasted there life, I know that. The best way to make sure something gets done, is to make sure people keep hearing about it.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:47 am
weswissa
This is horrible, I know why they are doing it though, they don't understand, and they are afraid, of what they don't understand. Though, I want people to understand, don't boycott the Sochi Olympics because of this. Then all the work that the athletes have done, will literally be for nothing, and they will have wasted there life, I know that. The best way to make sure something gets done, is to make sure people keep hearing about it.

Boycotting is a bad idea. Moving them to Vancouver is likely the best solution. As they have said that athletes and tourists coming for the olympics can and WILL be arrested for being Gay, lesbian, bisexual trans etc.

What's more Vancouver already has the the facilities for the winter olympics. George Takei has said that simply boycotting them won't solve anything and they need to move them.

The russian government must learn this is not acceptable.  

Lovely Morningstar

Sea Thrift

Hygienic Browser

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:25 pm
Over fifty percent of Russia is anti-lgbt, and it's been that way for a long time. And it's getting worse with a growing crop of neo-nazis.

Let's not mention what immigrants living in Russia on a work visa have to deal with. It's despicable.

Boycotting isn't the answer. People need to know what's going on and become proactive about it, not reactive.

Edit: I wrote this before looking at the article, then went to the link and realized it was pretty much what I thought it was about, lol. Yeah, I heard about that video through a YouTube channel called Truth Loader.  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games