Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Needing some gender advice

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kyla Stern

Romantic Seeker

5,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:50 pm
Hi everyone I'm new here and well I'm simply confused and distraught and a little depressed about this, but I am having trouble with being able to tell whether or not I'm truly transexual or a gender-queer most day's I find myself wanting to be a girl instead of the boy I was born as and then other day's I find myself accepting my male self and I'm really confused my parents never really believed me when I told them about this so this is really the only place I could come too.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:37 pm
Maybe you should talk to a professional, that's what they are for, and it's also why its required before they let people transition.

I could tell you all the typical bs people say towards this issue. but really its only a question you can answer yourself. (and probably already know)  

AmeliaParadox

Perfect Sex Symbol

8,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Full closet 200

Kyla Stern

Romantic Seeker

5,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:43 pm
AmeliaParadox
Maybe you should talk to a professional, that's what they are for, and it's also why its required before they let people transition.

I could tell you all the typical bs people say towards this issue. but really its only a question you can answer yourself. (and probably already know)

Yeah I'll try when I get out of highschool in a year XD and btw love the sig.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:28 am
Abby Kitsune
AmeliaParadox

Yeah I'll try when I get out of highschool in a year XD and btw love the sig.

Thanks smile

does your school have a counsellor or something?
you just have to tell them, if they tell your parents it could put you in danger, and they won't be able to disclose anything.  

AmeliaParadox

Perfect Sex Symbol

8,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Full closet 200

Kyla Stern

Romantic Seeker

5,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:31 am
Yeah my school has a counsellor though I can't speak to them till after school starts. And welcome.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:38 am
Abby Kitsune
Yeah my school has a counsellor though I can't speak to them till after school starts. And welcome.
speak to them, they can point in the right direction if they can't help you at least.

When I was 16, I lived 1km away from one of 3 gender clinics in the state, but didn't know because I was too scared to ask. didn't find out till a year later.  

AmeliaParadox

Perfect Sex Symbol

8,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Full closet 200

Kyla Stern

Romantic Seeker

5,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:42 am
AmeliaParadox
When I was 16, I lived 1km away from one of 3 gender clinics in the state, but didn't know because I was too scared to ask. didn't find out till a year later.

There are no clinics where I live unfortunately so hopefully the counsellors can help.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:26 am
The only real advice I can give is that if you're not sure, just don't try to push yourself to a conclusion before you're ready. People have tendency to need to slap a tag on everything, but there's no rush. Sooner or later you'll figure out what feels right. Until then, don't worry too much about how to label yourself.  

Purple Robot Queen

I AM R U

Savage Fairy

13,250 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:47 pm
Purple Robot King
The only real advice I can give is that if you're not sure, just don't try to push yourself to a conclusion before you're ready. People have tendency to need to slap a tag on everything, but there's no rush. Sooner or later you'll figure out what feels right. Until then, don't worry too much about how to label yourself.

You're so sensible emotion_kirakira  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff