Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
I feel so stupid.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Wolfcrux

Friendly Werewolf

5,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:12 pm
gonk I've been talking to this girl, and I like her a lot. She's a writer like me and an artist, and really good, too. She loves hiking and she's just a generally sweet, kind and beautiful girl. We've been talking constantly for the last few days and I admittedly developed a little crush on her, and it seemed like she likes me too but I just found out three weeks ago she started dating this guy.

I'm confused because she identifies as lesbian and she was flirting with me.. sweatdrop and I feel so dumb for thinking someone could like me back.

Have any of you ever had this happen? Like someone flirts and acts all cute with you then you find out they're taken and not what they said? crying  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:49 pm
When I was in high school, I was in the marching band and played snare on our drumline. I was friends with everyone in our section, but there was this one guy who played 3rd bass. This was my senior year and he was a junior. This was his second year playing in our marching band and this was my fourth and final. Being the only senior in the drumline, I started getting closer to my section and we would do some fun stuff together. But this one bass player started acting different around me. He would say some flirtatious things and always stare at me. He would even give me cute little nicknames and try to be physically closer to me. I enjoyed the times I had with him and it made me feel like I had finally found someone. There was this one time where we were all alone in a dressing room and he got about kissing distance away from me, but someone ended up walking in.

But the thing about him was, he always had a girlfriend. I would get so jealous of them, but tried to face facts that he would never like me like I liked him, even though he would act the way he did.

I sort of gave up hope on him after I graduated. I really can't decide whether it would have been better for me to have done something like tell him about my feelings towards him, or forget about it and move on.  

Madiso

FreeSkylar_x

Wheezing Millionaire

6,700 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:47 pm
You're not stupid. I have a huge crush on this one girl, and every time I turn around she's with this random guy that she's only known for a week. I've known her for 3 years now, and I love her from the bottom of my heart. She claims she's a bisexual, and she hasn't given me one single chance, even though I would do anything for her- and I have.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:15 pm
This is why I don't bother to try anymore.  

XrosHeartless

Wrathful Shade

xXbelovedXxx

Lunatic

12,350 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:22 pm
XrosHeartless

^ This.

I have given up on dating and what not. I don't think the love is worth the hurt.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:24 pm
xXbelovedXxx
XrosHeartless

^ This.

I have given up on dating and what not. I don't think the love is worth the hurt.

Yeah, the problem is that the rest of me doesn't want to agree with what my mind has made up. It'll come around eventually.  

XrosHeartless

Wrathful Shade

VirtualooSnape

Toxic Shade

17,700 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:14 pm
FreeSkylar_x
You're not stupid. I have a huge crush on this one girl, and every time I turn around she's with this random guy that she's only known for a week. I've known her for 3 years now, and I love her from the bottom of my heart. She claims she's a bisexual, and she hasn't given me one single chance, even though I would do anything for her- and I have.

Same here..I had near given up on finding love but I want it so bad and for someone to love me it hurts T.T  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:56 am
FreeSkylar_x

This is random but your hair is pretty.  

Irina134

Irina134

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:01 am
She is probably bisexual, but she likes girls more, so she may identify as a lesbian. I used to do it a little.

Or she was a lesbian, and somehow fell for a guy.

Anywho, don't feel silly. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. The day she left was just your beginning. You'll find someone out there. Don't give your hopes up.
It can be a bad feeling to like someone and see them like someone else. It's perfectly normal. Any yes, don't feel foolish, because you think no one will ever like you, someone eventually will, but before someone likes you, you have to like yourself.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:42 am
Sekemoto
gonk I've been talking to this girl, and I like her a lot. She's a writer like me and an artist, and really good, too. She loves hiking and she's just a generally sweet, kind and beautiful girl. We've been talking constantly for the last few days and I admittedly developed a little crush on her, and it seemed like she likes me too but I just found out three weeks ago she started dating this guy.

I'm confused because she identifies as lesbian and she was flirting with me.. sweatdrop and I feel so dumb for thinking someone could like me back.

Have any of you ever had this happen? Like someone flirts and acts all cute with you then you find out they're taken and not what they said? crying

/nods slowly, sighing*
It happens, girly.
It's k, though.
One day, you'll find your lady.  

Elijaey

Dangerous Genius

Laguna Loire24

Distinct Werewolf

6,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:27 am
No this hasn't happened to me yet but currently I'm not really looking for a relationship so there hasn't been a chance for it to happen to me.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:19 am
Maybe being the old fart in the room gives me a little different perspective on this.

First off, no. You're not stupid for thinking somebody could like you back. Absolutely everybody has some qualities that others will find attractive, and I guarantee that you are no exception. As far as this case, sometimes you just misread situations. It happens to all of us. And this doesn't mean you should give up trying. Relationships can crop up from the weirdest places, so relax, keep your eyes open, and don't be afraid to take a shot now and then.

Just don't let the desire to be with somebody consume you. I know people who are so desperate to be with somebody, anybody, that every time they have a chance they smother the other person and scare them off. And I know people who think that their life is over every time a crush doesn't work out. Trust me, what seems horribly dramatic when you're a teenager will feel like just another bump in the road as you age.  

Purple Robot Queen

Wolfcrux

Friendly Werewolf

5,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:09 am
Purple Robot King
Maybe being the old fart in the room gives me a little different perspective on this.

First off, no. You're not stupid for thinking somebody could like you back. Absolutely everybody has some qualities that others will find attractive, and I guarantee that you are no exception. As far as this case, sometimes you just misread situations. It happens to all of us. And this doesn't mean you should give up trying. Relationships can crop up from the weirdest places, so relax, keep your eyes open, and don't be afraid to take a shot now and then.

Just don't let the desire to be with somebody consume you. I know people who are so desperate to be with somebody, anybody, that every time they have a chance they smother the other person and scare them off. And I know people who think that their life is over every time a crush doesn't work out. Trust me, what seems horribly dramatic when you're a teenager will feel like just another bump in the road as you age.

Even setting aside the problems I legitimately have, I realize that within my age bracket I and my peers seem to be terribly fatalistic.
I'm trying not to think of it too much since I made this post.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:41 pm
Sekemoto
Purple Robot King

Even setting aside the problems I legitimately have, I realize that within my age bracket I and my peers seem to be terribly fatalistic.
I'm trying not to think of it too much since I made this post.

Good idea :3

If she was a lesbian, she wouldn't be with a guy - sooo, not a lesbian, I'm gonna guess.

And don't stress, you'll meet someone who loves you just as much as you love them smile and I know everyone says that, and sometimes its hard to believe, but please do your best!

When I fell for my partner, I was pretty sure there wasn't a chance in hell he could ever think of me that way - I mean, he was five years older than me, and straight crying turned out he was very gay and didn't care about the age difference, having had a crush on me since the first time he saw me, back when I was dating someone else biggrin so chill - it can happen, you'll find someone, but it doesn't have to happen NOW! Just concentrate on being a happy, single person smile  

I AM R U

Savage Fairy

13,250 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items