Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Break ups suck

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xXbelovedXxx

Lunatic

12,350 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:44 am
So my bf of almost 2 years and possible soul mate just dumped me so he could "experience more of the world before giving the kind of commitment you want to someone."

-also I never asked for any kind of commitment and he agreed to this later-

So obviously I'm upset and all, especially since he told me I didn't do anything wrong. I'm just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this. As of now I am working on recovering and moving on. Life just sucks.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:07 pm
Aww I'm sorry.
I understand how you feel honestly. I went through my first real heartbreak and I still have trouble coming to terms with it.

It's best to just keep the "What if's" away. I always thought of the things I could have done to make him stay or brought him closer, but it just made things harder.

Try to find a hobby or work on yourself. Become more social, eat better, work out, etc.

If you ever need to talk or vent or anything, feel free to PM me.  

Anthh

Man-Hungry Man-Lover

Brian Eyre

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:54 pm
I'm sorry to hear that. I hope things get better for you soon. )=  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:33 pm
Yeah, I just can't handle them. Part of the reason I don't date anymore.  

XrosHeartless

Wrathful Shade

Saint Sims
Crew

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

11,865 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:53 pm
I've never dated or been in a relationship, so I can't say I know how you feel. But, I can understand how you might feel.

More so, however, I'm more able to see where your boyfriend is/was coming from.

Relationships, from an outsider's perspective, seem like a lot of work and, yes, commitment.

From my viewpoint being with another persons requires that you be able to show said person the amount of attention they need. Some people need more, some people need less.

The reason I've never actively pursued a relationship is because of the fact that I would need someone who needs little to no attention, that or they can meet my lifestyle. Since I wish to travel the world and focus on building a career I need someone like-minded who can understand and empathize. As I am not a very affectionate person to begin with I know that I would need someone who can go a day or two without hearing from me and doesn't expect me to constantly gush over them; that's just not me.

So with all that said, I feel as though your boyfriend would rather not have to worry about forgetting about you. "Experiencing more of the world" to me means he wants to be on-the-go and turn his focus perhaps more towards his ambitions. Moving your focus means showing less attention elsewhere and also has the potential for forgetting about where the focus moved from.

If you truly believe he was/is your soul-mate then don't give up on him. Allow him the space he needs, support him in his endeavors, and just be there for him as you would have while you were in a relationship.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:11 pm
Der Fluch des Pharao

If you truly believe he was/is your soul-mate then don't give up on him. Allow him the space he needs, support him in his endeavors, and just be there for him as you would have while you were in a relationship.

That's what I'm afraid of. He will move on and I will be left in the dust as a memory.  

xXbelovedXxx

Lunatic

12,350 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150

Derailing

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:31 pm
Anthh
Aww I'm sorry.
I understand how you feel honestly. I went through my first real heartbreak and I still have trouble coming to terms with it.

It's best to just keep the "What if's" away. I always thought of the things I could have done to make him stay or brought him closer, but it just made things harder.

Try to find a hobby or work on yourself. Become more social, eat better, work out, etc.

If you ever need to talk or vent or anything, feel free to PM me.

I agree with Anthh in his statement regarding the "what ifs" and "what could have beens." My mental stability has been derailing since last year when I had to break up from my ex-boyfriend who did not communicate much with me towards the end of our relationship. I've always wondered what would've happened if I didn't get out of that relation and it just makes the healing process tougher. If you guys ended up in good terms then give him some space and assure him you'll be there as a friend and that you hope for the best in their endeavors. I'm sorry about your breakup, nonetheless.  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games