Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:31 pm
User Image

True to her word, Adaala didn't roam far that day. She found a nice little cave to stay dry in should it rain, but the night was a dry one. The next morning she found herself a bit of breakfast in a baby rabbit before heading back to the water to get a morning drink. It was turning out to be a nice day, overcast with a chance of rain, if the smell had anything to say about it. She certainly wouldn't mind, though. Rain was a sensation she had always enjoyed, as long as it wasn't pouring buckets.

For the time being, though, she stretched out on a rock near the water, catching a few rays as the clouds parted from time to time. Waiting for Glaurung to show up was hardly a chore. She hadn't taken a day to lay around in quite a while. She'd been too busy trying to survive in the rouge lands and exploring this place to enjoy a nice little cat nap.

Now seemed to be the time, though. Yellow eyes slid closed as sleep took her, a content look on her face as she dozed, her tail keeping the bugs away.

Lithia_Brandon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:52 pm
SilverLutz

Glaurung had no idea what the weather was going to do. For one lion that had the ability to just look up and see the sky, he rarely did it. He was too focused on the ground, most of the time, trawling for herbs and interesting looking plants he could add to his potions. He was always working, always practicing.

Or he was sick, from drinking a potion he thought was good but turned out not to be. But at least the pride had other, better healers who generally knew how to help him.

And there was nothing particularly deadly on the grounds around his home.

Padding back to where he had met that lioness, Adaala, he had a pouch bouncing around his neck. It was full to the brim with all his herbs and tools, and the little nut bowls he made to hold them when he wanted to. He would just use the water from the watering hold and add the ingredients to it there. Then bam, potions!

He hoped she would be impressed.

"Hello!" he called, when he saw her, though he didn't realize she was taking a nap until he got closer. "Oh, no, I'm sorry!" He said, skidding to a stop. Interrupting again.

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:07 pm
Adaala's ear twitched as Glaurung called out, rousing her from her nap. It took her a few moments to summon the willpower to lift her head, but the lion realized his 'mistake' before she did so. Once she did turn her head in his direction she was smiling, and she stretched her legs to wake herself up.

"Sorry for what, my friend?" she asked, claws extending at the peak of her stretch. She yawned before rolling to her paws, pushing herself up and giving her body a quick shake to get rid of any dust or bugs that might have joined her in her nap. She lifted her head, ears pointed forward to re-orient herself as to where the green lion stood, before making her way over to him.

"I was simply napping to pass the time while waiting for you. Good morning," she added, glancing up at the sky. No warmth hit her face so she assumed it was overcast. "If it is morning...it's hard to tell when the clouds are covering the sun."

Lithia_Brandon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:28 am
SilverLutz

Glaurung smiled as she woke, nodding his head. The comment about how it was hard to tell what time of day it was for her was completely lost on him, glancing over his head without so much as ruffling his fur.

He was oblivious, still, to her blindness.

"Well, for waking you up, I guess. I didn't mean to disturb you... again. But I'm glad you're up and good morning to you, too!" He smiled brightly and scooted closer, taking off his pouch with a bit of difficulty and putting it down on the floor. He looked at her and hoped for a reaction as the bag opened to reveal all of his potions. It made some interesting sounds, at least.

"I brought some of my ingredients to show you how to make a potion! It isn't a very complicated one, it just helps with upset stomachs, as far as I can tell from my experiments."

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:45 pm
Adaala could hear the excited tone in Glaurung's voice and she wondered if his potion making the previous night had been a success. She doubted, even with her sight, that she'd be very good at something so precise. Her blindness had made her calm her rather rambunctious ways, so sitting still for too long used to drive her insane. Now she enjoyed relaxing, but she didn't think she'd be one for testing, failing, and trying again with or without her vision.

Her ears swiveled forward again as the little collection trickled out of the bag and onto the ground, causing her head to move down with them. She leaned down to sniff them hesitantly, not sure if they'd be dangerous. Then again, if it was for curing an upset stomach, they shouldn't be.

"That is a very handy potion to have," she said as she lifted her head, her nose full of smells. "I would love for you to teach me how, although I cannot promise I will be competent in trying to reproduce it." She reached out with one paw, fumbling for one of the little nut bowls that held some of the ingredients. "What is in this one?" she asked, bringing it to her nose for another smell.

Lithia_Brandon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:49 am
SilverLutz

Glaurung watched her now, and tilted his head at her actions. She was very curious, and he watched her as she closely examined the ingredients he had gathered for her. His eyebrows lifted at her sniffing and her padding the items with her paws.

It was suddenly dawning on him that she was not looking at anything, not like he did. Now that the thought was in his head, it was easy to put it together. A little late, but better than never.

"Oh! Y-you can't see?!" He blurted, then clamped his jaws together and stared at her wide eyed. At least she could not see all the stupid faces he had been making recently? Or the awkward way he shuffled when he was around her, or the starry look in his eyes when he thought about doing something she might find impressive or cool.

He scooted a bit closer, clearing his throat.

"I-I mean. Uhm. Well, the ingredients aren't too complicated. There's this leaf, and the stem from this plant." He took the samples he had brought with him and scooted them to her in case she wanted to examine them.

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:37 pm
Adaala lifted her head as Glaurung seemed to realize for the first time that she was blind. A small smile crept over her maw as she tried very hard not to laugh. He had only just noticed?

"I cannot see," she confirmed with a slight nod. "Are you sure that you can?" she added, a teasing tone in her voice. She wasn't making fun of him, of course. She just found it amusing that he was as spacey as he sounded. She heard him move closer, which she didn't mind at all, and she glanced back down at the herbs as he began to explain them to her.

"Do you use both for the potion?" she asked, leaning down to sniff the ground until she found the plant. She inspected it as best she could, short of tasting it, before lifting her head again. "It has a very peculiar smell...as if it survived a brush fire." She paused, but then chuckled softly. "Which would be silly...have you kept it with your other potions?" Perhaps it was just the combined smells that were confusing her.

Lithia_Brandon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:24 pm
SilverLutz

Glaurung sometimes had to stop and wonder at how dense he could be. Was he really that dumb or was this just a particularly bad week for him? He thought he had some brains to him: he did manage to figure out how to make some nice potions, after all. But he was beginning to wonder if that was a fluke or two.

Any good thing he did was the fluke, and all the mistakes were his reality. That seemed about right but it was certainly depressing.

No, he was better than that and he needed to toughen up and not let his doubt get the better of him. Anyone could have made the same mistake, right?! It was not like she walked around saying she was blind, and who could blame her! It was just a compliment to how well she had adapted that he hadn't been able to tell.

"Sometimes I'm not so sure I see when I look at things," he laughed, shaking his head slowly. He felt guilty but her light tone made it easier for him to joke as well. "It smells funny? I've never smelled them much, except to make sure they don't smell rotten. But maybe my nose isn't that sensitive. I keep all the bowls and ingredients together! I just have to put what ingredients I want to use into the bowls and then add some water and then it is usually ready to drink."

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:52 am
Adaala nodded slightly as Glaurung continued on, smiling just a bit as he began to explain how he made the potions. "So the one that you are going to show me now," she said, pawing the plant that was still by her foot. "Is it just this plant? Its leaf and its stem? Or is there more to it than that?"

She assumed there was more to it than that, otherwise why make the potion? Eating the plant would probably be the easier way to take care of an upset stomach if that was all it took, but of course she wouldn't say that if it were, in fact, the only ingredient other than water. In her youth she hadn't been very tactful, but now she knew when to hold her tongue.

"And what are these?" she asked, pawing lightly at a few of the empty nut containers. "They feel and smell like nuts but are not as heavy as they should be."

Lithia_Brandon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:25 am
SilverLutz

"They're the husks of the nuts," he said, scooting closer. He picked up a larger leaf with his teeth and put it down near her paw, nudging some berries toward her as well.

"There are four ingredients to this one, for mild pain relief, and then some water. So I guess five. But so far it's been effective, as much as I can tell, I mean! I can't really test things too well yet but I figure once I'm better and once I'm known, then maybe I'll be able to have more options. If I go to the castle mountain, then I'll definitely have more to work with."

He was a big dreamer, and that was his ultimate goal. To serve the King directly, and keep his stomach from being upset. Or something like that.

Whatever use he could be to the King, he would serve it whole heartedly, not matter what others in the pride said.

"You just sort of crush everything together then put it all in the water, let it sit and then it should be ready to drink. I only make one bowl at a time, because I can't save them and they go to waste. Which is a shame."

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:20 pm
As new items were pushed towards her, Adaala bowed her head to smell and touch each one in turn. The berries were a bit squishy and stuck to her paws, but everything else was fine. She lifted her head again with an impressed look on her face as Glaurung continued to speak.

"Husks of the nuts...and you use them to mix the potions in?" she asked before turning her head back to the ground. The scent all of the plants and berries created was complex, but it was sweet and she figured she wouldn't mind drinking it if it would solve an upset stomach.

"I would be a willing test subject for future endeavors, once you've discovered they're not poisonous," she offered. "I fall victim to upset stomachs quite frequently. I always have. So perhaps this could be the answer to my rather unfortunate stomach issues." Reaching out, she placed a paw gently over the other lion's, patting it gently. "And I am certain you will reach your goal. You have a very positive attitude and that will only get you good things in life."

Lithia_Brandon

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:06 am
SilverLutz

Glaurung looked a little surprised, but then he remembered she couldn't see him so he let himself look very surprised, and more than a little worried. He was not sure she would much like being his experiment. Sure, he could decide if they were not poisonous but he didn't know of effective they would be. What if she had a bad stomach ache and he made a potion that was too weak to help?

She would be disappointed in him, and he wasn't sure he would like that. He found he wanted her to think he was impressive.

But he also wanted to see her again, and giving them a reason like this to hang out consistently was high on his list of things to do. She could come to his den, or he could go to hers, and they could talk and get to know one another some more... and maybe she would like him a little bit.

He blushed under his fur, weighing the options.

"I would like that very much. I mean. You helping me with my potions and visiting o-or me visiting you or. Uhm. Y-you know. Just. Visiting. Each other. For potions, I mean. And.. uhm. Yeah." He shut his mouth and stared hard at the ground, kicking himself mentally. It was her touch that made him forget how to speak.

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:47 am
Adaala had to smile a bit more as Glaurung stumbled over his words. Ah...he was a dear, wasn't he? She removed her paw from his to hopefully calm his nerves, but she scooted just a bit closer to let him know she was interested in learning still, both about his potions and about him. She had never come across a lion so genuinely adorable before. His stammering ways, while vastly different from her own measured way of speaking, reminded her of a cub that had grown up too fast and was still learning the ropes.

"And, perhaps, to talk more?" she suggested, an interested tone to her voice. "Not about potions, although I do enjoy learning. But I would also like to learn more about you. You have been very welcoming and kind to me, and seem very focused on your goals, which is something I cannot say for the few other pride members I have met." Indeed, the ones she spoke with were more intent on getting her to see the reasons why Druids were lower class, why Tokas were better, and honestly it was all a bit dull.

"And you have been very sweet," she added with a little chuckle. "Clumsy but endearing. You are cut from a special cloth, Glaurung."

Lithia_Brandon
We can wrap this up in the next two, I think. She's got all her RPs after we're done here =3

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:28 am
SilverLutz
Awesome! He's ready to go, too =] I think this is a fin for me?

Glaurung blushed a bit, nodding his head and watching her. He had to remind himself that she could not see him nodding, but it took him a moment to remember how to talk now that she was sitting near him. She might not be able to see it when she drank from the water or was near something reflective, but she was very pretty and it made him nervous.

Obviously.

"I would really like that, too. I mean. I was trying to say that but it... didn't come out right. Uhm. But I am looking forward to it, very much. Talking and... getting to know you."

He didn't know about being special in any way, but he already knew she was. Not just because she couldn't see, but was still so capable. She was nice, and accommodating, and she had a depth of patience that he usually could not find, and did not deserve.

It was going to be very nice, getting to know her.

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:43 am
Adaala nodded just a bit, wondering if there would come a time when the nervous lion would be confident around her. She doubted it would happen over night, but then were would the fun in getting to know him be? She enjoyed things that took a bit of time to produce an end result, even if she had been very impatient when she was younger. Traveling without sight through unfamiliar lands made you appreciate the smaller things in life.

"As am I. But for now, I think, we could do with some breakfast." She stood and began to push Glaurungs things together so they could pack up and find something to eat. Thankfully food was easy to come by here, so there was no rush. Hunting together would be an enjoyable experience, as well as a good ice breaker for the male. They set off from the small pond, Adaala's tail flicking against the male's from time to time, shoulders brushing as they set off for food.

FIN  
[IC] Tokakinji Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff