Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:27 pm
User Image

Rosales had not been here long, but he was finding things much less stressful then life out in the wilds on his own...it was true that from time to time he still thought of his mother and his sister, wondered if they had somehow survived and might be looking for him..but those were passing thoughts that he recognized as faint and unlikely hopes.

No..it was time for him to move on, to make a new life for himself in a new home..and thus far he was not complaining about this one. There were rules and expectations but Rosales was alright with that..he rather preferred a bit of structure in his life, things were simpler when you knew what was expected of you. Of course he was still settling in, had yet to even meet anyone besides the mare whom had brought him back here. That was alright, Rosales was sure that would change as time wore on. He was an optimistic beast by nature and found it hard to think that this new life could be anything but pleasant and cropping the grass near his feet he continued to inwardly contemplate this new change in his life, barely watching where he was going.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:20 pm
User Image

Ignazio stumbled into the meadow, his vibrant green eyes dazed and confused, his mane rumpled. Taking a few steps into the meadow, he flexed his sore wings gingerly. Not sure how to manage the mutated pinions and unwilling to trust his assertions that they were useless for flight, the sisters of the flock had clipped his jagged feathers and pierced them with weights to ensure he couldn't escape by air. The stallion wasn't used to such rough treatment at the hands of females and the entire experience had left him feeling rather boggled. One moment he had been having an increasingly interesting conversation with the beautiful clawed mare, Vaniania, the next he had been overpowered and dragged into a society the likes of which he had never heard of. Lovely, fierce, graceful mares abounded, shadowed by meek and respectful stallions, some clawed, some hooved like himself. The experience of having his wings clipped had not been a particularly enjoyable initiation to this strange culture, he had been captured. He was a prisoner in a strange land and he didn't understand what was happening or what was expected of him now, all he knew was that his sister was out in the wild, now well and truly alone, and if he didn't find a way to escape this beautiful prison her trail would go cold and he may well lose her forever.... Locked in this mental struggle, Ignazio wandered blindly about the meadow, unaware of the other occupant of this small meadow.

Faithofthefallen
Crew

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:37 am
Faithofthefallen

Rosales wasn't entirely sure just when he had stopped being the only stallion in this tiny meadow, indeed he certainly hadn't noticed when another had entered...but when he lifted his head to take a gander about there he was! At first look Rosales wasn't to concerned, a bay stallion had joined him but that was hardly worth worrying about..but then..he noticed the way the other seemed to be stumbling about and what, pray tell..where those bright red things on his side? Were they wings? If they were Rosales had never seen any quite like them, one part of them even looked unnervingly like a giant eye. Creepy.

Still the other stallion looked a bit on the ruffled side and despite his scary and odd appearance Rosales had always been taught to be kind about such things...or perhaps he ought to call for one of these sisters to help him? No he'd look foolish if he called for help and the other stallion didn't really need it...no he ought to investigate first he was sure.

Somewhat nervously he half stepped and minced closer to the other stallion before clearing his throat to get his attention. "Ex..excuse me...are you o-okay?" He managed to mutter out even while braced to run off if the strange looking stallion with his creepy eye wings made a startling movement.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:49 pm

Ignazio flared his wings defensively as the other stallion's voice dragged him out of his reverie. Both sets of eyes fixated on the other male and blinked simultaneously. His emerald gaze took in the stranger's vibrant plumage, strange marking, and claws in barely concealed awe. He had never seen anything like this creature before him, "Er, hello." He responded somewhat awkwardly, tucking his wings back against his side once more now that he was sure the somewhat frightening females hadn't removed to trim or tug at more of him.

"I think so? Physically at least, I must admit that I'm having a hard time understanding exactly what is happening right now." Ignazio glanced down at the others claws apprehensively, "Are you one of them?" he asked rather pointedly, the stallion didn't seem overly servile but the tension in his body made it clear he was ready to bolt at any sign of danger. "One of the harpies, I mean? I've only just been captured you see, and all of this... Is a little much to take in to be honest with you." Ignazio was not generally one to be chatty with strangers but he found himself being feeling comforted by the presence of another male.

JetAlmeara

Faithofthefallen
Crew

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:55 am
Faithofthefallen

When the other stallion did not lunge or make any other unsettling motions..well any more unsettling then having more then the standard two eyes Rosales relaxed a small fraction. The other stallion was strange, very strange...but he didn't seem to be dangerous, why he was even seemed a little bit nervous about him, Rosales found that kind of funny really..he had never had anyone afraid of him before! It wouldn't be kind to take advantage of that however so Rosales refrained from doing anything so crude as flexing his talons and the like.

What the other stallion was saying however..Rosales found somewhat perplexing, oh sure Lhiannon had filled him on the herds rules and such but 'captured' and such language hadn't been mentioned. "One of...oh no, I was offered a place of safety here after my family passed on and left me by my lonesome, I have only been here a very short time. I'm glad to hear your not injured." He expressed sincerely.

"But..are you saying you did not come here because you wanted to be here?" Rosales questioned, still a touch perplexed by the other's remarkss on this matter. .

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:21 am
"I'm afraid not. I was on the trail of my sister, when I ran into the Lady Vaniania. We chatted and she offered me a place to rest from my travels. It all happened so fast, one moment we were having a nice conversation, the next I had been ambushed, trussed up, and dragged before the queen for judgement. I suppose its my own fault for trusting a mare I just met, but I suppose there's no use regretting what is already over and done with... I shall simply have to escape..." Despite the harsh edge to his voice at recalling the memory, his eyes softened when he mentioned the mare who had captured him. Still, he knew she was not to be trusted. None of them were, save his sister. He had know that his entire life and look where it had led him, a momentary lapse in judgement, following his heart rather than his head and he was imprisoned in an entire colony of mares.

His expression softened at the news of the stallion's loss. "I am truly sorry to hear that. I am happy you, at least, were able to come here of your own volition. I'm afraid I'm still unsure of the situation I find myself in, or what's expected of me. Sometimes it seems I am to be a coddled pet, and sometimes a prisoner. You're the first other male I've encountered since coming here to be perfectly honest... My name is Ignazio by the way, I apologize for not introducing myself sooner."

JetAlmeara

Faithofthefallen
Crew

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:16 pm
Faithofthefallen

Rosales eyes widened and continued to grow as the other stallion related his story. He was sure there had to be some sort of mistake..sure this stallion had misunderstood the mare's intentions. Perhaps they had captured him to save him from some sort of danger? Yes..that must be it and surely in time Ignazio - as he introduced himself - would come to understand. "Oh..I'm sure the sisters can be trusted..the mare who brought me here was quite kind. Perhaps something was happening that we just did not understand. Some outside threat.." He suggested, attempting to put forth his idea about a misunderstanding though Rosales was pretty sure he did a terrible job of it. Rosales had never been all that good at reasoning out such things. His mother and sister had always done such things for him.

"And if that is the case..well perhaps you should find out more before trying to...well...you know.." Rosales stated his voice lowering slightly with that sentence as he peered around. The word 'escape' made him nervous, it implied running off to do something one wasn't supposed to be doing and Rosales would never want to be involved in something like that. Of course Rosales couldn't add anything else to the other stallions knowledge. "I don't know what I am expected to do just yet either I'm afraid, I was merely told that I would be protected here. I am sure I will be expected to earn my keep in some manner." He concluded "Perhaps they will tell us together, perhaps that is why we were placed in the meadow together." He went on, attempting to cheer the other stallion with the prospect of more information to come. "I am Rosales, it's a pleasure to meet you Ignazio..though I do wish that you were not so unsettled by everything. I'm sure it must be terrible all this confusion."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:45 pm

Ignazio's eyes were green ice as he appraised the other stallion and considered his words. He sensed that Rosales truly did trust these mares who had taken them and needed to feel safe in their care. Despite his anger and resentment at the situation he now found himself in, he didn't want to disrupt this stallion's inner peace. "Perhaps you're right." He admitted grudgingly, although his expression had softened. The harpies were his enemies, they had captured him against his will and prevented him from guarding the sister who was his heart. Still, when he pictured Vaniania in his mind's eye, his emotions felt jumbled, he should hate the mare who had stolen his freedom, but he found himself wanting to be close to her. Strange, for a stallion who had always pushed away the mares in his life before any sort of emotionally significant bond could form. He had found wary friendships and physically gratifying relationships among his herd in the desert but he had lost even the wary trust in females he had possessed as a foal upon reaching adulthood. All of them except for Kynreeve that is, but she was long gone. Ignazio felt his eyes growing hot as the full force of his sisters loss his him like a kick to the stomach, but he swallowed the pain, blinked a few times against the tears and nodded at Rosales' suggestion.

"Yes, you're right of course. We'll wait, and I'm sure they'll tell us soon about what all of this is about." Know ones enemy. Wasn't that what they said? If he was to escape, he would need to keep the harpy's guards down, play along and meld into this strange lifestyle seamlessly. An opportunity for escape would come along eventually... Although, with his sister gone, was there any point in leaving? He had no way to find her and returning to the desert alone was out of the question. The flock was as good a place as any to bide his time... for now...

"So, Tell me Rosales, how were you brought in?"

JetAlmeara

Faithofthefallen
Crew

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out