Battle System Voting!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Battle System: Should we...
  Keep it
  Get rid of it
  Revamp it (suggestions and help welcomed)
View Results

Tangled Puppet
Captain

Sarcastic Demigod

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 12:40 pm
Not much interest has been shown with the battle system. It's something that I worked kind of hard to figure out (my brain doesn't like to work with math and all that other stuff). So I'm a little reluctant to get rid of it FOREVER. However, with only a few of you rolling for stats and only a couple of you doing a quest/RP for their class, I'm not sure it's worth keeping.

So let me know what you think guys! There are several options I'm throwing around.

Any suggestions are welcome.
Please don't hesitate to post something here, in the main thread or even PM me.  
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 3:14 pm
Well, in theory, if noone is roleplaying; the battle system is a moot point.

If people do roleplay, I think a battle system is pretty neat. I think it might foster itself in a 'RPG' environment. Where characters receive quests to do things in the land. For completing their quests, they get a piece of armor and/or a form of shop currency. :3  

Graceangel
Crew

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200

Tangled Puppet
Captain

Sarcastic Demigod

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 3:16 pm
Graceangel
Well, in theory, if noone is roleplaying; the battle system is a moot point.

If people do roleplay, I think a battle system is pretty neat. I think it might foster itself in a 'RPG' environment. Where characters receive quests to do things in the land. For completing their quests, they get a piece of armor and/or a form of shop currency. :3
I had thought about adding quests at one point.
However, I'd like the shop to get more active and have more roleplay going on before I delve too deep into details about quests and such.  
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 3:25 pm
maybe the battle system should be something that works together with the roleplay environment then.  

Graceangel
Crew

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200

Tangled Puppet
Captain

Sarcastic Demigod

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 3:42 pm
It kind of is?
You RP your battles in thread.
Maybe if I made a leveling system?
I don't know.
I just don't want to go through all the trouble of figuring that out and then it not get used.
With the shop not being a unique line shop...it makes it hard to get people interested in RP it seems.  
Lior

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games