Reply Product Proposals | Quest Threads for Customs
[DivineSaturn] even light cannot escape [EVENT QC DONE!]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DivineSaturn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:35 pm

Disclaimer: I hate quest threads. Hate 'em. My reasons are many, but they basically boil down to not liking to want things, because wanting things is hard.

There are, however, ideas that grab you. Once you enter their sphere of influence, you're doomed. You will never again be free of them.

This thread is for my black hole quest(s), the one(s) that have me sucked in (although black holes don't suck!), to the point that I'm willing to create a quest thread despite hating them.

That said, despite hating quest threads, I hope this one is enjoyable! sweatdrop

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:36 pm

EVENT QC THIS, PLEASE. You know, as opposed to one of the other quests in this thread. >.>;;;;

Name: Wistful Whisper
Type: Earth
Body Lilac, graceful, a dancer's build (whatever a dancer's build would look like on a Phony iunno)
Eyes: Deep foresty green
Hair: Dark purple with lighter purple/white streaks, worn in an elaborate updo with a wisteria hairpin
Cutie Mark 8D: A fan with wisteria printed on it (something like this, without the outer circle and with wisteria flowers in place of the hinomaru)
Brief Character Description: Wisty is quiet, but also lighthearted and romantic. She enjoys the simple things in life: a good company, pleasant weather, and above all, beautiful flowers. Being indoors is stifling to her, so she's usually found outside, in areas with lots of plants. It's very easy for her to feel embarassed, and she tends to hide behind things when she's nervous or feeling coy. Not all of this shyness is an act, but she can be a bit of a flirt, and loves the idea of being in love, though in practice she's not sure what to make of it and would be easily overwhelmed. Her experience with the world is somewhat lacking, giving her an air of innocence and, occasionally, immaturity.

She is a Phony of few words, preferring to express herself with actions instead. Usually this is done with body language: a tilt of the head, or a gesture of the hoof. However, anything can inspire her to dance, her movement very controlled and specific, but still, to her, providing the freedom of expression that she truly loves. She enjoys all art forms, and aside from her passion for dance, has a particular fondness for songs and poetry, especially those inspired by feelings of love. Wisty tends to long for what once was or might have been, and gets lost in feelings of nostalgia even when she's content with her situation. These feelings are usually channeled into her dances, giving the audience a sense of sentimentality and comfort, reminding them of the good things in life while remaining hopeful that there will be more to come.
+ Ref pics where possible: Here, have some beautiful wisteria! This and this are references for hairstyle/hairpin. This kimono is what I had in mind for her body color. Best references are in the videos below, but it's not fair to make people watch twenty minutes of dancing if they don't want to, even if it is totally gorgeous. sweatdrop

Wistful Whisper is based off the Japanese classical dance known as Fuji Musume (藤娘), or Wisteria Maiden. It's a dance I'm currently learning as a student of Nihon Buyo (Japanese classical dance), and one that I really love. While the dance is often performed by onnagata, men who play female roles in kabuki, Wisty is based off the character more than the performer, which is why she's female. I took some liberties with her personality, but did my best to keep her true to the spirit of the dance, which itself is about a wisteria spirit.

Curious about Fuji Musume? You can read up a little on the history of the dance here, or better yet, watch it for yourself! YouTube embedding isn't working for me (thanks YouTube), but here's part one, and here's part two.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Fireflight: The current design is approved conditionally, which is to say only for special customs [auction/RLC or where stated], due to elaborate hair accessory.

DivineSaturn

Product Proposals | Quest Threads for Customs

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff