Welcome to Gaia! ::

River of Polls : A GUILD OF RANDOMNESS AND EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

Back to Guilds

A random-based guild in which you may literally spam, chat, and do whatever you want. (Just follow the TOS and have fun!!!) 

Tags: Spam, Polls, Chat, Everything, Hangout, Role-playing, Role, Play, Word, Games, Quizzes, Discussion, Friends, Roleplay 

Reply River of Polls
Huge Life Decisions Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do I stay or do I go now?
  Stay
  Go
View Results

Aoi the Crossdresser

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:34 pm
Semok
Aoi the Crossdresser
I dunno. Semok weird. biggrin

I'm a sub teacher now. Since no where else would hire me. I consider subbing at a school district the minimum wage job of the "People who have a degree" world. Since it's kinda like entry level in stuff. I'd much rather sub for 8 hours than constantly scan items at walmart for 8 hours or work at Mcdonalds for 8 hours.

I've been tryin' to sub here, but it's complicated to apply.
Not that hard to do here. YOu have to pay 110$ to apply in stuff but nothing more than that.

Was it Itty and Fox? They are long gone by now. They are stupid. stare  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:52 pm
Aoi the Crossdresser
Semok
Aoi the Crossdresser
I dunno. Semok weird. biggrin

I'm a sub teacher now. Since no where else would hire me. I consider subbing at a school district the minimum wage job of the "People who have a degree" world. Since it's kinda like entry level in stuff. I'd much rather sub for 8 hours than constantly scan items at walmart for 8 hours or work at Mcdonalds for 8 hours.

I've been tryin' to sub here, but it's complicated to apply.
Not that hard to do here. YOu have to pay 110$ to apply in stuff but nothing more than that.

Was it Itty and Fox? They are long gone by now. They are stupid. stare

Here, you have to fill out all sorts of forms, have proof of graduation, do a background check, pay $40 to have your fingerprints taken and checked, and supply four references. Then, once you've done all that, you have to attend a orientation that teaches you how to be a sub.  

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300

Dannyxcores
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:09 am
I still remember that picture. If I was Aoi I would have taken it as a compliment.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:04 am
Dannyxcores
I still remember that picture. If I was Aoi I would have taken it as a compliment.

I know, right?  

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300

Dannyxcores
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:41 pm
Semok
I know, right?
By any chance do you still have the link? Perhaps maybe you can send it in a pm? I'd like to see the genius photo.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:03 pm
Dannyxcores
Semok
I know, right?
By any chance do you still have the link? Perhaps maybe you can send it in a pm? I'd like to see the genius photo.
evil

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. -KAZERIN FOUND THE EGG  

Aoi the Crossdresser

Aoi the Crossdresser

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:05 pm
Semok
Here, you have to fill out all sorts of forms, have proof of graduation, do a background check, pay $40 to have your fingerprints taken and checked, and supply four references. Then, once you've done all that, you have to attend a orientation that teaches you how to be a sub.
Sounds like what we had to do here. My mom helped me out. We attended an orientation to, the first thing we have to do. They didn't tell us how to be a sub though, just watched a bunch of stupid safety videos. Then we had to fill out a bunch of forms, then turn it in...etc...we only needed 3 references.

We get paid 60$ a day if you have some college, 70$ a day with a Bachelor degree or higher, 80$ if you have a Bachelors degree in education or higher. I better be getting the 70.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:26 am
Oh my god. The genius!  

Dannyxcores
Crew

Aoi the Crossdresser

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:46 pm
Dannyxcores
Oh my god. The genius!
Who is the genious?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:17 pm
I mentioned this on fb already, but...

Go for it. It's the job you actually want, a school you're excited about attending, and you seem to have done OK so far at finding work when necessary.

As depressing as it can be some days to be dirt poor and still a few years away from your actual career job, I still think it's worth it.
I barely make rent every month, and it's really cheap. I eat one meal a day most days, and a standard-sized meal at that. I've got too much money on my credit card and thousands in student loans. I'm getting paid $3-5/hr and currently doing more work than I should safely do with nobody else around.

I've cried over money (or specifically, the lack thereof) a lot. I hate where I'm living and who I'm living with, but can only afford this because my roommate owes me money & is paying me off slowly by covering most of rent.

Yet I've never thought that I should change my path, that I should give up and go take the financially safer route. To me, that's not what life is about. You go after the golden opportunities and try your best, and it's only when you fail or have clear proof that you will fail, that you give up and go take the safer route.

It'll probably be another 7-10 years before I have my debts paid off and can live comfortably. But I love my job and that's important to me.

Go for it. Set your decision and start looking for work and apartments immediately. Don't worry about not being there in person. You can e-mail or call and explain that you're going to be a student. Some may turn you down because of that, but some won't mind. Especially with a prestigious school and a graduate degree.  

KazeRin

Hopeless Dreamer

11,500 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:38 pm
Oh yeah. Update. So, I got the admission packet thingy in the mail, and apparently I wasn't accepted into the field of Psychology I got into last year. Not only that, but I didn't get any sort of scholarship.

This made my decision makin' a lot easier, so I'm not goin'.

I was a little disappointed, since I had pretty much decided for myself that I'd go and somehow make it work. Now, it just isn't worth it to get the degree I'm about to already have.

So yeah. Gonna be stuck here with my parents for a while, it seems.  
River of Polls

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff