Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Sikukuu Lands [IC]
[JRP] Smells like spring spirit (Vappu, Yathy, Umjaho)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:14 pm
User ImageVappu was a crier for the Demani clan, but she liked helping out even when it wasn't technically "her" season. She had just returned from a trip to the roguelands with a curious rogue cheetah in tow.

"See, there's always some kind of party going on here," she said. "And if there isn't one we'll create one, right Yathy?"

The last part was shouted to a nearby leopardess, one of the entertainers in Vappu's clan.

User Image
Umjaho had followed the lavender female on a whim. She had no interest in joining a pride, but the other female had been very enthusiastic when she described her home. They really, really liked visitors apparently. It would be interesting to see if everyone was as friendly as Vappu.

They had met and raced for a bit of fun, and then the other female had pestered her in the friendliest of ways until she agreed to visit. Hopefully she wouldn't regret it after meeting other members in this party pride.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:36 pm
Annchen

User Image

The entertainer in question popped her head up when she heard a familiar voice calling her name. Yathy grinned as her eyes finally caught sight of a couple of cheetahs walking her way. "Party? I love parties." She waited until the pair was close enough she didn't have to shout.

"Welcome home Vappu! I see you brought someone with you. Welcome! I'm Yathy." Excellent. If nothing else, Yathy was always on the look out for test subjects. She liked to run her game ideas by others to see what they thought. "I do hope you'll stay awhile and enjoy yourself. You two ladies could always give me a paw." She got up to walk with the cheetahesses, assuming Vappu was going to show her friend around.

"I was thinking of a child's game today. The flowers are sure lovely this year that it would be fun to do a scavenger hunt with them. Having the children bring back a certain shaped flower, but I haven't decided what their prizes should be. What do you think?"

magnadearel

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:53 pm
magnadearel

"This is Umjaho," Vappu said, "She managed to outrun me today when we raced for fun, so I invited her to come visit. There should be some kind of game or celebration going on, right? And if Mrao is getting lazy near the end of their season we can always throw a party for her."

She nodded excitedly as Yathy explained her newest game. Vappu loved flowers and this sounded like a neat way to involve them in a game.

"Oh, perhaps a flower crown?" she suggested, "What do you think Umjaho?"

---

The spotted cheetah was a bit confused by all the names thrown around. The purple cheetah was Vappu, the leopard was Yathy, but she had no idea who Mrao was. And suddenly they had been drafted to help with some kind of game.

"Err..." she said, and tried to think about what she'd enjoyed as a cub, "Food? Or something to chew on?"

Hey, everyone had to eat...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:56 pm
Annchen

"Pleasure to meet you Umjaho. Congrats are in order I believe." Yathy got a wide grin at the mention of races. Yes races. An excellent idea. Simple races, complex races, trick races, and then over course little tracks for the kids too.

"Of course of course! No season should be without parties. What kind of parties do you like?"

"Excellent! Both good ideas." She nodded enthusiastically. "Something sweet, a bit of honey, for the winner and a crown made with all the flowers brought in for the runner up." Yathy couldn't be more pleased with the solution. It was good for her when she'd run into these two.

magnadearel

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:47 am
magnadearel

Umjaho hadn't expected this when she agreed to visit Vappu's pride. Everyone was friendly, but she started to suspect that they might also be a little bit nuts. Best to just smile and nod... They appeared to be harmless enough, she supposed. Just a bit weird.

"I haven't been to many parties," she said, truthfully. "So I guess I don't know what kinds I like."

---

The lavender cheetah pranced around in an excited little dance as Yathy elaborated on their ideas. Their spring games would be awesome this year! She turned to the other cheetah and watched her with mouth slightly ajar as she told them she hadn't been to many parties at all.

"No," Vappu said, not quite believing what she was hearing. How could one live without parties? "That's so sad!"

She had a hard time picking a favourite party, but only because there were so many! She sometimes forgot that there were others out there who didn't enjoy as many celebrations as they did. Vappu did her best to make sure that those poor rogues got invited to have a good time with them. It was very lucky that she had met Umjaho!

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:54 pm
Annchen
Sorry for taking so long!

"You haven't? Truly? Well then you're in luck! Vappu and I will make sure you find a nice party. There's all kinds of parties! Fun parties, rowdy parties, mellow parties, friend parties, entertainment parties," Yathy finally paused for breath as she pranced along beside the cheetahs. "You like to race? We could work up a quick racing party even."

She peered back and forth eagerly. It would be her pleasure to make sure this visitor had a wonderful time. Crafting new things was her hobby. Whatever Umjaho wanted, Yathy was sure she could provide. And the pride loved new things. It was all win win.

magnadearel

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 1:56 pm
magnadearel

Umjaho had mixed feelings about being in the spotlight, but she took it in stride. If they were this determined to throw a party for her... Well... She might enjoy it, so why not?

"Err..." she said, trying to wrap her head around all those different kind of parties, "What do you do during entertainment parties?"

She enjoyed racing, but she wasn't sure she was up for another go so soon. One race for fun, she could afford that, but if she wasn't careful she'd spend all her energy on play instead of hunting. But she was pretty sure that the lavender cheetah had said something about food earlier.

"Do you eat anything special for parties?"

---

"Yathy is an entertainer," Vappu said, prancing around in circles as if she had too much energy to stand still, "She can tell you all about it!"

At the mention of food Vappu twirled a full circle around her own axis. Her metabolism was as intense as any cheetah's, but since she had the luxury of living in a pride she wasn't as worried about preserving energy to be able to hunt. Instead she channeled her hyperactivity as she ran around inviting rogues to Sikukuu.

"Oh, yes," she said, "during the major celebrations there's more food than you can imagine! I suppose we could rustle up something for your party too. There's always someone hunting and gathering good food for the parties."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:46 pm
Annchen
Sorry for taking so long! ................ again.

"Ooooo lots of things! They are designed to keep you entertained. So to design an entertainment party for you I need to know if you like physical activies, story telling, silent contests, silly contest, fast contests, or slow contests. They can even be a mix of things to give you a variety." Yathy watched her subject closely. She needed to know what this cheetahess liked the best.

"Ah a taste-testing contest! Surely we have those too. Best foods, worst foods, prettiest foods, and uglyest foods. The kids loves those." This would surely take some work on her part and the leopardess deftly herded the two cheetahs toward her den. It might take a day or two, maybe even three, to get everything set up once she knew exactly Umjaho liked or wanted.

"There's no pressure to participate either. For example, if I set up a racing party you'd be welcome to join the races or simply judge them. It's all what you feel comfortable with. Come step into my den where we can all be comfortable while we talk." Yathy gestured with a paw to a bare patch outside the front of her den. She usually saw clients here to make special arrangements.

magnadearel

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:45 am
magnadearel
No problem! One last post from you and I think we're done smile

Umjaho blinked a few times as Yathy started listing the different entertainment options. She only understood the meaning of a few of them, but she nodded. The blank look in her eyes might still give away that she wasn't entirely sure what the leopard was talking about.

As the subject turned to food the spotted cheetah perked up a little bit.

"Worst foods?" she asked, "Why would you eat bad food?"

She was intrigued, but this whole ordeal felt a bit like being abducted by weird but friendly beings.

---

"The faces people make are hilarious," Vappu said, "And it's not spoiled food, just weird tasting... Like... Oh, very tart fruit. Or really sticky bugs."

She was certain they'd be able to come up with a great party in Umjaho's honour. She helped Yathy usher the other cheetah towards the den to make all arrangements, ignoring the panicked look on Umjaho's face.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:54 pm
Annchen
done!

Sometimes it was simply better to show than talk about it. Her profession was on the line here and Yathy was determined not to let it down. She nodded as Vappu helpfully chimed in; explaining about the odd contest. Now she was in full swing and nothing was going to stop her.  

magnadearel

[IC] Sikukuu Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff