Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] Eyes Wide Open (Risti and Ves'Tacha)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Baby Pandah

Popular Sex Symbol

9,650 Points
  • Thread Flip 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:50 pm
User Image
Grandmother was coming today. It was going to be fun. It had to be. Grandmothers are fun, right? Risti couldn't help feeling a little nervous, though. She had never officially met her grandmother. Perhaps she had seen her when she was very little...she couldn't remember. Either way, she was coming now. What would she think of Risti? She was probably more normal than Risti or her siblings. Would that bother her? She hoped not.

There was another thing that was bothering Risti. A while ago, Rinkini had tried to teach her something about her beads and something...odd...had happened. She thought of it as a vision. That had to be what it was. No one had noticed it, the day had just continued as if nothing had happened. That was what made her most uncomfortable. At first she had thought it was the beads, but since then it had happened more.

Every time she had a vision, her flesh cracked more than usual. She always knew it would happen when the breaking began. Both things made her extremely nervous. She didn't want to tell her mother. That would cause endless stress for her. So she told herself that she would tell her grandmother. She would know what to do. Wouldn't she?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:44 pm
User ImageVes'tacha was going to see her family today. That always put a spring in her step. It was hard for some to understand her wandering ways, but for Ves'tacha, it was just what life was. She could no more stop wandering than she could stop breathing.

But today, today she would get to see her grandbabies! And that was something to look forward to. Ves'tacha knew of her daughter's trials, both those from her father's lineage and those born of the tunnel in which she was conceived. It worried Ves'tacha that her grandbabies would inherit such troubles, and be touched by the twisted tunnel again. It wasn't that she was bothered by differences, but she hated to see them hurt from the unthinking of others who might not see past the surface.

Ves'tacha didn't really worry about getting along with the foals, after all, they were family. She loved them already. What they looked like and what they might be twisted by made no difference. What did matter was her love, and that they know that she loved and accepted them.

She was almost there, the road whispered silently the comfort of family. The bend in the path just ahead of her would reveal her daughter, her granddaughters and grandson. Ves'tacha smiled. There was nothing quite like the warm enthusiasm, the wiggling joy, the soft acceptance of a young colt of filly. She even had a few strings of beads to share with the younglings. They weren't much, but she hoped they would bring her grandchildren joy.

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

Baby Pandah

Popular Sex Symbol

9,650 Points
  • Thread Flip 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:47 pm
The sight of beads made her stomach flip, but only momentarily. She knew that she shouldn't associate them with the visions, they probably had very little to do with the odd happenings. She hid the fleeting fear she had felt and bounded around her grandmother eagerly just as her siblings did and accepted the beads with pride.

Knowing that her grandmother had been traveling, Risti couldn't help but wonder what she had seen, what stories she would have to tell, what she had to teach them. Though she was usually grateful for her siblings, at this moment she only wished that she could have her grandmother all to herself.

She blinked curiously at the mare who had brought the beads and potential stories to them. Grandmother. Grandmother. It felt wonderful to put the name to a face and to know that she belonged to her in her heart. To know that there was someone who would love her no matter what was a comforting feeling that Risti savored and then folded away to be appreciated and cherished again later. Grandmother. She smiled at her and blushed, a little shy now that everyone had calmed down and now that they would have a chance to introduce themselves.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:23 pm
Ves'tacha smiled, happy to be with her family. She watched as two of the grandbabies ran off to show their shiny new beads to their parents. The other seemed to quietly wait, wanting something.

So she turned to the young filly, beautiful little foal with her small smile and blush. "Sastimos, little one. I see you chose the orange beads, very nice. Would you like to sit and talk for a while? Your brother and sister seem busy with their new beads, but I would love to hear all about you, if you'd be willing to sit with an old mare like me." Ves'tacha's grin belied the comment on age, but she hoped to coax her granddaughter into relaxing.

Baby Pandah

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

Baby Pandah

Popular Sex Symbol

9,650 Points
  • Thread Flip 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:45 pm
Risti grinned excitedly, happy that her grandmother was pleased with her decision in color. In all reality, she had simply picked the first ones she had seen. But her grandmother probably knew that. She smiled anyway, gazing up into her eyes, happy to have some time to speak with her. "What does sastimos mean, grandmother?" she asked curiously. The comment on age seemed funny to Risti. Her grandmother didn't look old at all. But she lay on the ground in front of her respectfully and eagerly. Her nerves worked their way out of her body and she relaxed on the ground, resisting the urge to pounce on a bug as it passed by. Her tail flicked behind her, catlike and graceful in its motions and she wondered what Ves'tacha would say next.

She had many questions for the mare, but it was no use bombarding her with them straight away. Her siblings were excited with the beads, they would have time to talk. For now she wanted to know about her grandmother's world, and then perhaps she could ask her questions about her own world. Questions that she hoped would not frighten her grandmother.

LydaLynn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:48 pm
Ves'tacha takes a moment to settle next to her granddaughter before answering the question. "Sastimos. It means Good Health. It is given as a greeting or a blessing."

For a moment Ves'tacha thinks about what to say next, then she smiles. "There are, in the world, those who are called by the road. Those people are a great family. But they are scattered, spread upon the face of the world by the roads that whisper to their hooves. But that family speaks in words that are theirs alone. Sastimos is one of those words. Do you know any others?"

Baby Pandah

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

Baby Pandah

Popular Sex Symbol

9,650 Points
  • Thread Flip 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:11 pm
"No, grandmother. Can you teach me some?" she asked, eyes wide with curiosity. She wanted to be a part of that traveling family, she knew her grandmother must have been or she wouldn't know their words. She mouthed the word sastimos quietly and to herself to make sure that she would remember it. It didn't sound as fantastic when she said it as when her grandmother had first uttered the word, but she was sure it just took practice.

She smiled up at Ves'tacha, eager to learn the next word and to become like her grandmother in any way she could. "Do those that travel the road get lonely, grandma?" she asked curiously. She wanted to explore and wander, but she didn't really like the idea of being alone.

LydaLynn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:15 pm
Ves'tacha smiles, "Hmm . . . I think you do know some others. They just don't seem like words because they're names. Like my name . . . do you know what my name is?"

Pleased by her granddaughter's curiosity and interest, Ves'tacha wanted to teach the filly. But she knew that puzzling things out for herself was one of the best ways to learn. If Risti started thinking in the right direction, she would leap to thinking in the right direction more quickly.

Baby Pandah

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

Baby Pandah

Popular Sex Symbol

9,650 Points
  • Thread Flip 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:30 am
She thought about the name before she said it, just to make sure she had it right. It would have been horrible to call her grandmother something that wasn't her name. "Ves'tacha. Your name is Ves'tacha," she said, savoring the words in her mouth. She was sure she wouldn't have an opportunity to call her grandmother anything but 'grandma' in the future, so it was exciting to say her name now. She was even more excited to hear what it meant. It must be something good, because her grandmother was so sweet and understanding. Her name couldn't possibly have a bad meaning.

"Does mother's name mean something, too? Her name is Rinkini...but she goes by Riri sometimes," she said, puzzled by the nickname but also proud of herself for knowing her mother's name as well as her grandmother's.

LydaLynn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:33 am
Ves'tacha nods, "Yes, very good. Rinkini means Beautiful. Ves'tacha means Beloved. My friend who helps me keep my mane untangled is named Rani, which means Lady.

You and your sister are Chavi, and your brother is Chavo. Chavi is a girl of the traveling people while a Chavo is a boy of the traveling people. Your father is Gaje. Which means he is not of the people. Be careful how you use gaje, some mean it as an offense, others only as a way to note who is and isn't of the people.

"Your brother is your Pal, your sister is your Pen. Our family, all of us, your mother and father, me, your grandfather, your cousins and aunts and uncles and great grandparents . . . all of us together are a Vista. A Vista is a group related by kinship or an extended family group. Usually a Vista all travel together. But not all of our family are of the traveling people, of the Roma blood. There are some who would see us as gaje because of it. But I think that as long as we love each other and we celebrate the freedom that is Roma, we have as much right to call ourselves of the people as any.

"Ov yilo isi?"
Ves'tacha smiles at her granddaughter. She had said a lot, but hoped the young filly could understand.

Baby Pandah
[  

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

Baby Pandah

Popular Sex Symbol

9,650 Points
  • Thread Flip 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:55 pm
Her kitten-like ears perked at the strange words, and she made sure to commit them and their meanings to memory. Chavi, chavo...vista...gaje...but gaje can be offensive so be careful...Ov kilo isi? She had been absorbed in her learning that she was a little late in responding to her grandmother's question.

She assumed that meant something like, 'Do you understand?' so she nodded slightly, still mulling over all of the words that were swirling in her mind. She was beginning to get a good idea of some of the words, and she was very excited to show off to her siblings. She would say the words just like her grandmother had, and then she would ask them the question, ov kilo isi...even though she didn't know what it meant. She hoped that her grandmother would explain that statement eventually so she could teach her siblings.

"Will I ever meet the rest of the Vista, grandmother?" she asked curiously, hoping she had answered the previous question correctly.

LydaLynn
Lol, I'm learning too! I have noo idea what 'Ov yilo isi?' means. Hehe. Thanks for the awesome lesson in the Romani language. I knew gaje but not really the others so much. :3

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:01 am
Ves'tacha's smile is touched with sadness. "I don't know. I hope you do, but only the fates know what will be."

Shaking her head to clear her thoughts. Ves'tacha lips her granddaughter's mane. "Mishto hom me dikava tute, Chaveski chikni. Baksheesh Bater."

Baby Pandah
It means 'Is this all right?' or 'Is this okay?' depending on which page I'm looking at. I'm mostly googling the Roma language and figuring it out as I go.

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces