14%
 14%  [ 3 ]
I don't go to church
14%
 14%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 21

dragonlove_48

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:52 pm
So I went to church yesterday evening, and wonder of wonders... it turned into one of those services where the original planns get tossed out the window and evrybody just goes with what God leads them too do. It started with an experiment, an opourtunity for testimony about what God was doing in people's lives, and for prayer requests. To put this into context: This service is a youth service, filled with a lot of "lifetime christians" many of whom go to this service because they don't want to go to the adult one their parents are going to at the same time. I didn't expect anyone to get up and talk, but... there were 10-16 people that came! Most of them wanted prayer, but a lot of them were lifelong christians, and being one myself I know how hard it is to admit that you havn't got it all together.
After that the pastor asked us to get into smaller groups and talk and pray for one another. It was so cool! To see all those people who, just a few years ago, wouldn't even stand up and sing the worship songs, talking and laughing and praying with one another! After that the guest preacher came in and said that his organized sermon was going to be scrapped, and he talked about how Jesus wanted us to be real with ourselves, and with eachother, especialy with eachother.
I think it's so cool watching what God is doing in both the churches I attend regularly (I'm not boasting, neither one can do all of what I need it to, so I go to both) A year ago I was wishing I never had to go again, and now, I can't wait till sunday!  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:06 pm
Meh, church does it for some people, but I hate going. I never get anything out of it, I have to use up gas, and being forced to go only widens whatever gap there is between me and God. I mean, I get more spiritual development from a FF game than Church.  

zeshin077

Valdengar

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:33 pm
On fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Whooooo
My church is on fire!!!!!!!!
YAAAAA!!!!!!!  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:36 pm
i love church!!!!!! biggrin my church is awsome!!!!!!!!!!  

blondygurl81

DeanWinchester

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:09 pm
I hate the worship at my church. you konw that song

"im coming back to the heart of worship..
and its all about you..
its all about you jesus...
ill bring you more than a song
cuz a song in itself is not what you have required...
i'll search much deeper within
than the way things appear.." etc.

my church worship is the opposite of that. i can't stand the worhsip leaders. i love Ray, because when he leads worship i can tell he actually cares about God...unlike teresa.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:44 pm
I love my church, yet our youth group is small I still really enjoy it, but what I don't get is Sunday nights service, the Pastor teaches on different things than what I get out of Wensday night church. I guess I need to learn to get things out of Sunday nights serves, but anyways I LOVE MY CHURCH!!!!!!! heart heart biggrin cool  

TicklishAngel

Alchem_DeRogue

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:49 am
I love my NEW church cuz my old one was so depressing...  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:04 pm
I love my church! heart  

AnimeMonkey

7,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200

Trudeau

Romantic Hunter

3,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:46 pm
I love my church yet we maybe small its great  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:58 pm
oh wow that really is exciting
whenever I go to youth group it's so uplifting to see a group of teens lifting their hands and singing praise to God. It's definitely the highlight of my week.

postage-paid

neko_shojo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:05 am
I love all three of my Presbyterian churches/congregations and my anglican church youth group biggrin I'm a presbyterian, but my friend is anglican and because my church at school has no youth group I go to hers, it's great, although very small. I love all three of my regualr churches too, the people, music, everything, I wish I could go to all my churches every week, but unfortuantely two of them(my dad's congregations) are 5 hours form here....so I'll see them this summer.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:58 pm
My church is great. I can tell that everybody who is up at the pulpit or singing really does get it. There are some great christians in my church that I can look up to. The worship is great, the sermons teach good stuff, the youth group is awesome, and once a month we have a thing called "Revelry" where the youth group and college age people come together in the youth room and sing some awesome songs (with a full band) and hear a great message. The next Revelry is this wednesday! I can't wait! biggrin  

flyingemu27

RatTurd

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:16 am
Church rules.

Many people see church as a chore.... they would rather stay home and watch football. Most people don't seem to care one way or the other, and going to church is just a formal obligation that they are fulfilling, thinking they have done their good deed thereby.

What people do not understand about church is the Bible itself... and how to interpret God's Word.

The Bible, without the Spirit, is mere words and confusion.  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games