[PRP] Not so Scary Woods (Ichika&Vorpal) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Faithofthefallen
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 6:25 pm

Vorpal stretched his long neck out to snap one of the mushrooms from the bark, chewing it lustily as he retracted, sharp teeth glowing as he ground up the tender flesh and then swallowed with a satisfied sigh. He licked his lips and then turned back to Ichika with a smile, "I eat them all the time, I find them, soothing. And they do bring me such lovely dreams. You could be right though, perhaps my insides do glow, but my outsides seem to be unaffected." He assumed a sage expression and made some show of spinning around for her, checking each hoof and limb for luminous patches. "Quite the opposite, in fact." Vorpal's swirling markings broke his large figure up in the darkness, making the bulk of him nearly impossible to see. The only clearly visible portions of his body where his horns, claws, and eyes, all of which glimmered with an eerie phosphorescence as he led his new friend deeper and deeper into the twisted tumtum tree forest, humming an inane little nonsense song as they went along.

The path twisted, turned, and branched until it was almost impossible to retrace ones steps without some knowledge of the area, but still Vorpal led her deeper. He didn't really have a goal in mind, it was mostly just nice to be walking with some company. His eyes began to whiz faster and faster as the mushrooms affects took hold. "Have you heard of wonderland, Ichika?" Vorpal asked suddenly, coming to a halt without warning. His head swiveled around and he gazed at her unblinkingly while awaiting her reply.

sbuggy166
Been there! No worries, I've got finals and stuff going on now anyways so I'm going to be a bit slow for a couple weeks as well ^-^

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:29 pm

Ichika took a step back so that she would not bump into his abrupt halt. Maybe he had gotten sick from the mushroom. Nope, he just had a question for her.

"Wonderland? If you speak of lands full of wonder then i have seen many for wonderful lands are everywere because they are full of wonder and that is what make them wonderful. But if you mean a place that is so full of wonder that it itself is called wonderland then I know no such place."

She shook out her feathers a bit and looked over at a tree. She was begining to think that talking to trees was a lot easier than talking to someone who made no sense. Did she even make sense? What is sense? She shook her head again and Looked back at Vorpal, his whirling eyes gazing at her. It was a gaze that she almost felt like she could become lost in. But that would be ill advised because she was already lost in the woods, no good would come from getting lost in her mind.

Faithofthefallen

sbuggy166

Dapper Dabbler

Faithofthefallen
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:19 am

"MMmmmhm" Vorpal hummed dreamily, he had never strayed past the borders of his Tum Tum forest, what more could the outside world offer? He met many zany and interesting characters here and those who visited brought him pieces of the outside world with their stories and descriptions. That was enough for now. The tree in front of him was almost entirely encrusted with the fluffy glowing mushrooms that he so enjoyed, their eerie glow cast his face into shadow so that only his eyes and glowing horns were visible. He seemed to have lost his train of thought for he didn't pursue the topic further, simply turned around and continued down another twisting fork enjoying the way the forest swam around him in undulating waves.

He wasn't really aware of calling on his power, but before long small shadowy figures began to flit through the lighter patches in the forest around them, chasing each other in terrible games of tag with fangs and claws bared, standing and staring at the two soquili as they passed, or performing impressive, ridiculous, and sometimes lewd acrobatics in the glowing trees. Each individual shadow never lasted longer than a few seconds but the overall effect was unnerving. Vorpal watched them with a small smile, he was used to such oddities. After long minutes of silence he glanced back once more at Ichika, "Wonderland is where I'm truly from," He confided in a hushed voice.

sbuggy166

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:56 pm

It was good that Ichika had a strong sense of self, meaning that she was not afraid of the dark or of things in the dark because she knew that she could fight them off. These really where dark though. more than just the dark of the shadows that seemed to flicker as they passed, but dark as in oddly ominous. Ichika was not afraid however, and it is this that was unsettling. dark woods should be scary but she was not scared.

"You really do call it Wonderland. This place you come from is it real or is it in your mind. you strike me as a type to live in your mind. if it is real though i would like to see a land that is so full of wonder that it is acctually called wonderland. it only makes sense that you would come from there though, because you are wondrful, as in you are unique."

Faithofthefallen

sbuggy166

Dapper Dabbler

Faithofthefallen
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:00 pm

He shrugged his muscular shoulders, sending a ripple through his dark fur. "What is real?" He confided softly, leaning in so his warm breath rolled over her, smelling smoky and earthy from his meal. "If my eyes have seen it, my ears heard it, my nose smelled it, my flesh touched it... If it is vividly and sharply recorded in my memory, then is it not real to me? I know Wonderland more than I know you after all, you are here now, and my homeland is gone, but I know I've been there, as surely as I know I am here now, talking with you. How can we be sure none of this is a dream? A figment of imagination? Do we truly exist?" He shrugged again, "It is not for me to know, but I was born in Wonderland before I fell through the portal and became trapped here." His expression darkened, he had tried digging his way back numerous times, the fruits of his efforts were sprinkled throughout the tum tum tree forest, covered over with leaves and branches. The holes weren't deep enough to kill or cripple but they terrified any lucky enough to tumble in and provided Vorpal with hours of entertainment when he caught an unsuspecting passerby.

His too wide smile in response to her compliment lasted a few moments too long, his intense gaze boring into her own with his head slightly cocked to one side. "Thank you." He replied belatedly.

They had arrived at the edge of a large pond, a single shaft of light broke through the canopy to illuminate the dark smooth surface. "This is my home for the moment." He explained, gesturing to the pond with his long tail. :I move around, but I've grown rather fond of this place..." He trundled up to the edge of the pond and dipped his tail in gently, swirling it around to create ripples in the otherwise still water as he stared into the murky depths intently.

sbuggy166

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:08 am

Ichika found his comment to be very unsettling. what is real? she knew she was real because how else could she be thinking about being real or not. a rock does not stop to think of its realness because it never started in the first place. she walked up to the ponds edge and let her claws sit in the water. this pond is real because she could feel it and see it. something as simple as that made sense to her because she had never had any experience with seeing something that was not there so naturally anything she saw existed.

"its fitting of you to like in a pond just like its fitting for me to live in the sand. but you have made me think, if i see something then does that not mean its real? if it is real it is only so because i have seen it, or is it not real untill i have seen it. nothing exists to me untill my eyes have looked at it, but i know this to be wrong because you have seen something and know it is real even though i have seen it. that means that there is something real out there that i do not know about so it cant be real to me...my own mind is very closed off if this is the case."

Faithofthefallen

sbuggy166

Dapper Dabbler

Faithofthefallen
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:24 am

Vorpal draped himself over a mossy hummock at the edge of his pond, the shadows were deeper and darker here. He laid in this spot often and they always seemed to want to cling and caress his form like playful kittens. He nodded again, "I find my wings are more useful for swimming than flying," He flexed the leathery membranes, spreading them to their full length, dark purple and transparent, the thin weblike veins threaded through them pulsed in time with his heartbeat. "I won't aske you to swim with me," he confided, "I usually only swim with those I want to drown...partially of course, or eat." The smile he directed to her was sweet, "But I don't think I want to do that to you, not yet anyways, we're having such a nice chat."

He exhaled slowly, "When I sleep, I dream. My dreams often feel very real, until I awaken, and realize that they didn't make much sense after all. I can see things, smell them, taste them, so are my dreams real then? Do I go to another place when I sleep?" He rested his head on a rock and gazed at her, "I have never seen your desert, would you say then, that the desert does not exist? Did you not exist until I laid eyes on you? It is certainly an interesting thought." His rolling eyes glinted with mischievous humor.

sbuggy166

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:15 pm

Ichika Tried to imagine him flying through the water on his leathery wings, but the image of him flapping his wings only made her chuckle. It was better not to question him about it otherwise he might try and drown her, he drowns those he swims with and she had no doubt about that so she wold not swim with him and she would not see his wings work, so there was not point in asking further about them.

"when you dream does your mind leave your body or your body your mind? why does it have to be so? what if this is the dream and when we sleep we are waking up into the world of what we think exists. It makes more sense to think of it that way. Time does not move very much when we sleep. we wake up and several hours have passed." She stopped for a moment to arrange her thoughts in a way that would be easy to explain, but just because you could explain them dies not mean that they would be understood, if she...she shook her head, it would only complicate things if she tried to think of two things at once. she put the thought of explaining things out of her head and she began again on dreams. "when we are awake we can hardly remember our dreams, so if reality is flipped then it makes sense that our dreams are actually reality. our dreams imitate what we see in our reality but what if it really was us remembering out dreams in our flipped reality. Also when we sleep and dream, it can last for a few hours, but the dream can take place over several days."

Ichika stopped again for a new thought had entered her mind. She was thinking faster than she was able to explain so she seemed somewhat jumbled, but it made perfect sense to her. "wait, maybe we do not dream and we do not have one reality. We have two realities in which our minds flicker through. Yes that is the perfect explanation for everything."

She nodded and smiled at Vorpal in a confident manner as in she was confident that she had solved the question for which she was thinking of but which could or could not be the original topic, her fast thinking and philosophical ways had a tendency to leave those she talked with confused and even less-understanding than when they started.

Faithofthefallen
*polite cough* sorry for literally the longest wait ever for a response. I took a break, but im back now.

sbuggy166

Dapper Dabbler

Faithofthefallen
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:35 am

Ichika seemed charged with an alien energy as her mind flickered from place to place. Vorpal watched mutely as she danced along the edges of each thought as it poured forth, enjoying the sight and the way her words made his own mind flutter and strain away from the narrow bounds of reality. His recent snack also had something to so with that, or was it his madness? One could never truly tell, Vorpal's eyelids drooped slightly as his eyes whizzed back and forth in a dizzying display. "That certainly would explain much." He ruminated, his long tail lashing from side to side, sending out a spray of droplets. His jagged mouth snapped open and shut a few times, the pointed teeth still glowing in places from the mushroom's juices staining his mouth.

He danced on a knifes edge, Ichika had now foolishly followed him well into his domain, it would be a simple matter to trap her so she wandered aimlessly for days or to give her a fright. His violet eyes shifted down to her lethal set of claws with wary respect, Vorpal thought his usual games might not go unpunished should he try them with this mare. Although he found her wonderfully jumbled brain refreshing, he doubted he could lure her in for a swim or entice her into a dangerous frolic with any of the forest's more colorful characters. It never occurred to him that he was certainly one of them, Vorpal tended to think of himself as a fluffy and rather likeable sort of fellow.

The stallion realized that he had fallen silent and was again staring at the mare unblinkingly, his mouth spread in a too wide smile. He wasn't used to people... lingering... this long with him. He really didn't know what happened next if she didn't want to play his little games.

Instead, he slid into the water with a smooth grace, in the darkness his swirling body easily disappeared within the murky depths, leaving only his eyes, horn, and glowing teeth in view as he lazily floated in the water.

sbuggy166
No worries!!! I ended up going on a bit of a hiatus myself. I sort of forget where we were going with this rp? What is our end goal?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:17 pm
Ichika Watched him slide back into the water, nothing but his twisting eyes shone. She was very aware of the fact that he had just stared at her blatantly. Was he thinking of something? Was he planing something? She thought that maybe at this point it would be best for her to go. She had already overstayed her welcome, and felt foolish for letting this strange creature lead her to his trap pond and talk to her, literally while she stood on the edge of danger. Danger, she felt danger all around. His teeth glowed slightly and his eye were still looking at her. Could she make it out of this forest without him? If not it would not be so back, she could adapt, but suddenly she missed the sun.

Ichika fell silent as she worked this all our in her head, and she never broke Vorpal's eye contact. She had almost start to feel friendly towards this stallion, but all too suddenly her feelings or doubt and fear started to slide back in as she saw him slide into the water. Maybe it was something about seeing him in his element that brought on her sudden sense of doubt, but whatever it was she no longer felt safe.

"Vorpal you say and I say Laprov for it is time for me to back out her here." She looked around and spotted what she was sure the entrance of the pondish area. "I am going out to the sun, You like to have the water around you and i like to have around me the sun. Goodbye Laprov, it has been an ever so interesting talk it has." Ichika turned and started to walk away, hoping that she was going in the right direction. Maybe the trees could tell her how to get out.

Faithofthefallen
Hmm now that you mention it...i dont remember either...haha well, we can probably wrap it up here soon. Ichika is going to leave and Vorpal can either help or hinder her. ;D

sbuggy166

Dapper Dabbler

Faithofthefallen
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:39 am

The taste of fear had crept into the chilling air. Vorpal burbled in amusement as he thrashed his long spiked tail, throwing up sparkling droplets of water in Ichika's direction.

His teeth glinted in a smile that stretched the length of his skull, she was funny this mare. He liked her, it his own odd little way. He still thought he'd like her more if she'd let him drag her to the bottom of the pond, but she seemed unlikely to consent to his game. Or get near enough for him to help her along. She was almost close enough for his tail to whip out and curl around her ankles. Almost. Vorpal knew well what his range was.

His head tilted oddly at her new name for him. "Laprov?" he repeated with an inane giggle that sent the forest creatures skittering away in fright. Watching steadily as she backed away towards safety, towards sunlight. His muscular sides glistened as he rolled in the water, "Very well 'Akicha,' Goodbye" He chuckled again, "But come back any time."

As she turned to go, Vorpal submerged, allowing the cool waves to encompass his form as he left in search of fish to snap up and crunch.

Fin n_n  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces