Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] Ashes to ashes (Barracus x Aelita Camellia)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Faithofthefallen
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:36 pm

User Image
Barracus (rp'd by Faithofthefallen)
Faiths teepee

User Image
Aelita (rp'd by Akuma Kessaku)
Akumas teepee

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:48 pm

Barracus moved through a haze of blood lust, In this form his emotions and desires felt more wild, primal, he needed to hunt. How long had it been since he'd eaten, days? Weeks? His stomach churned and his mouth watered as he caught the scent of prey drifting on the wind. His muscles bunched and he launched himself forward, tasting fear and despair intermingled with a musky feminine odor that sharpened his predatory senses and fanned his hatred into a heady blaze, unbidden a snarl ripped from his throat. As he neared the source, he slowed, creeping through the underbrush like a shadow, his golden eyes scanning the clearing ahead for signs of life. The twisted, still smoking, carcass of a massive tree seemed out of place in the center of what was otherwise a lovely patch of forest, clawing at the sky with skeletal fingers and giving off a reek that confused confused Barracus' senses. He sidled closer, eyes narrowed with curiosity, he had heard of fires devastating the wooded areas in parts of the Kawani lands but he had never witnessed its effects first hand. He tilted his nose up and tried to track his prey over the smoke, "Come out, come out wherever you are" he called out, his voice deceptively gentle, his eyes gleaming with malevolent intent.

Faithofthefallen
Crew

akuma_kessaku

Omnipresent Gawker

7,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:03 pm
Racing through the charred forest, Aelita screamed for help, Begged and pleaded for someone, anyone to save her tree. She felt the oxygen being robbed from her lungs, replaced by scratchy heavy smog of the fire. Anxiety crushed her chest the farther she traveled from her dying tree. The pressure grew worse as her calls were answered by the cracks of the crumpling forest around her. Keeping her head low to the earth, she hurried back through the chaos of the forest fire to her home, her beloved dogwood tree. There may be nothing else she can do for it, and though the loss of it was tearing her apart, she had to be there.

Panting heavily, Aelita collapsed to the earth in a pile of soot and wept. She had done all she could to save it. Early on she did her best to soak the tree in water from the nearby lake, when the leaves caught, she tried to put them out… and by the time she returned nothing but a skeleton remained of her tree. Wheezing, she staggered upright and nuzzled the charred trunk, “I am so sorry…”she whispered , lowering her ears in remorse, “What could I have done?” a quiver held her hoarse voice. “I didn’t want to leave, but I had no chance at saving you alone…”

Through the crackle of the passed fire she heard movement. Perking her ears up she started around the trees when she heard a male voice, “Hel-o?!” Her voice cracked under the strain. Clearing her throat she tried again, “Is someone out there? Can you help me please?”

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:57 pm

A panicked mare raced into the clearing, her eyes wild as she called out for help. Behind her, trees of all sizes blazed on either side of the path she had cut through the forest, the fire roared as it advanced, snapping and crackling as it chewed the forest into ashes. Billows of smoke poured between the trees, Barracus was low to the ground, but it already was stealing into his lungs and making it difficult to take a full breath. He had been so lost to the hunt he hadn't noticed column of smoke rising in the distance, the forest was on fire, the flames were beautiful, terribly so.

Averting his eyes from the inferno, he located the mare again, collapsed in a heap near the dogwood, she seemed to be speaking to it, he could see her mouth forming words, but they were drowned out by screams of the forest dying around them. Their eyes met, and he saw desperation and despair, his blood sizzled and his eyes glazed. The fire was hungry, but she belonged to him now, there was no time to finish the deed here. He would have to lure her away before they could begin their game. She clearly didn't recognize him for what he was, that was good, he would enjoy teaching her why his kind was to be known and most of all feared, but for now her ignorance would suit his purpose. He would play the helpful forest creature until he had her right where he wanted her.

Barracus moved quickly, getting behind her he pushed with all of his considerable strength, urging her to regain her footing and flee from the fire. "Move!" He ordered shortly, "That way, now!" his tone was brisk and businesslike, he would allow no argument, if she put up a fuss, he would simply revert to his original form and drag her.

akuma_kessaku
Tag

Faithofthefallen
Crew

akuma_kessaku

Omnipresent Gawker

7,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:05 pm
Aelita's heart leapt into her throat as the words rolled through the crackling forest. Feeling the fur butt up against her haunches she looked back, "Wha-Who..." coming back to the situation at hand, her legs stumbled forward, "Where are we going?"

Racing through the roaring forest she crashed through charred brush into a desolate clearing covered with bare earth and soot. looking back, she saw her home reduced to a wasteland, and collapsed in a heap of disgust. "Everything is gone..." Aelita muttered, "My home, my life.... Everything I had known, everything familiar..." her voice hitched as she tried to fight the tears streaming from her eyes. She began curling herself into a ball and made eye contact with the cyote before her, "You saved me stranger, but I cannot muster the strength to go on. I appreciate your considerate actions, but seeing as the danger has passed, I wish to stay and mourn my loss in peace."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:49 pm

A low growl rumbled through Barracus' chest as he stepped back from the seemingly hysterical mare and her irritating questions, his golden orbs fixed upon her with a disturbing intensity. Brute force would certainly serve his purposes but it wouldn't be as much fun, the challenge of getting this little morsel to trust him enough to follow him to his cave willingly was a game more to his tastes. There was always the chance that she hadn't seen one of his kind before, but he preferred not to take the risk of assuming his true form. Coyotes were common enough in the wild although they did not often choose to act as familiars, perhaps he could trick her into following him in this way.

"To safety mistress," he assured her, his silky voice wrapping around her soothingly as his golden orbs pierced hers with a disturbing intensity. The rest of him may appear like a normal forest creature, albeit a much larger and savager version, but his eyes were windows to the demonic nature of the being encased within this fragile shell of flesh. He smiled in what he hoped was a reassuring manner, long curved fangs peeking out of the corners of his mouth as he imagined how beautiful she would look with feat contorting those perfect features. Saliva pooled in his mouth at the thought of the meal to come. "Its not safe here, the fire may yet burn in concealed areas. I will take you to my home, and you may tell me about yourself and rest... in peace if you wish...." His smile widened.

akuma_kessaku

Faithofthefallen
Crew

akuma_kessaku

Omnipresent Gawker

7,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:59 pm
Keeping her head low she attempted to muster a smile, which only brought tears to her eyes, “I truly appreciate your concern and your considerate offer to house me in my time of need. I do not wish to seem ungrateful, but you cannot begin to fathom just how much I have lost.” Her lip quivered as she fought back the tears and growled in frustration, “That dogwood was my shelter, home, my best friend, and mother…”Pausing she knew this poor forest creature was not the source of her misfortune.

“It taught me to find beauty in all things, gave me a source of courage to stand against my foes, and in its silent serenity I found the best company. Her roots took me in and held me when my birth mother pushed me away. It became my essence, my being…I cannot possibly imagine life without it, and yet here I am.” Aelita turned her head from the coyote, crumpling back into the fetal position familiar of her foal years.

Faithofthefallen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:00 pm
User Image
"Is that so, love?" he replied sadly, his mouth twisting into a sad little moue of distress. "I can imagine it must be terribly painful to lose such a steadfast companion, all the more reason you should not be left alone." He listened to her story dispassionately, nodding slightly, when she turned away and collapsed an impatient sigh escaped his lips. If she would not be tempted by his offer of friendship, perhaps another approach would be best after all.

Barracus gripped the power that was his birthright and gave it a little twist, feeling a strange surge as it flooded his limbs, lengthening them and twisting his features, the thick black fur receding until only a glossy pelt remained, draped across his back like an elegant cape that seemed to suck in the light around it. His dark brown coat was sleek and glistening, the bold inky swirls adorning his body gave him an enticingly exotic look. He was handsome, and well aware of the affect he had over many mares and stallions, it was bait, and could be disarming when he managed to hold back the violence long enough to play out this particular game.

He approached her slowly, muscled coiled to leap in pursuit if she tried to flee. "What is your name darling?" He murmured, leaning down so his mouth brushed against the edge of her ear, his voice silky and enticing. Even in his homeland, where the mares had been well aware of exactly what he was, what he wanted from them, many had been unable to resist his temptation and followed him to their deaths almost willingly, unable or unwilling to fight the siren call of his words despite the depravity that danced in his golden eyes. What some females would overlook for even the semblance of affection never ceased to astound him.

akuma_kessaku

Faithofthefallen
Crew

akuma_kessaku

Omnipresent Gawker

7,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:57 pm
A shiver danced down her spine as she found herself scrambling to her hooves and staring him down like a startled puppy. “Aelita…” She gasped mouth slightly agape. Circling around she inched closer and closer to his toned muscular body, “Paws?” She murmured as she examined him head to tail. “You’re Fascinating… Dangerous… There’s almost something predatory about you…”her voice distant, hollow, “Yet I find myself like a moth to flame.” The words escaped her lips on warm breath; holding a truth more sinister than she realized.

Stepping back her ears flicked, nose flexed taking in the air almost trying to feel out the situation she found herself in. “Am I in for any other surprises tonight, Handsome?” Aelita asked shifting uneasily on her hooves.

Faithofthefallen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:41 am
Barracus observed her reaction with a satisfied smile, "Yes... My dearest Aelita." he crooned, "paws. Do you like them?" He held one up for her to study, he was tempted to unsheathe the long claws to see if it would frighten her, he wanted her fear more than he wanted her blood, but it was not yet time. Help could even now be approaching, called by the smoke billowing up from the blackened ruins of this section of the forest. He wondered idly how the fire had started, it hadn't been a dry season... He decided to ignore the predatory comment, smooth over it for now, they could discuss her observations more thoroughly when they were home.

He felt a surge of disgust and excitement as she followed his penchant for affectionate pet names, "Perhaps, but doesn't everyone love a good surprise, my dear?"

akuma__kessaku

Faithofthefallen
Crew

Faithofthefallen
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:57 pm
User Image
The smoke still billowing from the fire made her eyes water as she picked her way through the blackened remains of what had once been a forest overflowing with life and beauty. At least that was what she told herself as she carefully stepped over yet another charred pile of bones, some poor unfortunate creature who hadn't been able to escape the blaze. Ellette had been traveling nearby when the smoke caught her attention, she had come as fast as she was able to try and help but the fire had burnt out by the time she arrived. If there were any survivors, they had long since departed. Her face screwed up in frustrated rage she kicked at blackened log with all her strength and then gasped as her vision went white with pain, limping a few more steps before stopping. "Stupid, stupid." She cursed herself as she held her throbbing hoof off the ground, it had been a small boulder, stained black with smoke, not a burnt log. She would have to find a healer now, if she didn't want to be forced to rest the leg long enough for it to heal. Ellette was restless lately, a week of bedrest was simply out of the question.

When her gasps and muffled curses finally trailed off a pair of distant voices reached her ears. Survivors? Perhaps, she needed to see some sign of life after walking through death for so long. She followed the voices back to their owners, limping as noiselessly as she could out of habit.

The sight that met Elle's eyes made her heart race, what was that mare doing? She should be running as fast as her legs could carry her away from the creature now looming over her.... But the stallion was close, far too close for her to outrun, perhaps the female was too terrified to move or had lost all hope of escape. Or perhaps she had been enthralled. He was handsome in a dark, terrible way that made even Ellette's breathing shallow and ragged from more than just fear. They hadn't noticed her yet, that was good, she wasn't sure she was up for a fight but she couldn't let the purewalker slaughter his intended victim without a fight. "Get away from him! she called out to the mare in a commanding tone as she strode forward, the pain in her leg swept away in a rush of adrenaline, "He'll kill you!" She hoped the mare would listen, if she didn't put some distance between herself and the skinwalker before he realized help had arrived, he would rip her to shreds before Ellette had a chance to reach them.

akuma_kessaku
Is better?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:17 pm
Startled by the bellowing mare, Aelita did as commanded and put some distance between her and the stallion, "Wait a minute now," She began, "If he were out to kill me why go through the trouble of saving me in the first place?"

It was obvious to her that she was on a path of self destruction, so why not leave her to it, and if consuming her was what he had in mind, wouldn't the element of surprise coupled with the confusion of the burning forest only aid him in his mission. Surely this mare was mistaken.

Aelita looked the mare over from a far. Her natural coloring, dark wavy hair and muscular, yet lean body made her pleasing to the eye. Her attention was fixed on the stallion with a burning intensity, and though she did well to hide it, Aelita also noted an injury to her leg.

Aelita shifted uncomfortably as tears of frustration welled in her eyes, "Listen, I just want to go home! I want the fire to go away, I want to nuzzle into the roots of my tree, and I just-" She sniffled, "I just want to wake up from this crazy nightmare..." Her lower lip quivered, "Please, Both of you... Please just go and leave me be."

faithofthefallen

akuma_kessaku

Omnipresent Gawker

7,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150

Faithofthefallen
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:56 pm

"Trust me. He saved you so he could have the pleasure of stripping your flesh from bone personally. I know his kind." Ellette shifted her weight until it was evenly distributed, wincing despite herself at the twinge in her bruised hoof. It wouldn't do for the purewalker to sense any weakness, but if she tried to favor her injured leg, she wouldn't have the balance needed to fight him off. She would need to work through her pain to save this poor distressed mare.

Barracus gazed at the new female steadily, his eyes burning with irritation. She was injured, his keen vision detected the small limp in her step with ease. Foolish proud chit to challenge a purewalker, especially while injured. Well, all that careful buildup had been wasted, his game ruined, but perhaps not his meal. "Aelita, my sweet, I could never harm you. Others yes, but never you, my love, my darling." His low voice was charged with a lover's fervor as he directed a steamy gaze at the mare half concealed behind the warrior maiden's flank. "Don't believe a word she says, come over here, I can take all of this away, your pain, your sorrow." One clean swipe of his paws and she would be immobile, unable to escape him while he dealt with this minor irritation.

Ellette shifted to block Aelita's path to the purewalker. "Don't." She muttered fiercely. "He lies."

akuma_kessaku

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:39 pm
Aelita shifted on her hooves; if what the mare said was true then she was definitely sticking her neck out for her and that shouldn't be dismissed… but the stallions words sent shivers down her spine and made her question every part of her instincts.

“I-I want to just go… I want to leave here.” She whimpered slowly backing away from the two of them, her eyes drifting from one to the other. There was uneasiness in her gut about her decision, but she wouldn't turn back now.

Aelita needed to keep her focus on the stallion, needed to be sure he wasn't about to pounce, but the more she stared the smaller her steps became. She felt him pulling her in, so she looked at the mare.

Her stance was firm, her eyes still fixed on him. Her jaw clenched presumably fighting the pain in her rear hoof. It was clear by her stance that she was willing to protect Aelita, willing to place herself between the two of them regardless of the consequences. She had never seen someone so selfless.

faithofthefallen

akuma_kessaku

Omnipresent Gawker

7,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items