Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands [IC]
[PRP] A king and his queen (Makoto/Lala)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:09 am
Makoto stared out over his pride's lands, breathing in the morning air. In the distance, he could see some cheetahs running, racing each other for the simple thrill of it. That or they were practicing. Either was good. The yearly races were passing, after all, and for all he could guess, those that hadn't made the cut for the final Grand Race were simply preparing for next year. It was a good way to use one's time, after all. He let out a yawn, before smiling to himself. Despite the drought, and the worries he'd expressed to his dear friend... Life was good, because despite the drought, the pride was still flourishing. Life, as it was, found a way. It always found a way.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:31 pm
She was watching the cheetahs race and was quite excited by them. There was a good lot, and a few of them were quite handsome. Hopefully there would be some baby cheetahs soon, and she could get herself one to enter. Since it was all about training and luck, the pride shouldn't object to their queen entering a couple of races on a whim, right? Lala hadn't even thought about that. Before meeting Makoto, she hadn't thought about being a queen to anything. Still, the male had managed to captivate her wild heart and she was quite fond of him.

Sighing heavily, she dragged herself away from the cheetahs to sit with her King and just leaned against him, flopping over like it was a normal thing. Droughts were nothing new to her, so she knew the pride would be fine because of it. "Worrying will give you gray fur, Makoto," she teased him, grinning.

Andranis

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:30 pm
Saint Sergio

Makoto smiled, draping an arm around his mate. The cheetahs were quite the sight to watch running, but looking at Lala was even more of a pleasing sight to him. "Oh, but wouldn't you like a most exotic mate, solid white in coloring?" Not that there weren't already a lot of white lions... He'd just never met them before. "Love, the pride's beginning to flourish again... We beat back that plague, and we're powering through this drought! Soon we'll have a pride with numbers to boast about again!" Just talking with Lala was making his worries dissipate. They were still there, of course, but her presence was making it much better. "I'm just sad the Grand Races couldn't happen this year... I was ready to bet on Njozi winning..."  
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 8:42 am
She arched a brow, leaned into her mate and then snorted. Very dignified, obviously. "Ah, no. If I wanted a white mate I would have taken one and not you." With that she licked his cheek and then nodded. Indeed their pride was flourishing. It made her heart swell with pride and even made her laugh a little more. Sighing, her tail flicked this way and that as she watched the cheetahs again.

"Well, they'll happen this year. And we'll be picking our favorites again. Don't fret." She smirked and leaned all of her weight against him before snorting. "Look, love. Look at your cheetahs. So well taken care of. And others think cheetahs and lions can't get along." She rolled her eyes at the thought. "Njozi? Which one is that again? There are so many it's hard to keep them straight."

Andranis
<3

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:05 am
Saint Sergio

The monochromatic lion rumbled, returning the cheek lick. He loved his pride and his mate equally. As his gaze panned the area, he mentally counted every animal he saw, thinking of them like his children. And why wouldn't he? He was their king, the lion they turned to when they had nobody else. Like a father, he looked over and after them, their best interests at heart.

His gaze turned to the sky, seeking the signs of rain, even a small shower. Anything. "Njozi is the dark brown cheetah with the white star on her forehead and white boots on three of her paws." The markings were striking against her dark coloring, especially the star. Her sister was even more-so striking, being nearly black with the white markings.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:26 pm
Lala nuzzled against her mate and hummed as he explained. "Ah, I see, yes yes.." She remembered the cheetah now. It was just honestly hard to keep track of every cheetah with every lion. Pink eyes looked around at the track, at the practicing ones and then looked up at her King. Sometimes he could have sworn he enjoyed the company of cheetahs more than herself, but she knew better. She butted her head against his chin and then bit down on it.

"Don't talk like that, I might get jealous," she purred at him. Lala slowly got to all four of her paws and stretched out. "Our pride is doing rather well, don't you think? Who knew it'd be like this. I never thought I'd enjoy cheetah racing when I was a cub. They were just... creatures which I had to beat to the food pile."

Andranis

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:34 am
Saint Sergio

His ears flicked in his dark mane, blinking. "Dear heart, don't think that I'll choose a cheetah over you." He nuzzled her, a rumble in his throat and chest. "YOU are the one I love." If he were human, a good comparison would be that cheetahs were like sheep, horses, or cows he tended to, keeping them fed and trained. Except these were still cheetahs, he was still a lion, and the cheetahs did a great job of training themselves.

He draped an arm around her, hugging the two-tone lioness. "Well, now you don't have to fight them for food!" Granted, of course... Cheetahs still got ideal cuts. But lions got just as good of cuts of meat, being the protectors of the pride's lands. In the end, though, Makoto thought of everybody the same - A member of a large pride with great potential, race not mattering in the least.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:41 am
Lala just arched a brow at his rumbling and leaned forward to nose against his face, nuzzling with a gentle purr, eyes closing. "Hush. I know. I was teasing. It's a thing I do." Then she was pulled in for a hug and Lala just laughed and let her tail flick a little more before nodding. "Indeed I don't. I've climbed up the social rung as high as I can. Snatching the heart of a king in a pride that's brimming and buzzing with life."

She nipped at his chin playfully, her ears perked right up, smiling a little more. "If I get a cheetah, I'd want it to be as a cub. Because.. well, easier to train, and I'd want to get to know my cheetah."

Andranis

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers